24 vs Alias

24 and Alias are two of my favorite shows on television. And this coming Sunday for one time only they will air new episodes on the same night at the same time. Unless Alias is pushed back again because of Nick and Jessica Variety Hours which made me missed last week's episode. 24 is showing the episode on Sunday because they were supposed but there was the Presidential speech on Tuesday. It has become really common that shows are pushed back and delayed this year due to reality shows and other craps.

24 and Alias are two very similar but different shows. They started airing in the same year. They are about about government agencies battling against terrorists and treats to the country. One is CIA and the other is sort of like FBI but higher up. One has a male main character and the other has a main female character. Both shows have plenty of moles. One show is realistic while the other is fantasy like. One plays a lot of techno music and changes hair and outfit every episode. The other wears the same clothes for the whole season. Alias is all about the hand to hand combats while 24 is all about shooting guns. On Alias time moves really fast with people flying here and there in a blink on an eye. 24 has time moving really slow. Season 3 of 24 has a three year jump from season 2. Season 3 of Alias has a 2 year jump. So much similarities between two different show.

So what I am gonna do when Sunday rolls around is watch one show and record the other.

Are there fans of 24 here too?

Alias_Gay said:
no 24 fan here ... but believe me ... you better watch Alias ... and tape 24 ... ;)
LOL, yes that's exactly what I was planning to do anyway because I write reviews for 24 so I need a copy of it to observe scenes carefully. :D Can't wait till Sunday.

I am sure there are fans of 24 here and everywhere. Where are you?

actually, there are tons of fans on here too ... I am sure if you visit the TV shows forums you will find them ...

I am in Aruba ... so, we haven't get the chance to see "24" ... nor on cable ... so, thats what I meant by no fan here ... ;)

I'm definitely a HUGE 24 fan. Even moreso than Alias. It's just so unique. I gotta be honest with you, I'm going to watch 24, and tape Alias. It's unfortunate, and it makes me mad that Fox chose this timeslot, but I'm more emotionally involved in 24 right now. While Alias is starting to come back just a little bit it seems from their slump, I'm still not completely into it yet again, even though I'm getting there. So 24 is what I'll be watching from 9-10, but from 10-1045 (after fast forwarding through commercials) I'll be watching Alias.

hey, thats not fair ... why don't you watch Alias and tape 24 ...

if you watch Alias, you will be part of the help the show needs for the ratings ... ;)

Actually 24 is going to need the rating because it is being shown on a totally weird day. I forgot to mention that these two shows will be competing with one another for the ratings. Even though I didn't intend for the two show to compete with one another but we'll see which one comes out on top after Sunday.

Hey it all comes down to personal preference. I have to admit I am a bigger fan of 24 than Alias too. Seasons 1 and 2 of 24 are better than seasons 1 and 2 of Alias. But so far season 3 of Alias is better than season 3 of 24. Although it starting to pick up for 24. Alias only has 3 episodes left but 24 has 7.

Season 2 of 24 was really great. It was very emotional. I cried a bunch of times. The action and suspense is top-notched.

I'm with you GoGo..... I'm not a 24 fan but I know alot of people who like Alias, watch 24 as well..... WATCH ALIAS PEOPLE.... Tape 24. ;)

Well I bought seasons one and two of 24 back in January and decided to wait until the DVD set of season three comes out to watch it. So I'll be watching ALias this Sunday.

OMG i love 24, but don't have the issue that you are facing due to the fact that i am in britain. BIG fan of 24 though nowhere near as huge as alias. 24's a great show, but is only worthy to kiss the pert little bumcheeks of alias!! :P

Actually 24 is going to need the rating because it is being shown on a totally weird day

I disagree with you on that.Right NOW 24 has had a much stronger 3rd season than Alias.Of course i'm going to watch Alias and tape 24,but that's only because i know at this point 24 won't let me down,while you never know with Alias this year.

I refuse to watch 24 as stupid as it may sound but I know alot of people are saying they prefer it over Alias and I am so devoted to Alias that I refuse to let it down and pick another so over it, although I am sure I could never like another show more than Alias.

i have never seen 24. I have been wanting to see it. I think Alias ratings will go down even more because of this. HUMPH!! :angry:

I have to admit that I was wondering what I should do, but I did find some good news a little while ago. FX is going to air repeats of 24 on Monday at 11 and Tuesday at 6. At least that is what Zap2it said. That way, people can have more of a chance to see it since it will be up against Alias, Criminal Intent, and the Sopranos.

Here is the article: Zap2it.com Article

Just thought that I would share this with everyone! Sounds like good news to me. :P

~Lisa

What I meant by people should watch 24 to help the rating is because it is being shown on a different day and some people might not realize it and end up missing it.

24 and Alias both have great writings. I cannot choose which is better. Maybe there will be a 24 and Alias crossover. That would be awesome. Jack and Syndey starts off fighting one another but then end up working together.

Yeah...unfortunately 24 has better ratings than ALIAS...and is actually preferred over ALIAS. When found that out...I was like "I hope this doesn't affect the ratings for ALIAS."

yuck alias is soooo much better!!!! ive watched 24...i dont like it. i think its cuz i dont think keifer sunderland is hot...a little shallow but i dont care.

Well you know what someone told me about 24?

Hey its a male dominated world...its more believable for a man to do the stuff that Keifer does than what Sydney does.

Isn't that just messed up?!

Back