Welcome back

I check in on this site every now and again. And I must say I nearly shed a tear when it was down. I thought that the last beacon of interest for HJ had closed up shop. Glad the forums are back.

We aren't going anywhere... Even if our host bails, I have a tidy backup of everything to carry on elsewhere. :D ........ Anyhoo... I'm cleaning up the broken links on the main page as well. So everything should be perfect again before long.

I would: sed -i -e "s/'HEROSHALL.COM" *.php if I could access the Shell Window via CPanel, to do a mass search/replace and fix all the links at once.. but until then, it's all manual. Yay. :-\

You will also notice the banner ads are now gone along w/ the PayPal donate link, since Frosty has all but officially turned the site over to me. I'm sure he will poke in from time to time, though. I will be removing the Google ads from the forums at some point as well. :smiley:

Hoo wah!

All of the links in the Hero's Hall library (Main site links) are working once more. If you find any page still displaying errors, please let us know!

The new scheme is neat and easier on the eyes than the old one, but I like the old booky feel of the HH default, so I'm sticking with it. Nice to see the forum and site all working again! I'll sort of miss giggling about all the ads, though, and what they thought I wanted to buy...

We aren't going anywhere... Even if our host bails, I have a tidy backup of everything to carry on elsewhere. :D ........ Anyhoo... I'm cleaning up the broken links on the main page as well. So everything should be perfect again before long.

I would: sed -i -e "s/'HEROSHALL.COM" *.php if I could access the Shell Window via CPanel, to do a mass search/replace and fix all the links at once.. but until then, it's all manual. Yay. :-\

mmmm... sed... a sysadmins toy from heaven...

You will also notice the banner ads are now gone along w/ the PayPal donate link, since Frosty has all but officially turned the site over to me. I'm sure he will poke in from time to time, though. I will be removing the Google ads from the forums at some point as well. :smiley:

Hoo wah!

Hoo haa!! <hates banner ads> So, whatever happened to Frosty? I miss him :(

Back