Season 5 Vaughn Is Dead?

Hello everyone. I am new to the board, this is my first post. Nothing has upset me enough to make me post. I am really mad. I feel betrayed almost, and yes that is a little dramatic. I didnt even like Vaughn that much, but I didnt want him to die. That is like killing Ben from Falicity or Jack from lost, it just isnt right!! We have invested four seasons into Vaughn. Now we get to watch Jen run around pregnant in Tshirts, its just to wierd. I dont mean to gripe on my first post, but I need to vent. They didnt even make a big huge deal about his death some nobody killed him. They could have had Sloan or Sark kill him. OK i wont complain anymore, thanks for listining everyone. Does anyone agree?????

Vaughn is dead hes not coming bk he is gone once and for all i hated his Micheal Vaughn i never liked him on the show and with Sidney leaving next season anyway because she is pregent it was time to get ride off the usless talent on the show I allways though will and sidney would be great togther the one nite stand in season 3 wasent enough they need to bring Will bk and marrie sidney

sark_is_hot, please avoid posts in the future judging the level of other fans' loyalties. It's petty and annoying, and is often the cause of thread infighting which forces closures. Thank you.

Ok, seriously.

I know people are die hard fans of their favorite characters but lets keep things in perspective.

1. My guess would be that several of the people that are talking about boycotting the show are the same people that have complained for two years that the show "just hasn't been as good" since S1 and S2. Well, look how many characters from those seasons are no longer with us. Will, Francie, et al. Nobody boycotted the show then and it would be irrational to do it now. Personally, I have always found David Anders a much more interesting character and more attractive than MV but it never occurred to me to boycott the show when they basically removed him from the plot. I think Lena Olin is a tremendous actress and I would have adored having her as a regular for the last few seasons but, again, c'est la vie. As much as people HATED Melissa George I thought she was an interesting character. She advanced the plot and I am sure that we didn't lose any fans when they brought her on or when the others exited. This should be no different.

2. The primary reason that ALL of us love this show is because the only thing constant on it has been change. Not just trivial things-MAJOR plot altering changes that have affected all of the MAJOR characters-this is no different. Give JJ some credit-dude just won an award for his ability to write FANTASTIC drama scripts. This show would have never lasted this long if Sydney was still trolling around SD6 thinking she worked for the CIA having the same conversation over and over again with Will and Francie about the constant travel with her 'bank job'. Same deal with Vaughn to some extent. I mean seriously, they're hot, they're not...over and over and over again. It was time for that to end. Now, did Vaugh need to die? Who knows....that point will be debated forever amongst hard core fans of Vaughn but bottom line-he is dead. The show will go on for at least another couple of months. I just can't imagine watching what has been a great show for over four years and then dumping it all because one of the major characters is written off the show.
You make a lot of valid and interesting points. I too, think Sark is hot, but come on. You can't kill off Vaughn and have any of the story ring true. The highs and lows of four years end in death?! If JJ makes this decision he sells out the STORY and the PASSION (like 4 years of college with no diploma). We loyal fans who 'don't believe the show has gone downhill' till NOW deserve our due. It's a lack of attention to detail. Sure JJ got an award, but he also doesn't even know how to say "Mahalo" after spending a year in Hawaii. Frankly, this latest decision makes me lose all faith in him. Dumping Alias,though inconceivable to me today, seems like their due for doing this to us, well me anyway. :angry:

:blush: im new to this website but here is my thoughts (1)jack said he would do whatever it took to help syd and vaughn (2 )we saw syd giving vaughn something to drink(remember what sloane did to emily in season 2 and what jack did to sloane in season 3.( 3 )closed casket vaughn face was not messed up so why not an open casket? and (4) the music playing at the funeral the song "dirty little secrets" so i think jack faked vaughns death. (i hope so, it still made me cry though)
Totally agree with you on this. One thing more, there might be even a MV cloned, its possible. Remember when Ethan Hawke was a guest in Season 3 (I think) The Dr. cloned himself to look like Ethan ( I forgot name character in that ep.) A body switched is also possible. MV is one of the main character so I don't think Jj wil just kill him off like that.

Sydaction

Was anybody else as pissed about Vaughn's death as I was? Not kidding, my jaw dropped when he "died", and it made me so sad. He can't die, he has to be alive. I only hope it was his evil double who died and not Vaughn. And if he really is dead on the show, I think it has something to do with Jennifer Garner's marriage and new baby w/ Ben Affleck, if so that makes me even more pissed off. Vaughn is too good of a character to be dead!!!!!!! I may have to stop watching the show if he is really dead, it makes me so sad...

argh! no! This cannot be happening!
Being an aussie, the news of Vaughn's death is definetly news to me! BIG news!!! Here in the land of AUS, we have only been aired episodes just a little past halfway of the 4th season - and to learn that Vaughn has been killed (or not???) is really scary! I don't want him to die!

I'm sorry, Iam going to be a smart A$$ here, but how can you come back from the dead if you really aren't dead? Sorry, I am still one of the fans that thought it was wrong to write off Vartan, and I hope they do bring Vaughn back. Yea, maybe they brought back like everybody in the show, and maybe it can get annoying, but of all people that they need to bring back....it's VAUGHN. I'm sorry but he really made that show. Sydney and Vaughn did. With all the clues and I believe we will be seeing Vaughn again. I wouldn't be surprised if it was when Sydney gives birth either.

Love ya,

Penny :angelic:

I'M BACK!!!!!!!

1. My guess would be that several of the people that are talking about boycotting the show are the same people that have complained for two years that the show "just hasn't been as good" since S1 and S2.

2. I just can't imagine watching what has been a great show for over four years and then dumping it all because one of the major characters is written off the show.

1. I'm probably going to boycott the show if I don't see evidence or clues of him being alive and no, I wasn't complaining about Seasons 3 and 4 being sucky or of poor quality.

2. Vaughn was one of two constants in the show. One being Jack's love for her and two being Vaughn's love for her. They made it clear while he was married to Lauren (who I really liked) that he loved her. All along their love has been just as consistent as Jack's love. Its been there more than SD-6, the CIA, Rimbaldi, etc. One thing I've said since Season 2 is they could never take away Jack or Vaughn because it would ruin the only two strong points of the show. And they've done it. They've spent four years building you up to love and cherish these two people and their relationship, even when he was with Lauren, only to throw it away when they FINALLY get engaged, when they FINALLY are going to be a family together. Something they've been pushing us to want for a few years now.

Its just plain WRONG.

I think Vaughn is not dead because when Syd looked Jack at the hospital (just after Syd see vaughn who is dead), I have the feeling that Syd sayed by her look : Here we're are, it's did...
I don't know but I think it was very weird...

And remenber, when Syd lost his fiance Dany : She was crying and crying... And she was very angry (obviously)! But at Vaughn's funeral, Sydney didn't cry, zero tears !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And don't forget : with Alias, everthing is possible...
:cool:

I have a couple of theories, both of which I sort of hope are not true because they're rather cheesey but they seem to me like what would happen on alias. I hope he's dead for real because (1) I never liked him that much (2) I'm getting really sick of how so many people aren't really dead

So here are my theories

Syd Knows Vaughn's Not Dead Theory
Syd gave him something in his water...he died in a hospital and not when he was shot which I think is a big clue. There was a closed casket funeral, Syd didn't cry at all and Jack didn't comfort her. They both know what's going on and are pretending he's dead for his protection.

Extracted by Prophet Five Theory
Vaughn was extracted by prophet 5 so that he could work for them while the CIA thinks he's dead. He's working for them. Syd will fall in love with Tom Grace and then Vaughn will come back and be all "What!? I thought you'd wait for me" and she'll be like "aw man! now what?" and it'll be all repetetive because JJ doesn't seem to know how to come up with new plotlines and just uses the same ones over and over again.

There you have it...

because i'm an aussie we are still in the fourth season and injoying as much of vaughn as i possibly can. i watched the second last episode, and when vaughn proposed to sydney in the helicopter it was soooo sweet. then i remembered that vaughn is giong to died, i just cried. i know that i am sad and cause i don't have a relationship of my own, i emotionaly attach myself to others.
but vaughn can't be dead!!! i agree with you guys, about vaughn not being dead.
also with every one coming back from the dead, it is annoying, but hey it comes with the show.

Back