Confessions Of A Broken Heart

A/N
new chapter
enjoy your day and sorry for no review replies just didn't have time

Chapter Ten
Because of You

Vaughn’s POV

I gently start attacking her neck with small butterfly kisses. I savour her creamy skin and with each kisses I taste her unique scent of Vanilla. I bury my head into the crook of her neck and I sigh.
“You know if you keep doing that I’m never going to choose a song for Rock Eisteddfod.” She giggles to me.
“True.” I say attacking her neck again.
“Seriously, I have to perform tomorrow and I don’t even have a song.” She says turning serious.
“Play me something.” I say to her softly into her ear and I gently pick her up and I sit on her Piano stool and with her sitting in my lap. She turns her head to look at me and she smiles. I wrap my hand around her waist leaving my hand at her stomach.
“You really wanna hear me play something?” She says, seriously.
“Yeah.” I say to her encouragingly.
“Okay. There are some songs I’ll never play because they are too personal to what happens around me, but I made a vow to myself that I won, which is highly unlikely, I’ll sing this song.” She says softly.
“And it looks like I get a sneak peek before everybody else.” He says smiling.
“Yeah but you’re probably going to be the only person to hear it.” She says, honestly.
“I highly doubt that.” I say to her proudly. “You’ve got the talent Syd, you can win you just need to start believing in yourself. And if it helps, I believe in you.” I say to her gently and encouragingly. I kiss her cheek softly.
“Thanks.” She turns to the Piano. “This is ‘Because of You.” She says softly. And she begins to play a moderately slow introduction which has me spellbound already.

I will not make the same mistakes that you did. I-I-I
I will not let myself; cause my heart so much misery.
I will not break; the way you did you fell so hard.
I’ve learnt the hard way to never let it get that far.

Because of you,
I never strayed to far from the side walk.
Because of you I learnt to play on the safe side, so I don’t get hurt.
Because of you,
I find it hard to trust, not only me but everyone around me.
Because of you,
I am afraid.

I lose my way and it’s not too long before you point it out.
I cannot cry, because I know that is weakness in your eyes.
I’m forced to fake, a smile, a laugh, everyday of my life.
My heart can’t possibly break, when it wasn’t even whole to start with.

Because of you,
I never strayed too far from the side walk.
Because of you,
I learnt to play on the safe side, so I don’t get hurt.
Because of you,
I find it hard to trust, not only me but everyone around me.
Because of you,
I am afraid.

I watched you die, I heard you cry every night in your sleep.
I was so young you should’ve known better than to lean on me.
You never thought of anyone else you just saw your pain
And now I cry in the middle of the night for the same damn thing.

Because of you,
I never strayed to far from the side walk.
Because of you,
I learnt to play on the safe so I don’t get hurt.
Because of you,
I try my hardest just to forget everything.
Because of you,
I don’t know how to let anyone else in.
Because of you,
I’m ashamed of my life, because it’s empty.
Because of you,
I am afraid.
Because of you, oohhh
Because of you. ooohhh mmmm

She sounded like a dream a beautiful dream her voice was sensational. And the words…It was everything she felt and you could tell. She was amazing.
“Syd…That was amazing.” I say to her breathless.
“Thanks.” She says turning to me and kissing me deeply. And then I felt wetness on my cheeks and I know they are her tears. I hold onto her tight. I know that song was like her diary and singing is voicing her ears and her emotions. The emotions she hasn’t even expressed to me properly.
“We’re going to get throught this. Shhhhh.” I say to her softly.
“I just wish it would all just go away. But I want to know why? Is that a lot to ask for, to want to know why?” She pleads to me.
“No. It’s not a lot to ask for and I promise you Syd one way or another we’ll get those answers.” I vow to her. I hold onto he tight and we stay like that for an hour. And then I realize the time.
“I should go, you need some rest, and you’ve got a big day tomorrow.” I say to her softly. I Pulls myself from underneath her and I kiss her on the lips goodnight and I walk out the door but she grabs my arm and stops me.
“Stay.” She says. It’s not a question it’s a request.
“Syd we…”
“Please.” She says softly. “I need you tonight.” She says gently and I give in. She already in her pyjamas heads for her bed and pulls back the covers. I pick up my cell and dial home.
(phone conversation)
“Hello.” My mother says sleepily.
“Maman, I’m not gonna be home tonight.” I say to her softly
“Why?” She says sounding worried.
“I’m staying with Sydney.” I say softly knowing how she will react.
“Michael, no, you’re coming home.” She says angrily.
“Maman svp.” (“Maman please.”) I say to her in French.
“Aucun Michael, vous êtes toujours un enfant.” (“No Michael, you’re still a child.”) She begs me, thinking the entire scenario’s she thinks we’ll get up to.
“Elle a besoin de moi et je l'aime.” (“She needs me and I love her.”) I say to her gently and I end the call.
(end of phone conversation)
I pull my t-shirt above my head and take off my jeans so I am left in my light blue cotton boxers. I get into bed next to Sydney and pull her into my chest with her back against me. I rest my hand on her stomach and I bury my head into the crook of her neck. I kiss her cheek and I close my eyes. And then came the screaming and yelling. Sydney suddenly jolts up and I hear Nadia run down the stairs. I make out the cries of Serenah and Jack. Jack he’s here. I feel Sydney start to shiver and go pale. She tries to get out of bed but I pull her back down with me and I hold her tight. I hear the sobs wracking through her body. It’s not worth seeing because there is nothing we can do. Nadia comes bursting into the room and she looks at me in shock no expecting me in her sister’s bed.
“Call the Police Nadia.” I say to her softly. She just nods and leaves the room. Sydney continues to sob and shake. I hold onto her tighter and I whisper to her in French. “Shhh. Tout va être bien. Chacun allant être bien. Rien allant arriver à toi. Je vais vous protéger. Il ne peut pas vous blesser, Je ne le laisserai pas. Je t'aime. Je t'aime. Je t'aime. Je t'aime, Sydney. Je t'aime.” (“Shhh. Everything is going to be alright. Everyone’s going to be alright. Nothing’s going to happen to you. I’m going to protect you. He can’t hurt you, I won’t let him. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you, Sydney. I love you”) I say whisper to her.

Sydney’s POV

To say I’m scared is the understatement. I’m as nervous wreck. I can’t believe I agreed to do this. I want to do this but I feel so nervous. What happened last night was not exactly the kick start I wanted. It helped having Michael there. Michael where is he. Just at the thought of him I feel his strong arms wrap around me for support. I smile and I turn around in his arms and kiss him tenderly.
“they’re all so good, I don’t stand a chance.” I say to him.
“You ten times better than them and don’t you try to tell yourself otherwise.” He says to me encouragingly. I hear the last girl sing the last line of her song and I know I am up.
“I’m up.” I say feeling so far away..
“You’ll do great.” He says to me softly smiling.
“Sydney, lets go.” Miss Adams beckons to me.
“Bonne chance. Je t'aime .” (“Good Luck. I love you.”) He says to me in French.
“l amour vous aussi .” (“l love you too.”) I say back to him in French. I step out onto the stage and for some strange reason the moment I see the audience and the judges my nervousness fades away. And I feel the exhilaration kick in. I hear the introduction of my song ‘The Trouble With Love Is.’ Kick in and I begin without a moments hesitation.

Ooooohhh
Oooohhhh ya
Mmmmm

Love can be a many splendid thing
Can't deny the joy it brings
A dozen roses
Diamond rings
Dreams for sale
And fairy tales
It’ll make you hear a symphony
And you just want the world to see
But like a drug that makes you blind
It’ll fool you every time

The trouble with love is
It can tear you up inside
Make your heart believe a lie
It's stronger then your pride
The trouble with love is
It doesn’t care how fast you fall
And you can’t refuse the call
See you’ve got no say at all

Now I was a once a fool it’s true
I played the game by all the rules
But now my world’s a deeper blue
I’m sadder but I’m wiser too
I swore I’d never love again
I swore my heart would never mend
Said love wasn’t worth the pain
But then I hear it call my name

The trouble with love is
Make your heart believe a lie
It's stronger then your pride
The trouble with love is
It doesn’t care how fast you fall
And you can’t refuse the call

Every time I turn around
I think I’ve got it all figured out
My heart keeps callin
And I keep on fallin
Over and over again
This set story always ends the same
Me standin in the pouring rain
It seems no matter what I do
It tears my heart in two

The trouble with love is (the trouble with love)
It can tear you up inside (it can tear you up inside)
Make your heart believe a lie (Make your heart believe a lie)
It's stronger than your pride
(The trouble with love is) It's in your heart it's in your soul
(It doesn’t care how fast you fall) You're losing all control
(And you can’t refuse the call)
The trouble with love is (Oooo.ya)
Make your heart believe a lie (the trouble with love..)

I finish and I am met with a deathening applause from the judges and the audience. I can’t help but smile broadly. The moment I get off stage I jump into Michael’s arms.
“I did it.” Was all I can say.
“You were excellent Sydney and if that doesn’t get you into the top 8, I’ll be spewing.” She says excitedly.
“All contestants would you please make your way to the stage so the top 8 can be chosen.” One of the judges says of the loudspeaker. I make my way onto the stage and one of the female judges got up to speak.
“Well this was a really tough decision as we have all seen some very talented singers tonight and I wish you could all win right now but unfortunately we had to make the tough decision on deciding who will go through to the top 8. If you don’t make it don’t be disheartened I believe that each and every one of you has a career and that you will go far. So without further ado…The following people are the top eight and will battle it out in the finals…”

~TBC

A/N
So will she make it, or won’t she that is the question. Both songs are Kelly Clarkson’s: Because of You and The Trouble With Love Is an I don’t own them in any way. I’m not French so I used the translator in MS word for that but do pick me up if it is wrong.

A/N
Thanks to rachel who is my beta for this. :hug:

Chapter Eleven
Out of The Blue

Sydney’s POV

I cross my fingers and I silently make a prayer. I hear the audience go deathly quiet and they all look like as if they’re holding their breaths. I close my eyes and open them again.

“The top 8 are: Daniel Surwaski, Joella Donohue, Daniella Hemmings, Ryan Gaurutti, Katie Melarouge, Mandy Smithers, Mark Striver and Sydney Bristow. Congratulations to you all, and we’ll see you next week,” she says, smiling at us and heads back to the judge's table. I couldn’t believe it. I felt like I was in a daze - that I didn’t even know where my legs were walking me to. I hear Miss Adams start to praise me.

“Well done, I’m so proud of you," she says, smiling broadly. I feel Vaughn’s arms envelop around me and Miss Adams leaves us alone. I turn in his embrace and throw my arms around his neck in excitement. He lifts me up off the ground and twirls me around. I can’t help but feel giddy from the laughter. He puts his hand to the small of my back and we walk out of the building only to be met with my friends tackling me.

“Oh my god Syd you were amazing!” Lisa says giggling as if she is on drugs.

“You made the top 8!” Francie yells at me. I feel the reality start to settle in what I have accomplished.

“I MADE THE TOP EIGHT!” I yell to the sky, and everybody laughs at me.

“See ya, Syd,” my friends say to me.
“Yeah, see ya tomorrow,” I wave to them. I sigh and I realize where I have to go and I know he’s not there. Even though he could be, I just can’t face Serenah. I just want to block it all out of my head but I know from the moment I walk into the front door of our home, I’m going to have to face it, as hard as it is. Michael must’ve felt my tension because he consciously held me tighter. I turn to face him.

“Come home with me?” I say to him softly. I fiddle with his shirt buttons.

“How 'bout you come home with me?” he asks me lifting my head up by my chin. I know I probably should say no and face the music but I can’t - not yet.

“Okay,” I say to him softly. He smiles and takes my hand and we head to his car. We drive to his place in silence. I place my hand on his leg while he is driving and lay my head on his shoulder. I sigh in contentment and I almost fall asleep.

“Hey, we’re here,” he says softly, stroking my cheek with the back of his hand. I lift my head up, give him a quick kiss, and I get out of the car and meet him on the other side, placing my hand in his. I smile at him and we walk through the front door of his house.
“Go upstairs and wait in my room," he says, "It’s the first door to the left. I need to talk to my Maman.” He kisses my forehead and I feel worried for him as I remember his conversation with her last night. Maybe I shouldn’t be here.

Vaughn’s POV

“Maman?” I call to her.

“Michael.” She says to me shortly and I follow the sound of her voice into the kitchen.

“I’m sorry, Maman. I know how you felt about it.” I apologize to her lightly.

“Then why did you defy me?” She says to me angrily.

“Because she needs me. She needed me,” I beg her to understand.

“Never mind, you slept with her! You are both too young,” she says, sounding stressed.

"Maman, nous n'avons fait rien, nous avons seulement dormi et c'est tout ce qui est arrivé. Vous ne vous fiez pas à moi?” [Mom, we didn’t do anything, we only slept and that is all that happened. You don’t trust me?] I say to her, my feelings hurt.

”Je me fie à vous, je seulement m'inquiète pour les deux de vous,” [I trust you, I only worry for the both of you], she says calmly.

"Elle est ici et passera la nuit. Maman, je l'aime et je promets que nous dormirons seulement . C'est ma chance prouver cela.” [She is here and she is spending the night. Maman, I love her and I promise we will only be sleeping. This is my chance to prove that.] I state to her.

“Ok, je ferai plus d’aliments. Mais, tu fais Sydney faire appeler sa mère pour voir si c’est bien,” [Ok, I’ll make more food. But make Sydney call her mother to see if it is alright,]she says calmly, "Si elle est bien avec cela, alors je suis bien avec cela.” [If she is alright with it, then I am alright with it.] She says smiling.

“Merci, Maman.” {Thanks, Mom,] I say, kissing her cheek.

Sydney’s POV

I realize I should let my Mamma know where I am so I pick up my cell and I dial home.

“Hello,” Serenah answers softly into the phone.

“Mamma, its Sydney,” I say back to her softly.
“Hey, sweetheart. Congratulations, I was there but had to leave right away because Sammy was causing a kafuffle. When are you coming home?” She asks me.

“That’s what I’m calling about. I’m not coming home tonight - I’m staying with Vaughn for the night. I know what you think, but don’t be worried. I just need him right now and we’re only sleeping and besides I’m not ready for that not after what happened with Shane,” I ramble to her sadly.

“It’s okay, I trust you. Be safe,” she says understandingly.

“You too,” I say to her, hanging up ending the call.

“Hey,” Vaughn says from the doorway behind me.

“Hey,” I say getting up and walking over to him, capturing his lips in mine in a tender kiss. “Did you talk to your mum?” I ask him curiously.

“Yeah and she said she’s cool as long as your mom is cool,” he replies casually.

“I just called her and she’s cool with it,” I say, smiling at him.

“Glad to hear it, because I hate going against my Maman,” he says honestly.

“I’m sorry if I caused you…”

“Don’t apologize. I don’t regret staying last night and Maman understands why now. She was just worried for us both that’s all,” he says, gently pulling me into a hug. I kiss his neck and slowly make my way up to his lips and I bring him backwards to the bed. I turn him around and made him sit down on the edge of the bed without once breaking contact with his lips. I straddle his lap and continue to kiss him hungrily. His hands are running up and down my back and then he tangles one of his hands through my hair. We continue to savor each other until my cell goes off. I pull back and groan to him.

“Great timing, whoever it is,” I grumble.

“Hello?” I snap.

“Sydney.” I hear his cold voice and I freeze. The fear kicks in. I feel the sweat trickle down my face. I turn away from Vaughn who is looking at me in concern. It can’t be - why would he call me?

~TBC

A/N
Expect the unexpected it aint who you think it is.

that was great
im glade she got into the top 8
i wanna know who it is on the phone, my first thought was Jack, but it might be Shane, oh well i guess i will have to wait to find out
thanks for the pm

Chapter Twelve
A Haunting Past

Sydney’s POV

(Phone Conversation)
“I need to talk to you, Sydney. I need you just the way we used to be. Just you and me.” His insane voice begs to me.

“Leave me alone.” I shout into my cell, begging for him to leave me alone and in peace. To leave me be, to not bring up the past. To just leave it all rest.

“Sydney, it’s okay to love me.” He says insanely. He’s crazy.

“No!” I yell at him and end the call.
(End of Phone Conversation)

I just stare at the phone in fear. After all these years he calls me like it was just yesterday that horror began.
“Syd.” Vaughn says breaking me out of my shock and the silence. “Who was that?” I just turn around to look at him. My eyes a re still wide from shock. I had temporarily forgot he was in the room. How can I answer this, with the truth? Because the truth means explaining and explaining leads to remembering what happened all those years ago, what I saw and what I felt. I’m not ready for that yet.

“It was Shane.” I say to him with a faraway voice. “He wanted me back again. He just doesn’t get it.” I say to him with tears streaming down my face and I fall into his arms.

“Lets run you a bath.” He says to me softly kissing my forehead. He leaves me with some space. I sigh in frustration.

“Sometimes a satisfying lie can do more good than the awful truth.” I whisper to no one in particular.

Vaughn’s POV

I swear to God that when I get my hands on Shane I’m gonna make him look so disfigured that when his Mamma sees him she won’t even recognize him. I hug Sydney tighter to my chest as we lay in bed. I kiss the side of her head and sigh in contentment. Then the nagging question, which has been hanging over me since last night, comes into my head and I know I have to ask.
“Syd.” I whisper to her softly. She rolls into my chest to face me.

“Yeah.” She says smiling at me.

“Why didn’t Nadia call the Police?” He asks tentatively. She looks at me and sighs.

“Because she was scared and didn’t want Dad to go to prison and nor do I so I’m glad she didn’t.” She says to me honestly.

“But Syd, he hits you and your mamma, how can you let him get away with that?” I say to her in disbelief.

“Because I think things may get better.” She says sighing in hope.

“Syd it’s been a year, it’s not going to get any better he is out of control and you know it.” I say to her rationally.

“Sometimes you’ve gotta have faith.” She says sighing.

“Yeah, and I agree with you but faith is like giving him another chance and you have given him far too many.” I beg to her to reconsider the way she is thinking.

“I know.” She says sighing in frustration.

“Well if you know that then why don’t you do something?” I ask her softly.

“Because on some level I’m afraid and on another I just…I don’t know.” She says sighing in frustration.

“Promise something then?” I ask her softly.

“What?” She asks him softly.

“That if he ever hurts you or anybody in your family again you will call the Police.” I say to her gently.

“Okay.” She says immediately.

“I love you.” [“Je vous aime”] I breathe out to her.

“Love you, too.” [“Aimez-vous, aussi”] She says back to me and kisses me before curling up in my embrace and falling asleep.

Sydney’s POV

“Okay, so spill. How did you and Michael get together?” Lauren asks me in amusement.

“Um…well, it was when Nadia’s ex-friends were teasing her and she passed out. Michael went to the hospital with me and we kissed in the hospital courtyard and then he asked me out. We went out that night on a picnic.” I say to her with a smile coming across my face as I remember how free and loved I felt on that day.

“Wow, I’ll be having some words to him, he never did that to me.” Lauren says in mock hurt.

“Yeah that isn’t fair so what are we going to do to get him back?” I ask her raising my eyebrow.

“I don’t know, we’ll devise this plan on MSN tonight, kay? Good Luck up there I’ll be there cheering you on” She says getting up and walking towards the school building.

Lisa’s POV

”What the hell is Syd doing talking to Lauren Reed?” I ask the girls, wondering if I have missed something.

“I don’t know but I’m prepared to find out.” Francie says purposely walking over to her. “Okay Sydney Anne Bristow you have some explaining to do. What the hell were you doing talking to Lauren Reed?” Francie says in her firm serious voice.

“I wouldn’t judge her if I were you and besides she isn’t that bad.” Syd says to us all honestly.

“Isn’t that bad, are you crazy?” I say to her in disbelief.

“Once you get to know her she is nicer to you she doesn’t have a lot of trust in people so it takes a lot for her to let people in, it’s the major reason why she is a b***h most of the time.” She says to us rationally.

“Alright, just hope you know what you’re doing.” I say to her in defeat. “Anyway we’ll see you up on stage.” I say giving her a huge hug.

“Thanks.” She says to us all smiles.

Sydney’s POV

I hear all of their amazing voice making me second guess why I even got to this second round but if I didn’t have something I wouldn’t be here right? I feel the nervous swirl in my stomach making me almost want to pass out.
”Just breathe Sydney.” [“Respirez juste Sydney”]
”Just Breathe.” [“Respirez Juste”] She hears him whisper into her ear in flowing French.
I hear the applause from the arena and know it is my turn and like a robot I walk out to the stage and weirdly enough just like last time my nervous disappear why I have no idea. Today I am singing one of my heart filled songs called ‘Hear Me,’ Let’s just hope it gets me somewhere.

You gotta be out there,
You gotta be somewhere.
Wherever you are,
I’m waiting…
Cause there are these nights when,
I sing myself to sleep,
And I’m hoping my dreams bring you close to me.
Are you listening?

Hear me I’m crying out,
I’m ready now.
Turn my world upside down.
Find me.
I’m lost inside this crowd,
It’s getting loud.
I need you to see,
I’m screaming for you to please,
Hear me

Can you hear me?

I used to be scared of,
Letting someone in.
But it gets so lonely,
Being on my own.
With no one to talk to and,
No one to hold you.
I’m not always strong,
Oh I need you here,
Are you listening?

Hear me I’m crying out,
I’m ready now.
Find me.
It’s getting loud.
I need you to see,
Hear me

I’m restless and wild.
I fall but I try,
I need someone to understand.
Can you hear me?
I’m lost in my thoughts,
And baby I’ve thought,
For all that I’ve got.
Can you hear me?

Hear me I’m crying out,
I’m ready now.
Find me.
It’s getting loud.
I need you to see,
Hear me

Hear me
Hear me
Hear me
Can you hear me?
Hear me
Hear me
Hear me
Can you hear me?
Ohhh Ohhhh Oh
Hear me, hear me, hear me.

I don’t remember the last five minutes from when I walked off the stage because was so elated I guess that it what happens when you do something you are passionate about. But I do remember walking back onto the stage to find out who was going and who was staying and I remember when the judge read the list of people who were going on to the next round.

“The top seven are: Daniel Surwaski, Joella Donohue, Daniella Hemmings, Ryan Garutti, Katie Melarouge, Mark Striver and Sydney Bristow. Mandy Smithers you will not be going on to the next round.

I feel sorry for her because that could’ve been me and this is the sad side to the competition because each week somebody’s dream is about to be broken.

~TBC

A/N
I hope this answer's your questions. I've decided to unveil my plans for sequels to COABH I decided this a long time ago but I've held you all out enough now :lol: This series is a three part Series. The next part will be Because of You-A Broken Heart stems to one reason: It was all becuase of him. And the third part is Hear Me-I need someone to understand

:love:
~Elle

Back