Breathe No More

mish u suck up.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but we love u tooooooooooooo gabs!!!!!!
i didnt evn mind the vaughn bit. wats happeneing 2 mmeee?? lol, wats up wid sarks old fashioned sayings?? tho i suppose they r kinda "romantic". plz plz plz plz add us 2 ur p,m list!!!!!!!!!!

dont' "lol" us missy!!!!! we know ur evil plan 2 hav the most posts [hey, i ryme!!] all we can say is.......DON'T BOTHER!!!!!!!
mwahahahaha!!!!!!! **eviiiiiiiiill laugh**
:starwars: we gonna beat u

Chapter 5

Don't say I’m out of touch
With this rampant chaos - your reality
I know well what lies beyond my sleeping refuge
The nightmare I built my own world to escape
~Evanescence, Imaginary

Will was waiting anxiously when she got home, appearing by her side as soon as he heard the door open.
“Are you ok Syd? You were gone for almost two hours.” Sydney looked startled, turning to find a clock.
“I’m sorry Will, I didn’t realize how long it had been.” As she spoke, she made her way over to the couch and dropped into it.
“Well, that was either a really, really good run… or I’m missing something.” Will gave her a pointed look as he sat down next to her.
“I saw Sark… and Vaughn.”
“Vaughn? I told him not to go after you.”
“Guess he didn’t quite listen.”
“Do you want to talk about it?” Will asked haltingly.
“Will, you are wonderful... but I don’t want to be such a burden. And besides,” she continued, cutting off his protest, “I know it must be hard to just listen to all of this,” she concluded, subtly steering the conversation back to what it had been earlier that evening. She could see it in his eyes; he knew exactly what she was getting at.
“Yes, it is hard, I’m not going to deny it. Syd, I love you, and you know that. But I just want you to be happy. I’m not the one who can make that happen… and I’m ok with that. I’ve come to accept it. After two years without you, I’m just happy to have my best friend back.”
“Thank you,” Sydney said quietly.
“You’re welcome… now it’s your turn. Talk,” he ordered light-heartedly. She smiled briefly, and explained to him all that had taken place since she ran out earlier.
“Ok… and what, you can’t decide between Sark and Vaughn?” she shook her head emphatically.
“That’s not it, at all… Vaughn’s married Will, I won’t come between that.”
“So what’s the dilemma?” Sydney stared at him thoughtfully, but before she could formulate a response, the doorbell rang. She and Will exchanged cautious looks.
“I’ll get this one,” Will said. Sydney listened carefully as he went to the door.
“Eric?”
“Hey Will… Syd’s here, right?”
“Yeah, why?”
“Can I see her?”
“Uh…” Before Will could turn him away, Sydney put in an appearance.
“Eric, what are you doing here? It’s almost midnight… don’t tell me you’re just getting out of work.” He shrugged.
“You know how it is… no rest for the weary. Or something.”
“Want to come in?” Sydney asked.
“Oh, no… I know it’s late, I just wanted to stop by to see how you’re doing.”
“You came all the way out here at this time just for that?”
“Yeah… why? That a problem?”
“No, not at all… it was very sweet of you. Thanks.” Weiss gave her a smile.
“You don’t have to thank me. It’s what friends are for, right?”
“Well, as your friend, I’m ordering you to go home and get some sleep.” Weiss pretended to be hurt.
“Syd, friendship isn’t about ordering people around.” She gave him a gentle shove, and he laughed as he walked back out to his car. With a quick wave, he was gone.
“He’s a great guy,” Will observed.
“Yeah he is. Did you two keep in touch at all?”
“A little bit, yeah. We’d call each other up every so often, that was about it.”
“I think I’m going to make some tea…want some?” Will shook his head.
“Nah… I’m headed to bed now.” Sydney gave him a look.
“Please tell me you didn’t just stay up because of me…” Will shrugged lightly.
“I was worried.”
“You didn’t need to be… but thank you.”
“Night Syd.” They went their separate ways then, with Will retreating to his bedroom as Sydney wandered into the kitchen. She leaned back and closed her eyes as she sipped the smooth French Vanilla liquid. Suddenly, a memory was sparked.
She was sitting at a large desk, sipping a cup of tea. Sark sat across from her, simply watching her grade papers.
“Ready to leave, Adam?”
“Whenever you are, love.” She smiled at him as he took her hand and led her out.

Sydney sat there rigidly, staring into her tea as though it could peer into the future… or perhaps the past. She quickly stood and walked outside, and was somehow less than surprised when Sark approached her moments later. She stared at him, not saying a word, waiting for him to speak first.
“What is it?” he finally questioned.
“I was a teacher?” She raised an eyebrow, and saw hints of a smile playing at the corners of his mouth.
“A substitute, actually, at a school near Bern.”
“So we were in Switzerland?”
“In the month before you disappeared, yes.”
“And the months before that?” Sark gave her a look.
“You know I won’t tell you.”
“Damn it, Adam, why not? This is my life we’re talking about; don’t you think I deserve to know?”
“Of course I do, Sydney, and you should know I’d like nothing more than to fill in all the blanks. But it’s too much to take in all at once. It would cause you too much grief to try fitting it all together right now. That’s why I keep saying you need to remember on your own.” Sydney stared at him before looking up to the stars.
“Between grief, and nothing… I’ll take grief.”
“I know you would, and I understand…”
“Evidently you don’t, Adam. If you truly did, you would tell me what I need to know.”
“I will not tell you everything,” he began, holding up a hand to silence her, “but I will tell you where we were.” Sydney nodded slowly.
“Ok. It’s a start, at least.”
“Keep in mind, I don’t know your whereabouts for the year and a half before what I’m about to tell you. The first two months, we were in Germany- mostly Munich, with a few excursions out to Frankfurt, Heidelberg, and Berlin. The next four months were split between England and Ireland, and then into Switzerland for the last month.”
“Thank you, Adam.”
“You’re welcome. I know it’s not much to go on, but it’s a start.”
“It is. You said you don’t know anything about the year and a half or so before that?”
“Correct.”
“But you know of someone who might.” He looked slightly startled, but nodded.
“Yes.”
“Who might that be?” He gave her a look, and she sighed lightly.
“Irina Derevko.”

“You’ve been dreaming about me?”

Oh, you mean aside from the fact that you’re sitting here kissing an internationally wanted terrorist who escaped from CIA custody nine months ago?”

HAHAHAHA I just had to laugh at those parts, gabs!! lmao!!
Wow, :blink: I'm reading a Syd/Sark fic. Lol, OMG Irina's coming!!! Let's go find spymommy!! Adam! haha, I still like steve tho ;)

Greatness and thanks for the updates!! :lol:

Chapter 6

They took you away from me but now I'm taking you home
I will stay forever here with you, my love
The softly spoken words you gave me
Even in death our love goes on
~Evanescence, Even in Death

“Ok… so my mother knows. Does that mean I was with her before you?” Sydney questioned, smiling apologetically as Sark gave her another one of his looks.
“First of all, I didn’t say she knew; I said she might know. Very different things. And secondly, you ought to know by now that even if I were certain of where you were for that first year and a half, I wouldn’t tell you.”
“I know… I’m sorry. But you think it would be worthwhile to try to track her down?”
“I’m sure it would be more than worth it. Even if she knows no more than I do, she may be able to help you in ways that I can’t, having been in a cell for so much of that time. Additionally, your mother is an amazing woman; she may know of some method to perhaps help you regain some of those lost memories.”
“I hadn’t considered that,” Sydney said thoughtfully.
“I don’t know for sure that it’s possible, it was simply a thought.”
“But one well worth looking into,” Sydney added.
“Yes… tomorrow.” She shot him an incensed glare, and he raised an eyebrow.
“May I remind you that it’s after one in the morning? You’ll be needing your rest if you’re to undertake such an ambitious venture as this.”
“Do you always have to be right?” Sydney demanded. Sark thought about that for a moment.
“Yes.”
“Oh joy.” She turned and was about to head into the house when something occurred to her. “Adam… what if it never happens?”
“What never happens?”
“You know exactly what I mean. What if I never get my memory back?”
“We’ll handle that if the need arises.”
“We?” Sydney repeated softly. Sark stared at her, his gentle eyes seeming to read deep into her soul, before he nodded slowly.
“Yes, we. Sydney, I will not leave you to face this alone, I promise you that. As long as you need me, I will be here for you. Understand?” She nodded, simultaneously smiling and trying to blink back tears. He watched her struggle for a moment before stepping forward and offering shelter in the comfort of his arms. She gratefully sank into him, allowing herself to be soothed by his soft voice and strong hands.
“Thank you,” she whispered.
“No need,” he said softly.
“I mean… for everything. For understanding what it is I need, as compared to what I want… for knowing the right words and actions… for having all the answers, and even for not letting me have them. It’s just… nice to know there’s someone on my side.”
“I can certainly understand that sentiment,” Sark replied quietly. Sydney slowly pulled away, just enough to look at him.
“I don’t know much about you.” She paused, then quickly amended her statement. “Or do I?”
“No… no, you really don’t.”
“We’ll have to change that someday,” Sydney decided.
“And we will, just as soon as everything that’s going on now has been resolved.” He then took a step back, leaving only his hands on her shoulders. “But before any of that, you need to go get some sleep.” She smiled tiredly.
“Ok. I’ll… well, I’m sure I’ll see you soon.”
“Naturally.” He watched as she disappeared into the house, sighing to himself as the door shut quietly. “Goodnight, love,” he whispered, returning to the car he’d parked down the street.

“Will, I hate to cut this so short…”
“Aw, Syd, don’t tell me you’re giving up on me here! We haven’t even been going that long… and it’s just past noon!”
“I know, but I have to get going. I’ve got work to do,” she said apologetically as their jog slowed to a walk.
“Work? Like, CIA stuff?”
“No. I’m done with them, at least for now… maybe forever.”
“So what are you doing?”
“Important stuff. I’m looking for answers in places they may not exist… but I have to try.” Will stared at her blankly.
“Ok… not only was that creepy and cryptic, but it was incredibly evasive as well.” Sydney laughed.
“Sorry Will… but there are some questions that just don’t have answers.”
“More enigmatic talk… are you picking that skill up from Sark?” She looked at him, startled, and he laughed. “Well that was a ‘deer caught in the headlights’ look if I ever saw one…”
“Yeah, well, think whatever you want, Tippin. I’ll probably be home pretty late tonight; don’t wait up, or I’ll kick your ass.” He grinned.
“Has anyone ever told you how sweet you are?” She smacked his arm and pushed him to continue jogging.
“Only all the time.” With a quick smile, she rerouted herself towards home as he kept on the path going away.
Sydney raced home and took a quick shower before walking out to her car, wondering where to go. She had no idea where to begin in a search for her mother, but also knew she wasn’t going it alone. Finally, she tucked the keys into her purse and began walking towards the park. A gut instinct told her that was where she could find the help she needed.
Sure enough, as she approached the area a short time later, she immediately spotted Sark sitting on the same bench he’d occupied that night.
“I’d wondered when you would show up,” he noted nonchalantly.
“You know that sounds vaguely stalkerish, right?” he shrugged.
“I’ve been called worse.”
“I can only imagine…”
“It’s not safe for us to be seen together… rather, it’s not safe for me to be seen at all.”
“Then we’ll keep it short. I just… I can’t even figure out what to do first.”
“I think you know exactly what to do, Sydney, you’re just looking for confirmation.”
“Do I really?”
“Yes. Just follow your instincts… trust in love.” Before she could reply, he stood up, looking nervous. “It isn’t safe for me to be here.” He melted into the crowd of people, and she lost track of him moments later. She remained on the bench, considering his words.
Trust in love… but whose love? My mothers, his… mine? Suddenly, it hit her; she knew exactly where to go.
“Thank you Adam,” she whispered. Half an hour later, she had retrieved her car and was on her way to an area where small carnivals and fairs were once rampant. It was now abandoned, though some hints of days past still remained. It was there, amongst frail fences and memories, that Sydney caught sight of Irina Derevko.
“Mom?” she said hesitantly.
“Sydney,” Irina breathed softly. A full smile broke across her face, and moments later, Sydney found herself wrapped up in her mothers arms.
“I’ll take that as my cue to leave,” another voice said. Sydney looked over her mothers shoulder and sighted Sark.
“Adam?” she questioned.
“I told you, Sydney, I will be there for you as long as you need me. It just so happens that, at the moment, you don’t need me. I’ll find you later,” he said. Sydney smiled at him.
“Thank you… I find myself saying that a lot lately,” she noted. With an amused smirk, he turned and walked away. Sydney looked to her mother.
“You won’t give me direct answers either, will you?” she predicted.
“No. Sydney, Sark is right, you must find the truth yourself. It will do you no good to hear it from other people… especially two other people whom you’ve no real reason to trust.”
“I expected as much, and… I appreciate it. But there’s just one thing I have to know.” Irina nodded for her to continue. “Mom, do you know where Dad is?”
“All I know is that he also refused to believe you were dead. I don’t know where he is, but he’s out there somewhere, and he’s alive and well.” Sydney sighed in relief.
“Thank you… I needed to know that.”
“I know you did, sweetheart.”
“Is there a way to get my memories back?” Sydney questioned tremulously.
“Yes, I’m sure there are ways… but I’m not well acquainted with any of them,” Irina replied quietly. Sydney tried to hide her disappointment, but knew she had to have failed miserably.
“Sydney, I may not know of any now, but that doesn’t mean we won’t find them.”
“How do you do that?” Sydney asked in wonder.
“Do what?” a baffled Irina replied.
“Say something so simple, and manage to make everything seem ok again.”
“Must be a mother thing,” Irina said lightly.
“Yeah, must be.” Irina glanced away briefly, then met her daughters eyes again.
“I’ve heard about your Vaughn,” she remarked softly.
“He’s not mine anymore,” Sydney corrected, expecting to feel the usual shot to her heart. She felt nothing.
“And Adam?”
“I’m not sure… I know we were together, and he means something- a lot- to me.”
“But?” Irina pressed.
“But right now, I don’t know enough about him, about us… about myself to make any rational judgments. I just know I trust him, like I can tell him anything, and I don’t want to lose that. Ever.”
“You needn’t worry about that, darling… trust me.” Sydney looked around nervously, then turned back to her mother.
“It’s probably not safe for you to be here either, is it?”
“No, it isn’t. I’m still occupying an elevated spot on the CIA’s list.”
“Mom, if they catch you again…”
“I know, Sydney. I’m well aware of what would happen. But it was worth the risk. However, I should be going. I’ll see what I can find, and contact you once I know something.”
“Thank you, Mom.”
“I love you, sweetheart. Take care.” They tearfully went their separate ways.

Sark, meanwhile, had made his way back to Sydney and Will’s house. He was aware that Sydney wouldn’t be home yet, but something drew him there anyway. He lingered in the doorway for a while, trying to decide what to do. Finally, he chose to simply open the door and walk in. He heard the shower shutting of as he did so, and fervently hoped Will wouldn’t walk out naked. The door opened a moment later, and he saw Will with a towel wrapped around his waist. He shook out his wet hair as he stepped into the hallway.
“Syd, it’s just getting to be five. You said you’d be home la-“ he cut himself off as he noticed Sark.
“How’s your mouth?” Sark questioned casually. Will glared at him.
“It’s been what, three years? My teeth are all intact once again, thank you very little.”
“Good to hear.”
“I’m sure it is. What are you doing here?”
“Sydney lives here.”
“Does she really? I hadn’t noticed,” Will said venomously.
“Quite the temper you have, Mr. Tippin, though I’m happy to know you’re observant enough to have realized that Miss Bristow is living here once again.”
“Ok, are you here for a reason?”
“Of course I am. There’s a plan for everything.” Will rolled his eyes.
“Yeah, I think I see what your plan is in this case.”
“Care to enlighten me?” Sark queried.
“You’re here to drive me insane!”
“No… that’s simply an added perk.”
“Can I take it you’re waiting for Sydney to get back?”
“Well, it’s certainly not your vibrant personality that draws me in.”
“I give up!” Will growled, storming down the hall and slamming his door shut. Sark smirked and made himself comfortable on the couch. A short time later, Will emerged from his room, drying his hair with a towel. He flippantly ignored Sark as he made his way into the kitchen. He came back out a moment later, settling down at the table with a plate of food. Sark frowned, and searched for the TV remote. Will glanced over his shoulder as Sark turned the TV on.
“What are you doing?” Sark looked at him mildly.
“Well, Mr. Tippin, you’re not actually that fascinating; I was growing bored. Not that anything on TV will be much better…” Will shook his head and turned back to his dinner.
“Whatever.”
When 6:00 rolled around and Sydney still hadn’t appeared, Sark shut off the TV and stood up with a sigh.
“Bored?” Will questioned, carrying his plate into the kitchen.
“Quite,” Sark replied.
“Well, you could always leave.”
“No, that’s quite all right.”
“Worth a try,” Will mumbled as he went around his unwanted guest. He stopped dead in his tracks as Sark made his way into the kitchen.
“Now what?” he demanded.
“I’m hoping you have some good food here; I’m famished.” Will’s jaw dropped, but he refrained from saying anymore, reminding himself that this man was apparently good for Sydney. He almost jumped for joy as the phone rang, providing him a welcome distraction from Sark. For his part, the blonde merely watched Will run for the phone, and kept a silent eye on him as he answered. He frowned as he noticed the other man drop the phone, before he himself slid to the floor. Vaguely worried, Sark rushed to his side.
Will sat there, holding his head, refusing to speak. Annoyed, Sark grabbed the phone and held it to his ear.
“Repeat that,” he demanded.
“I’m sorry?” a masculine voice asked.
“You heard me. Repeat what you said.” There was a moment of hesitation before the voice came across again.
“Ok… I’m sorry to have to tell you, Mr. Tippin. Sydney Bristow is dead.”

OMG! again! wot happened? u can't leave it there! great chapter tho! u certainly know how to keep a person at the edge of their seat.
update soon! ...and sporky meese!

amisha
xxx

He heard the shower shutting of as he did so, and fervently hoped Will wouldn’t walk out naked.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
I WOULD HOPE THE SAME THING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

“How’s your mouth?” Sark questioned casually. Will glared at him.
“It’s been what, three years? My teeth are all intact once again, thank you very little.”
“Good to hear.”
“I’m sure it is. What are you doing here?”
“Sydney lives here.”
“Does she really? I hadn’t noticed,”
LAMO!!!!!!!! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. we luuuuuuuuuvvvvvvvv uuuuuuuu.
actually..WEEE LLUUUUUUUUVVVVVVVVV SSSSAAAAARRRRKKKKKKKKK!!!

Bored?” Will questioned, carrying his plate into the kitchen.
“Quite,” Sark replied.
“Well, you could always leave.”
“No, that’s quite all right

loooooollll. u r SUCH A JOKER!!!!!!!! i neeeeedddd more of this fic!!
i forgot 2 mention.....syd is dead??????? omehow i doubt it..but a fic of purely sark buggin will wouldnt be THAT bad.

han&gracie

Sydney dead? I refuse to believe that. Why don't we just say that Irina came back and Jack, Irina and Syd escaped in a big yellow bus heading towards Spokane.
Yes, I like that theory a lot better.

“Say something so simple, and manage to make everything seem ok again.”
“Must be a mother thing,” Irina said lightly.

Oh man I love my Irina!!!

“No, it isn’t. I’m still occupying an elevated spot on the CIA’s list
Yay! Irina's still #1 for most wanted!! :smiley:

“I love you, sweetheart. Take care.” They tearfully went their separate ways.
:( Just when I get a little Irina to enlighten my spirits...she goes away as quickly as she came :(

“No… that’s simply an added perk.”
LMAO!!!!!!!!! hahaha that's great.

Update soon! (I'll keep a lookout for yellow buses! :woot:

Back