What's your style?

Karetyr

Cadet
Looking at the promised versatility of HJ's character customization system, I was struck with a thought - what would my ideal character look like?

And here's one of the concepts I came up with:

Boa Tannerson is a tall, well-muscled male human. A shock of short red hair explodes from his head in all directions, as if it were trying to escape his head. A smirk seems to have permanently affixed itself to his weathered, narrow face. Light, reddish-bronze armor covers his torso and legs, its dulled surface pitted and dented from hundreds of battles. A tattered dark brown cape hangs from his shoulders forlornly. Across his forehead is tied a long, blood-stained strip of cloth, its ends cascading down his shoulders. Strapped to his back is an immensely wide sword, the blade easily half a hand's span wide or more. The leather-wrapped handle flows almost seamlessly into the blade, with no crossguard to break the length.

It'll be interesting to see if I can recreate him in the actual game later this year. Anyone else want to share your concepts?

I've posted this a couple times before, but this seems like the best place for it so far.

I'll try and draw my idea for an Alt later, but it probably won't come out any better than this one. <_<

I plan on creating a Warrior type. I'm afraid i'm not blessed with your descriptive talents Riceman but i can try.

Haule has dreamt all his life to be a Warrior of legend, inspired by the Legends of his human ancestors. His clans custom of training the boys to be fighters has done it's work to give him the strength, body, and mind to defeat the Bandits that had besieged his Uncles caravan fives years before. His clan has bestowed upon him his armor that is composed of leather and peices of metal strategically placed to help him move and provide excellent protection. His hair cut short as to give his apponent no advantage. Trained in the ways of the sword, axe, and throwing weapons he is a force to be reckoned with. Perhaps one day he will be remembered in Legends like the ones that inspired him as a boy.

A nappy, dirty, grungy, shot-race (qwi/gnome). Hopefully I'll be able to just wear some raggy half-pants, a big floppy hat, and a fishing pole. I guess my class could be somewhat roguish...a hoolagain, a simpleton, a crazy oddball, etc.

With the race options the way they are, I'm hoping to get a pretty accurate representation of CK:

Cobalt is a young [Suwari] male, absolutely short and skinny. His fur is a medium red-orange, fading to crimson at the end of limbs and striped at the tail. Two vertical dark stripes go down from under his eyes to his chin, with white "eyebrows" somewhat akin to a red panda. His ears are large and angle slightly off the side of his head, almost appearing to be too large for him. Towards the top of his head, his hair is longer, lighter, and becomes a bit of a spiky hairdo. Perched on his forehead at all times are a pair of black goggles with blue lenses. Cobalt typically dresses in earth tones, ranging from stylish to more rugged and adventury.

Class-wise, I have absolutely no idea what to do with 'im yet. Components to the overall profession I'm thinking about are Rogue, Gearknight and Bard... Cobalt's backstory in other settings consist of being a former-assassin turned mercenary, typically dealing with hand-to-hand weaponry. If there's some kind of option for this, I'm all over it.

Would be way cool if they released the character creator early and allowed us to play with it.

We could save our designs in preparation for the game.

:smiley:

Heh, fun tool to play around with, I did so, but dont know how to capture my frankenstien (I am using WinXP if anyone could tell me how...)

Xhar

press "print screen" and then paste in into microsoft paint to make a bmp file and crop it down. if you have photoshop open a blank document and paste it in and crop it down.

Ok, stupid question, I hit printscreen, but cant find it... and no, its not in "my documents/pics/etc. Where did it go?

Heh, Thanks... I guess old dogs CAN learn new tricks...

cute.jpg

Heh, the name is still a work in progress, Basicly He is a young Mistfolk cleric who was possesed by an ancient "broken" evil Wizard, who occasionally posseses him.

...talk about seriously bi-polar/multiple personality disorder...

Xhar

DAMMIT! Now I can't decide what I want to be. felgercarb, felgercarb felgercarb. This always happens. I never get far in a game because I can't decide what I want to be.

Originally posted by Daax@May 24 2006, 04:02 AM
DAMMIT! Now I can't decide what I want to be. felgercarb, felgercarb felgercarb. This always happens. I never get far in a game because I can't decide what I want to be.
Don't worry, with an expected 2007 release, you've got plenty of time ;)

That is a fun site, thanks for sharing.

Here is Lucilde, Mistfolk Bard/Healer

Lucilde.gif

and Korama, Feral Suwari Ranger/Rogue

Korama.gif

It's kind of hard to make a Suwari looking character with the tools available at that site but I did the best I could. Still, from the neck down, he looks pretty good.

Back