Season 5 will the real lauren reed please stand up?

speculation, speculation....

this is just a seed to plant in some circulating theories, i'm not too sure how far this will actually go, or where it could go. there's been plenty of speculation that the real julia thorne is actually lauren, or that somehow julia and sydney are interchangeable, or that possibly, sydney is the real julia thorne.

but who is really lauren reed??

it can't be just an alias, since there is actually a lauren reed who is some governor's (?adopted) daughter. there is a name (well, two names, julia thorne and lauren reed), but no body to account for that name.

there IS, however, the mysterious body so badly burnt in sydney's house fire that the covenant planted with sydey's DNA for the CIA to find (if we can trust kendall's narrative from "full disclosure.")

i'm not sure who the body is, if it's even significant, and if the real lauren reed is significant. but i do think that the badly burned body has something to do with julia thorne and/or lauren reed, whoever she (they?) may be, if she (they?) even exists. any thoughts? if you can shape this into something tangible, take it from here!

WEll speculated.

These are the hints I feel they've given us.

The wrapped in plastic, hanging sydney, lauren turns into sydney dream sequence.

and the long biographical-deatil rich brainwashing session featuring details potentially from Lauren/Julia's childhood.. It's also pretty clear that she's an assasin.

that lauren appeared when syd disappeared, and that she got vaughn also goes towards the interchangability or doppelganger-ness of the two.

I dont know if there's been anything in the show saying that Lauren Reed was adopted by her diplomat parents. but it may yet come out. it could aslo be that the julia thorne alias, while based on lauren reed' s life in england needed some altering for the brainwashing, as in: why doesn't julia ever go see her (nonexistent) parnets. well, they died etc...

I'm also stiticking to my theory that if there's gonna be a syd-rambaldi baby, that lauren will carry it, and vaugn will be the "daddy," just so we can all squirm a little more.

again
well speculated.

Back