Broken

WOW great writing as usual...cant wait for more...thanks for the PM...

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>MORE SOON PLEASE DONT MAKE US WIAT!!!!</span>

hey everyone!!!

update time!! here's the next chapter, i would have posted it sooner but i had to go over everything i wrote just to make sure there were no discrepencies (omg, did i spell that right???)

anyways, hope you like this!

Chapter Sixteen

She felt the approaching footsteps before she actually heard them. Wasting no time, she sprang to her feet, swallowing back the tears in her throat and steeling her reserve.

“Hello Sydney,” Irina Derevko greeted the daughter she had deserted 2 years ago.
Sydney fought to keep her expression impassive, not wanting to give her mother the satisfaction of knowing that she was rattled.

“I should have known that Sloane wouldn’t be doing this alone,” she replied coldly. “As difficult as it might be for you to believe Sydney, my motives aren’t exactly the same as Arvin’s. We’ve both been fascinated by Rambaldi and his work but for entirely different reasons, I assure you.”

Two women, looking so much alike on the outside, yet so entirely different on the inside, facing against each other. The thick silence inside Sydney’s cell was only disturbed when a tattooed guard appeared at the entrance, letting himself in. “Mr. Sloane would like to speak with you both of you, Ms. Derevko,” he said in his raspy voice.

Smiling pleasantly, Irina nodded. “Of course, untie the prisoner, she can’t be led out in shackles.” Nodding as he pulled the key from his pocket, the guard moved to stand in front of Sydney, unlocking her handcuffs…

Before gasping in surprise and collapsing on the ground.

Sydney’s mouth dropped open in shock as her eyes met her mother’s once again. In Irina’s hand was the knife she had stuck into the guards back, killing him instantly.

“There isn’t much time Sydney, I know you have questions, but truth takes times, and that is something we can’t waste.”

“You helped me escape,” Sydney said, remembering how they had worked together to render more guards dead or unconscious as Irina led them out of the building.

“Yes,” her mother replied, nodding. “It was never my intention to help Sloane in his quest, only to gain his trust so that I could be involved in whatever he did… it was my way of keeping you safe.” Irina’s eyes darkened as she spoke, sending a chill up her daughter’s spine.

“But Sloane became even more of a madman as he went on his Rambaldi quest… believing that you were a part of the prophecy was one thing, but he went behind my back and took you into custody, and that was something I would never forgive him for.”

Sydney swallowed hard, her mind still reeling. “What about Vaughn?” she asked, her voice almost a fearful whisper.
“Sweetheart, I know how much you wanted to go back to him, to let him know you were safe, but we had no choice.”

“No! You have to let me go back! My husband and my father… they need me! I will not let them think that I’m dead!” Sydney cried out in frustration to her mother.

Irina sighed heavily, her patience was waning thin, but she knew that she had to make her daughter understand this. “Sydney, I know how much you love them, but if you go back now, Arvin Sloane will just come back for you… and this time, he won’t make mistakes, he won’t hesitate to kill anyone in his way. Could you stand to lose them? Your family, your friends… would you put your unborn child at risk once again?”

The tears fell freely this time, her strength deserting her as the idea of a life without everyone she loved in it. “Mom, I’m not you, I can’t just fake my death and move on, I can’t-“ Her words trailed off, her mind almost completely shutting down.

“Sydney, listen to me, this is something you must do, for all our sakes, you aren’t alone in this, let me help you, I’m your mother, and I spent thirty years preparing for this, for once in your life, trust me.”

“I didn’t want to take your memories away Sydney, but I knew… from my own experience how hard it would be to live another life, knowing that everyone you love is mourning you and moving on. That’s why I put you under hypnosis, I led you to believe that you were someone else, a woman named Julia Thorne, who lost both her memory and her husband in a car accident.”

Sydney closed her eyes and shook her head, the tears spilling from her eyes. “You staged everything,” she whispered to no one in particular. Irina nodded, her eyes glistening with tears.

“Call it what you will sweetheart, but I did everything only because I wanted to protect you. The doctors, the nurses, even Deputy Clifford work for me, I needed to make you believe that there was nothing else for you otherwise you would have gone looking for your old life and led Sloane right to you.”

“You made me believe you were a woman named Amelia, you helped me put a new life together, you took care of me and my son…” Sydney spoke up. Irina smiled sadly.

“Yes, it was the first time in almost thirty years that I felt like a real mother again… but now, it’s time for me to give you back.”

Sydney looked up at her mother, her eyes a mixture of confusion and hope. “There’s one more thing I need to do sweetheart, and for this, I am so sorry, I love you Sydney.” And then Irina’s fist came crashing down on her daughter, rendering her unconscious once more.

Jack Bristow was not an emotional man by nature, at least he hadn’t been since his daughter was 6 years old. But walking around the place she had called home for the past four years after almost believing he would never see her again… it was almost too much for any man, even him, to take.

He stopped in front of the fireplace, his eyes resting on a candid photograph of Sydney and a young boy. “Vaughn is this…. is this…” he trailed off, unable to continue.
Vaughn, who had been tense and rigid for the past 3 hours, broke off the hole he was boring onto the floor to look up when his name was called.

When he saw the object in Jack’s hand, his features softened slightly, and a lump formed in his throat. He recognized the look on his father-in-law’s face, it was one he had worn quite a number of times in the past few days.

Taking the photograph from Jack, he grazed his fingers against the colored snapshot and nodded. “This is Matthew… your grandson,” he murmured. The muscle in Jack’s jaw twitched and he turned away.

His cell phone rang a minute later, startling all four men in the room who had been mostly silent as they waited for further instructions from Sydney’s mother. “Hello?” Jack answered in his usual flat manner.

“Hello Jack, how are you?” came the reply. Not wasting time with fake pleasantries, he forged ahead. “Where the hell is my daughter?” he demanded, his voice deathly low.

“She’s safe, the same way I’ve kept her for the past four years,” Irina replied, her tone even.
“I’ll ask you again, where… is… she,” Jack repeated, the fury he felt seeping into his words this time.

There was a tense pause between them, but when they spoke again, Irina’s voice was twinged with a hint of sadness. “I’ll tell you what you want to know, but I have one condition… only Agent Vaughn may go to her.”
Jack’s expression darkened. “If this is another attempt on his life I swear I’ll-“

“She’s in an abandoned building on the outskirts of Rivendale, alongside the highway, you won’t miss it. And Jack, if I wanted to kill Agent Vaughn, he would have been dead a long time ago. Make sure you hold up your end of the bargain.” There was a click on the other end, signaling that she had already hung up.

Jack turned to Vaughn, his face stoic. “It’s time we got Sydney back.”

yay!! an update and it was amazing!! i love stories when irina is all motherly and stuff :smiley: i love how you portrayed her :smiley:

why only agent vaughn??? hmn that interests me :D

thanks for the pm!

OMG!!
Just read this whole fic!!
and wow, very twisting plot but also intriguing!!
and love the way you write irina!! i'm so glad that she's nice and that syd is back!!
great job and update soon.
and pm me please!
and fantastic job!!

:blink: :thud: she did everything! ah ya! (in a chinese way) but that is so .... :blink: :thud: *speechless*
--Mandy :angelic:

Back