Alias to move to Thursdays

AgentDesertRose said:
I swear to follow "Alias" everywhere. I am not letting the show down.

I am so f*cking angry at ABC right now. That is the worst time ever. It is the most competitive time slot on television. And it's also going against the OC (unless Fox moves that, which I hope they do, especially for Alias' sake). WHYYYYYYYYYYYA?????????!??////// <---angry. :hmm: Why can't they keep it on Wednesdays? It's been doing so well and it works really well after Lost.
[post="1347044"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

FOX announced their lineup for next year today. The OC will remain in its current time slot next year. This is really disappointing for me, I got so many people to watch ALIAS this year but I'm certain they'll all watch the OC over Alias. I would be surprised if ALIAS didn't take a considerable hit next year, especially without LOST as a lead-in.

On a side note, is anyone else concerned that the earlier time for ALIAS could give the network another excuse to dumb down the plots?

I'm worried about it being up against Survivor. I'm an avid fan of Survivor and watch it every season.

But I'm sticking with ALIAS. We'll just have to tape Survivor.

For some reason, the OC, just doesn't pose that big a threat to me. I don't really know anyone who watches it.

will alias also air on thrusdays on ctv, for me its not a problem cause I only watch ctv, but if alias goes off the air and stays on abc that would be horrible

Thursdays at 8/7 is competitive, but it is no longer what it once was, now that the Friends juggernaut is gone. It's Thursdays at 9/8 that contains the 800 lb gorilla of CSI (and it has given up its #1 spot many weeks this season). The reason that The OC and Alias and Smallville all moved there is that all their nets smelled blood--and opportunity. There's risk (sigh) of course, but also potential reward. I'm taking it philosophically. I'm glad to have another season. ;)
✌️

things like this just makes me shake me head in frustration, are they trying to sink alias....argh sorry if that seems harsh that's just me venting out my frustrations

On a side note, is anyone else concerned that the earlier time for ALIAS could give the network another excuse to dumb down the plots?

if that happens, then i think alias will lose another fan (that being me). i think the plots are already dumbed enough..alright no more alias bashing i still heart it

Im not lovin the new time spot but I think Alias will be save, but I hope that the OC and now smallville wont be too big of a threat but Im a fan of those shows too gotta figure out what to tivo

Wait, Smallville Alias and The OC at the same time. Sh*t everyone at my school either watches Smallville or the OC, some of my friends that I have gotten to watch Alias will stay (actually only one), but everyone else will follow The Oc or Smallville. I pledge to follow Alias anywhere.

Just as a side note: Last year Alias moved to Wensdays, so did my cheer practice, same hour too (thank god for DVTV) now cheer moves to Thursdays, AND SO DOES ALIAS. Freaky dude

you know what annoys me? like no offence to any of you guys, but be thankful that you have Alias... I mean in heaps of countries (australia being one of them) we haven't got season 4 yet! hell, some countries haven't even got season 3!

I mean at least you guys have Alias to complain about...

all we have to complain about is when the hell we're going to get Alias

this wasn't directed at anyone in particular, I promise, it just annoys me

I hate abc right now because Alias fit perfectly after Lost. they are my 2 favorite shows, but i will watch it at whatever time and day it is on.

AliasFan10 :angry:

I don't really like the Thurday night thing. I like 2 watch the o.c but it is no competition compared to alias! I guess it dosen't really matter what any of us think but it still makes me mad. i liked to watch Lost b4 Alias it got me all hyped up!
I'll deal with it though! :D

I must say, I am not happy about ABC moving Alias yet again. But, Thursday nights have been so dull for me since Friends went off the air that it gives me something to look forward to now. I don't care what's on opposite Alias, I would follow it anywhere (or at least my DVR would).

I hope that the network also realizes that it has to go up against the oc on thursdays. The oc has alot of viewers and it is really tough to beat them. I will still watch alias but i think that this is a very big mistake for the network. I believe that alias was perfectly fine on wednesdays

I like the O.C. but I would pick Alias over it anyday! But I'm worried about alias because the O.C.'s big competition and gets better ratings :(
I'll have to convince my sister that we should DVR alias and not the o.c. though!!

Hey fans, how you can cry because of change of time? In my country wasn't ALIAS in TV yet. I know it just from net. :thinking:
Is it problem to record it?? :blink:

you know what annoys me? like no offence to any of you guys, but be thankful that you have Alias... I mean in heaps of countries (australia being one of them) we haven't got season 4 yet! hell, some countries haven't even got season 3!

I mean at least you guys have Alias to complain about...

all we have to complain about is when the hell we're going to get Alias

this wasn't directed at anyone in particular, I promise, it just annoys me

Well said Juju :P

::glares in general direction of ch.7::

The only thing i feel might hurt the show is that it's @ an earlier time so they might have to change the show.

As far as the competition I don't understand why everyone is freaking out about...

American Idol- 25 million viewers
Where as Survivor gets only like 19 million

West Wing got roughly 11 million
While Joey and Will and Grace only get 10 million

King of Queens and Yes Dear got 9 million
Where O.C. got only 6 million

Stacked was getting 9 million
While Smallville gets only gets 4 million

So the people who think that Thursdays have more competition YOUR WRONG

For the complete list of TV show ratings go to: http://www.abcmedianet.com/pressrel/index.html ;)

I'm definately going to be watching Alias every Thursday but does my "viewing" count if I videotape it? because I'm at church until 9. I usually tape The OC, but I'd rather help Alias right now.

Back