When everything is too much

Title: When everything is too much.
Disclaimer: I have taken the characters from Alias and the story is kind of based on a; song concrete angel (see lyrics below)
Summary: Sydney has lost all hope, as life how she lives it is getting too hard.
Comments: Her dad is ill, Will has moved because he doesn’t want to be involved with the CIA; Lauren was never married to Vaughn, but is the enemy working in Germany. Vaughn and Sydney are engaged.

She walks to school with the lunch she packed,
Nobody knows what she's holdin' back,
Wearin' the same dress she wore yesterday,
She hides the bruises with linen and lace.

The teacher wonders but she doesn't ask,
It's hard to see the pain behind the mask,
Bearing the burden of a secret storm,
Sometimes she wishes she was never born.

Through the wind and the rain,
She stands hard as a stone,
In a world that she can't rise above,
But her dreams give her wings,
And she flies to a place where she's loved,
Concrete angel.

Somebody cries in the middle of the night,
The neighbours hear, but they turn out the lights,
A fragile soul caught in the hands of fate,
When morning comes it'll be too late.

A statue stands in a shaded place,
An angel girl with an upturned face,
A name is written on a polished rock,
A broken heart that the world forgot.

When everything is too much

Chapter 1

Nooooooooooooo… he doesn’t deserve it! Please, take me, I’m the one…

Sydney wakes up suddenly sweat dripping from her face. It was always like this these days; the nightmares came every night blaming her.

Sydney had a complicated life, started working for the very enemy she thought she was fighting, then becoming a double agent and finally working for the CIA. She had lost her best friend, her dad had cancer, her mum was nothing to do with her and Will had moved away, all she had was Vaughn.

That was then, now it was much different. It started when she was assigned to go with Vaughn to Germany, where Lauren was working. They didn’t know who she was working for, but assumed the worse and flew there immediately. Vaughn had asked Sydney to marry him two days ago and they were joking on the journey there.
Sydney: The ring is so beautiful, let’s set a date for the wedding!
Vaughn: *laughs* I don’t want to rush anything, but I know this is right; it is how it is supposed to be right from when we met.
Sydney: Do you remember that? Me being a double agent, seems ages ago! I want to wait until I have finished my teaching course first, Vaughn… do you want a family?
Vaughn: *surprised* Someday *smiles*

The plane lands and it starts to rain. Sydney comes out of the plane dressed as a scientist and Vaughn as a business man with a moustache, and they begin their journey to Berlin.

(Present time)
Sydney opens the little pink box she kept under her bed, and took out a tear stained magazine picture, her wedding dress, the most beautiful white dress ever with little silver butterflies and stars running down the skirt. Then she took out the ring, that’s when her tears really started.

please R&R i dont know if its any good. Helen xxx

You've got a good start, but try not to write the dialogue the way you have it with the
Sydney:

Using speaking tags, so it would be like "We should set a date," Sydney said, while looking at her ring.

It gives the story better flow.

Back