Politics "Under God"

i think that in anything patriotic, the word "God" and any other word affilliated should be removed! it is a DISGRACE to Christianity that the US calls itself a Christian country. it was not founded by Christians (it was founded by deists who believe that God created everything and just lets it run as he sits back and watches). and also, the things that our gov't does is completely NON-xtian. for once, i hope that the atheists win this battle.

I disagree with you, the_alliance. Why would the word "God" be a disgrace to Christians? I think they should keep it because we should respect the culture of our forefathers, for if we do remove it, I think that would be a disgrace to America, because it was a piece of history. The pilgrims came to America, to do what...WORSHIP GOD! Why can't we just keep it?

Aliasfan13 said:
I disagree with you, the_alliance. Why would the word "God" be a disgrace to Christians? I think they should keep it because we should respect the culture of our forefathers, for if we do remove it, I think that would be a disgrace to America, because it was a piece of history. The pilgrims came to America, to do what...WORSHIP GOD! Why can't we just keep it?
look at the american culture. then look at what values christians uphold. not a lot in common, so i say screw the past, because unless we're going to change our culture, then there's no point in bringing God into the picture.

Back