Yet Another Season 3 Opener

This is my first go at this so try not to laugh! And I swear this will eventually be about S/V. ;)

-----

Sydney awoke, her head throbbing. Her eyes blinked rapidly as the flashing red lights and buzzing from the street lulled her from her dazed state. She managed to stumble to the nearest payphone and called in to the CIA.
--
She waited anxiously in the safehouse. Hoping and praying that Vaughn would be the first person she saw when the door opened.

When the door handle turned the sound of her heart racing echoed in her ears.
“Vaughn!” she exclaimed, running to his embrace.

“Francie was the double… and Will.. .is he ok? Vaughn?” she frantically asked.

“Will’s OK. You don’t want to… Syd….”
“Vaughn, what is it? Tell me what happened?”
“We thought you were dead.” the words barely escaped his lips. The look on his face conveyed more pain than any words could.
“Vaughn, why are you wearing that ring?” she asked, the fear in her voice rising.
“Sydney, you’ve been gone for two years.”
She felt as though her world was slipping away. She didn’t know whether to scream or cry.
“No. Vaughn, there has to be a mistake. This is ridiculous. I killed Francie and I passed out and I… and I” she broke out into hysterical sobbing. Flashes of memories started to pierce her mind.
“Syd, you need to sit down. Are you OK? Syd!!”

“You need to make a choice, Sydney. Right now. If you come with me I can save Will.” Irina said coldly.

“Why are you doing this?!” Sydney screamed out of pure rage. The scratches on her face were starting to burn as her tears mingled with her wounds.

“Now is not the time to be irrational if you want to save your friend. Sydney,” she demanded, “are you coming?”

Sydney’s face hardened as she glared at her mother through the tears streaming from her eyes.

“Help me pick him up.” Sydney said, her voice flat and unemotional. As she reached down to pick up Will’s lifeless body images of Danny came rushing back.

“Sydney, Sydney…..”

She awoke with a start, sitting straight up and gasping for breath.

“Syd, it’s OK. It’s me, it’s Will”.

As Sydney looked up her eyes filled with tears. “Oh my God. Will! You’re OK. Will.. I was with my mother, and you were lying there just like Danny and then I….Oh my God…” Her voice quivered and her body shook as she put her hands on his face. Her mind raced, trying to remember the thought in her head. But nothing came to her. She shook her head, trying to remember.

“It’s OK Syd. Don’t try to remember right now. You need to regain your strength first. All we care about is that you’re back.”
The last words barely escaped his lips as the pain in his voice started to show through. Sydney threw her arms around him, just wanting to be near to him. She looked around and her surroundings immediately reminded her of the safehouse where she left Will so many years before - remembering the sweet words he spoke to her then. Pulling back from their embrace she looked at him and studied his face with a fevered intensity. His face and features were exactly the same as she remembered, but his eyes were different. They were sad, no longer hopeful and bright.

“Will, what happened to you? You have to tell me what happened. I don’t remember…. I was with my mother and I thought you were dead.” Sydney spoke rapidly, impatient for answers.

“You saved me, Syd. I wouldn’t be here if you didn’t….” his voice trailed off and his eyes welled up with tears. As he stopped, the door burst open and Jack rushed into the room.

“Oh my God Sydney. I thought it was too good to be true.” The sight of her father so emotional sent her over the edge.

“Dad.” The calm and confident agent was completely gone now, as Sydney’s voice became like a small child, filled with fear. She embraced him as the tears continued to fall. After what seemed like an eternity, Sydney's conversation with Vaughn in Hong Kong permeated her thoughts. She pulled away looking frantic.

“Dad, what happened to me?! It can’t be 2 years. It can’t. Where’s Vaughn? Why isn’t he…”

“Sydney I don’t think this is the best way to do this. You need to regain your strength – we need to take this slowly under the proper supervision. We need to…”

“Somebody needs to tell me what the hell is going on! Right now! Dad? Will?! Will, you have to tell me!” Sydney’s voice was frantic and pained and scared. Will glanced anxiously towards Jack, wanting so much to tell Sydney everything he could. Jack sighed heavily, and nodded cautiously to Will.

“Somebody. Tell me… please!” Sydney was positively desperate.

“I can tell you what I remember Syd, but it’s not very much.” Will said, not wanting to raise her expectations on regaining all her memories at once. “After I made the connection about Francie, I mean, Allison, I tried to call you… I tried to stop her from escaping. We fought and struggled – I tried so hard to overcome her, Syd. The last thing I remember was her stabbing me and then I passed out. These past years,” Will briefly hesitated and once again glanced towards Jack, “I have these brief memories… voices mostly. I remember hearing you screaming at your mother. I could never remember anything concrete – I sometimes wondered if I imagined those voices.” His voice trailed off again and he looked to the floor.

“I woke up in a sterile place, God knows how many days later. I have no idea where it was or what it was. It seemed like a warehouse – there were many steel containers and large unfinished ceilings. I was hooked up to a machine, but it was nothing like anything I’ve seen in hospital. It was more life-like… it was more…. I don’t know, Syd.” Jack started to look impatient as though Will was giving her too much information. “I don’t know how long I was there, but I know it was at least a few weeks. I was in and out of consciouness, but I tried to keep track of the days and nights as much as possible. And then one day, I woke up in a hotel room… it was someplace tropical – there were palm trees out the window and I could hear the ocean. And you came into the room off the balcony. God, you looked like an angel, Syd. I thought I was dead – really, I did. You looked so serene with the sun setting behind you…” Will paused to collect himself. The strain this was causing him was painfully evident.

“You spoke to me, Syd. You told me that I was fine and they were going to let me go home. I asked you who “they” were, but you wouldn’t answer. You knelt down beside me and I could tell you had been crying…. I don’t know how to explain it, but you were different. I told you that I wasn’t going to leave unless you were coming with me – and you told me you had to do something before you could come back to us. I started to panic, Syd. I tried to stand up but I was too weak… I could barely move at all. You …” Once again Will had to stop. By now Sydney’s eyes were bursting with tears, so much so that she could barely see Will’s face. Jack put his hands on her shoulders, trying to shake off his steely exterior and comfort his daughter.

Will continued: “You kissed me and told me not to worry about you. You don’t know how those words have haunted me Syd. After you saved my life, so many times, and I couldn’t help you. At all.”

“Will, you don’t need to -” Sydney cried, but Will grabbed her hands and interrupted before she could say anything more.

“You started to leave the room, and I was calling out to you. I was screaming your name – in desperation I guess. I just refused to believe what was happening. I finally passed out from exhaustion … I woke up in an alleyway in LA. I called your father and I…. I couldn’t remember anything for the longest time. Nothing at all. Jack and everyone at the CIA told me how long I had been missing, but it killed me, Syd. Not being able to help them find you.” By this time Sydney’s arms were wrapped around Will, barely able to grapple with this news. Brief flashes of memories began to flood her mind once again and she started to feel faint.

“I think that’s enough, Will. Sydney, you need rest. You need to regain your strength and then we will figure out what happened to you. I promise.” Jack’s words were resolute and strong and provided great comfort to Sydney. The thought that Will and her father were there to protect her gave Sydney a fleeting moment of peace as her body collapsed under the stress.

Fighting the drowsiness sweeping over her, she whispered once again, “But where’s Vaughn. Why isn’t he here?”

hum... ya it does sound interesting... the beginning was a tiny bit confusing, but it's all good. keep it up :D
--Mandy :angelic:

yeah it is alittle confusing but its a great start! so where is vaughn anyways?! :confused: ok i really wanna see what happens!! :D (y)

Yeah, keep going...unless you don't want to tackle Vaughn's MARRIAGE! Ah! How could JJ do this to us! *sobs*

*sniffle*

Good start though!

Back