What kind of character are you planning on making?

volund

Cadet
I know there is already a topic dealing with race and character class, but I'd like to start something a little more in depth than that. This is a true roleplaying game (I feverishly hope), so I'd like to see people's character descriptions, based on what they know about this game and its lore so far. Here is an example template (my character thus far, actually):

Name: (Not yet known)
Race: Human - Old Blood
Classes: Warrior/Gearknight
Faction: Gearsmiths
Preferred Weapon: A big, two head axe :smiley:
Body Type: Tall, gaunt, pale - almost sickly.
Facial Features: Slicked back hair, black/brown. Handlebar mustache.
Fashion: A dark blue suit, white gloves. Golden embroidery. An eyepatch over left eye.
Personality: A perfect gentleman. Slightly eccentric, but passionate. Imperialist attitude.
Background: Unknown thus far. I'll update it after I learn more of the lore of Hero's Journey, especially the Gearsmiths.

I was actually thinking of starting such a post myself.:smiley:

Name: Aries
Race: Suwari - Feral
Classes: Bard/Warrior
Faction: Nature
Preferred Weapon: One handed fencing sword
Body Type: Medium Height, Slender, Athletic, Nimble
Facial Features: Short brownish fur, Grayish-Green eyes, always smirking.
Fashion: Leather armor, Banjo hung over shoulder, Rapier sheathed ready for a fight.
Personality: Cunning and witty, always ready for a fight and always plucking away at his banjo.
Background: Raised in the wild, found his way into a musicians shop and hasn't left since.

Name: Frosty or Maseth
Sex: Always a female! I am male though ;)
Classes: Healer/Cleric or Wizard/Necromancer
Faction: Arcanum
Preferred Weapon: One handed Broad Sword, or a Staff
Body Type: Small Height, Athletic
Facial Features: Short blonde fur, blue eyes.
Fashion: Heavy plate armor :smiley:
Personality: Always the one to make everyone laugh. You never know if she is sarcastic or not, but when that bolt of fire comes at you; you know its seroius.
Background: WasN'T abandoned at birth, was raised by wizard parents.

Tough choice as there can be some very interesting combinations. I am leaning toward.

Name: She will have to tell me once she's created.
Race: Domesticate
Class: Rogue/Necro
Preferred weapon: Pair of daggers or perhaps a cudgel.
Body Type: Small, Wirey
Facial Features: thin, intense
Fashion: dark colors. mostly cloth, cape.
Personality: Basically good but early survival traits always vie for self interest and self preservation. Quiet. If you piss her off you will likely get a knife in the back without a word at the 1st opportunity.
Background: Fell in early with necros for survival on the streets. Unknown parentage. Influenced strongly by affable Bard/Rogue who helped her envision a different way to live.

I wonder if this is why I end up soloing alot :smiley:

Name: Chaotic or ChaoticX
Sex: Still deciding
Classes: Healer/Cleric or Gearknight/Necromancer
Preferred Weapon: Some onehanded Sword or a Staff
Body Type: About medium height, Athletic, or something else.
Facial Features: Long Black fur, blue eyes.
Fashion: Heavy plate armor or a Robe
Personality: The quiet type, but friendly.
Background: Unknown :Ph34r:

I actually don't know much at all about the games lore. There is nothing on the official site.

But, here is what I have so far.

Name: Sevroth
Sex: Male
Classes: Warrior/?
Faction: ?
Preferred Weapon: two handed sword
Body Type: Above average height but not overly tall, kinda pale, athletic build.
Facial Features: Long black hair, grey eyes.
Fashion: Dark colors, probably primarily black. Maybe some kind of robe, I'll have to see what outfits are in the game.
Personality: The quiet type, but friendly. :smiley: If I gave him a D&D alignment it would probably be neutral with good tendancies.
Background: ?

Name: EvilApollo

Classes: Gearknight/Necro or Warrior

Preffered Weapon: Two Handed sword if Warrior... or a couple One Handed swords if Necro

Body Type: Anything that can be describes as godly.. making those in my presence feel gifted =] (Tall, Athletic, generally well lighted... >.>)

Facial Features: Black Hair, evil lookin eyes, long ears.

Fashion: Long Black Coat, possibly some chain armor type thingey... Red Pauldrons, thick black and red gloves and boots, possibly a hood to add to the evil theme.

Personality: Evil-ish, arrogant, but fair. Even gods have rules, and gotta follow em.

Background: Something wierd happened in a seperate dimension... where there were really Greek Gods. I happened to have made an explosion, killed myself, and went here for no explainable reason. Without all my old responsibilities, I became evil and sought to kill Rai... (Laughs at the inside joke). Lost my power though. Want to regain it...

Originally posted by Aries@Mar 8 2006, 06:47 PM

Fashion: Leather armor, Banjo hung over shoulder, Rapier sheathed ready for a fight.
Personality: Cunning and witty, always ready for a fight and always plucking away at his banjo.
Background: Raised in the wild, found his way into a musicians shop and hasn't left since.
pretty much exactly what i want to make even the eye color, except i much prefer a smaller weapon like a knife or dagger.

Originally posted by Alexander+Mar 11 2006, 09:29 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Alexander @ Mar 11 2006, 09:29 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-Aries@Mar 8 2006, 06:47 PM

pretty much exactly what i want to make even the eye color, except i much prefer a smaller weapon like a knife or dagger.[/b][/quote]
Then you can have it! :lol:

I'm going Warrior/Wizzard or Warrior/Necro I think.

Name: not decided
Sex: female
Race: domesticate or ilvari
Classes: Healer/Wizard
Faction: Kinnaes or Arcanum
Preferred Weapon: magic
Body Type: as waifish as possible...the sort that could blow away with a puff of wind
Facial Features: Nothing is set in stone at this point, probably some variant of light brown or blonde hair.
Fashion: Loose, flowing somethings. Could be dress, could be loose pants. Very colorful. Lots of gemstone jewelry if possible.
Personality: Friendly and loopy. Tendency to talk about fate and energies and past lives. Often offers to read your aura. Has even good things to say about just about everyone, even the evil sort prone to attacking her.
Background: none yet

The basic idea is to create the Ilvarian or Domesticate version of a new age flake. The race I choose is pretty much dependent on whatever looks cooler to me when I open up character creation. :smiley:

If Tog women can be reasonably "normal" looking (IE, not neanderthals or with huge tusks), then I might do a 180 and go for

Name: not decided
Sex: female
Race: tog
Classes: Warrior/Ranger
Faction: Kinnaes
Preferred Weapon: Two-handed sword and composite short bow
Body Type: Muscular, busty, and GREEEEEN
Facial Features: Pale green eyes, dark brown curly hair.
Fashion: As. Little. As. Possible. :D Platemail bikini all the way.
Personality: Friendly but in your face. Loud and brazen.
Background: none yet

Name: Meerrp
Sex: Female of indeterminal years
Race: 1/2 Ilvari Earthfolk and 1/2 Suwari Feral
Class: Warrior/Cleric - Sword sworn of her goddess in order to avenge the murder of her entire clan.
Preferred weapon: Carries a rapier and has various insundry knives, throwing and otherwise, hidden about her body and clothing.
Body type: Catlike, lithe, and small.
Facial Features: Short calico fur, vivid green eyes, white whiskers
Clothing: Leather boots, leather armor, tattered blue, green, yellow tartan
Personality: Moves VERY quietly, talks VERY quietly, doesn't suffer fools gladly, will go at great lengths to help others
Background: Her clan has been destroyed and she has sworn her sword to her goddess to achieve vengence. As she moves through the world she often partners with others on quests but she continually looks for the ones who caused the death of her clan.

(What does anyone think???)

Name:Brom

Sex:Male

Race:Stoneborn-Burian

Classes: Warrior/rogue

Preferred Weapon:Big ol' Hammer

Body Type: Muscular, Big.

Facial Features: Black eyes, White braided beard.

Fashion:Red and gold plate.

Personality:Humorous, Lonerish (until you get to know him)

Background:none as of yet.

Name:Maseth, or Frosty

Sex:Female

Race:Ilvari

Classes: Healer/Bard

Faction: un-decided.

Preferred Weapon:Staves, and wands. Possibly a flute :smiley:

Body Type: Short, and fat. Seriously.

Facial Features: Green eyes with a wrinkly face. Kind of old looking.

Fashion:Grey robes, possibly a very 'unique' outfit for later on, and special occasions.

Personality:You never know what to expect, but you never want to get on her bad side.

Background:Has been working in herb growing, and alchemy for years!

Name: Chiba, Echo, DirtyTofu
Sex: Male (I got sick of getting confused as a girl in FFXI playing as a Mithra)
Race: Human or Human/Elvish mix
Classes: GearKnight/Necro,Rogue,Ranger or Bard/Healer,Necro,Wizard
Faction: *shrug*
Preferred Weapon: Fists, Dual Wield Axes or Swords
Body Type: Tall and FAT!
Facial Features: Rugged Looking. Beard with Caveman Hair
Fashion: Heavy Armor or Hooded Robes
Personality: Silent, but deadly!
Background: *Confidential*

Name: Korama
Sex:Male
Classes: Ranger/Rogue
Faction: Kinnaes
Preferred Weapon: Bow, Daggers
Body Type: somewhat shorter than average, lean
Facial Features: Dark grey with black stripes, white circle around one eye
Fashion: Snug fitting pants and sleeve-less shirt. Forest attire. Something to blend in with the surroundings.
Personality: Untrusting, cautiously curious
Background: I need more lore information to fill this out.

I might also try a Tog as my melee character but more on him later. My other character will be a non-melee, support type:

Name: Lucilde
Sex: Female
Race: Ilvari - Mistfolk or Earthfolk
Classes: Bard/Healer
Faction: Arcanum or Kinnaes
Preferred Weapon: Sabre
Body Type: average height, athletic
Facial Features: Sharp, pointy nose and ears. Short reddish-brown hair.
Fashion: Green and white blouse and breeches. Short travelling cloak.
Personality: Mysterious but alluring
Background: coming soon

Name: Presto
Race: Suwari or Human, not sure yet
Classes: Wizard/Bard
Faction: Unsure
Preferred Weapon: A stave and my mind
Body Type: furry or bald, depending on race
Facial Features: furry or bald :smiley:
Fashion: Something that says, I know how to dress, but I prefer looking like this anyway
Personality: A loner who lets few in, but shows total loyalty to those few
Background: Unsure

Name: Jaraeth
<other info>: unsure

Sadly, what I'm going to make myself look like all depends on the character creator and the options open to me, then I'll base my characters personality, and path in life dependent on how the end result looks. Being an alt-a-holic, I may fill up all available character slots and go from there <_<

Name: Milamber or Delany (maybe multiple characters if we can have them)
Classes: Wizard/Cleric
Preferred Weapon: Long Sword (not sure what the weapons choices will be since wizards typically can't use much but clerics can use more - like shields)
Body Type: Tall, Athletic
Facial Features: Don't know
Fashion: Best I can get with the cleric part. Can't wait to see how this works.
Personality: Don't know...
Background: Dropped by the doctor at birth...

Name: Morneblade
Race: Earthfolk
Classes: Archer/Rogue or Warrior. I'll decide when I see more class info
Prefered Weapon: Composite Longbow, Longsword and Shortsword
Body Type: about 5'6", broad shoulders, thin waist, lots of long muscle.
Facial Features: Long straight unnaturally white hair, very dark skin, Silver eyes
Fashion: Black leather boots and breaches, black tunic and a hooded grey cloak.
Personality: Untrusting of more urban peoples, fiercely loyal to his friends, prefers the outdoors and has a special bond with reptiles, Generally kind and considerate, there is deep resentment and rage that can boil over.
Background: Waiting for more ilore at this point. But already I'm having thoughts for a story for him.

Name: Furtivus (Latin for stealthy)
Classes: Ranger/Rogue
Faction: Undecided
Preferred Weapon: Bow/Dagger
Body Type: Medium Height, Athletic
Facial Features: Short greenish/brownish fur (to blend in with enviroment), blue eyes, young.
Fashion: Leather armor greenish (again to blend in with enviroment).
Personality: Cunning, bold and charming.
Attack style - Furtivus attack style is very furtive. He never allow anyone to touch him by staying at a distance and attacking from the behind.
Background: Born and left to defend for himself in the wild, Furtivus uses his intellect and bravery to defend some of the most thoughest challenges. Motto - One second you are the pretator, the next, you are the prey, but one thing never changes! You won't survive the night! The weaker will go first, one by one, but so will you, for Furtivus is back, back in black!

Back