Victor at the "It's Always Something" Variety Show

Thankyou for the information ;) Your trip sounded fun :smiley:

I don't understand what Gilda wrote? :thinking:

I am sad reading those cancer stories. I can only imagine what it must have been to see them live, very emotional :(

Sounds like a profitable event, very successful. Gilda would be proud ^_^ What a great friend Victor is to her, even though she's not here physically, she's still here spiritually, always in the hearts of those that knew her :love:

Cherie, she wrote a book, not a box. Spell check only does so much.

It was very emotional. Especially for the woman who talked about having to deal with cancer for the 4th time in her life. She spoke with so much dignity. I know I never could have talk like she did.

I think she may have said something about having so much chemotherapy, that the doctors have to come up with a different way to fight her cancer? I maybe getting that story mixed up with something else. I hope one of the other ladies can confirm if she said that, or not.

That is so sad. I truly feel for the people and their families. Gilda's Club is such a great organization, and it is so nice that celebrities donate their talents and time to help the cause.

This is just another example of how sweet and caring Victor is, also of how amazing Gilda must have been.

filmlover said:
This is just another example of how sweet and caring Victor is, also of how amazing Gilda must have been.
[post="1059930"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
According to the website...

Gilda’s Club was founded in 1991 by Joanna Bull, Gilda’s cancer psychotherapist, Gene Wilder, and a number of Gilda’s other friends.

I do remember that Gene Wilder was involved in getting the Club started. Maybe one year he will make an appearance there.

I'll have to leave my other comments for tomorrow. There is so much to say.

I'm learning so much here ^_^ I didn't know she wrote a book. I think that Gene passed away :thinking: I could be wrong :confused: He'll always be Willy Wonka to me :D Just like Victor will always be Jack Bristow :love: Fredrik Egerman :throb: etc

It must be overwhelming to try and remember everything to post :smiley: Get some rest! :number1:

A question I forgot to ask, was Victor nervous when he sang? :P I love the Into the Woods song

According to imdb's biography about Gene Wilder that was current as of December, 2003 he is a survivor of non-Hodgkin's lymphoma and is currently living in Stamford, Connecticut with his fourth wife.

Perhaps you were confused :thinking: because he had lymphoma?

Sounds like you all had a wonderful experience. Toria, you sure are putting on the miles for Victor. Did he remember you from LA?

ETA:

Bridget sends her :love: to you all!

aliasmountaineer said:
According to imdb's biography about Gene Wilder that was current as of December, 2003 he is a survivor of non-Hodgkin's lymphoma and is currently living in Stamford, Connecticut with his fourth wife.

Perhaps you were confused  :thinking: because he had lymphoma?

Sounds like you all had a wonderful experience. Toria, you sure are putting on the miles for Victor.  Did he remember you from LA?

ETA:

Bridget sends her :love: to you all!
[post="1060049"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Hodgkin's lymphoma, could have also been the disease that the female speaker said she was first diagnosed with, not Hotchkiss Disease. I know it was one or the other.

Marilyn, it was a wonderful experience and each mile is well worth it.

I commented on this earlier, but it is surely worth mentioning again. I told I saw him in ALNM and I was part of the group of 14 that he meet with. He did say that he remembered the group. The way he said it, I know that he meant it.

I don't have time right now, but there was difference in how he looked yesterday and how he looked at ALNM. I'll comment on that later.

I hope Bridget is doing well. :dogrun:

BTW, at one point, Victor was drinking out of one of these glasses, :martini:. I'm not sure what the alcohol was, but the mix was cranberry juice. That was all that they had at the bar where he was standing next too.

I think that Gene passed away
i'm pretty sure he's alive as well. he was on will and grace a while ago... still a very funny man. thanks for your encounter Toria, you covered all the bits that we were to excited to talk about :lol:
Barbara

Barbara, Toria, Shannon, Jacksbabe thank you show much for sharing your pictures and memories of your evening at "It's Always something." I am truly enjoying myself living vicariously. :D

Early on in your comments Barbara you mentioned Victor was out of breath and maybe tired on stage when talking about Gilda. I emagine it had to be hard for him to recollect and say precisely what he wanted to. He had just sang Godspell's ALL FOR THE BEST. In the movie, he sang it with David Haskell, who passed on in 2000 of Brain Cancer. Not to mention the other Godspell cast members that have passed on including Director David Greene. Don't forget AFTB was filmed on top of the WTC. Victor had to be pensive and emotional.

I like the stage pictures. Barbara and Shannon were close to the stage to get a good look. The elevator picture may show a smiling Victor, but the crowd scared me. I don't like being packed like a can of sardines. lol Victor pics with Barbara and Shannon came out great. I agree with Victor,Barbara, you are cute!

Thanks for explaining the Funny Voice. Actually, I played the number on the DVD last night to see that part. The captions actually say "WC Field's accent." I had always thought it was more David Haskell doing the accent than Victor Garber. I guess they both did.

Victor's hair seems to be turning white now. Not sure if I like it. Anxious to see Will & Grace and Alias to decide. I am not sure if the weight loss is good. It seems to be more weight loss than July's ALNM pictures.

I will be restricting my posts to early morning and evening.

Hi Gina! No, of course I don't mind sharing the same AV with you. Look at him in that picture. The man is gorgeous.

Yeah, it must have been really emotional for Victor, remembering the people who have passed on.

I don't know about his weight. I assumed that maybe weight loss meant he had good control of his diabetes. Of course, I have no idea what I am talking about.

I didn't know that the funny voice was WC Field's accent. Thats cool. Yeah, both Victor and David did the funny voice at the end of the song.

OMG! Your pictures turned out so well! I don't even have mine developed yet......I don't know what my problem is! I think I'm scared that my one picture with Victor won't turn out!

Once they are developed, and I can get my hands on a scanner, I'll try to post them to the board....I've never done that before, but I've got to give it a shot!

FGina said:
The elevator picture may show a smiling Victor, but the crowd scared me.  I don't like being packed like a can of sardines.

Victor's hair seems to be turning white now.  Not sure if I like it.  Anxious to see Will & Grace and Alias to decide.  I am not sure if the weight loss is good.  It seems to be more weight loss than July's ALNM pictures.
[post="1060154"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
No wonder he had a bodyguard to get through the hoards of people. Would be hot and stuffy there too with not much air circulating unless they had airconditioning on cold ^_^

Sometimes the light can make hair, features looked different, tired. He did look extremely well and healthy at ALNM in July :smiley:

Watching S3 there are some episodes where he looks to have lost alot of weight and then with the short haircut, didn't look well :( At least over the Summer he looked heathy again. Perhaps the seasons disrupt diabetes somewhat? I have no idea :o_O: All I know is I feel better in Summer/Autumn than I do in Winter/Spring when it's cold -_-

Doing ALIAS can't be easy, especially with the shooting schedules being all times of the day and long hours. Even Jennifer looked tired and worn out in some S3 scenes.

I don't have time right now, but there was difference in how he looked yesterday and how he looked at ALNM. I'll comment on that later.
:blink:

I am interested in reading how Victor looked different than he did at ALNM.

yeah, it is probably difficult during the seasons to manage diabetes because of the weird and hectic schedule.

toria55 said:
I commented on this earlier, but it is surely worth mentioning again.  I told I saw him in ALNM and I was part of the group of 14 that he meet with.  He did say that he remembered the group.  The way he said it, I know that he meant it.
[post="1060134"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
:D :smiley: :happydance: :D :smiley: :happydance:

BTW, at one point, Victor was drinking out of one of these glasses, :martini:.  I'm not sure what the alcohol was, but the mix was cranberry juice.  That was all that they had at the bar where he was standing next too.
Remember that breakfast recipe of his came out with cranberries ^_^ Obviously likes them :P Now here that would not happen. It would be orange juice or perhaps pineapple ;)

actually, i think what he was drinking was wine. if was dark and thicker than what they were serving, which was cranberry juice with vodka i'm pretty sure (cosmopolitan?). Also, that cranberry juice was excessively sweet, i don't think he'd be able to drink that. he probably had special considerations because of his diabetes and was offered something else to drink.
Barbara

That's probably wine because of the shape of the glass. If it were a cosmopolitan type drink it would have been in a martini glass.

Not that I know this from experience or anything.......

SpyDaddyRulez said:
That's probably wine because of the shape of the glass. If it were a cosmopolitan type drink it would have been in a martini glass.

[post="1060515"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
You might be referring to the wine in the picture that Barbara posted. I didn't see him with the wine glass. I was saw him with a martini glass. I may have a picture of it.

GC Girl may have seen the martini glass because I commented to her about it.

Victor must have asked someone to get him the drink, or someone just handed it to him, because trust me on this one, the man did not have a free second to do anything but be led around by his bodyguard.

Even when he came off the elevator, and Barbara tried to talk to him, it was the bodyguard (WE GOT TO NAME THAT GUY) that was pulling him away.

He did, however, stop and tell her he couldn't talk to her at that moment. I'm sure Barbara will know better what he said.

This was when we saw him on an elevator that opened and then closed. That elevator went down a flight. We walked down and saw him getting off the elevator one level below. Interesting, now that I think of it, he got off the elevator and then walked up the stairs. This is the picture that Quick-as-Fox-Barbara took of him walking up the stairs. He had just gotten off an elevator that took him down a flight, then had to walk back up.

ETA: I just saw Barbara's post. Yes the pic you took was of wine. When we were standing on the stairs, near the entrance to the seats, he had a different glass in his hand.

I never saw him with the wine. I was surprised when I saw your picture.

The cranberry juice was Ocean spray. All they had at that bar was the cranberry juice and water.

SpyDaddyRulez said:

[post="1060515"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
:lol:

We have Ocean Spray brand here :smiley: Something of yours we do have :rolleyes:

Back