World Series 2004

Who will win?

• Boston Red Sox

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • St. Louis Cardinals

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Leslie said:
Guess who's at the game with Ben Affleck?! None other than... Jennifer Garner! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D
[post="1039245"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
I didn't need to know that.*sigh* ^how can you be a yanks fan and want the damn Sox to win?

Marlene said:
CARDINALS!  Long live the Curse of the Bambino!
[post="1039418"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Can you explain the curse? I know there is one but I don't know what the mythos is; is it to do with Babe leaving the Sox for the Yankees and they haven't got to the World Series since?

ETA: Nevermind... I found this:

In 1918 the Red Sox won their 5th World Series, the most by any club at that time. One of the stars of the Boston championship franchise was a young pitcher by the name of George Herman Ruth, aka The Babe or The Bambino.

In 1920, however, Red Sox owner Harry Frazee needed money to finance his girlfriend's play, so he sold Babe Ruth's contract to Colonel Jacob Ruppert's New York Yankees for $100,000 (plus a loan collateralized by Fenway Park).

Since then, the Yankees, who had never won a World Championship before acquiring Ruth, have gone on to win 26, and are arguably one of the greatest success stories in the history of sport.

Meanwhile, the Boston Red Sox have appeared in only four World Series since 1918, losing each one in game seven. Many consider Boston's performance after the departure of Babe Ruth to be attributable to "The Curse of the Bambino."

GO RED SOX !!! U CAN DO IT. I WANT THEM TO WIN SO BAD !!! IT WOULD PUT MY DAD IN A GOOD MOOD FOR THE REST OF HIS LIFE, WHICH WILL MAKE HIM WANT TO GIVE ME MORE MONEY TO PAY OFF SCHOOL BILLS. HAHA. I WILL CRY TEARS OF JOY IF THEY WIN. AND THE SHOULD AND THEY WILL WIN. HIT 1 OUT Of THE PARK FOR ME JOHNNY!!! 2 wins down need 2 more!!!!

IF THE CURSE STILL STANDS WE ALWAYS HAVE THE PATRIOTS!!! KICKIN" SOME ASS THIS SEASON

The curse is a lie perpetrated by evil Yankee fans. :P Ain't no such thang... :D

We'll win. No worries. WAHOO! Yankees SUCCKKKKKKKKKK!!!! :D

To quote our good moderater Marly's friend: If the Red Sox win the World Series then there never really was a curse... they just sucked for 86 years.

Although I disagree with her, I find it amusing

Guys, the Red Sox can't suck. They're in the World Series (and winning it)! :lol: Silly Yankees fans... when will you even learn? ^_^

ehgripo said:
To quote our good moderater Marly's friend: If the Red Sox win the World Series then there never really was a curse... they just sucked for 86 years.
[post="1041728"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
hahahahahahahaha. awesome. :lol: :lol:

Leslie said:
Guys, the Red Sox can't suck. They're in the World Series (and winning it)! :lol: Silly Yankees fans... when will you even learn? ^_^
[post="1041874"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
They don't suck. I just hate em. :P

iheartalias said:
hahahahahahahaha. awesome. :lol:  :lol:
They don't suck. I just hate em. :P
[post="1041944"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Look its about time that the curse ended... and as a Yankee fan you have to admit it hasn't been too bad for you; you got 86 years of World Series dominance...

The sun is finally shinning in Fenway... its about time; you should want them to win... after all isn't it better to have been beaten by the team that win the World Series than the team that make it but end up losing.

ehgripo said:
Look its about time that the curse ended... and as a Yankee fan you have to admit it hasn't been too bad for you; you got 86 years of World Series dominance...

The sun is finally shinning in Fenway... its about time; you should want them to win... after all isn't it better to have been beaten by the team that win the World Series than the team that make it but end up losing.
[post="1042055"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
I was never complaining about being a Yankee fan...I love being a Yankee fan. (y)

It doesn't really metter to me either way who wins this year's World Series. But I'm never going to say that I want the Sox to win. I don't want them to win just because they beat the Yanks. I don't like the team, why would I want them to win?

Alias_Gay said:
in any case there are another thousand of fans who want the Red Sox to win this World Series ...  (y)

Go Red Sox ...
[post="1042677"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
of course there are, like my brother, for example. LoL :lol:

Geez, thanks for putting up a fight Cards, hahaha. To a non-cards/sox fan, this World Series has been boring. Bring on the basketball season!! Hahaha.

Giants 2005 lineup, you guys ready?
Durham, Snow, Renteria, Bonds, Drew, Alfonzo, Pierzynski, Grissom, Schmidt... Bring it on!! *bang bang bang bang bang* Let's go Giants! *bang bang bang bang bang* Let's go Giants! I know, it's a lot of wishful thinking, but it's not impossible. I know Sabean can pull something off.

Back