Season 3 WHAT JACK DID....

Hope we get more Sloane/Barnett love scenes...

JUST KIDDING ;)

Well, if you watched a little something something on Saturday on MTV (Jen's MTV Diary), you'll know that...

<!--spoilerbs--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>SPOILER </td></tr><tr><td id='SPOILER'><!--spoilerbe-->Sydney will be in a bikini for an upcoming episode - I can't wait!<!--spoileres--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--spoileree-->

GOD JENNIFER IS SO SEXY AND BEAUTIFUL AND SWEET!!!

I think you're right about the Trust . . . but there's an added benefit here. I don't think that Jack ever intended to let Sloane die . . . I think that he intended to do the bait and switch initially just to punish Sloane a bit (after all, Jack needs Sloane and he's a pragmatic guy). But then Sydney cornered him, so he changed his mind and ran into the little problem with the Legal Eagle. So he went back to plan A . . . he gave Sloane a clue, but I wonder if he really wanted Sloane to catch it? Anyway, the added benefit is that by doing this clandestinely, Jack gets a greater measure of control--something he had very little of in the oddly similar circumstance in season 2. Instead of allowing Sloane to call the shots as he was forced to let Irina do, Jack places himself in the position of control because Sloane is supposed to be dead and people aren't going to like it if they find out he isn't. Sloane has something on Jack in that Jack might have technically broken some laws in saving Sloane's life (even though he shouldn't have been executed), but he also owes Jack his miserable little life. Sloane told Jack they would be partners, but I don't think these were quite the terms he had envisioned.
^_^ ✌️

Why do that? Who knew Jack was going to russurect Sloane? Was Dixon behind it? What about that Legal Affairs guy?

i think it was a solo jack act. it seemed like he made him go through the whole charade of dying so he could be a free agent without the CIA (with the exception of jack) looking over his shoulder in search of the passenger. remember how lauren gained access to witness his death to later convey to her mom that he was surely dead. it seems that the convenant likes sloane better dead too. What better way to do undercover work than under the cover of a dead man. ;) plus jack probably wanted to scare the bastard. :P

Oh yeah, this is true. But really, the power stuggle goes on between these two. I mean Jack has the power because he holds Sloane's life in his hands (he could do just about anything to him and no one would be the wiser!) but Sloane maintains his power because he has information that Jack needs - as Jack told him when he revived him. As I see it, Sloane still holds the cards, but Jack has definitely evened out the playing field a little (how is that for mixing metafors? :P )

But do you think that Sloane missed the hints completely? Not that I have found any significance in either answer, but the fact that Jack said that about the war, and that Sloane had essentially done the same thing with Emily, made me wonder about that.

But you are right. I had thought it was a brilliant Plan B, but I think you are correct in saying it was Plan A.

:smiley:

Rinda said:
But do you think that Sloane missed the hints completely?
Maybe not, but he certainly gave a good show of acting as though he did. His despiration toward Sydney successfully pushed her when I don't think she needed to be pushed (so I don't think he knew then). And when Jack brought in the wine, Sloane treated him to such bitter invective (I mean, really, the "schoolboy crush" remark? If Jack had decided to save Sloane, that might change his mind right there!) that it's difficult to believe that he was catching on. I wonder if Jack had actually succeeded in pushing Sloane far enough that he wondered if it could possibly be true that all of his so carefully constructed machinations were sliding into the abyss before his very eyes that he became so panicked and aghast that he failed to see what was clearly before him--what, under normal circumstances he would never miss?
;)

Back