Politics War with Iraq

You tell me when there has been a president that EVERYONE has liked. Which means that they got ALL the votes. And I agree with Alias Hombre, people are going to be very thankful we went to war. And Russia, France and Germany are going to be feeling VERY stupid.

Those countries are just being jerks. If their national security was threatened, im sure they would want to defend themselvs from the evil forces in Iraq.
After we win and prove we were right, they will say they were on our side the whole time.

And then they'll be to scared to question us EVER. Again. This war is going to last a week, tops. We're just going to bomb the hell out of them, and I doubt we'll have anymore problems as long as Bush is in office. My father was telling me last night that they were drawing up plans to attack Iraq on September 10, 2001, so obviously the plan all along was to go to war. Just thought that was interesting.

I saw online that they have this plan to drop I think it was 3000 bombs on Iraq. They expect it to last 24 hours. I'm being lenient. What's with these ground forces anyway, if you have americans there then you have to hold back a little so you don't kill them.

AliasHombre said:
after we win the war, show the world that he had weapons, and prove he is linked to Osama, you will feel really dumb.  You will say that the war was a good idea.  And you are the kind of person who would be the first to critisize the governemt for not taking care of Iraq after we were attacked.

(when i say "you", i mean the opposers of war, not just you. Im not trying to call the opposers dumb or anything, thats not a good arguement. )
It really seems like you are referring to me in this statement and I find pretty much everything you said to be offensive. I have the right to my own opinion and you have no right to call me dumb, closed-minded, or hypocritical, which you have done, in effect.

I will never think that this war was a good idea. It may go well and we will probably win but I will never agree with attacking Iraq in the first place.

You don't know me personally so you have no idea what kind of person I am. If we were attacked by Iraq, I would not blame the government. They didn't attack us, Iraq did. I don't place blame where it's not due. Maybe you should learn to do the same.

Im sorry for saying "you". I didn't intend to offend you. BUt many (not all) people who are now oppesed will turn once we win.
\Many people also blamed the gov't after 9-11 also.

Thru The whole Clinton admin. I never heard the name of Osama. Did he really try to find him?

The war will take this apporch:
1) Our aircraft will bomb major sites (communications, air to air missles, tanks, command centers etc.)
2) After the air campiagn, the ground troops will go in and secure the areas and take out any other threat. Then they will maintain order.

Ground troops will not be a major part of the war. The air campaign will do the most part.

To all that protest this war, I have a question. Do you brush your teeth? Why? For prevention of cavities. Am I right?

This war is to dethrone Sadaam. It is preventing what will come in the future. Notice, yes I said what will come in the future. He has spoken publicly about KILLING the great devil. America is evil in his eyes and he will try to put an end to us. So by going to war, America is brushing her teeth. Since Bill did not take the USA to the dentist and prevented a cavity (Osama) we had a tooth ache on 9-11.

Kids, it is as simple as going to the dentist and brushing our teeth. Sadaam has to go. Bottom line.

Amen. And I love the toothbrush analogy. LOL.

But OMG I was watching the news and people are now calling French Fries... FREEDOM FRIES! Something about they are trying to boycott the French for not supporting us in the war. I'm going to call them that now! Same thing with French Toast.

that's got to be the most ridiculous thing i've ever heard. you DO know that the french didn't even invent french fries, right? :rolleyes:

and if we're going to start talking about the french owing us after world war II, i guess we can bring in past wars. didn't WE owe them after they helped us out in the american revolution? but i guess we've repaid that debt with our help in world war II. do you see how ridiculous and petty it becomes when we start tallying who owes who what? i mean, i wouldn't want to force my best friend to repay a favor for me by doing something she morally objects to.

and as for that toothbrush analogy, i feel that i must counter one weird analogy with another:

do you have a dog? are you going to shoot that dog in the head next week in fear that it will one day MAYBE attack you while you sleep?

kids, it is as simple as not being crazy and launching preemptive strikes because we are paranoid and suspicious of our dogs (or saddam).

i'm sorry, i just can't get over the whole french fries/french toast thing. that just makes me want to laugh hysterically at what some lawmakers are doing. do they not have better things to do? "The French Embassy in Washington had no immediate comment, except to say that french fries actually come from Belgium." apparently, bush isn't the only brain dead republican in washington. :rolleyes:

speaking of bush, in protest to his pushing war in iraq without offering enough evidence, all bushes will now be known as "peace shrubs"!! or ass-wipe. whichever catches on quicker.

First, it was a resturant owner in Califorina that cam eup with the "freedom" fry slogan. He also dumped all of his french wine in the street. There is a boycott on french tickler condoms also. Why is it so bad to boycott the "french" word in common things we have? Would you feel better if we were out burning there flag in the street?

No, I am not afraid of my dog attacking me. Dogs are man's best freinds and I would not compare Sadaam (a murdering crazy man) with a dog. I will do some looking today and get back on this, but I am willing to bet Sadaam has killed and hurt more people than dogs have. And now that I am on roll here about the dog, I bet dogs are treated better in this country than women are in Iraq.

By attacking Iraq, we are preserving peace for a region (the middle east), protecting Isreal, protecting the threat of further terrorism in our homeland, and protecting the Human rights of millions of men, WOMEN, and children.

I'm french and I don't think a war in Iraq (which means killing lots of people who didn't do anything) will change something ! If Bush really want to do something against Saddam Hussein, he can do this diplomatically !!

Some french people are for this war as some american people are against !!!!

I'm against but without necessarily being anti americanist !! I really like the US and american people, but I don't like the President Bush ant I don't like his ideas ! I think he just want to prove his power !!!

Peace and love

crazy spinster said:
that's got to be the most ridiculous thing i've ever heard. you DO know that the french didn't even invent french fries, right? :rolleyes:

and if we're going to start talking about the french owing us after world war II, i guess we can bring in past wars. didn't WE owe them after they helped us out in the american revolution? but i guess we've repaid that debt with our help in world war II. do you see how ridiculous and petty it becomes when we start tallying who owes who what? i mean, i wouldn't want to force my best friend to repay a favor for me by doing something she morally objects to.

and as for that toothbrush analogy, i feel that i must counter one weird analogy with another:

do you have a dog? are you going to shoot that dog in the head next week in fear that it will one day MAYBE attack you while you sleep?

kids, it is as simple as not being crazy and launching preemptive strikes because we are paranoid and suspicious of our dogs (or saddam).
THe help we recieved during the American Revoultion from France was from a totally different government then they had for WWII. That is kinda irrelivent.
That dog analogy sucks.
Dogs don't attack us in our sleep.
Cavities WILL happen if you din't brush.
We will get attacked again if we don't do something now.

Sophie said:
I'm french and I don't think a war in Iraq (which means killing lots of people who didn't do anything) will change something ! If Bush really want to do something against Saddam Hussein, he can do this diplomatically !!

Some french people are for this war as some american people are against !!!!

I'm against but without necessarily being anti americanist !! I really like the US and american people, but I don't like the President Bush ant I don't like his ideas ! I think he just want to prove his power !!!

Peace and love
We have been doing it "diplomatically" now for 12 years since the gulf war.
It ain't working.

Back