Alias' not so good ratings

What do you think is to blame for Alias' not so great ratings??

• Too complicated

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bad time slot

• On a bad network

• Not enough advertising for Alias

• Total voters
I think it may be a little of complexity, I mean everyone knows it's hard to jump in the middle of the season of a show, especially one like this, I mean the first whole ep I saw was Q & A and my dad had been watching so explained it to me so it was easy for me to understand the first time but I mean if you just want to jump in you probably need to get on the net and catch up or something b/c otherwise it may be difficult, I also think it's lack of advertising

not really, I have only been watching since The Prophecy in season one and I understand it completely, seeing all the episodes doesn't really make a difference, and if it did there would be a lot less people here because a lot of the ones here I know started watching after the first eps

dude man its juss not nuff advertisin...sheesh they always hsow the practice, why not alias?....and abc is a good network..good shows and good reception :lol:

definately not enough advertising, i started watching the show during the first season and i missed several bc i didn't know anything about it, i only caught up bc of the marathon over new years

i think it's a combo of bad time slot and not enough advertising. i love ALIAS on Sundays, but it could do better on a different night. like wednesdays, that's a really slow night. or even mondays, also a really slow night. for tv that is. but then if they moved it to another night they may lose many of their sunday night viewers. so here's what i propose, they put ALIAS on twice a week. sunday, and another night. heck, even thursday night against, well everything. i would certainly enjoy that myself. but i'd still watch it sunday, cause otherwise i'd have to avoid the boards here until after the thursday night ep. and i just couldn't do that.

i watched the bachelor last night and i think that there was either 2 or 3 alias promos shown which is good cause im pretty sure that alot of people watched the bahcelor premire

I thnk that lots of little kids that watched the wonderful world of disney went to bed and don't watch alias. Hpefully w/ ten 8 some more of thise fans will stick around for alias

ya i at first i put bad time slot and i voted for that but now that i think about it i never knew alias used to excist b 4 my friend told me so theres not e nuff advertising. i mean i wish they would have been more so i could of season 1 (although i have it on DVD) when it first airred so i think that its a combo but mostly because not e nuff advertising.

~lauren

berry_kyoote_spy88 said:
i dont care if the ratings are high or low the show kicks ass thats all that matters go alias
well you might care to your if the shows gets canceled cause of low ratings. networks dont care about how good the show is or how many awards it gets. all they care about is ratings. if it doesn't get good ratings it gets canceled. alias barely got a third season cause its ratings are low.

Though I chose bad time slot - I think it's a combination of a bad time slot, not enough advertising, and too complicated. Until I started watching Alias (and that was only b/c JG is from the same place I'm from) I NEVER watched tv on Sun. night. Secondly, now that I have actively been looking for Alias commercials / promos - I realize how little advertising there is compared to the rest of ABC's shows. And finally, it is a difficult show to follow or get into. I was trying to explain it to my cousin the other day (who is a reasonably intelligent college grad) and I realized how confusing of a show it really is.

WV_Mountaineer said:
Though I chose bad time slot - I think it's a combination of a bad time slot, not enough advertising, and too complicated. Until I started watching Alias (and that was only b/c JG is from the same place I'm from) I NEVER watched tv on Sun. night. Secondly, now that I have actively been looking for Alias commercials / promos - I realize how little advertising there is compared to the rest of ABC's shows. And finally, it is a difficult show to follow or get into. I was trying to explain it to my cousin the other day (who is a reasonably intelligent college grad) and I realized how confusing of a show it really is.
luckily i heard that this season will be alot eaiser for new veiwers to understand and to be able to catch up with so hopefully that will help

I put lack of advertising. While I live in the UK, I hardly ever saw any advertisements for it.

Also, with the first series on normal TV, it was shown at 5:30 PM on Saturday.

i saw the ratings for "the two" and their not good. the thing i have to blame is 10-8. i watched it and its a bad show. lots of people may start watching it but the show drags on and its not good. so by the time its over it has less viewers then it started with so that means less people to stay around for Alias. so id have to say that right now its alias' time slot thats causes the ratings problem

Back