When You Need Me I Will Be There

[attachment=24283:attachment]When You Need Me I Will Be There
Chapter 1

A/N: This is a Gilmore Girls/One Tree Hill crossover. I don’t own anything but the story line. Hope you enjoy. The first couple chapters are back-story you will understand as the plot unfolds I promise.

Kelli

Summary: Rory grew up in Tree Hill, North Carolina with her dad and best friend Lucas Scott. And the rest of the Tree Hill gang.

Couples: Rory/Nathan but eventually Lucas/Rory Nathan/Haley

Lorelai Leigh Gilmore-Hayden or Rory Hayden as she was known was not your average girl. She was the granddaughter of Richard and Emily Gilmore and Straub and Francine Hayden. She came from the richest families in Hartford, Connecticut. But no one knew of her family history because she grew up away from society she was raised in Tree Hill, North Carolina with her father Christopher Hayden.

Her father and mother were high school sweethearts. They were the prince and princess of Hartford. Lorelai Gilmore and Christopher Hayden up until, at the age of sixteen years old, Lorelai got pregnant and then, nine months later Rory was born. But that wasn’t the worst of the scandal; Rory’s birth caused and that wasn’t the worst thing that happened. Three hours after her birth, her mother Lorelai Victoria Gilmore died of internal bleeding the doctors tried to stop it, but it was no use, she died with Christopher looking on in horror with their baby in his arms.

So with Christopher shut out of society along with both his and Lorelai’s parents’ back turned on him and his newborn daughter. He packed them up and moved them to Tree Hill, so at sixteen, he was a single father. Rory grew up being extremely close to her father and they basically grew up together.

Rory was best friends with Lucas Scott and they were the bookworms of Tree Hill along with another friend Haley James. Lucas' family history was about twisted as hers. He was the oldest son of Dan Scott, the Satan of Tree Hill and everyone knew he was evil Dan and his mother Karen were sweethearts of Tree Hill High just like hers were, but Karen got pregnant right out of high school right before Dan left for college. When she told him he just left her to deal on her own. Lucas had grown up with out Dan at all. Lucas also had a younger half brother Nathan Scott.

Dan had met another girl while a freshman named Debra Taylor, Deb for short and had gotten her pregnant as well, but he did not leave her like he did Karen. They ended up married and Nathan grew up a whole different way then Lucas did.

Rory, Haley, and Lucas bonded right away; when they meet the first day of kindergarten, they had met at playtime in the sandbox. Haley and Lucas had been playing alone and Rory had been playing by herself on the swings. Haley and Lucas had seen her fall off and came over to make sure she was okay and take her to the school nurse.

From that point on they were inseparable. It was always Lucas, Haley, and Rory, the triangle. They had each other's back for everything and anything. As they all went through school, they had the same classes and teachers. They were all so close in until they got to high school between the summer of freshman and sophomore year, Rory had gone through a transformation gone was the skinny tall gawky girl with big blue eyes. And in her place there was a beautiful girl with long brown hair and curves and Nathan Scott had finally noticed her. She had always had crush Nathan, but she had never said to Haley or Lucas because she knew how they felt about Nathan. Lucas and Nathan hated each other because Dan Scott had told Nathan a bunch of lies about him and his mother and Nathan believed them because he did not know any different.

Their relationship started off innocent enough Nathan had come into the tutoring center to get help with his algebra and Rory was assigned to be tutor; he knew who she was and she knew of him also. They would meet three times a week for a session. Then, after a while Nathan asked her over because of his math final and after the session as Rory was about to leave, Nathan kissed her and she kissed him back.

They kissed, but pulled back as soon as it happened in fear of what each other thought about what just happened. Rory just looked at him for a moment in shock just trying to process that she had just kissed Nathan Scott. He was her best friend’s brother, the one who was the forbidden to her. Nathan just looked at her trying to figure out where this left them. He really cared about her and he hoped she felt the same way. Nathan had to say something this silence was killing him.

"Rory, I’m sorry… I don’t know what came over me. You’re just so beautiful… I have had wanted to kiss you since we started these sessions.”

Rory was stunned but she finally got the words to form in her mind. “But, Nathan, we can’t be together, Lucas and Haley are my best friends."

"But, I want to be with you. I don’t care what Lucas and Haley will think about us… I think I’m falling in love with you, Rory."

What about Lucas and Haley? I feel… I feel as if I’m betraying them even tutoring you."

"Rory, please, please tell me there is a chance."

"Nathan, I just can’t. I’m sorry, I like you I do, but I can’t hurt my best friends."

“Okay. I understand, but can we at least be friends?"

"Nathan, I’m not even sure that’s a good idea."

"Can we at least try and see where that takes us?"

"We can try, but I make no promises.”

"Okay I can work with that, just know I do have feelings for you."

"I do too, but Nathan but we just can’t be together just yet."

With that Nathan leaned over and kissed her again. They for a while, but all the sudden Rory noticed what time it was and that she needed to head out.

"Nathan, I’ve gotta go, I’ll see you Wednesday."

"Okay, I’ll see you then."
With that said, Rory turned and headed home; even more confused than ever on her feelings and what to do.

Back