Bad news for ALIAS...

alias:kate_jones said:
Ok...this article was printed in this week's TV guide...

"Is Syd Pregnant, Too?
Don't expect Sydney Bristow to be with child when ALIAS kicks off its fifth (and likely final) season next fall. Despite Jennifer Garner's rumored pregnancy, series creator J.J. Abrams hints that art will not imitate life for her dexterous alter ego. 'If she is pregnant.' Abrams says coyly, 'I think what [we] would do is employ close-ups significantly more often than wide shots.' And if that doesn't hide her bulge, I spy lots of really big purses in Syd's future."

Okay, so the pregnancy thing is old news (although still unconfirmed)...but what is freaking me out is the litttle, seemingly innocent three words "and likely final". WTF is that??? Somebody please help me right now...I need to be able to breathe....tell me it's a lie!!! I thought we were looking at 7 seasons, not 5...??!!
[post="1364373"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I wish i could reasure you( and myself as well) but i can't. I've heard that too and it doesn't look good. I've heard the same and thing and, not to freak you out further, i heard that the 5th season might not air till 2006. I also heard that after Jen has her baby she might not want to come back. Isn't that alfawl!? Alias cut down went it's doing so well. It's like J.J. doesn't care. What with Lost and everything else that he's doing, i think he's forgotten what's important. I was hoping for seven too.

sd6452 said:
Yeah, but they don't want more Alias!  That's the whole point of moving it to Thursdays at 8.  If it gets low ratings, ABC can go, "Oh low ratings, now we can cancel it".  Ok maybe that's not exactly it, but I had that same problem with another show I used to love.  I think Wednesdays at 10 is a great idea!  And it would still be on after Lost.
[post="1369140"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Actually, moving it to Thursday's is ABC's way of trying to get ratings out of a timeslot that has usually been NBC's. Now that Thursday nights a vulnerable they are pouncing... although I agree, Alias is probably not the best show for them to try and be competative with.

Five seasons is good with me. I think JG is ready to focus on other things; she's got momentum now for a movie career, and hanging on to a TV show for another three seasons means either giving up that chance at a big screen career - which if that's what she wants, I hope she goes for it - or having a killer schedule which doesn't allow much time for the new baby.

And from the perspective of the show itself, I agree with those who said 5 seasons seems just about right. I think if they tried to go on longer it would just get bad, as they came up with worse and worse ways to keep shaking things up. Five seasons is a full run for any series - sure the greats go to 7, 8, or more, but 5 is perfectly respectable.

I honestly think Alias shouldn't end so soon. I would be satisfied with 6 seasons. And I would be very happy with 7 seasons. If the 5th season will be the last season they should cast Bradley Cooper, David Anders and Melissa George as regulars. Oh, and don't forget Mia Maestro. I will be really sad if she'll be only in 3 episodes as has been said. Luckily it's not completely certain so there's hope.

Sadly (for Alias, that is), with Kitchen Confidential, there's no way Bradley Cooper will be back as a regular. I have to wish him well in his current projects (actually, considering the current state of sitcoms, KC doesn't sound half bad ...).

It would be nice to see more of Mr Sark, and I truly expect to. ;)

From what i have read and heard, it does seem that alias might end in it's fifth season. But up to nearly five i don't feel satisfied for it to end yet. There are so many plot lines hanging and just waiting to be explained. The thurs timelsot may be a killer but why would ABC put Alias into that NBC dominated slot of 8.00pm. The kids are still up and alias last season wasn't excatly pleasant in the violence retrospect (which i loved anyway). JJ mentioned that he approaches each season that this may be it. I'm going with his view and look what's happened...it's lasted 5 seasons. I really don't want it to end but i think time is up and if they dont answer all my questions AGHHH i'm going to be very upset. I have to stay i don't think ABC wants to upset golden child JJ Abrams by getting rid of ALias to soon...

sarksaussie

sarksaussie said:
The thurs timelsot may be a killer but why would ABC put Alias into that NBC dominated slot of 8.00pm.
[post="1407198"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
I would consider Thursday's at 8:00 to be a CBS dominated timeslot with "Survivor", only one of the most watched shows on television. I don't want to sound like a voice of doom and gloom, but "Alias" is going to have a hard time capturing new viewers at that day and time.

I think it's possible for this to be Alias's last season, considering that Jennifer Garner is not only pregnant, but she's gonna want to take time off anyway once she has the baby. I hope soooooo much that it's not, but in the words of Vaughn and Sydney "Always Be Prepared"
Maybe after this season she will take time off and then come back? I dont know all i know is that i will be totally devastated if the show ends!!!!

I LOVE ALIAS!!!!

[fixed color/font markup ~ v]

nooooooo alias must go for 6 years. that will mean i grew up with it literally. 7th grade till my senior year lol see im such a loser. i love the show soo much.

Back