Wedding from Hell

Title: Wedding from Hell
Genre: Drama/Action/Angst
Author: Me, IrinaDerevko
Rating: PG-13, for violence

~Chapter 1

“Cecilia! Wake up!” Irina called.
I sat up in my bed. “What time is it?” I asked. I looked sleepily around the room, trying to find my alarm clock, which I had thrown somewhere earlier that morning.
“11:30,” Irina said.
“What!” I exclaimed, suddenly awake. “You were supposed to wake me up at nine!”
“Yeah, well, can you forgive me for sleeping late for once?” Irina said as she walked over to my bed. I didn’t hear her, though, because I had gotten out of bed to look for my dress. I opened the closet door, and started throwing things around, trying to find the garment bag.
“Will you calm down? We don’t have to be to the rehearsal until 1:15.”
“Yeah, but it’s a 90-minute drive with mild traffic. And we’re supposed to be there early! And I still need to get ready!”
It was rehearsal for Sydney and Vaughn’s wedding. They had announced their engagement last November, after Irina had been discharged from the hospital. Now it was November again. Irina and I had traveled to Ireland for the wedding. We had already spent a week there.
I found the dress hanging in the back of the closet. It was pale blue, with a strapless top and slim skirt. It was rather plain, but I didn’t mind. I was just excited that Sydney had picked me to be her maid of honor.
I laid the dress on the bed. “Did you order breakfast?” I asked.
Irina nodded, pointing to a table in the corner, where a tray of food sat. I picked up a piece of toast and ate quickly. I wiped the crumbs off my face and went to the bathroom to brush my teeth. Then I took my dress and changed in the bathroom. I pulled on my shoes and brushed my hair.
“Ok, let’s go.”
Irina and I walked out of the hotel room and down the stairs to the parking lot. She was dressed in a black dress. We got into the car and drove off.
I looked out the window. Ireland was beautiful, with its rolling green hills and numerous castles. Sydney had wanted her wedding to be here, and Vaughn had agreed, though he wanted the wedding to be in Paris. But, he said, he didn’t want to start a fight with his bride-to-be.
We arrived at the church five minutes early. Before the car had even stopped, I was out the door and running to meet Sydney and Vaughn, who waiting by the front door of the church. I hugged Sydney and Vaughn at the same time.
“Hi,” I said.
“Hi,” answered together.
Irina came up behind me. “Learn to walk like a civilized person, Cecilia,” she said, but smiled.
“But it’s Sydney and Michael, Mom! I haven’t seen them since April!” I said, rolling my eyes. I turned back to Sydney and Vaughn. “So what’s this surprise I’ve been waiting all this time for?”
They smiled at each other. I took in the sight of them, the two lovers standing together. They were turned to face each other.
“Sydney!” I cried. “You’re pregnant!” She smiled and nodded, looking down at her bulging stomach. I hugged her again. “That’s wonderful, oh, I didn’t even notice!”
Vaughn was hugging Irina. She was staring past him, at the church.
“Mom?” Sydney asked. “Are you okay?”
Irina shook her head slightly and blinked. “Yeah…yeah,” she said, smiling at Sydney. “That’s wonderful, honey, congratulations.”
Sydney beamed. “Let’s go in now; we can wait inside for everyone else to come.”
So we went in, with Irina still in a sort of daze.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Should I continue? Please R&R!
This first chapter was kind of short, only because it's a really short story! If you want me to update, I will, probably on Sunday because I'm going on vacation.

YAY!! YAY!! YAY!! SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEQUEL!!!! YAY!! THEY ARE GETTING MARRIED!! S/V ARE GETTING MARRIED!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!! AND SYDNEY IS PREGNANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAYYYY!!!! LIZ I LOVE YOU (not seriously..... just exaggeration)!!!!!

Thanks a million times for writing a sequel!!!!!!!!!!! "Wedding from Hell" what an interesting title.

And sydney's pregnant!

Thanks for the PM.

I can't wait until chapter 2.

crazy_4_alias said:
Sounds good, but why is it the wedding from H***? I can't wait for more!
Ooh you're going to have to wait to find out...heh heh. ::evil laugh:: :sly:

Thanks everyone...I'll write the rest while I'm sitting in the car for three hours today.....:yawn:

I'm BAACCKK!!!
~Chapter 2~
We walked into the deserted church. It was beautiful, with high ceilings and stained glass windows. There were at least 50 pews on each side. We walked to the front of the church, sitting in the first pew on the left side. Irina sat staring at her hands, while Sydney, Michael and I talked.
“So, when’s the baby due?” I asked excitedly.
“January.”
“Is it a boy or a girl?”
“The doctors say it’s a girl,” Sydney said.
At this Irina looked up. “What are you going to name her?” she asked, more than mildly interested.
Sydney shrugged. “We were thinking maybe Diana…”
“Or Linda,” Vaughn said, “for my mother.”
“Why would you name her after your mother?” Irina asked. I could tell she was only half-joking. She forged a laugh. “I’m just kidding, Michael.”
After about half an hour, the other guests began to arrive. Irina and I were introduced to all of Sydney and Vaughn’s friends: Marcus Dixon, Will Tippin, Eric Weiss, Marshall and Carrie Flinkman, and their 8-year-old daughter, Jasmine, and Francie Calfo. (A/N: Yes, Marshall and Carrie are married and have a little girl! Aww! And, yes, Francie is alive and it is not Freplica!) They were all very excited and energetic. But no one talked to Irina or me. Irina stared at the floor, while I looked around at everyone. I heard the door open and close. Everyone turned around to see Jack Bristow walk down the center aisle. Sydney stood up to greet him.
“Hi, Dad,” she said.
“Hi, sweetheart. How are you?”
“Okay, I guess.”
Irina stood and walked over to Jack, and I followed. She hugged him. Jack awkwardly patted her on the back. I watched in surprise and disgust. Irina turned around, and, seeing my expression, said, “Well, we’re married, aren’t we?”
I shrugged.
“You know, you should really be nicer to him. He is your stepfather.”
I stepped forward, extending my hand. Jack took it in a death grip and shook as hard as he could. I cringed. He let go, taking Irina’s hand, and walked back to her seat. I shook out my now-throbbing hand, and started to follow, when the door opened again. A short, stout woman, leaning on a cane and swinging a large red purse, walked in. Vaughn stood and quickly walked over to the woman. “Hi, Mom,” he said, helping her to a seat. “Everyone, this is my mother, Linda Vaughn.”
The party gathered around her, while Jack, Irina, and I hung back. Vaughn introduced everybody in turn, and after they had all returned to their seats, he beckoned us over.
“Mom, this is Sydney’s father, Jack, her sister, Cecilia, and her mother, Irina.” Mrs. Vaughn ignored both Jack and me, but instead, studied Irina. Irina stood, wringing her hands, while Mrs. Vaughn sized her up.
“Hmph,” she said after a moment, and turned away.
The three of us walked back to our seats. “Do you think she was suspicious of me?” Irina asked Jack in a low voice. Uhh, yeah, I thought, but kept silent.
“Oh no, she’s probably just like that, you know,” Jack said. I rolled my eyes.
“What if she-” Irina began, but couldn’t finish, because just then the wedding planner walked past. He stood at the front of the church. “We’re ready to begin,” he said.
Sark picked up his ringing cell phone. “Hello?”
“It’s me.”
“Oh, hello…”
“Have you heard about Sydney Bristow?”
“No.
“She’s pregnant.”
“Really?”
“Yes, really, idiot!”
“Why are you telling me?”
“I want it taken care of.” The phone went dead.

I think Sark was talking to Sloane . . . I can't think of who else would want Sydney to not be pregnant. Good way to introduce Vaughn's mother . . . considering it's the first time she's met Irina in person. Just a question, would Irina have met Dixon or Marshall before this, or were they just being polite?

Good chapter. And thanks for the PM.

Wait....... I have a theory on who it is but it's too early to tell.

STEPFATHER?!?!? Is Irina lying to Cecilia or is it the truth?!?!?

Great chapter Liz! :smiley:

~Chapter 3~

The bell above the door jingled. Sydney walked into the coffee shop. She spotted me at a table in the back, and walked over.
“Hi,” she said, carefully sitting down.
I looked up from the newspaper I had been reading. “Hi. Where’s Michael?”
She pointed out the door. “Waiting in the car, we’re running some last-minute errands for the wedding.”
“Oh.” I looked down, scanning the front page of the newspaper.
“You…didn’t want to go sightseeing with Mom and Dad?”
“What?” My head snapped back up. “Mom said she had to do something for work.”
“No. They went all around town, shopping and stuff. They were at the other end of the block when I came in. You should see them.”
I stood up, and ran to the door. I looked out, right, left, right again, until I saw Irina and Jack, looking in a shop window across the street. They were holding hands, and kissing.
“Eww!” I squealed. Sydney had come up behind me.
“I think it’s sweet,” she sighed.
I turned around. “Sweet nothing. It’s wrong. Not right. Let me spell it for you, W-R-O-N-G.”
Sydney shook her head. “Cecilia, they’re married. They’re in love. You wouldn’t know about true love, you’re too young…”
I closed the door and went back to my seat, with Sydney following.
“They’ve been married over 20 years. They were married even when you were born,” she said.
“Whatever.” I picked up the newspaper and walked out of the shop. Irina and Jack had moved to another shop, a little farther down the street. I walked over to them. I tapped Irina on the shoulder. She turned around.
“Having fun at work?” I asked, and turned, walking down the street and back to the hotel.
Sark paced back and forth, in front of the fifteen or twenty men he had gathered.
“I have orders from the boss to get a team together for the mission to…take care of Sydney Vaughn.”
“Excuse me, sir,” one of the men asked. “I thought you said her name was Sydney Bristow.”
Sark stopped in front of the man. “She’s married now.”
“But you said she wasn’t married yet.”
“Oh, shut up, Reid!” Sark yelled. “Don’t interrupt.”
“Yes, sir,” the man called Reid said.
“Now,” Sark continued. “I’ve thought very hard about this team. There will be five men, including myself.” Actually, Sark had thought very little about this team. It was a last minute request from his boss.
“So, I’ve chosen…you, you, you, and you.” He said, pointing at random men. “The rest of you, go home. The remaining four, come with me.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Short update, but I promise to updatea longer chapter really soon! :D

Back