double arcade.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 120
  • Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 121
  • redundant phrase.jpg
    redundant phrase.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 118
The second 'Arcade' is actually a link to the arcade URL -- For example, if you are playing a game then you'll see something like 'Playing a game' 'Play game!' (I forget the exact wording at the second) with 'Play game!' a link. If the second phrase is not provided then no link is made.

I guess the question then becomes... if the status is "Viewing the Arcade", then what should the link text be that appears after it?

BTW: Which text editor are you using? :D

The second 'Arcade' is actually a link to the arcade URL -- For example, if you are playing a game then you'll see something like 'Playing a game' 'Play game!' (I forget the exact wording at the second) with 'Play game!' a link. If the second phrase is not provided then no link is made.

I guess the question then becomes... if the status is "Viewing the Arcade", then what should the link text be that appears after it?

BTW: Which text editor are you using? :D

"Main Page"
"Category Listing"

Anything but "Arcade". Looks odd.

Yeah, I just noticed this today while one of my members was viewing the arcade. Definitely should change this to something that doesn't read so poorly. Viewing the arcade home. Viewing the arcade game listing. etc etc etc.

Maybe the reverse... "Viewing Games Listing Arcade"?

That way Arcade is the generic app/section while "Viewing Games Listing" would change when playing a game and/or other stuff is added.

hmmm...that would make it seem like "Games Listing" was an arcade. Which seems odd. I'm a software developer myself, so let me try and think from your perspective. What are the restrictions/limitations of building the string/link?

Here's some examples (the underlines will be the links) of what makes sense to me:

Viewing the arcade home.
Viewing the arcade category: Action.
Playing the arcade game: Blastoff Bunnies.

These just read easy and make sense.

Back