With You

Hey Everyone!

I'm feeling generous today, hehehe so i wrote a new chapter! :woot:

Oh yeah and strangely enuf, even though i never thought i'd make one of these coz i never thought anyone would actually READ my fic, imma going ot make an Addicts list. SO; if you want on it, just let me know in your review! Thanks guys :hug:

Hope you like it!

Chapter 29

Vaughn POV

“Almost ready babe?” I call out to Syd for the fourth time, who in typical lady fashion has taken the last 2 hours to get ready.

Today is Will and Francie’s engagement party.

And according to Will, Francie’s invited almost every person either of them has ever met in their entire lives which I think is just Will’s way of saying that they’ve invited a lot of people. Their apartment wasn’t big enough to hold the party so they’re having it at Francie’s restaurant and are expecting at least 300 people. Francie being Francie wanted a fsemi-formal celebration which is Sydney’s excuse for taking this long to get ready. I mean seriously, the girl could wear a brown paper bag and still look like an angel but who am I to stop the girl from getting dressed up. Every male knows that they don’t rush a girl when she’s getting dressed up. It’s like an un-written rule or something.

I decided to wear, well technically Syd decided that I’d wear black suit pants and a dark green button down shirt, which Syd bought because it’s her favourite colour on me. All week she’s been bragging to me about the new dress that she bought for the party but would not show it to me. She won’t even tell me what colour it is.

Looking at my watch again, I notice that we’re going to be at least 20 minutes late, if we leave right now, and as the bridesmaid and best man, Syd and I cannot afford to be late to this thing.

Flashback

Syd and I are having dinner with Will and Francie tonight at a little restaurant on the pier. All night, Syd and Francie have been looking at Will and then me, with mischievous grins on their faces and giggling back and forth between each other, and Will has been strangely quiet.

Next thing I know, Fran and Syd are off to the ladies room together and Will is fidgeting uncomfortably in his seat, causing me to chuckle.

“Dude, are you all right?” I smile, wondering what’s wrong with him.

“Yeah.” He sighs, “Can I ask you something?” He asks quickly.

“Umm… sure.” I reply curiously.

“It’s about the wedding.” He explains.

“Not getting cold feet, are you?” I ask him.

“What? Oh, no. No, of course not. I can’t wait to marry Fran.” He says, his mood almost suddenly brightening and a smile spreading across his face.

“Okay,” I smile, “Then what’s up?”

“Okay.” Will begins, a determined tone in his voice as he straightens up and looks at me seriously. “Would you like to be my best man?”

My eyes widen in surprise, that was something I was most defiantly not ready for. “Your best man?” I say incredulously. “Really?”

Quickly trying to explain, Will continues, “I mean, I know we haven’t been the greatest friends for very long, to be completely honest with you, I wasn’t exactly a big fan of yours the first time I met you.” He chuckles, knowingly, eliciting a smile from me as well. “But the truth is, I don’t have that many close friends, other than the girls,” he adds, “And I do consider you a good friend nowadays.” He explains a little sheepishly.

“Seriously?” I ask him. A smile slowly making its way on my face.

“Well yeah, I mean only if you wanted to…” He starts before I cut him off.

“Of course man. I’d be honored.” A full on smile on my face now.

“You would?” he asks surprised.

“Defiantly.” I confirm.

“Wow. Thanks man.” He smiles, as he reaches across the table and we shake hands, just as the girls come back smiling, obviously knowing what happened.

End Flashback

“Syd! Don’t make me come in there or…” I begin but am rendered speechless when I see my beautifully, stunning girlfriend walk towards me.

“Or what Vaughn?” She asks me, raising her eyebrow curiously, with a smug grin on her face.

“Wow.” Is all I can muster up. Nice going genius. Wow.

“You like?” She asks me smiling broadly, turning around slowly to show off the beautiful dress she’s wearing, which only looks as beautiful as it does because she’s the one wearing it.

“Very much.” I nod dumbly. She smiles and walks forwards, kissing me softly on the lips.

“Shall we?” I ask her, holding my arm out as she links hers with mine.

“We shall.” She replies happily, as we walk out to the car. “Sorry I took so long to get ready.” She apologizes, “I wanted to curl my hair. I know you like it like this.” She smiles, twisting one of the curls with her finger.

“You’re forgiven.” I reply. Like I could ever stay angry with her. “And just for the record, you look absolutely beautiful.” I say, kissing her head and pulling her to my side for a quick hug before we get in the car.

“Thank you.” She smiles sheepishly, as we drive to the restaurant.

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

“Okay, Okay. I’d like to make a toast.” I say loudly across the room so that everyone can hear me, as I stand up from my table shared with Will, Francie and Sydney and tap my glass with my fork.

Everyone in the room quiets down and the room’s attention is focused on me.

“Now I haven’t known either Francie or Will that long. Only a few months actually. But I do know that what they’ve got is for forever. I’ve seen the way they act around each other, and the way they look at each other and you can just tell that what they have together is gonna last. I know what it feel’s like to have found the one person that you want to spend the rest of your life with,“ I say, looking down and smiling softly at Syd as I grab her hand in mine, “And I couldn’t be happier that two of my closest friends have found that.” I say, looking across the table and smiling at Francie and Will who are holding hands and chuckle when I see Francie wiping tears from her eyes.

“Congratulations on the engagement guys, good luck in the future, and Will, thanks for asking me to be your best man.” I say as the room erupts in applause.

The band starts playing again as I hug Fran and Will before Sydney pulls me into the kitchen, where it’s quieted down now after all the meals have been made.

She kisses me hungrily on the lips, catching me off guard before I eagerly respond and return the favor. When the need for air becomes necessary, we pull apart and rest our foreheads together.

“You’re amazing.” She whispers.

“I can’t wait to marry you.” I tell her truthfully. Surprising her and myself a little by my sudden declaration.

She looks up at me, the tiniest of smiles beginning to show on her lips.

“Really?” She asks me, the delight evident in her tone.

“Really.” I reply truthfully, leaning in for another sweet kiss.

“And I can’t wait to marry you.” She replies, causing me to grin and pull her into a tight hug.

“We better get back out there.” I nod towards the dinning room.

“Yeah.” She replies, looking through the window, watching Will and Francie laugh as they dance to ‘Hey Baby’ by DJ Otzi along with all the other guests, with a sad smile on her face.

She begins to walk out of the kitchen, letting go of my hand, before I grab her by the waist and turn her around, staring into her eyes.

“Soon.” I promise her.

The smile instantly returns on her face, knowing what I’m talking about. “Soon.” She repeats, as if to reassure herself.

We seal it with a kiss and make our way out to the party to join our friends in their celebration.

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^

There you go :smiley:

Oh, and here's the pictures of Syd and Francie's dresses, just incase you were wondering why Vaughn's tongue was hanging out of his mouth. lol

Sydney's Dress
NMT0CS5_mp.jpg

Francie's Dress
NMT091N_mp.jpg

Please review guys!

Mucho love,

Aly xx :angelnot:

First First !! Yes :happydance:

Oh the dresses very purdy.

Aww Will and Francie getting married!! :blush: :love:

Loves it.

Me thinks Vaughn is feeling a little :naughty:

Can't wait for the next chapter :smiley:

Awww
That was adorable
I love it
I can't wait for everyone to get married
I'm so excited for that
I love the fluff
Thanks for the PM
Update again soon please

aww that was really great!
lol syd made vaughn speechless! :angelic:
and 'hey, hey baby' is one of the best party songs ever!!
thanks for the PM
update soon :P

Every male knows that they don’t rush a girl when she’s getting dressed up. It’s like an un-written rule or something.
He is a very smart man.

Loved the flashback to Will asking Vaughn to be his best man.

"Soon" I can't wait either.

:hi: Hey sweetie!

Wow another update :D I don't have much time for quoting today 'cause technically I'm working on a new chap of my fic but when I saw your pm I decided I deserve a break :angelic:

Oh yeah and strangely enuf, even though i never thought i'd make one of these coz i never thought anyone would actually READ my fic, imma going ot make an Addicts list. SO; if you want on it, just let me know in your review! Thanks guys :hug:
ADDICT'S LIST! ADDICT'S LIST! ADDICT'S LIST! YAY!! OOOH ME ME ME ME ME I WANT ON IT *slaps self and stops using all capitals* Pleeeeeease? :hug:

Every male knows that they don’t rush a girl when she’s getting dressed up. It’s like an un-written rule or something.
Vaughn is so wise ^_^

“Okay.” Will begins, a determined tone in his voice as he straightens up and looks at me seriously. “Would you like to be my best man?”
:love: *sigh* Will's so sweet

“Of course man. I’d be honored.” A full on smile on my face now.
aww and Vaughn's sweet too of course :blush:

“You like?” She asks me smiling broadly, turning around slowly to show off the beautiful dress she’s wearing, which only looks as beautiful as it does because she’s the one wearing it.
*giggles happily*

“Now I haven’t known either Francie or Will that long. Only a few months actually. But I do know that what they’ve got is for forever. I’ve seen the way they act around each other, and the way they look at each other and you can just tell that what they have together is gonna last. I know what it feel’s like to have found the one person that you want to spend the rest of your life with,“ I say, looking down and smiling softly at Syd as I grab her hand in mine, “And I couldn’t be happier that two of my closest friends have found that.” I say, looking across the table and smiling at Francie and Will who are holding hands and chuckle when I see Francie wiping tears from her eyes.
aaaaah that was the *cutest* speech EVER :blush: :blush:

Soooooper duper chap hun,

Helen xx

That was great ... aww love that Vaughn is soo patient with her ... love his reaction soo cute ... awww love Vaughn little speech ... soon yah makes me soo happy ... thanks for the PM ... more soon please

Ohhh! add me to the addict list!!! Please please!! :woot: if ya can, can i have #4? loved your last chapter!! i can't wait till vaughn proposes! I loved vaughn's amazing speech! S/V all the way baby!!! :confetti: and francie and will are so adorable together too...i miss them on the show :( thanks for the update and PM! update as soon as possible please! :D :P (y)

lee :happydance:

Back