When a mmorpg takes it just a little too far..

First I almost fell outta me chair. But then a thought hit me.

What if they made that a prepaid type if thing that parents could get their WoW fanatics and it would be good towards actually building their non existing credit score??

*cough*

You get 1 point for every dollar you spend.

It takes 1,500 points to get a month of playtime.

Isn't that like 100 months of playtime if you spent the cash on the actual fee instead of buying stuff on a credit card to build up points?

I could see perhaps if you're going to buy something BIG (like computer parts for that awesome new computer you know you NEED), but otherwise it just doesn't seem all that great.
Or if you're one of those compulsive shoppers. But then you're not concerned with playing on the computer, you're busy shopping..

I'm not surprised. Credit cards are extremely profitable. I'm surprised it took companies this long to make one. But then again, no game has shown this much popularity like WoW.

I find it to be a bit of a good move on their part. I believe Sony had a card too but not sure if anything went to game time.

The thing is unless you have a better card with better rewards, this could be a good choice for players that pay. Even if you only earn a free month every six months you still got something just for using a credit card you would have used anyways.

They are not going to stop until we rename the Earth, "Warcraft." Then it really will be the World of Warcraft.

Russia could be Eastern kingdom, Europe could be Kalimdor and N America could be.. eum.. well.. Outlands ( but only if you get the expansion ;) )

Back