Alias Languages and Accents

I speak English..i know bits of spanish,i speak non-fluent french....and I have taken 4 years of latin(you cant speak latin) ^_^

Azalea said:
And when Sydney talked to the prison guard in "Passage Pt.2" in Kashmir, telling him she was new and her name was Amena, was she speaking Arabic or Hindi? I put Hindi because Kashmir is part of India, but I'm not sure.
It's Urdu not Hindi :smiley: Srinagar is part of Pakistan, actually. I have a Pakistani friend so, I know it's Urdu not Hindi. He confirmed it's Urdu.

Agent Kernaghan @Sep 1 2003 said:
It's Urdu not Hindi  Srinagar is part of Pakistan, actually. I have a Pakistani friend so, I know it's Urdu not Hindi. He confirmed it's Urdu.
Okay, I'll take your word for it that it's Urdu, since I really have no idea. It's good that somebody knows these things!

And Srinigar is a city in Kashmir, which is a disputed region between India and Pakistan. But is Srinigar technically considered to be in the domain of Pakistan? I'm fuzzy about all that...

sydney also spoke swedish in some episode, dont remember which

lucka2k Posted on Sep 12 2003 said:
ok, i son't know if this was posted. but, syd did a southern accent in "Spirit" and "Endgame" :}
You're right, she did. I have "Endgame" listed under "West Virginina" (only because she specifically mentioned WV, so I thought I'd list it separately, even though it's technically Southern). But I didn't have "Spirit" at all. I also added "Truth Be Told" to the Southern accent list, because of the part where she asked the guard where the bathroom was.

I'm sure there a lot of things I've missed, so as you guys are watching the DVDs, if you notice anything (either for this list or the Locations one), let me know. I'm watching them too, but I probably won't get through them very fast. These lists are kind of like "community projects". I need your help! :D

wow this is sooo awesome!!! I have always been totally into foreign languages and accents, so this list is great for me to see!!!

In college, i want to double major in languistics and spanish.
I speak fairly good spanish (level 3 high school) and I know the basics of french (level 1 high school) after i am fluent in these to languages i wish to learn russian, italian, portugese, chinese, and german. Especiallly german and russian. I wish i could learn languages a lot faster!!!!

Oh, and about the accents, English accents have always been a HUGE turn on with guys. Like, it doesn't matter if their poop ugly, i find accents to be soooooooo hot!! (okay, it would matter if they actually were poop ugly... but still!) At school, we have this transfer student from England, and i haven't even seen him, but i'm planning on getting to ... umm... know him lol. *cough* stalk *cough* LOL I also have a friend from australia, and i've always found the difference between english and australian accents to be very interesting.

yeah, i know i'm a total loser... but hey, whatever!

Am I the only one who finds it hilarious that Sydney and Vaughn both spoke Bulgarian in this episode ("The Nemesis")? I mean, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Russian...I can understand all those. But Bulgarian!!! Come on! :rotflmao: Sydney maybe, but Vaughn? I mean, I was surprised to hear him speak Russian a few weeks ago...Who knew he had such advanced linguistic skills? ;)

darling-fi said:
Somebody said Syd spoke Swedish; that was in 'Page 47'. She asked to borrow some gas, if I remember correctly.
Well, the closed captioning on the DVDs said that it's Russian, and she was speaking to a Russian guy... But does anyone know any Swedish or Russian? It'd be hard for me to tell for sure, but I thought it was Russian.

Azalea said:
darling-fi said:
Somebody said Syd spoke Swedish; that was in 'Page 47'.  She asked to borrow some gas, if I remember correctly.
Well, the closed captioning on the DVDs said that it's Russian, and she was speaking to a Russian guy... But does anyone know any Swedish or Russian? It'd be hard for me to tell for sure, but I thought it was Russian.
I live in Sweden and i can tell you for sure that she's speaking swedish in episode "Page 47". :smiley:

What about drunk language for Vaughn in the season two finale?! Lol, I am just kidding!

Well done on the list! Quite impressive!!!

Kelly

I'm sorry, I just now noticed these posts for the first time! I always update this after the episodes air, but I forget to check the end of the thread.

gamer(swe)@Nov 18 2003 said:
I live in Sweden and i can tell you for sure that she's speaking swedish in episode "Page 47".
Okay, since you speak Swedish, I'll take your word for it. I watched the episode again, and it does definitely sound like Swedish. Plus, if it was Russian, the Russian guy she was talking to would have understood her, and he seemed like he didn't. Thanks for the tip! :smiley:

PsychicAgent@Nov 18 2003 said:
What about drunk language for Vaughn in the season two finale?! Lol, I am just kidding!
No, you're right..I added "Casual Guy" for Jack, so it's only fair to add "Drunk Guy" for Vaughn! :lol: Any time a character speaks in a different manner because of being undercover, I think it's notable, even if it's not technically what you would think of as an "accent". And I'm sure there are some I've missed, so if anyone thinks of any, let me know!

What a fun list - and it must be so intimidating for the actors, who know that whatever language they use, there are so many people out there who speak it and will comment! I think they do a great job, although I was in histerics about their South African accents, and I only lived there briefly. I know there are South African fans on this site - what did you think? And in "Facade" Vaughn's accent also made me laugh, and I figured Ricky Gervais must have given him a hard time about that!

Personally I am waiting for them to speak Czech, as my husband is Czech and I am desperately trying to learn it. (Not easy...but I can tell you how to order beer! :cheers: ) And I speak French so I always feel like I am getting something extra out of the show when they use it.

Thanks! :smiley:

Back