Where You Go When You’re Gone

lilspy

Cadet
Title: Where You Go When You’re Gone
Author: Lilspy
Summary: Not everyone is who they appear to be.
Disclaimer: I do not own Alias or any of its characters. I do, however, own my fan fictions and the non-Alias characters I create.
A/N: Thank you to all of the readers who have ever read any of my fanfics. This one if for you.

*In order for this story to make sense, Sydney never got pregnant and Vaughn is dead- you don‘t get shot point blank in the chest and live to tell the story.*

Prologue

~~~Sydney’s POV~~~
I sat on the edge of the king sized Serta mattress with one leg dangling over the side wearing a black Cami and blue jeans shorts over my plain black bikini, bare feet and a blonde wig.

The bed was covered with the blue comforter used to sleep under reflecting a deep, thoughtful blue, a contract to the pure mix of baby blue and aquamarine of the ocean below. Or at least from the view from here. The 2 open windows allowed the wind to blow past the silky off white curtains into the spacey room. Surrounding the bed on both sides closest to the wall were 2 wooden nightstands, each supporting a spray-painted, golden lamp. Opposite the bed was a mini entertainment center that encompassed a 32’ screen TV and a mini bar. Between the door and the bed was a mini bathroom with a convenient hair dryer and a holder for it as well. On the same wall as the door was an open closet filled with hangers, while 3 suitcases lay unopened on the ground. On the last wall, to the left of the entertainment center were 2 plush chairs in front of a lamp. On the side closet to the window lay a wooden teacher’s desk and a chair. In the far corner lay an unused wastebasket.

I typed away furiously on my black laptop, stopping only to glance out the window every now and then. Images flashed away on the screen and every once and awhile words and phrases would appear before me. At last a name emerged onto the screen.

Daniel Hefferman.

I typed a response into the computer and then shut it off. I closed it up, making sure to close it and replace it inside its traveling case before I placed in inside of a suitcase. I pulled out another suitcase. I pulled out its contents and spilled it into a black big purse. I pulled black flip flops out of a suitcase and slipped them on. Pocketing my keycard, I took up the bag and left the room. I remembered to keep my pace purposeful and even and swung my arms to match. I flashed a smile to a bashful bellboy who had been staring me down earlier. I turned down an elegant hallway, lined with paintings and fancy artifacts on mahogany tables along with a few scattered pamphlets and a glass candy jar filled with sweets. A brown Persian run adorned the ground while 2 crystal chandeliers decorated the ceiling. Pushing opening a glass door, I stepped outside and crossed the brick path to a small concrete building.

I overheard a party going on in a building in front of me. Through one of the windows I spotted an elderly guy sitting in a wheelchair. He had just finished getting a lap dance from a girl that could be no older than 17. The room was dark, lit up only by the strobe light and the bar inside. I smiled and walked away heading to another room inside of the hotel. When I entered I made a beeline path to the elevators. I pressed the button to the 3rd floor repeatedly. Eventually the doors closed and I felt the elevator take me up to where I needed to go. I glanced at the numbers on the doors and used a different keycard in my other pocket to open room 207. I closed the door and hurried over to the window, pulling out the objects from my purse. I assembled it quickly and with a quick afterthought, attached the silencer and a bipod to help take off some of the weight off my arms. I steadied the rifle and searched for the elderly man. He was still sitting in the same spot in the club, most likely enjoying the younger dancing couples. I held my breath and let it out slowly, taking in careful breaths. After a 3 second count I readied the rifle and slowly pulled on the trigger. After it was done I remained still for a second as I watched the slumped over man’s death continue to be ignored by the party-goers. Then- as if coming back to life, I hurried disassembled the weapon and threw it into my purse. I wiped off the are around me and used a tissue to open and close the door.

I steadied my breath as I headed back down the elevator. I cracked my neck, as the doors opened, heading back up to my room as if nothing had happened.

Once inside my room I pulled out, once again, the laptop from the closet and reconnected to the internet. I followed through with procedure and awaited the screen to show me what I wanted. I began typing with precision. A response came back shortly. Simple and meaningful.

Well Done

Just like before images flashed onto the screen along with occasional phrases and words. I disconnected to the internet and packed my bags. I pulled out my towel and decided that while I was here I might as well go for a swim.

---Hours Later---
I threw my suitcases into a cab and got into another for lack of space.

---The Next Day---

I woke up with a start and a pounding headache. I glanced at the ground. There lay one black suitcase overfull with clothes of all kind. I showered and changed before I packed up my belongings to head to the airport.

By the time I landed, I was glad to be home. I chuckled at this thought, there’s a first time for everything. I was met at the airport by a smiling Weiss.

“So,” he asked as we headed to pick up my bags. “how was your vacation?”

“It was …boring.” I laughed. “Simple, uneventful, normal. But I guess in our line of work anything else seems somber.”

He laughed at this. “So, I guess that means you’re coming back earlier than we predicted?”

“You could say that.” I responded.

A/N: Short, crappy, but I’m working on it. Please leave a comment and tell me what you thought of it.

Disclaimer: “Hello, everyone my name is Melissa and I’ve been in denial about owning Alias for a few years now.”

“Now don’t you feel better?”

“Not Really.”

A/N: Welcome back! Thanks for all the lovely comments! They keep me writing. Sorry for the late updat,e exams and studying for them kept me away.

Chapter 1~ Mr. And Mrs. Sadlefeld

~~~Weiss’s POV~~~
I listened to Sloane drone on about some guy getting shot yesterday when I noticed Sydney staring off into space.

“Syd. I whispered softly hoping to catch her attention. I tried a few more unsuccessful times before I decided to talk with her later.

“Besides the fact that this man had quite a lot of money, we see no reason as to why this man was murdered.” Dixon pointed out.

“There must be a reason. Otherwise, this is simply not our jurisdiction.” Jack insisted.

“The man was a 72 year-old with lung cancer and liver failure.” Dixon argued.

“All the more reason that his death was suspicious.” Jack continued.

“Shouldn’t we hear what Sloane knows, first? Before we jump to any conclusions?” Sydney asked, quietly. So quietly that her suggestion was almost missed.

“Sloane…” Jack began.

“Well, we don’t know much. In fact, we would not have even bothered with this except for one thing- the bullet. It is such an oddity. I thought perhaps it might have something to do with Rambaldi, but I cannot be sure. When I obtain more Intel, a plan can be put in order, until then, be on the lookout for anything suspicious.” he informed us.

“Suspicious like what?” I asked.

“Anything suspicious that seems like it could have a connection to do with Rambaldi. Not suspicious like some baseball player’s performance has wholly increased, possibly by the use of steroids.” he explained. “Not to mention, and I don’t say this often, but I have a hunch about this. I’m sending you guys there tonight to see what you can discover. Dismissed.”

I pushed in my seat quickly and hurried after Sydney, who had already left the room.

“Sydney!” I yelled to catch her attention.

“Weiss?” she asked, turning around and rubbing her face with her hands.

“Are you alright?”

“Yea, I fine.” she sighed.

I noticed slight bags underneath her eye and the look of stress on her face.

“Syd, this is me. How are you really doing?” I asked her again.

“It’s just the stress from being back so soon. From going from peaceful to…” she admitted, trailing off.

“Maybe you should talk to-” I began.

“I’m fine. I don’t want to talk to Dr. Barnett. I’ll deal with it. I always do.” To reassure me, she flashed me a smile.

“I guess I’m just being too protective. I’m sorry,” I gave her a tight hug and walked away.

“She’s lying…” I whispered to myself.

---Hours later in the vicinity of a port Fort Lauderdale, Florida----

~~~Sydney’s POV~~~

“His name was Daniel Hefferman. That has been confirmed. The basis of this mission is to see if we can talk to any of the people who were here last night and see if something slops out about it.” Dixon informed me.

“Are all of the guests here?” I questioned.

“No, some are being questioned by police.” He responded.

“What if those who are being questioned are told not to talk about. They might be extra careful. Not to mention that since it happened so recently it’ll be hard to snoop around.” I pointed out.

“Hard? These are average policemen, maybe a detective or two at most. Syd, they’ll be no problem at all. You know that.” Dixon looked at me funny.

“Oh. I thought they’d have more then that.” I lied.

I wasn’t sure if he bought my story or not. “You going to go look around and take discreet pictures of the scene with this so called ‘wedding ring.’ Then go ‘mingle’ with the guests. We’ll rendezvous back at 2200 hours in room 119 on the second floor. Here’s a key.” He handed a rather plain, white keycard which I immediately pocketed.

“What’s our cover?”

“Well, Mrs. Sadlefeld, we have been married for 3 years and have come here as a way to reconcile our marriage.” Dixon replied.

“Sadlefeld?” I asked, smiling. “Where’s your ring?”

“No worries. An unfaithful husband has a tendency not to wear one.” he smiled.

“See you at 10:00 honey.” I called, walking away.

~~~Unknown POV~~~
“I don’t remember much about last night. Well- the murder- I mean. I’m sorry. I was sleeping in my room. Late that night, though, the police knocked on my door to ask me some questions. I was in room 356, floor 4. My room is towards the front of the hotel, I’m sorry. I will contact you if- wait!” the women pulled closer toward me, whispered. “I remember her.”

I looked up and glanced at Sydney passing by.

“Thank you. Here’s my card. Feel free if you know anything else. Tell no one.” I whispered and walked away.

A/N:
So for the late update. I still think it’s felgercarb. I’ll try to make a better one later, but right now I should be studying for the massive exams I have. It might be awhile before the next update, I still have alot of exams left to take. I'll try to update a.s.a.p.

Disclaimer: It called “fan fiction” as in… fiction written by a fan. Common sense now.

A/N: Thanks for the reviews. This update is for you guys!

Previously on Where you Go When You’re Gone:

~~~Unknown POV~~~
“I don’t remember much about last night. Well- the murder- I mean. I’m sorry. I was sleeping in my room. Late that night, though, the police knocked on my door to ask me some questions. I was in room 356, floor 4. My room is towards the front of the hotel, I’m sorry. I will contact you if- wait!” the women pulled closer toward me, whispered. “I remember her.”

“Thank you. Here’s my card. Feel free if you know anything else. Tell no one.” I whispered and walked away.

Chapter 2~ Like Mother, Like Daughter

"Those who fail to learn history are doomed to repeat it; those who fail to learn history correctly -- why, they are simply doomed." -- Achem Dro'hm from Andromeda episode #103 , "To Loose the Fateful Lightning"

~~~Sark’s POV~~~
The elevator was almost the typical elevator, save for the set of doors on opposite sides of it. The sound of the elevator coming to a halt brought me out of my thoughts. I stepped forward, attempting to get off the elevator when a certain Sydney Bristow pushed me back inside as the doors closed.

“Miss Bristow,” I smirked. “If you wanted to get me alone, you could have just asked.”

She smiled sickly as she discreetly shoved a gun between us. She pulled my close as she whispered into my ear, “Let’s take a walk.”

I was going to make a witty remark but thought better of it with one glance at her expression.

She linked an arm through mine as we walked out of the elevator smiling.

“Don’t draw attention.” she ordered through gritted teeth.

“You’re pretty bossy for someone who wants my help.” I smiled.

“You’re a business man,” she started. After a pause I realized that she was waiting for my confirmation as she pulled me out onto the deserted pool deck

“That’s right.” I agreed.

“What if,” she began, taking off her jacket and putting it on a pool chair. “what if I could guarantee you the opportunity of a lifetime?”

“I’d ask what the catch was?” I responded, continuing to stand after Sydney sat down.

“All you have to do is give me,” she paused, standing up before she pulled off her shirt, revealing a black bathing suit top with red flowers decorating it underneath. “some teeny, teeny, teeny, teeny weenie piece of information. You think you could do that for me? Could you be my little helper and assist me with this problem?”

I watched her peel off her pants to reveal the matching bottoms. I then observed her nonchalantly throw both sets of items onto her chair along with her scrunchy.

“Now, Sark,” she began slowly, leaning in with her hand on my cheek. “I want you to think long and hard about this offer. And when your ready to take the plunge into greatness. Come find me.” She threw me a twisted smirk before she dove into the deep end with a modified jackknife dive.

I stood there for a moment before I mentally reminded myself to get my bearing. I glanced once more at Sydney’s submerged figure before I headed back inside realized that I had been manipulated. Not only that, but after realizing this, I came to another conclusion. I was still going to do her that favor. And if need be, I would just have to tell myself I was doing it out of curiosity.

Just like her mother….

~~~Dixon’s POV~~~
I groaned in frustration. Despite my best effort, no one claimed to have remembered or seen anything.

“But didn’t you come here with someone?” a woman asked.

“Just a friend.” I reassured her. “Now tell me about--”

“I don’t think so. She had a ring on her finger.”

“So she’s married. I’m not with her. And that’s not a crime.” I reassured her by showing her my ring-less finger.

“You pig!” she yelled, slapping my cheek.

I walked away, grumpily, rubbing my cheek. So far I had tried, directly asking people questions, getting them drunk, attempting to seduce them, bribing them and countless others, but I had yet to succeed.

“I wonder how Sydney’s doing.”

~~~Sydney’s POV~~~
I stretched contently after finishing my 10th lap in the pool. Swimming really was the best exercise. It used so many of your muscles at the same time. I needed something to take my mind of what had been bugging me all day. I reminded myself that I should take a pill that I had in my bag if I was feeling this way. A little pick me up pill that stayed with all its brothers and sisters in an unmarked prescription container hidden in the middle of all my things.

~~~Weiss’s POV~~~
I typed a message into my newly purchased PDA.

“Seriously Marshall, these things are the greatest.” I spoke aloud.

“Well, actually they’re not-” Marshall began.

“It’s okay, let me enjoy my idiot-proof piece of technology. It works for me. It was built for me. And frankly, there is nothing that you can say to convince me otherwise. Where were we?” I continued.

“Well, we were talking about the mission and how peculiar it is. Something tells me we’re not dealing with anything average or the usual circumstances that we normally encounter. I mean, take for instance this Z53-” He explained.

“Eh! Marshall. That’s okay. Ignorance is bliss. Thank you. Next time, I think I’ll just call Syd or Dixon and find out what’s going on.” I smiled.

“Speaking of, next time that you get in contact with them, will you make sure to remind them to send me copies of fragment of the bullet. Not that that’s al that you’re good for. Although, it would still be amazing if it were. Though you’re not. You’re amazing. You’re an amazing-”

I gave Marshall a look which suggested that he be quit while he was ahead.

~~~Sydney’s POV~~~
I dried off with a towel in a closet near the pool before heading back up to my room with my clothes in hand.

I whispered into Dixon’s ear. “Don’t worry about it, instead of arousing more suspicion, I’ll simply get the information from Sark.”

“How are you going to do that?” Dixon questioned me.

“By going back to the basics. Trust me on this.” I murmured.

~~~Weiss’s POV~~~
I glanced at Marshall briefly, at the honest face, and wondered if I should tell him about my suspicions about Sydney.

A/N: It was felgercarb, but at least there’s finally an update and you guys know I’m alive. Trust me, I know where I’m going with this. (For Once). Leave me a comment and tell me what you thought of it, plz!

Disclaimer: 4 sections in, and Alias still does not belong to me. I guess that means that it never will.

A/N: Thanks for all the great reviews. You guys keep me writing.

Previously on Where You Go When You’re Gone” :

~~~Sydney’s POV~~~
I held my breath and let it out slowly, taking in careful breaths. After a 3 second count I readied the rifle and slowly pulled on the trigger. After it was done I remained still for a second as I watched the slumped over man’s death continue to be ignored by the party-goers. Then- as if coming back to life, I hurriedly disassembled the weapon and threw it into my purse. I wiped off the area around me and used a tissue to open and close the door.
…..
~~~Weiss’s POV~~~

“Shouldn’t we hear what Sloane knows, first? Before we jump to any conclusions?” Sydney asked, quietly. So quietly that her suggestion was almost missed.

“Sloane…” Jack began.

“Well, we don’t know much. In fact, we would not have even bothered with this except for one thing- the bullet. It is such an oddity. I thought perhaps it might have something to do with Rambaldi, but I cannot be sure. When I obtain more Intel, a plan can be put in order, until then, be on the lookout for anything suspicious.” he informed us.
….
~~~Weiss’s POV~~~
“I guess I’m just being too protective. I’m sorry,” I gave her a tight hug and walked away.

~~~Unknown POV~~~

~~~Sark’s POV~~~
“All you have to do is give me,” she paused, standing up before she pulled off her shirt, revealing a black bathing suit top with red flowers decorating it underneath. “some teeny, teeny, teeny, teeny weenie piece of information. You think you could do that for me? Could you be my little helper and assist me with this problem?”

I watched her peel off her pants to reveal the matching bottoms. I then observed her nonchalantly throw both sets of items onto her chair along with her scrunchie.

“Now, Sark,” she began slowly, leaning in with her hand on my cheek. “I want you to think long and hard about this offer. And when your ready to take the plunge into greatness. Come find me.” She threw me a twisted smirk before she dove into the deep end with a modified jackknife dive.

I stood there for a moment before I mentally reminded myself to get my bearing. I glanced once more at Sydney’s submerged figure before I headed back inside realized that I had been manipulated. Not only that, but after realizing this, I came to another conclusion. I was still going to do her that favor. And if need be, I would just have to tell myself I was doing it out of curiosity.

~~~Sydney’s POV~~~
I whispered into Dixon’s ear. “Don’t worry about it, instead of arousing more suspicion, I’ll simply get the information from Sark.”

…..

~~~Weiss’s POV~~~
I glanced at Marshall briefly, at the honest face, and wondered if I should tell him about my suspicions about Sydney.

Chapter 3~ Deceit and Revelation, Revelation and Deceit

Magog (to Patriarch): “Your superior race? We ate them.” ---Andromeda

~~~Sydney’s POV~~~
I slipped into blue baggy pajama pants and a white tank top before I headed over to my suitcases. This hotel room was more or less the same room that I had been in only the night before. Except that it was more simple and not as peaceful. My hair was still wet from the pool, so I had to be careful not to wet down any of my things. I threw the clothes out of one of the suitcases and pulled out a box of tampons wrapped in a t-shirt. After doing this, I reached inside and pulled out an unmarked bottle of pills. I took the container to the bathroom where I proceeded to fill up a cup with water. I placed the pill in the back of my throat and washed it down, easily, with some water. I immediately, hurried back to the suitcase where I capped the bottle and hid it back in it’s hiding place.

Just as I was pushing the suitcase back into the closet I heard brief, succinct knocking.

“Who is it?” I asked, walking the brief distance to the door. When no one answered, I peered through the peephole only to find that there was no one at my doorstep. Angry, I had just started to walk away when a piece of paper was pushed underneath my door. The sound of the friction between the paper and the carpet alerted me to its presence.

On the paper was a pithy note:

“We need to talk.

-Sark”​

I read the note and crumpled it up before I sent it flying into the trashcan. I could feel the edges of my vision become slightly blurred as I let out brief giggle. The medicine was beginning to take effect. I lay down in my bed, in some semblance of the fetal position.

~~~Unknown POV~~~
“Sir, sir!” A man yelled, running into my office. He was wearing jeans and a plain white t-shirt accompanied by Nike sneakers and stood out from my classic black business suit.

“What is it?” I asked, typing a report on my computer. “It better be good. You know I can‘t risk you blowing my cover by running in, looking like that.”

“Well, it is important, but good, not so much.” The man began, trembling.

I gave a nervous chuckle, readjusting my tie. The tie lay awkwardly over my corpulent stomach. “Whatever happened better be able to be mended. You know how I hate bad news. But, I guess I can handle it, seeing as how successful agent Bristow’s mission was.”

I shot a brief glance at the man who was now averting my gaze and unconsciously rubbing the back of his neck.

“Something you want to tell me?” I asked standing up and running a hand through my balding raven hair.

“I don’t… nor would I ever want to tell you.” he began, moving his hand in an awkward fashion as he spoke. “But…there were some complications.”

“Speak up, Stewart. I can’t hear you. Now, I may be an aging man, but my hearing is perfectly fine. Please speak in a normal tone, so that I can fully appreciate what it is that you are saying.”

“There were….” He glanced uneasily at the black glock that I was now fingering in my hands. “Do you have to hold that while I’m talking?”

“Is there a problem Stewart?” I asked. “While you’re busy stumbling along attempting to tell me what is wrong, I thought I could check my gun for any defects. Do you see any problem with killing two birds with one stone? Do you?”

After a pregnant pause, I spoke again. “Now, please, continue.”

“There were some complications.” He admitted.

“Some complications?” I repeated with a hint of anger. “Like what?”

“Like the CIA,” he began.

~~~Sark’s POV~~~
I opened the door slowly, making sure not to make a sound. I replaced it, quickly and continued walking. A brief survey of the area, told me that it was, for the most part, still undisturbed. I pulled out a can and began to spray the room, in hopes of finding something. Success, however, would not be mine tonight. The area had been wiped clean, and no one, not even the detectives were going to find anything. I was glancing out of the window, when I heard the door open.

~~~Weiss’s POV~~~
I glanced once again at Marshall and thought better of it. There is some kind of explanation. Syd deserve better than this. In the morning, I promised myself, I would call her and demand one… in person.

***The Next Day***

~~~Sydney’s POV~~~
I sighed contently as I got up from the bed. Sleep always accentuated the best effects of the medicine. I chastised myself for not checking my computer. They needed to know. I had pulled out my computer and logged on as I heard staccato knocking on my door.

“Coming,” I yelled, pulling on a robe. Throwing open the door, I came face to face with an unexpected visitor. “What are you doing here?”

“Syd!” Weiss cried, enclosing me in a big hug. “It’s been what, like a day? Too long, too long.”

“You know I can’t stay away from you for that long!” I laughed. “What the hell is wrong with me? Where are my manners? Come in, please.”

“I think I like standing in the hallway better than sitting on a comfortable bed.” he joked, closing the door behind him.

“I don’t have much here,” I explained, “but we could order room service. I haven’t had anything to eat yet.”

“You know what I could really go for? Eggs, bacon, toast, that kind of thing.” He told me.

“Coming right up.” I grabbed the hotel room phone and dialed up room service.

~~~Weiss’s POV~~~
I glanced nervously back at Sydney as she talked on the phone. I glanced at her laptop, which had been left forgotten on her bed. I knew that with her spy skills and common sense, that I would not have enough time to search it while she was on the phone.

“It’ll be ready in 30 minutes. I’m gonna go pick it up because I also need to stop by Dixon’s room, see if he acquired any more information last night.” She spoke in a apologetic tone.

So, what you’re really saying is that you don’t want to be in the same room as me, so you’re running away.” I joked.

“That’s not what I meant!” she cried, throwing a light punch on my arm.

Unfortunately, this was Sydney Bristow. Which meant that her “light punch” was going to leave a bruise. I could feel it.

“I don’t know how long the conversation’s gonna take. Unless you wanna come,” she offered.

“No thanks,” I reached for the remote. “I think I’m just gonna stay here and enjoy some all-expense paid television.”

“Porno?” she laughed.

“No one needs to be bothered with specifics.” I laughed as she headed to the closet. I watched as she pulled out some jeans, a short-sleeved red shirt, bra, and panties. With a soft click the bathroom door closed and shortly after, I heard the water turn on.

I counted to three silently before I reached for her laptop. You can do this Weiss. Just breathe.

I had just moved to open it when I realized that she might hear the keys as I typed on her computer. “Syd”

“Yes,” she called from the shower.

“I just got a call, Sloane wants me to type up a preliminary report and send it to him. Can I use your laptop?” I asked her.

“I didn’t hear the phone go off.” she pointed out.

“It was on vibrate.” I lied.

“Okay, go ahead.” she granted me permission.

“Thanks, you know just for that, I’ll save you the embarrassment of explaining porn on your bill.” I yelled.

“Thanks for being so considerate.” she laughed.

Immediately, I went to work. I opened up her history folder. There was a coded file that I assumed was for reports. However, when I clicked on it, it was password protected. Since I was no Marshall, and I had a limited amount of time, I moved on to another file.

After a few minutes of no success, I stopped and thought for awhile. I whispered to myself, “Where would I put it?”

I glanced at her screen in time to see her screensaver, a quote appear on the screen:

“well behaved women
rarely make history..”
- Marilyn Monroe

I chuckled lightly as I moved the mouse to rid the screen of it. I let out a frustrated sigh, attempting to think about what Marshall would suggest if he were here. Suddenly it hit him.

I moved the mouse to find a wireless internet connection. When I was on, I right clicked on Internet Explorer before I clicked onto internet properties. Glancing at the page in front of me, I thought for a moment. I read the information regarding the temporary internet files and history. I double-clicked on the Internet Explorer Icon as I waited for her Home Page to load. An odd-looking Yahoo page loaded. Stealing a look towards the bathroom, I clicked on the history-icon, the clock. I was immediately give a choice of several days, but when I clicked on today, it only showed the Yahoo page. She might not have logged on today. I thought logically. Thinking logically, I clicked on 2 days ago. I read the names of the web addresses as they scrolled by. Yahoo, AOL, a front for the CIA, Board of Education, and many more like those. However, there was one that stood out- www.thestablishment.org. I immediately typed in this one and waited for it to load. However, when it finally did I found out that that Web page either did not exist or that I need to change my browser settings to view it. I clicked back on the history icon and made sure I typed it in correctly. However, I got the same response. Maybe I was wrong about her this whole time. I reasoned. I shut the laptop just in time to see Sydney walk out of the bathroom, fully dressed.

“Finished with your report so soon?” she asked.

“It’s only a preliminary one.” I explained.

She gave me a look before she shook it off. “Sure you don’t want to come?” she asked.

I pointed to the T.V.

“Right.” she smiled, heading towards the door, her keycard in her pocket.

“Don’t eat without me!” I yelled behind her.

When the door closed, I flipped through the channels until I found what I was looking for. Charlie’s Angels.
*Last Night*
~~~Sark’s POV~~~
I quickly hid while I watched the detective scan the room for an evidence of disturbance. Not that there was much to disturb in the first place. With 3 quick moves, I pulled out my gun, aimed, and shot.. A tranquilizer dart into the detective. It would do no good to arouse unneeded suspicion. Especially when I didn’t have all the pieces of the puzzle yet.

Using gloves, I pulled out the dart, not worrying about concealing it’s entry point. The needle of the was as tiny as the wound of a blue ringed octopus. No wound would be visible.

I took one last look at him as I exited the room, quietly. I hurried into the elevator before I pressed a button that would take me to the 2nd floor. Immediately, the annoying elevator music chimed in. Not too soon, the doors finally opened and I had to force myself from running out of that prison cell. I used my key card to access my room, room 127. And there she was… in jean shorts and a dangerously red tank top that she filled out nicely with legs that went on for miles and a beautiful tan that accented her brunette hair.

“Hello Sark,” she greeted, sitting casually at my desk.

“Hello Vanessa.” I greeted, closing the door.

A/N: Comments? I’m gonna steal and line from Marshall and say, uh “Hi. Welcome. Don't kill me.” Leave a review and I’ll update faster.

Disclaimer: Yeppers, alias is not mine. Point blank.
A/N: Sorry, I forgot to leave the spoiler. Work got in the way. As Marshall once said, “Hi. Welcome. Don't kill me.”

..Sorry to disappoint you guys, but Vanessa is not Sark’s sister.

previously on Where You Gone When You’re Gone

I held my breath and let it out slowly, taking in careful breaths. After a 3 second count I readied the rifle and slowly pulled on the trigger. After it was done I remained still for a second as I watched the slumped over man’s death continue to be ignored by the party-goers. Then- as if coming back to life, I hurriedly disassembled the weapon and threw it into my purse. I wiped off the area around me and used a tissue to open and close the door.
…..
~~~Weiss’s POV~~~

“Sloane…” Jack began.

….
~~~Weiss’s POV~~~

~~~Unknown POV~~~

~~~Sark’s POV~~~

I watched her peel off her pants to reveal the matching bottoms. I then observed her nonchalantly throw both sets of items onto her chair along with her scrunchie.

~~~Sydney’s POV~~~

…..

~~~Sydney’s POV~~~
On the paper was a pithy note:

“We need to talk.

-Sark”
…..
~~~Unknown POV~~~
“Sir, sir!” A man yelled, running into my office. He was wearing jeans and a plain white t-shirt accompanied by Nike sneakers and stood out from my classic black business suit.

“What is it?” I asked, typing a report on my computer. “It better be good. You know I can‘t risk you blowing my cover by running in, looking like that.

“Well, it is important, but good, not so much.” The man began, trembling.

I gave a nervous chuckle, readjusting my tie. The tie lay awkwardly over my corpulent stomach. “Whatever happened better be able to be mended. You know how I hate bad news. But, I guess I can handle it, seeing as how successful agent Bristow’s mission was.”

I shot a brief glance at the man who was now averting my gaze and unconsciously rubbing the back of his neck.

“Something you want to tell me?” I asked standing up and running a hand through my balding raven hair.

“I don’t… nor would I ever want to tell you.” he began, moving his hand in an awkward fashion as he spoke. “But…there were some complications.”

“Speak up, Stewart. I can’t hear you. Now, I may be an aging man, but my hearing is perfectly fine. Please speak in a normal tone, so that I can fully appreciate what it is that you are saying.”

“There were….” He glanced uneasily at the black glock that I was now fingering in my hands. “Do you have to hold that while I’m talking?”

“Is there a problem Stewart?” I asked. “While you’re busy stumbling along attempting to tell me what is wrong, I thought I could check my gun for any defects. Do you see any problem with killing two birds with one stone? Do you?”

After a pregnant pause, I spoke again. “Now, please, continue.”

“There were some complications.” He admitted.

“Some complications?” I repeated with a hint of anger. “Like what?”

“Like the CIA,” he began.

~~~Sydney’s POV~~~
I sighed contently as I got up from the bed. Sleep always accentuated the best effects of the medicine. I chastised myself for not checking my computer. They needed to know. I had pulled out my computer and logged on as I heard staccato knocking on my door.

“Coming,” I yelled, pulling on a robe. Throwing open the door, I came face to face with an unexpected visitor. “What are you doing here?”

“Syd!” Weiss cried, enclosing me in a big hug. “It’s been what, like a day? Too long, too long.”

~~~Weiss’s POV~~~
I counted to three silently before I reached for her laptop. You can do this Weiss. Just breathe.

I had just moved to open it when I realized that she might hear the keys as I typed on her computer. “Syd”

“Yes,” she called from the shower.

“I just got a call, Sloane wants me to type up a preliminary report and send it to him. Can I use your laptop?” I asked her.

“I didn’t hear the phone go off.” she pointed out.

“It was on vibrate.” I lied.

~~~Weiss’s POV~~~
I moved the mouse to find a wireless internet connection. When I was on, I right clicked on Internet Explorer before I clicked onto internet properties. Glancing at the page in front of me, I thought for a moment. I read the information regarding the temporary internet files and history. I double-clicked on the Internet Explorer Icon as I waited for her Home Page to load. An odd-looking Yahoo page loaded. Stealing a look towards the bathroom, I clicked on the history-icon, the clock. I was immediately give a choice of several days, but when I clicked on today, it only showed the Yahoo page. She might not have logged on today. I thought logically. Thinking rationally, I clicked on 2 days ago. I read the names of the web addresses as they scrolled by. Yahoo, AOL, a front for the CIA, Board of Education, and many more like those. However, there was one that stood out- www.thestablishment.org. I immediately typed in this one and waited for it to load. However, when it finally did I found out that that Web page either did not exist or that I need to change my browser settings to view it. I clicked back on the history icon and made sure I typed it in correctly. However, I got the same response. Maybe I was wrong about her this whole time. I reasoned. I shut the laptop just in time to see Sydney walk out of the bathroom, fully dressed.

“Finished with your report so soon?” she asked.

“It’s only a preliminary one.” I explained.

She gave me a look before she shook it off. “Sure you don’t want to come?” she asked.

I pointed to the T.V.

*Last Night*
~~~Sark’s POV~~~
I quickly hid while I watched the detective scan the room for an evidence of disturbance. Not that there was much to disturb in the first place. With 3 quick moves, I pulled out my gun, aimed, and shot... a tranquilizer dart into the detective. It would do no good to arouse unneeded suspicion. Especially when I didn’t have all the pieces of the puzzle yet.

Using gloves, I pulled out the dart, not worrying about concealing it’s entry point. The needle of the was as tiny as the wound of a blue-ringed octopus. No wound would be visible.

I took one last look at him as I exited the room, quietly. I hurried into the elevator before I pressed a button that would take me to the 2nd floor. Immediately, the annoying elevator music chimed in. Not too soon, the doors finally opened and I had to force myself from running out of that prison cell. I used my key card to access my room, room 127. And there she was… in jean shorts and a dangerously red tank top that she filled out nicely with legs that went on for miles and a beautiful tan that accented her brunette hair.

“Hello Sark,” she greeted, sitting casually at my desk.

“Hello Vanessa.” I greeted, closing the door.

Chapter 4- Ruthie Jalon

~~~Vanessa’s POV~~~

*Last Night*

“So, I see you’re still making your living fulfilling other people’s wet dreams.” I stretched.

“What are you doing here?” he questioned, peeling off his shirt.

“The same as you, more or less. Except,” I stared at him, getting off the chair to climb up on the bed. “I don’t have some twisted delusion of running off in the sunset with someone. You see, you are I are two of a kind. The sooner you realize that, the happier off you’ll be. The more you’ll enjoy life.”

I heard the door to the bathroom close and soon after the shower had started.

Half an hour later, Sark exited the bathroom, in his pajamas- blue boxers and a white shirt.

“What the hell are you doing?” he questioned me full of anger.

“Oh, I’m sorry,” I began with mock remorse, “did I offend you earlier with the harsh reality?”

He chose not to honor my jab with a response.

“The sooner you clear your head; get those ideas out of there, the sooner you’ll see yourself for what every woman, for what Sydney Bristow sees you as. Even if, by some idiotic chance, she goes to bed every night dreaming of you, even if she screams your name while another man fucks her; you’ll never be what she wants- a good man to bring home to her family and friends. The most you could ever hope for is what you are currently seen as in everyone’s eyes. A good frack. Lauren never loved you, Anna never loved you and Sydney will never love you. End. Of. Story. Two peas in a pod.” I turned away from him then in an attempt to hide the tears threatening to spill over. “Good frackin night. Thanks for taking the floor.”

***Today***

~~~Sydney’s POV~~~
I grabbed the two plates full of food and headed towards the elevator with the smell of the food wafting into my nostrils. Dixon didn’t have anything else. The detectives had nearly nothing as well. I couldn’t remember a lot from last night; a side effect of the medicine. However, today, my brain was working like a finely tuned violin; a benefit of the medicine. Today, I could perfect my movements with mechanical proficiency. I could defer my better judgment to get something done. If I wanted to, today I could walk on one of the points on the crown of the Statue of Liberty. The sound of the doors opening, pulled me out of my thoughts as I headed back to my room. I went back over today in my mind. Weiss had showed up, acting just like himself. But, thanks to the medicine, I could detect a hint of stress and fear in his voice. But why? He is not really a part of this investigation and… I thought about it. And he’s been acting suspiciously since the incident. He knows… or is at least suspicious of it. Suddenly, I remembered something. The laptop! He was on my laptop! It was this thought alone that caused my increase in my pace.

“Weiss!” I called from behind the door. When he didn’t answer, I knocked on the door with my foot. “Weiss!”

3 seconds later the door was opened and I was walking back into my room.

“Geez, could something so ordinary look so amazing?” Weiss asked, digging into his breakfast.

“I’ll save mine for a little later,” I informed him. “I’ve got to check my mail.”

“You have no clue what you’re missing out on.” He called, savoring the taste of the food while I typed something on my computer.

I clicked typed in the address www.thestablishment.org. I typed a response on my computer when the “Page Cannot Be Found” appeared on my screen before I pulled out a blank white card with a black strip on the back, similar to a driver’s license. This card was used to run along a crease between the keys. Once this was done I clicked on a specific spot on the screen and typed in a response. The screen immediately went white before words appeared on it.

Welcome back, Sydney.

I immediately typed in a reply.

After a minute the words had been replaced with new ones. Two words that instilled fear in my heart.

You failed.

I exited out of the page and closed my laptop, hurriedly. “frack” I whispered, underneath my breath. My eyes took me Sark’s crumpled note in the trash.

“What was that?” Weiss asked, giving my a curious glance.

“The internet. It’s so frackin slow. Listen, I’ll be back. I, I forgot something.” I lied. “I will be right back.”

I exited the room as calmly as possible. What that frack happened? How could they know? How could they not know, Sydney. You’re so frackin stupid.

I needed a walk to clear my head. You idiot, I mentally chastised myself, You should have told them that you had it under control or something. Now it’s too late! frackin moron!

I continued walking, grabbing my hair with a frustrated sigh. 13 annoyed jabs at the elevator button was all it took to hear the nice ding that indicated the elevator had arrived.

I watched the doors close, thinking about how it resembled my life.

“Plan on making this a habit. Or is this our new clandestine meeting spot?” a voice piped up.

“What do you want?” I groaned, turning around to face him. One glance at him changed my current emotional state to that of confusion. His usual seamless attire had been tainted by the wrinkles, slack tie, and an un-tucked shirt.

“I wondered when you were going to get back to me.” He spoke up, cutting off any idea to respond to the state of his current appearance. With quick graceful moves, he moved forward to press the button of a floor. “Follow me.”

The doors crept open, allowing Sark enough room to escape. I hurried after him, glancing left and right, making sure it was clear. Within minutes we were inside of a hotel room. This room had no window. It had a bathroom, a bed, a lamp, phone, a TV and VCR and 2 nightstands. I waited for his all clear as Sark disabled all potential bugs.

“I talk, you listen.” he pointed, “when I ask you questions, you answer them. Any questions? Didn’t think so. It seems that at least one guest at the hotel remembers seeing you here the night of the murder- only you… were alone. So, I checked the records. Obviously, no Sydney Bristow ever checked in here. You’re not that dim. Ruthie Jalon, however, did check in. Really, Miss Bristow, Ruthie Jalon? Anybody with half a brain cell will realize what Ruthie Jalon is- Julia Thorne scrambled up. Also, I must applaud the big sunglasses and wide-brimmed hat and red hair that you wore when you first checked in. You see, Ruthie, after not only hearing the guest confess to remembering you, and checking the records, I inspected the footage around the approximate time of the murder. Come take a look at it with me, will you?”

I sat on the bed and awaited the recording. We both watched as I got onto an elevator and rode it. Shortly after, I got off on my floor and walked away.

‘Stop’ briefly appeared on the screen.

“So, let’s say this “Ruthie” person was here.” I began, refusing to acknowledge that it was me. “What’s wrong with a guest using the elevator?”

“I didn’t think much of it at first. But then I noticed something the second time I watched it.” He explained as he rewound the tape. This time I noticed the white lines that appeared across the screen, resembling the lines that appeared when your VCR needed to be cleaned. “Technical error? Or did someone alter the tape? I watched the tape again. This time I noticed something else.”

I watched the tape rewind and show me standing in the machine, awaiting the arrival to my desired floor.

“In these first few seconds, look at the button for the floor that is pressed. The 3rd floor. Now look, what should be no more than a few second later. 2nd floor. What happened. According to all the other tapes, no one called for the elevator on any of the floors. The lights do not disappear until you have reached the floor.” He pointed out.

“I guess you killed 2 birds with one stone.” I spoke quietly. “You told me what you knew about this situation and we had the discussion you wanted to have. And now that that’s done, I’ll be going…”

“I don’t think so.” Sark jumped up, blocking my only escape.

“Only 1 escape, isn’t that a fire hazard?” I thought, aloud.

“What a shame.” Sark smirked. “It’s also a pity that I can’t afford to let you leave until you tell me what’s really going on.”

~~~Weiss’s POV~~~
I set down the now empty plate and glanced at the door once more before I hurried over to the computer. You know what you have to do

I found an internet connection and immediately clicked onto Internet Explorer shortly prior to logging onto my email account. You can do this. I egged myself on. You need to do this. I typed in an address in the ‘To’ section and began typing in a message.

Suspicious activity noted in Agent Sydney Bristow. Request covert investigation.

My fingers trembled as I hit the send button and began erasing all evidence of my activity on her laptop.

A/N: Questions? Comments? Please leave a reply telling me what you think. They’ll be a great thing to come back to when I get back from vacation. When I get back (6/30-7/15) in the country I will attempt to update a.s.a.p. Thanks!

Hello.

I just read your story.

I like it alot!

When you update again once you've gotten back from your vacation, could I get a PM?

Thank you.

Toodles.

Disclaimer: Once again, I do not own Alias. Point blank.
A/N: This chapter is a little bit long. I hope you like.

Previously on Where You Go When You’re Gone:

~~~Vanessa’s POV~~~
“What the hell are you doing?” he questioned me, full of anger.

“Oh, I’m sorry,” I began with mock remorse, “did I offend you earlier with the harsh reality?”

He chose not to honor my jab with a response.

“The sooner you clear your head; get those ideas out of there, the sooner you’ll see yourself for what every woman, for what Sydney Bristow sees you as. Even if, by some idiotic chance, she goes to bed every night dreaming of you, even if she screams your name while another man fucks her; you’ll never be what she wants- a good man to bring home to her family and friends. The most you could ever hope for is what you are currently seen as in everyone’s eyes. A good frack. Lauren never loved you, Anna never loved you and Sydney will never love you. End. Of. Story. Two peas in a pod.” I turned away from him then in an attempt to hide the tears threatening to spill over. “Good frackin night. Thanks for taking the floor.”
….

~~~Sydney’s POV~~~
Welcome back, Sydney.

I immediately typed in a reply.

After a minute the words had been replaced with new ones. Two words that instilled fear in my heart.

You failed.

I exited out of the page and closed my laptop, hurriedly. “frack” I whispered, underneath my breath. My eyes took me Sark’s crumpled note in the trash.

“What was that?” Weiss asked, giving my a curious glance.

“The internet. It’s so frackin slow. Listen, I’ll be back. I, I forgot something.” I lied. “I will be right back.”

~~~Sydney’s POV~~~
I continued walking, grabbing my hair with a frustrated sigh. 13 annoyed jabs at the elevator button was all it took to hear the nice ding that indicated the elevator had arrived.

I watched the doors close, thinking about how it resembled my life.

“Plan on making this a habit. Or is this our new clandestine meeting spot?” a voice piped up.

“What do you want?” I groaned, turning around to face him. One glance at him changed my current emotional state to that of confusion. His usual seamless attire had been tainted by the wrinkles, slack tie, and an un-tucked shirt.

“I wondered when you were going to get back to me.” He spoke up, cutting off any idea to respond to the state of his current appearance. With quick graceful moves, he moved forward to press the button of a floor. “Follow me.”
….

~~~Sydney’s POV~~~
“In these first few seconds, look at the button for the floor that is pressed. The 3rd floor. Now look, what should be no more than a few seconds later. 2nd floor. What happened. According to all the other tapes, no one called for the elevator on any of the floors. The lights do not disappear until you have reached the floor.” He pointed out.

“I guess you killed 2 birds with one stone.” I spoke quietly. “You told me what you knew about this situation and we had the discussion you wanted to have. And now that that’s done, I’ll be going…”

“I don’t think so.” Sark jumped up, blocking my only escape.

“Only 1 escape, isn’t that a fire hazard?” I thought, aloud.

“What a shame.” Sark smirked. “It’s also a pity that I can’t afford to let you leave until you tell me what’s really going on.”
….

~~~Weiss’s POV~~~
I found an internet connection and immediately clicked onto Internet Explorer shortly prior to logging onto my email account. You can do this. I egged myself on. You need to do this. I typed in an address in the ‘To’ section and began typing in a message.

Suspicious activity noted in Agent Sydney Bristow. Request covert investigation.

My fingers trembled as I hit the send button and began erasing all evidence of my activity on her laptop.

Chapter 5~Suspicious Activity​

~~~Sark’s POV~~~

I watched as Sydney briefly considered her options. I knew that she not only had a decent chance at beating me in hand-to-hand combat, but that she knew this as well.

“Start to get too close to the truth and an “accident” is bound to happen to you.” She warned me.

“An accident?” I repeated.

“This doesn’t concern you.” She attempted to push past me.

“I’ll be the judge of that.” I persisted.

“And if you aren’t fortunate enough to get a douse of common sense soon, that accident,” she lowered her voice. “might just rear its head sooner rather than later.”

I grabbed a hold of her shoulders and roughly pulled her closer to me height. “What is this about?”

“There will be no more warnings.” She shrugged out of my grip and walked out of the room.

I hurried over to the nightstand where, from a drawer, I activated the listening and tracking device that I had just planted on her. With that done, I whipped out my phone and hurriedly punched in a number.

“Yes, Irina, I’m requesting use of your resources. For what? An inquiry on Sydney.” I spoke into the phone. “Yes, whatever’s going on has got her afraid and she sloppily covering her tracks. Yes it does have to do with Rambaldi, at least that’s what this scenario’s pointing to given the bullet used. I’ll keep you informed. Thank you.”

~~~Unknown POV~~~

“Yes, make sure they’re ready to departure in 15 minutes. I know the plane will not leave for an hour but I will not tolerate anything going wrong with this assignment. It is vital. Do you understand me? Vital.” I slammed the phone down onto its receiver. I was staring into the bathroom mirror in one of my numerous safe houses.

With one glance at my balding raven hair, I began to grasp at the strands of my hair and the scalp surrounding it. I winced as I began to pull up the scalp until it came completely off. I rested the hair piece down on the sink before I messages the scalp cap covering my real hair. I decided to go with a fading strawberry colored hair piece with a few hints of gray in it. The hair length on it was a decent amount that hugged my head in a delicate manner that made me appear younger and more innocent. With a special brush I began coloring in my eyebrows to match the color of my hair. I did not forget to lighten my skin color. I dabbed on a ridiculously light face powder which, after numerous layers had been applied, made me look slightly tanner than an albino. One glance at the noses that had been crafted for me by an anonymous makeup artist was enough to decide on a fat and stubby one with a slight bend in it. I attached it to my face just as I had done numerous times before I also powered it to match that of the rest of my face. Save for my forehead, at least. On most people who didn’t wear makeup and went outside often, their foreheads tended to be slightly darker. In my mouth, afterwards, I pushed on a set a slightly crooked teeth. The teeth slipped on just like a set of Invisoline would. With the addition of green contacts and a few face freckles, my face was complete. That done, I could move on to the rest of my body.

Unbuttoning my shirt, I pulled out layers of cotton that had recently been my gargantuan stomach. By peeling of ¾ of the layers I strapped it back onto myself so that I looked like a man who was not fat, merely a little pudgy. To add to this look I took away a layer of cotton that was wrapped around my legs and changed into shoes that did not add anything to my height.

After slipping on a wedding band, changing into better-fitting clothes and ruffling up my hair a bit I finally decided that I was ready to go deal with the current situation.

Upon entering this kind of life I decided that I was going to be smart about it. The best thing to do when you pissed people off and they came looking for you was to make sure they didn’t know what you looked like. Every business associate I dealt with saw a different man. Every time my minions saw me I appeared as a different person. In effect, I had disappeared form this world. I made sure that even when I was sleeping that I was dressed in some disguise. No one ever saw what I really looked like and that was how I liked it. Even though I kept the same voice and fingerprints for everyone they were not my real ones. One could not be too careful in this business.

I stepped out of the bathroom and walked to my petite nightstand, staring at the only object occupying its space on top. I picked up the picture of Sydney, a picture that had been taken without the subject’s knowledge.

“I’m sorry to have to do this to you Sydney.” I whispered, staring into her eyes.

~~~Weiss’s POV~~~

Afterwards I just stared at the laptop like it was infected with a contagious virus. What have I done? I closed the laptop and backed away from it. You needed to do this. She could potentially be a threat to national security. Or worse. Everything will be sorted out…or the truth will be out about something somebody did not want the world to know and Sydney will be forced to take the fall for them. My conscious and my concern for Sydney were having a downright battle in my mind. I didn’t know what to do. But I knew one thing was for certain. I had just set something powerful into motion.

~~~Marshall’s POV~~~
After noticing that I had a new message I opened my email account to read it. Or really, Sloane had mail. However, all of his mail was being rerouted to me until the biannual inspection on his firewall and Virus scanner was complete. One new message from Weiss.

“I never get mail from him.” I pointed out to no one in particular a I opened up the message. I read the note out loud. “Suspicious activity noted in Agent Sydney Bristow. Request covert investigation.”

I had to reread it twice to make sure that I had it right. I knew that I should bring this to Sloane’s attention right away but I closed the email program and told myself that he was busy and did not need to be bothered with such trifling affairs.

“Marshall.” I jumped slightly at the mention of my name.

“Hello Sloane.” I greeted him.

“I was wondering, it’s been a awhile since we’ve received anything back on that investigation. Did I get any emails or phone calls?” he asked me.

“Nope, none. I’m sorry to say this sir, but maybe this is just an ordinary murder case. If it wasn’t they would’ve found something by now, don’t you think?”

“You’re right. It’s clean. It’s too clean to be an ordinary murder case.” Sloane pointed out.

~~~Weiss’s POV~~~
I spent the remaining hour of morning and the rest of the afternoon walking around looking for clues and at the same time wondering what it was that I was going to do before it hit me. Even as I began walking I didn’t consciously realize where I was until I was in front of the doro and knocking on it.

“What’s wrong? Dixon asked as he pulled open the door and ushered me inside.

“Is it just me or does something feel different?” I questioned him.

“Different how?” He took a seat on the bed.

“More personal.” I replied.

“How? We don’t even know this m-” he began.

“Sydney’s been acting strange. For a couple of days now. She walks out of the room on random days; she just seems to act like she has to force herself to enjoy hanging out with me; like a person woild with let’s say… a stalker. She doesn’t seem open anymore, she seems stressed. I think she knows more about this murder than she’s letting on.” I revealed.

“What are you saying, Eric?” Dixon asked, getting off the bed.

“I think Sydney knows who killed Daniel Hefferman and she’s trying to cover for them.Think about it.”

“She did try to come up with some reasons as to why we shouldn’t pursue this. Pathetic reasons at that.” Dixon added. “Whatever’s going on, we need to figure out a way to let her come clean. Maybe we could help her. She could be getting blackmailed or worse. Let’s figure out what’s really going on before we go to Sloane.”

“Too late.” I sighed. “I already sent an email to Sloane stating that some suspicious behavior has been observed in Sydney.”

“What do we do now?” Dixon asked to no one in particular, staring out at the night sky.

~~~Sydney’s POV~~~
The stress was triggering a major headache and before I knew it I was heading for the pills.

~~~Sloane’s POV~~
“Marshall, I want you to look into this. Do some research. Find out what you can.” I ordered, adding briefly as I walked away. “I want everyone who’s not working on this case to start.”

***30 minutes after midnight***

~~~Unknown POV~~~
“Hallway is clear. I repeat, hallway is clear.” a voice whispered into my earpiece.

“Copy that Range Rover. What about you Golden Eagle?” I asked into my mic.

“She’s sleeping like a baby. No sign of her roomate in the room. He was spotted in another room in a heated conversation with a middle aged African American man. Looks like it’ll be going on for quite some time. You are clear to proceed.”

With my clearance and the security of knowing the the security tapes were running on a loop, I proceeded to my detination. I pulled out a blank key card that had the word “master” on it. This key could open any hotel room in the place. After spotting the green light I opened the door, careful not to alert her of my presence. The room was dark and it took awhile for my eyes to adjust to it.

“No mistakes. Absolutely none.” A voice ordered through my earpiece.

I turned around to see 5 of my men stepping into the room and closing the door. We were all dressed into camouflage complete with hats that covered our hair and spotless black boots with the shoelaces tucked inside. I turned back to the sleeping Sydney as I shot 3 tranquilizer darts into her.

“What did he say?” A voice whispered into my ear. It, however, was not form the earpiece. It came form one of the men in my group. “No mistakes.”

After this reminder I shot 7 more darts into the unconscious agent.

I knew what he meant by no mistakes. He meant that he wanted it nice and quiet- the live ammo the men were packing should only be for show. It better not need to be used. Draw no attention. With a few quick hand gestures the other men began to search the room while I wrapped Sydney up in her comforter and pulled her into my arms.

“Make no mistake.” I remined them as I left the room carrying her. Another man followed me in case of emergency. It was pretty hard to fight when you were carrying someone. The security guards and other workers had been knocked out with some darts as well.

As I laid Sydney down in the backseat of a black Lexus while fighting the heartless wind, the other man hurried over to the workers and pulled out the darts. By the time anyone suspected anything, the substance would be out of their systems and no penetration mark would be found on them. I climbed into next to Sydney and shut the door. There was no one on the road. The other man hurried over into the front passenger seat as the driver sped away.

~~~Unknown POV~~~
By now the helicopter was long gone along with Sydney, Manuel, Oscar and the driver of the Lexus. We had found what we were looking for and now needed to escape. Our gettaway car was located in the back and even though we checked to make sure that no one was around, we still quickly made our way out before our computer tech fixed the security cameras back to the way they were. Manuel had also rearranged the workers to apepar as if they had simply dozed off on the job. I for one hoped that we had not forgotten to do anything.

~~~Unknown POV~~~
“Well done.” I spoke into the phone with a smile.

A/N: Glad to be back. I hope you guys enjoyed it even though there were more questions than answers in that chapter. Leave a comment and tell me what you thought of it.

pm list:

NoLabelsNecessary

Disclaimer: I do not claim Alias in any shape or form.
A/N: Yay! An update.

Previously on ‘Where You Go When You’re Gone’

~~~Sark’s POV~~~
“There will be no more warnings.” She shrugged out of my grip and walked out of the room.

I hurried over to the nightstand where, from a drawer, I activated the listening and tracking device that I had just planted on her. With that done, I whipped out my phone and hurriedly punched in a number.

“Yes, Irina, I’m requesting use of your resources. For what? An inquiry on Sydney.” I spoke into the phone. “Yes, whatever’s going on has got her afraid and she sloppily covering her tracks. Yes it does have to do with Rambaldi, at least that’s what this scenario’s pointing to given the bullet used. I’ll keep you informed. Thank you.”

~~~Marshall’s POV~~~
“I never get mail from him.” I pointed out to no one in particular a I opened up the message. I read the note out loud. “Suspicious activity noted in Agent Sydney Bristow. Request covert investigation.”

I had to reread it twice to make sure that I had it right. I knew that I should bring this to Sloane’s attention right away but I closed the email program and told myself that he was busy and did not need to be bothered with such trifling affairs.

“Marshall.” I jumped slightly at the mention of my name.

“Hello Sloane.” I greeted him.

“I was wondering, it’s been a awhile since we’ve received anything back on that investigation. Did I get any emails or phone calls?” he asked me.

“Nope, none. I’m sorry to say this sir, but maybe this is just an ordinary murder case. If it wasn’t they would’ve found something by now, don’t you think?”

“You’re right. It’s clean. It’s too clean to be an ordinary murder case.” Sloane pointed out.

~~~Weiss’s POV~~~
Sydney’s been acting strange. For a couple of days now. She walks out of the room on random days; she just seems to act like she has to force herself to enjoy hanging out with me; like a person would with let’s say… a stalker. She doesn’t seem open anymore, she seems stressed. I think she knows more about this murder than she’s letting on.” I revealed.

“What are you saying, Eric?” Dixon asked, getting off the bed.

“I think Sydney knows who killed Daniel Hefferman and she’s trying to cover for them. Think about it.”

“She did try to come up with some reasons as to why we shouldn’t pursue this. Pathetic reasons at that.” Dixon added. “Whatever’s going on, we need to figure out a way to let her come clean. Maybe we could help her. She could be getting blackmailed or worse. Let’s figure out what’s really going on before we go to Sloane.”

“Too late.” I sighed. “I already sent an email to Sloane stating that some suspicious behavior has been observed in Sydney.”

~~~Sydney’s POV~~~
The stress was triggering a major headache and before I knew it I was heading for the pills.

~~~Unknown POV~~~
“No mistakes. Absolutely none.” A voice ordered through my earpiece.

I turned around to see 5 of my men stepping into the room and closing the door. We were all dressed into camouflage complete with hats that covered our hair and spotless black boots with the shoelaces tucked inside. I turned back to the sleeping Sydney as I shot 3 tranquilizer darts into her.

“What did he say?” A voice whispered into my ear. It, however, was not form the earpiece. It came form one of the men in my group. “No mistakes.”

After this reminder I shot 7 more darts into the unconscious agent.

I knew what he meant by no mistakes. He meant that he wanted it nice and quiet- the live ammo the men were packing should only be for show. It better not need to be used. Draw no attention. With a few quick hand gestures the other men began to search the room while I wrapped Sydney up in her comforter and pulled her into my arms.

~~~Unknown POV~~~
By now the helicopter was long gone along with Sydney, Manuel, Oscar and the driver of the Lexus. We had found what we were looking for and now needed to escape. Our getaway car was located in the back and even though we checked to make sure that no one was around, we still quickly made our way out before our computer tech fixed the security cameras back to the way they were. Manuel had also rearranged the workers to appear as if they had simply dozed off on the job. I for one hoped that we had not forgotten to do anything.

~~~Unknown POV~~~
“Well done.” I spoke into the phone with a smile.

Chapter 6~Persuasive Methods

~~~Weiss’s POV~~~
“I’m just asking if we should go to Sydney. Confront her.” I clarified in tone that hinted at anger and impatience.

“I have known Sydney for several more years than you have. She was my partner and trusted friend for many of those years. She will react differently depending on the situation. Which means that we should wait until we have more information before we confront her about this.” He insisted.

“You think you know what’s best for her? What if she doesn’t have enough time for us t ‘get more information?’ What bout then?” I whispered angrily.

“Did you even consider the fact that us dashing in might put her in more danger?”

“Well I guess we’ll cross that bridge when we get to it.” I stared him down. “We’re not finding much relevant information on this case. Chances are that Sloane’ll put this on this on the backburn-”

“Yet another crucial mistake. This has potential connections to Rambaldi. Sloane would never put it on the backburner.” Dixon walked over to the door and opened it quite unceremoniously. “I’ll talk to you in the morning on our way back to APO.”

“Good night, Dixon.” I spoke with faux cheerfulness.

~~~Sloane’s POV~~~
“Found it, sir!” a new recruit chirped happily as he rushed over to show off his findings.

“What exactly did you find?” I grabbed the printout right out of his hands.

I could feel him watching me as I assessed his work.

“And you discovered this on your own?” I questioned him.

“Well, yes.” He beamed.

I gave him an unhappy smile as I pondered why Marshall hadn’t found it before him. Maybe, this recruit was simply living up to his reputation.

“I’ll get back to you with my comments.” I informed him, walking away with the printout.

****An Unknown Amount of Days Later****

~~~Sydney’s POV~~~
The simple attempt of lifting up my eyelids proved to be very exhausting. So, instead, I gave into the blissful feeling that was sure to accompany sleep. However, the sounds of heels clicking on the hard floor were preventing me from doing just that. In painfully slow motions, I dragged open my eyes and attempted to wipe the sleep away from my face. Instead, I found resistance tugging at my wrists whenever I tried to move them. That’s when I took a good look around at the room I was in.

The walls were painstaking plain white with a black and white tiled floor. Attached to the walls were perfectly shaped half-spheres. The ceiling was bathed in a bright light that hid the true design of it. The room was about a quarter of the size of a small-sized house and no doors could be seen in plain sight. The metal handcuffs were of a different design- the less popular. Used by only special cops and a few select agencies. The handcuffs were connected to each other without a small chain that allowed those skilled enough to be able to maneuver their way out. The area between the two metal cuffs was cemented into the ground.

Because I was lying on the ground I spotted their shoes first. Not their-her, there was no mistaking the sex of the other occupant of the room with those shoes. The closer she got to me, the more I had to turn my head to see her face. Her eyes were hidden behind big, dark, designer sunglasses; her brown hair thrown up in a messy ponytail. She wore a very feminine suit- complete with a knee-length black skirt.

Her face seemed friendly- completely opposite from what her body language was displaying. She flung the glasses off her head and pocketed them in her jacket’s breast pocket.

“You again.” She spat out, crouching down so she could talk to me easier. “Sydney frackin Bristow.”

I gather up[ all my strength to utter out these words, “Should I know you?”

I know where I am, without a doubt. I am in the place you go to when you piss him off. But I’m lucky, I was a favorite of his. Things will not be as harsh as possible. It could be worst, I know what I have done. I have brought the possibility of the CIA uncovering them in an attempt to solve this murder. This murder in which they should never have stuck their noses in in the first place. I messed up.

“It matters not. Do you know why you fucked up?” She demanded to know.

“Perfection.” I whispered.

“The thing with this kind of perfection is that it has it’s flaws. You forgot to include that. What kind of run-of-the-mill murderer kills so flawlessly? Our mole tells us that they are rerouting all energy into this case. Not to mention that fact that Rambaldi, himself, spoke of this happening. They’ll never got off our ass.” She stared into my eyes, a small smile tugging at her lips. “Guess you’re not so great after all.”

I shivered slightly- the tile was cold and I had no cover.

“He still thinks that there might be some use for you. So you’re still alive. When you’re ready to come back to him- to beg for his forgiveness on your hands and knees, we’ll talk.”

My stomach growled loudly, reminding me that I was hungry. When was the last time that I had eaten?

The lady ignored this and after a beeping sound went off and started to walk away without waiting for my confirmation that I understood.

“For your sake,” the woman turned around to face me, “I hope you decide to come back to him sooner rather than later. The longer I have to deal with you in my life, the worse it will be for you.”

“Well I guess I should start up on a plan to get out of these really soon, now shouldn’t I?” I stared her down.

I watched her tilt her head to the side as if thinking about something. “He’s worried about you. Starting this evening, he’ll send someone to give you your pills.”

I couldn’t remember who she was but the image of her talking with a man named Isaac about my medication briefly popped into my head.

My medication. The medication I had been taking for quite sometime.

~~~Sark’s POV~~~
I stared at the monitor back in the safe house intently. I had left the hotel a few days ago to begin tracking Sydney via the device I had planted. The only thing other than confusion and suspicion that had entered my veins was surprise. Surprised as I registered to whom the voice of the woman talking to Sydney belonged to- Vanessa.

I picked up my cell and punched a number on speed dial. “Hello, Irina. There is no doubt in my mind as of this moment what it is that we are dealing with here.”

~~~Weiss’s POV~~~
We still hadn’t found her. It had been days but still- she was gone without a trace. Her room had been cleared out. Everything had been taken and then all fingerprints had been wiped clean. Even Sydney’s prints failed to show up anywhere in the room. Whoever had done this had created a standard loop so that the security camera did not catch anything on tape.

Something in my gut was telling me that whoever had kidnapped Sydney had not wanted anybody to find out any real information about that murder. Thus, they took out the last significant piece to the puzzle. Without Sydney we could only make guesses as to what was going on.

I opened the door and stepped inside. I took a seat in the conference room before I stole a glance at the chart. On the chart was everything that we knew about the murder and Sydney’s disappearance. I wondered, with the email and everything that had happened, if Sloane had connected all the dots. But he as of yet to get back to me on that. That of which, I was glad.

~~~Vanessa’s POV~~~
I sat down at the circular table in between Manuel and Oscar. Across from me sat Isaac. His face impassive and cold stared right back at me.

“What did she say?” He demanded.

“Nothing that we didn’t already expect her to.” I smiled.

“She doesn’t remember who Daniel was?” she probed.

“She didn’t mention him.” I responded.

“Why didn’t you ask about him?” he whispered angrily.

“You interrupted my nice little conversation.” I snapped.

“Try again tomorrow. Afterwards, we go to more persuasive methods.” He smiled, turning to look at Manuel and Oscar.

A/N: Reviews make me writer and update faster.

pm list:
NoLabelsNecessary

Back