And if it was . . . true

Sophie

in love
Author : Sophie
Genre : romance
Rating : PG, maybe PG-13 ?
Disclaimer : I don’t own any of the characters. What a surprise ?! :lol: They belong to JJ Abrams . . . I won’t make the list, I think you know !
A/N : This is my first fic ! I read lots of fanfics and I wanted to try to make one ! And suddenly (at 02:00 AM) I had an idea ! So I began to write it ! I don’t think I have the “art” of writing (there are talented writers here, I can’t and I won’t try to compete with them !)
Sorry if I make mistakes (I’m sure I will) because I don’t know all the American expressions and vocabulary yet ! You can tell me if I’m wrong or if there are better words, you can also give me advices !
If you have any idea, and if you think it could be included in the story, PM me (put the title of the fic as the subject) because if it’s interesting, I will probably use it and I don’t want the readers to know what will happen !
Tell me what you think of my fic : whether you like it or not ! I want the truth ! I’m open-minded ! ;)

Sentences in italics are thoughts.
*~*~* means a scene change.

Enjoy !! :D

Chapter 1

Sydney felt herself weaken all of a sudden. She felt a strong heat overcome her, as if she was at the edge of hell. Her whole body seethed.
What could provoke this unexpected state close to fainting fit ?
It was not the period of the month, neither a heatwave which beat down on the region, nor the consequences of a session of sauna !
With still the same thought which crossed her mind, she decided to get up and to try to cool down. As she headed for the bathroom, she opened the windows in order to let penetrate the most air as possible in her apartment.
She began to run herself a bath of water lightly cold. As she started taking her clothes off, the phone rang.
For a thousandth of seconds she wanted not to pick up, but this thought was quickly regained by the guilt feeling which was telling her that it could be something important.
After two rings, she ran towards the kitchen to get the phone.
What’s the point having a cordless phone if it’s to let it in one room ?

“Hello !” said Sydney as she was clearing her throat.

“Hello, Syd, it’s Fran !”

“I know it’s you, the number is displayed !”

“Yeah, matter of habit !” replied Francie. “Anyway, I don’t call you for this ! I hope that you could come to the rest…”

“…Hold on a second Fran, I’m getting another call !” cut off Sydney.

“Ok, I wait !”

“Hello ?”

“Joey’s pizza !” said a warm voice.

“Sorry, wrong number !”

No, she didn’t want to think of this AGAIN !!

“Fran ?”

“Yes, I’m still here !”

“Sorry, phone call of the…Oh felgercarb, the bathtub !!!” shouted Sydney.

“Huh ?!” said Fran, astonished.

“Fran, I got to go or there will have a flood ! See you !”

“Ok, see you Syd !” replied Fran, but Sydney had already hung up.

Sydney threw out the phone which fell on the sofa. She run as fast as possible towards the bathroom and turned the faucet off. Few more minutes and she could plan to do again the spring-cleaning.

“And felgercarb ! The day begins well !” she told herself out loud.

She went to her room so as to put more professional clothes.
What would he think if he could saw me in this ?

After she had slipped other clothes, shutted the windows, put the phone back on its support, switched on the answering machine, Sydney took her purse and opened the door.

As she got in her car, the heat started to overcome her again.

*~*~ Arrived at the warehouse ~*~*

His car was already there.

She remained seated for a moment and didn’t even noticed it has been raining cats and dogs for the last 10 minutes, so much lost in her thoughts.

She got out of her car and raised her head towards the sky. Standing under the downpours which was beating her face, she felt eventually the heat eased.

*~*~ Inside the warehouse ~*~*

He went around and around, waiting for her.

What is she doing ? She doesn’t need so much time to come usually !

Vaughn took his cellphone and dialed Syd’s number. But no answer, her phone was off.

After 45 minutes since the first call, he decided to go back to the CIA headquarters. He took the documents that he was supposed to show to Sydney, switched off the light and walked towards the door. He could hear the driving rain falling on the ground outside.

He opened the door and saw Syd’s car. Surprised, he went up to it. He watched by the driver window and didn’t see anything. He went around it. When he arrived on the passenger side all he could do was scream :

“SYDNEEEEYYYYYY !!!!!!”

TBC
----------

Generally when I read a cliffhanger I don’t like ! But write one it’s different !

I don’t really like what I wrote but :hmm: . . . If you guys like it (I don’t think so !), I’ll continue !
If you really want me to, I’ll PM those who reviewed, but I don’t know when I write the next instalment and when I post it (still in reviews !)

I’m so happy today coz this is my 100th day on AA and my 2000th post ! :woot:
I also learned that I have a summer job, and that I was accepted in college (not exactly what I wanted but ! I still have other options, so I’ll see !!)

I like it Sophie! I'm a bit confused, but thats normal for a first chapter. Congrats on the acceptance! I didn't know you were old enough for college! :hug:

See ya my sista!
Dani

sophie keep writing! i love it sooo much! you have to keep writing! you write in such good english!!!!! i need more.. lmao .. keep going!

yes please continue!! this is a great start and cant wait to for more! oh yeah congrads on getting into college and your new job!!

Sophie said:
thank you all, I'll continue I think !
U better continue!!

i thought it was a great first chap, I wanna know whats happened 2 syd!! I think cliffhangers rock, they always leave me wanting more! Keep it up chicken! :D

WOWSERS! if it ur 100th day here, its mine 2!! YAYNESS! dunno wot i did online before i came on this site! lol, :balloons: happy 100th day 2 me and soph! LOL! :balloons:

Love Loz

That was great, Soph! And your english was so good! Evil cliffhanger, though. Congrats on the job, and write more soon!
-pichoune!

yay! my aqua M&M!!! I love the story!!! please continue!!!!! and yeah it is more fun to write cliffhangers than to read them! lol! and congrats on job and college!!

Hey, Sophie! This is great, I love cliffhangers because it makes me want to read more although i have to wait... I'm anxious for more!!!! Keep it coming!!!

WOW Sophie, your english is Awesome, I tried to write an English Fic, but I cannot, It´s very dificult (for me) I only write Jag FF and in Spanish :blush:

Continue Please, And Congratulations for the college ;)

~Natalia~

Sophie!!!! you're finally attempting one!!!!! wow. really really great. for your first, and for english being your second language. awsome. continue. Can't wait to see what you're going to do.
--Mandy :angelic:
p.s. btw it's answering machine not answerphone, and i think your last line, you meant 'all he could do was scream' not screaming. but other than that. i see absolutly no mistake. great job :D

Back