24 vs Alias

i'd watch 24 but my dad says i'm too young. he said if i was 15 or something, which i'm not. :hmm: but my dad is a big 24 fan. i probably would love 24 a lot too. but i dunno which one i'd tape.

The fact of the matter is that I don't have a Nielsen box on top of my TV, so it really doesn't matter what I watch. If I did, I'd definitely watch Alias. 24 is much more set in terms of its future right now, and Alias doesn't seem to be as much. Alias does need the ratings, I'd give it to them, by taping 24. But since my viewing habits make absolutely no difference, I'm just going to watch 24. Gotta do what I gotta do!

My older Bro loves 24!!! I hate it, and love Alias!!!! He's always saying how 24 is 10 times better then Alias, and how Alias is boring. I'm always saying how 24 is boring. He has season 1 and 2 on dvd. I have season 1 and 2 on dvd. It's a constant battle in our house to see which show is better. My mom is a fan of both, and when we asked her what show she liked better, she said Alias, and my Bro was pissed. I laughed in his face. ALIAS ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)

I am sure all the schedule changes didn't help with the ratings either. ABC is really screwing Alias over this year with the one new episode every three week deal. Now they pushed it back 1 hour for Nick and Jessica. I missed last weeks episode because of it so that didn't help the ratings. Well I guess it seems that 24 and Alias won't be showing at the same time after all. I saw a commercial for Nick and Jessica Variety Hours again. Alias better look for a new network or something.

Something is wrong with television program these days. It used to be that sporting events were the only thing that causes schedule changes but nowaday it is all about reality shows.

I am a fan of both Alias and 24 ;) :cool: more of an ALIAS fan :rolleyes: than 24 :smiley: but I watch both for the drama, twists, plots and suspense. (y) See the www blue button link at the bottom of my all alias forum post for my free yahoo group (to join click the join button but you will need to be registered with Yahoo groups first) on Alias and 24 where I do very detailed summary and comments for Alias and highlights recaps of 24! :smiley: If you ever miss an episode or are from another country other than the United States you can read my version of the shows on my group starting with Season II to present! :smiley:

It will give you a good glimpse of the episode before you buy it on DVDs! :cool:

Of course another place to get a glimpse of the episodes is the official websites of ALIAS and 24 as well as www.tvtome.com! :smiley:

Enjoy your day and evening! :D

Lynne

dreamlancer said:
What I meant by people should watch 24 to help the rating is because it is being shown on a different day and some people might not realize it and end up missing it.

24 and Alias both have great writings. I cannot choose which is better. Maybe there will be a 24 and Alias crossover. That would be awesome. Jack and Syndey starts off fighting one another but then end up working together.
When you say that Jack and Sydney start fighting each other and then working together I assume you mean (Jack Bauer of 24) if you are referring to a cross over... many of the plots are similar viruses in computers, bombs, cut off limbs/body parts etc. I call it connect the dots between Alias writers and 24 writers... ;) :cool:

24 though is a very male dominating type of show with a few female heriones but not too threatening to the male leaders... where Sydney is more of a woman's role model spy show figure in Alias -- many male fans watch it for Jennifer Garner's sex appeal where the women watch it to see a woman succeed in a typically male dominated world or to watch Michael Vartan with his male model looks and sex appeal! (y) ;) :cool:

Enjoy your day and evening! :D

Lynne

dreamlancer said:
I saw a commercial for Nick and Jessica Variety Hours again. Alias better look for a new network or something.
Ugh...that variety show was so stupid. I like Nick and Jessica, but they need to stick to singing...I say there is too much overexposure. And pushing ALIAS to a later hour isn't exactly gonna help ratings either.

the variety show was okay but i'd rather not see it again. I NEED MY ALIAS!! i'll watch them on newlyweds cuz sometimes jessica can just be SOOO DUMB.

Actually, the ratings for Alias were boosted last week, most likely due to the Nick and Jessica Variety Hour! As much as I can't stand those two :rolleyes: ...it seems as though they did some good for Alias...interesting...

If they pushed Alias an hour later for something else, it might not have helped, but the whole variety show probably brought in some new viewers, and hey, maybe they'll stick around!

I used to be such a huge 24 fan, but I have a tuesday night class this semester and I haven't been able to watch season 3. :(

So I really thought there was going to be another Nick and Jessica Variety Hour and Alias would have to be pushed back again but it turns out that there was none. I thought the N/J show was going to be a weekly thing. It just goes to show how confusing television can be these days. There are people who rely on tv as their only source of infomation about shows.

24 and Alias got to run head to head afterall and I have to say I enjoyed this episode of Alias more tonight than 24. But that's because Alias is nearing the season finale and all the secrets and excitements are building up more than 24. And what's also cool about 24 airing on Sunday is that a new episode will air again this coming Tuesday.

Due to the move to Sunday, 24 had the show's worst ratings ever, getting a 4.0/6 ratings share.

That's the info I got from tvtome. What does everyone think now about it stealing Alias's rating? I watched Alias and recorded 24. I wonder how the people at 24 think about the rating.

I'm sure they don't mind so much. It was a lose-lose situation. President Bush backed Fox into a corner on this one. With literally 5 days promotion, it was probably difficult for the normal viewers to find out when it was on. But I'm sure they are at least impressed by the numbers it drew in.

Quick little connection: Agent Pierce from 24 was on Alias Sunday evening, playing the man who signed Sloane's pardon, whatever his name was. I love seeing guest stars on multiple shows. Like Anna Espinosa was on 24 this season as Julia Milliken. It's kinda fun.

i've only seen a few episodes of 24. and i although i like the whole original idea behind 24, i have to say it never really got into me the way Alias did. i find 24 somewhat monotonic and sometimes repetitive. now Alias is a whole other story! :D

Of course there are going to be more Alias fans than 24 fans on an Alias board.

It is true that 24 is a more male dominated show and it is geared towards the male fans. Alias interests both males and females. That's why there are no big 24 message boards like this one out there.

dreamlancer said:
Of course there are going to be more Alias fans than 24 fans on an Alias board.

It is true that 24 is a more male dominated show and it is geared towards the male fans. Alias interests both males and females. That's why there are no big 24 message boards like this one out there.
thats a good point, i didnt even think of that!!!

Alias_Gay said:
no 24 fan here ... but believe me ... you better watch Alias ... and tape 24 ... ;)
Ummm - what about taping Alias and then watching 24 - you can keep the Alias tape UNLESS you will be getting the Alias DVD? (y)

ninja-kitty said:
Alias_Gay said:
no 24 fan here ... but believe me ... you better watch Alias ... and tape 24 ...  ;)
Ummm - what about taping Alias and then watching 24 - you can keep the Alias tape UNLESS you will be getting the Alias DVD? (y)
well, I actually tape Alias every week ... and then I watch it, re-watch it and re-watch again ... ;)

Back