Confessions Of A Broken Heart

Hey guys here’s the new chapter
Talk to y’all soon
~elle

Chapter Six
Facing Reality

Recap:

I walk into school with only one goal. I need to see Vaughn; he’s all I have been able to think about this morning. I think I love him. I know that’s a drastic acclamation, but I really think I do. I walk into the classroom his friends hang out in the morning and there he was. I thought I loved him but now I know how clearly wrong I was. Lauren was pressed up against him and was making out with him. My eyes well up with tears. And I notice he sees me. I quickly run away in tears. I can’t believe he would do this to me. I thought he was different.
“Syd…wait” He calls out to me. I just keep walking right away. I slam open the front doors of the school and out onto the oval. “Syd, please?” he begs me. I turn around to face him, angrily.
“You know, I actually thought you were different. I actually believed that you were something special. How wrong was I.” I say angrily lashing out at him.
“Before you make accusations, It was not what it looked like.” He tries too say to me calmly.
“It is not what it looked like; it is not what it looked like.” I say to him in disbelief. “It looked a whole like that to me.”
“I love, you.” He professes to me angrily.
“Oh don’t even try to pull that cr*p over me, I’ve heard it so may times that I am completely over it.” I yell at him angrily.
“Whatever happened to you and Shane, don’t you dare compare me to him.” He lashes out at me.
“But you are exactly like him; you’re exactly like every other guy. Who want’s a girl so they can get them to bed.” I say to him matter of factly.
“Excuse me. I’m not like every other guy and I certainly am not interested in that.” He bellows at me.
“Prove it.” I say angrily.

Sydney’s POV

I feel like I have been kicked in the guts. Like everything else in my life, it all wen wrong. How could he do this to me? How could he kiss me and spend a rpractically romantic night with me, and do that? It’s like he never felt a thing for me. Was I some kind of tryst? Or was he doing it for his own kicks?

Vaughn’s POV

I just stare at her back as she walks away from me angrily. There’s nothing more I can do.
“You cheated on me.” I hear Lauren faintly whisper behind me. “You cheated on me for her.” She says with tears coming down her face. I can’t help but think of how pathetic she looks. She never listened to me the other day.

Flashback

Lauren.” I say walking towards her as she is looking through her locker.
“Hey, baby.” She replies sweetly giving me a quick peck on the lips.
“Lauren, we need to talk.” I say with a serious tone.
“About what, exactly.” She says to me mirroring my seriousness.
“I’ll just cut to the chase. You and I aren’t working.” I say to her seriously. “You and I both know that. We can’t kid ourselves anymore than we have…”
“You’re breaking up with me.” She says indignantly.
“yeah,” I say simply.
“We don’t break up unless I say we break up.” She says to me angrily. She tosses her hair and walks away.

”Well I’m calling the shots here. And I say we are through.” I call to her. I watch as she turns on her heel.
“You know what? Whatever. Do what you want.” She says to me pissily.

End of flashback.

“I never cheated on you.” I say to her angrily.
“Excuse me.” She says, indignantly.
“I thought I made it clear to you the other day, that we were over.” I say to her angrily through my teeth.
“I thought you were joking.” She says to me. Defending herself.
“What are you stupid or something?” I say to her in disgust. Impossible she thought I was joking. I walk away in disgust.

Sydney’s POV

“Hey Syd.” I hear Lisa call to me.
“Hey Lisa.” I say to her giving her a hug. “Love to chat but Miss Adams called me to the music room, so I’ll talk to you at assembly.” I say to her rushing my sentence.
“I’ll see you later than.” She says waving goodbye. I walk at a brisk pace to room 30. I knock on the door when I reach it and I open the door.
“Sydney. Good you’re here.” She says greeting me nicely. “I want to ask you if you would be interested in competing in the Rock Eisteddfod this year?” She asks me politely.
“Well, would I be any good?” I ask her uncertainty.
“I wouldn’t be asking you if you weren’t. It would be great experience for you. And I think you have a really good chance in getting somewhere.” She says to me smiling.
“Okay I’ll do it then.” I say to her happily. I’ve always wanted to give it a shot.
“Okay, it is a lot of work, but between the both of us you will be ready. But there is a catch this morning the Mrs O’Neill wants the Rock Eisteddfod competitors to perform on assembly. I know it is way short notice but I haven’t had anyone this year who is willing to enter. Then you came into mind and I have no idea why I never asked you sooner because you would be perfect for the competition. So if you could do this you will definitely be getting me out of a jam. Just give a song to the bad and they will play it.” She says to me simply.
“Okay, I’ll go look for something now. And it is okay, I’d do it for you anyway.” I smile at her.
“Well it is nice to know that there are people like you in this crazy world. You’re going to go far, Sydney. I can guarantee that you have a huge career ahead of you. Good luck and thank you for this.” She says smiling at me.
“No problem.” I say to her. I’ve always liked Miss Adams. She is a teacher who understands where you are coming from in any situation. She listens to you whenever you need help. She is a beautiful person. And if I can repay her for all the times she has helped me than I will do it. Now to pick a song. ‘Faded,’ it just popped into my head straight away. It is one of my favourite songs I have written. I take a deep breath and I walk backstage to get ready for assembly.

Lisa’s POV

“Hey guys. Have you seen Syd, she said she would talk to me on assembly but she is not here.” I say to Francie and Will.
“Nope,” Will says.
“She’s probably late.” I say sighing sitting down next to francie.
“People could we quieten down please.” I hear the voice of out principle through the speakers. Everyone quietens down. “Thank you. Good morning everyone, first off we have a performance from one of our Rock Eisteddfod competitors for this year performing for us. So we are starting this assembly for once on a high note. Would you please welcome our representative and School Captain, Sydney Bristow, singing her song ‘Faded.” She says cheerfully and claps her hands. My jaw drops. I watch as Sydney walks onto the stage with her long chestnut hair curled down her back. She looks beautiful. Though she always looks beautiful. But she is stunning right now. I knew she played the piano but I never knew she could sing. Francie and Will are in just as much shock as I am.

Sydney’s POV

I walk out onto stage and I feel like it is completely natural. This is where I am meant to be. I hear the drumsticks counting in for me to begin. I bring the microphone to my mouth and I begin.

You never take
Take the time to really look
Look at the one
The one I really am

You try to fit
To fit me in a perfect box
You let me slip between the cracks

Now I've faded
into someone else
Made me someone I don't wanna be
Yeah I'm faded
My true colour's gone
Like a picture nobody sees

I'll bet you don't
Don't even know my favourite song
You tell me how
How I should wear my hair

You wanna change
Everything I ever was
Try to erase me
Till I'm not there

Now I've faded
Into someone else
Yeah I'm faded
My true colour's gone

Now I've faded
Like I never was
Till I don't even know myself
Yeah I'm faded
Into what you want
But I'm not takin' it too well

I don't wanna be your little picture perfect pretty girl
Who's got nothing to say
I'm not gonna wait around
Let you run my whole life down
So you can watch me fade away

(Faded, Faded)
You try to fit
Fit me in your perfect box

(Faded, Faded)
You try to fit
Fit me in your perfect box

You try to fit
Fit me in a perfect box
You let me slip between the cracks

Now I've faded
Into someone else
Yeah I'm faded
My true colour's gone

Now I've faded
Like I never was
Till I don't even know myself
Yeah I'm faded
Into what you want
But I'm not takin' it too well

I Faded
(Faded, hated, slippin' away as I disappear in the dark)
I Faded
(Faded, hated, so far away from who I was at the start)

Faded, hated, slippin' away as I disappear in the dark
Faded, hated, so far away from who I was at the start

I was greeted with applause, which was almost deafening.
“Been holding out on us, huh.” Lisa says hugging me.
“You were awesome Syd.” Francie says. An then I see him and he sees me. But I look away quickly.
“Well done, Sydney.” Miss Adams says behind me. “You stole the show.” She smiles at me and laughs. “You have the voice which is going to take you far and I don’t think there is not one person’s heart you never stole, well done again.” She says to me honestly
“Thank you.” I say to her smiling.
“You did good.” He says to me.
“Why are you even talking to me, just leave me alone.” I say to him angrily.
“Fine if you want to blame me for Shane’s hurt then go ahead, you’re only hurting yourself. Go back to your picture perfect life, because I don’t even care anymore.” He rants angrily to me.
“Fine well that’s exactly what I’m going to do.” I yell at him. Francie, Will and Lisa just stare at me and Michael.
“Fine!” he yells at me walking away.
“Except it’s not perfect,” I whisper. I look at my friends who I know are going to want answers. “I don’t want to talk about it,” I say to them walking away briskly.

Chapter Seven
Sometimes you can’t Make it on Your Own

Sydney’s POV

“How dare you take my children away from me!” My father scream at my mumma.
“How could I not, I’m sick and tired of this. I want out and so do your own kids.” Mumma screams with tears pouring down my face.
“I’ll have you put away for this.” He yells at her grabbing her off the ground by her hair.
“You wouldn’t dare, I could ruin your whole career if I brought this to court.” Mumma yells at him with hate dripping from her words.
“You wouldn’t dare.” He says.
“I wouldn’t I, I just took your kids remember.” She says to him sarcastically. Dad hits her across the face and kicks her too the ground. Mumma doubles over with pain. I hear Samantha starting to cry from the noise. I watch as Nadia fearfully pulls her away and up into her room. Dad continues to kick and beat Mumma.
“Stop it!” I yell at him with tears pouring down my face. Dad stops and walks over to me and grabs me by the shirt.
“Don’t you ever interfere again.” He yells at me loudly.
“NO!” I yell at him.
“Excuse me.” He yells at me, yanking me towards him.
“I said no.” I say to him more confidently.
“You will obey me.”
“I won’t.” I say to him.
“YOU’LL OBEY!” He yells even louder.
“NO!” I scream at the top of my lungs. He punches me in the stomach knocking the wind out of me and he slams me into the wall. My head hits the wall hard, but I don’t get knocked out. I feel blood dripping down my face. The pain makes me feel like my head is on fire. I look at dad, whose face turns pale. And he walks out the front door. Mumma runs over to me.
“Sydney…Oh my god.” She starts to cry hysterically. I pull away from her arms and I run out the front door. For once I don’t need her. I only need him

This time, this place.
Misused, mistakes
Too long, too late
Who was I to make you wait?
Just on chance
Just on breath
Just in case there’s just one left
‘Cause you know, you know, you know

I run all the way to his door and a bang loudly on it. His tall figure answers the door. My saviour. He looks down on me and his face turns pale. I jump into his arms.
“Sydney, Oh my god Sydney, what happened?” He says to me looking like he is going to faint.
“I’m sorry, I’m so sorry. I’m sorry.” I whisper to him.
“Sorry for what.” He says softly pulling us to sit down.
“Shane rapped me.” I whisper to him crying harder.
“Shane did this to you.” He says angrily.
“No Shane rapped me.” I say to him fiercly.
“That’s what he did to you. I killed that ba***rd I swear.” He says angrily clutching me to him harder. “But Sydney who did this to you?” I ask her again.
“My daddy doesn’t love me.” I say like a two-year-old girl.
“What?”
“My daddy doesn’t love me so he hits me.” I say to him vulnerably. I clutch to his chest harder.
“Your father did this. Syd how long has this been going on?” He says in disbelief.
“A year. I don’t care I just need you.” I say to him sobbing. “I made a mistake.”

That I love you
I have loved you all along
And I miss you
Far away for far too long
I keep dreaming you’ll be with me
And you’ll never go
Stop breathing if
I don’t see you anymore

Vaughn’s POV

“Oh my god, Michael, what’s going on?” My mother hysterically says.
“Can you call the police and the ambulance.” I say to her quickly.
“What do I tell the police?” She asks me.
“Physical abuse by her dad.” I say to her briskly.
“Jack did this?” She says in disbelief.
“Yeah,” I say to her. And she quickly walks away. I look at my angel. Battered and broken.

On my knees, I’ll ask
Last chance for one last dance
‘Cause with you, I’d withstand
All hell to hold your hand
I’d give it all
I’d give for us
Give anything but I won’t give up
‘Cause you know, you know, you know

That I love you
And I miss you
Far away for far too long
I keep dreaming you’ll be with me
And you’ll never go
Stop breathing if
I don’t see you anymore

Sydney’s POV

“No police.” I sob to him.
“Why?”
“Just please, no police.” I beg to him.
“Mum!” I call out to her. She quickly comes back. “No police, she doesn’t want the police involved.” He says to her sadly.
“Sydney, your dad is hitting you, you need the police.” She says to me softly.
“No police.” I repeat to the both of them.
“Maman, just don’t do it.” He says to her.
“I need you and only you. I’m bruised, I’m battered and broken. I can’t keep going on pretending everything is alright when the reality is, everything is not alright. My whole world is torn apart. I no longer want to feel the pain. I can’t keep holding this family together. I’m sick of being the strong one. I just want to be mended. I don’t want to be broken anymore. I want my heart to be whole again. I need you to help me feel whole again. I need you in my life. I need to feel you in my every being. I need your help. I need you to forgive me and help me.” I say to him crying my eyes out.

So far away
(So faraway)
Been far away do far too long
So far away
(So far away)
Been far away for far too long
But you know, you know, you know

I wanted
I wanted you to stay
‘Cause I needed
I need to hear you say
That I love you
And I forgive you
Fro being away for far too long
So keep breathing
‘Cause I’m not leaving you anymore
Believe it
Hold on to me then let me go
Keep breathing
‘Cause I’m not leaving you anymore
Believe it
Hold on to me never let me go
(keep breathing)
(Keep breathing)

TBC

A/N
I finally do a double update :teehee: u should all be proud of me. k so the first song was Kate DeAraugo's Faded and the other was Far Away by Nivkelback. And I don't own them in any way.

:throb: always
~elle

omg, double update! yay!
the first chapter made me cry, but the second one made it all better :P
i'm glad vaughn still cares for her, and i hope syd's ok.
Aliaschick347

COABH3.jpg

Chapter Eight
Why Didn’t You Push Her Away

Vaughn’s POV

I cradled her in my arms until the ambulances arrived. Once the Paramedics arrived I never got to see much of her after that until she was stitched up and in a hospital bed. I Still am trying to wrap my head around the fact that her own father would do this to her. I watch her sleeping form and I place my hand gently on her cheek caressing it. I hear scuffling footsteps behind me.
“She just left and bolted. I’m glad she is safe.” I hear the voice of Serenah.
“The important thing is that she is okay. Now are you?”
“I’m fine Amiliee` I’m more worried about Sydney.” She says frantically.
“Calm down. Does he do this to Nadia as well?” My mother asks her concerned.
“No. And that is the weird thing. It is always Sydney and I.” She says softly.
“Maybe there’s a reason for it all. How is she Michael?” Maman turns to me.
“The Doctor’s say she has concussion and they want her to stay overnight. Other than that they said she would make a full recovery.” I say to Maman.
“See Serenah, she’s okay.” Maman says to Serenah reassuringly. She rubs her back gently.
“Still I worry. I’m worried he’s going to kill his daughter someday.” She says to Maman with tears rolling down her face.
“He won’t if you tell the police.” Maman says to her in low voice.
“No!” She says to Maman, yelling slightly and pushing her away.
“Why?” Maman says perplexed. Man why wouldn’t she tell? And then I remembered Sydney’s reaction as well. They’re both worried about the same thing. But what it is I have no idea.
“Because, I love him.” She says to Maman honestly.
“How can you love a man who does this to you?” Maman says, confusedly.
“He is not always like this. There is a reason for it all. I know there is and I intend to find out so I can help him through it.” She says to Maman softly. Maybe that is what Sydney believes too. I gently stoke her hair lovingly. And I sigh not knowing what to think.
“I don’t know how you do it Serenah. No matter how bad a situation or a person is, you still seem to find the good in them all.” Maman sighs softly. I felt as Serenah puts a soft hand onto my shoulder.
“Thank you for looking after her. I owe you so much.” She says to me gratefully.
“It’s okay, you don’t owe me anything.” I say to her smiling slightly at her.
“I’m going to go home I have a splitting headache so I need some sleep. Could you give me a call when she wakes up please?” She says to me politely.
“Yeah, no problem.” I say to her kindly.
“How you getting home?” Maman asks her.
“I’ll take a cab.” She says simply.
“Heavens no. I’ll take you home.” Maman says to her in a motherly tone.
“No it’s okay, I’ll be fine.”
“No I insist.” Maman says to her softly guiding her out of the room.

Nadia’s POV

“It’s okay Sammy, don’t cry.” I beg to her small form buried deep within her Mickey Mouse pillow.
“Why did daddy do that to mummy and Sydiee?” She says to me getting up and looking into my eyes.
“I don’t know.” I say to her honestly. I wish I knew but I don’t.
“Why does daddy get angry?” She says to me in her cute voice.
“Because sometimes adults get angry.” I say to her simply. Yeah they do but not this angry without a good reason.
“Do you get angry?” She asks me. What is this 20 questions?
“Yeah, sometimes.” I say to her sighing.
“Do you hit people?” She says to me as she plays with her blonde hair.
“No,” I say to her softly stroking her hair.
“Then why does daddy?” She says chucking a slight tantrum.
“I honestly don’t know.” I say to her with a tear running down my face. Look at this, she is only 4 years old. She shouldn’t have to live with this chaos. What effect is this going to have on her, later in life? This is not what I want for my baby sister. “I think it’s time for bed sweetums.” I say to her sweetly.
“Kay.” She says yawning. I pick her up and I pull back her covers and I place her in her warm snug bed. I tuck her in
“Will I ever be like daddy?” She says to me tiredly.
“Never.” I say to her hugging her fiercely. “Never,” I whisper.

“Nadia!” I hear Serenah call. Over the past few weeks I have finally become to respect her. Don’t know why I never respected her.
“Yeah,” I call out to her.
“Could you run me a tub, please?” She says. I hear the sheer exhaustion in her voice.
“Yeah, no problem.” I love her. I don’t know what I would do without her. I turn on the taps and I place some bubble bath solution in. By the sounds of it she really needs a good relaxing bath. I hear her open the door. I look up at her to see that she is completely bruised and battered. With no hesitation she trips down. I don’t particularly mind at all. She steps into the tub and let’s herself fall into the water.
“Thank you.” She says to me contently.
“No problem.” I say again slipping out of the bathroom. I make a silent vow. I will find out what’s wrong with dad. It’s time I held this family together.

Sydney’s POV

I mull over the last few hours of my life. So emotionally draining. And for the first time I realize just how bad it all is. I knew it was bad, but not this bad. That look he gave me. I cannot shake it from my mind. Was he trying to tell me something? Was it a silent plea for help? Or was it because he doesn’t care? I sigh. I need a distraction. And without a thought I find myself signing softly to myself.

The trouble with love is,
It can tare you up inside.
Make your heart believe a lie.
It’s stronger than your pride.
The trouble with love is.
It doesn’t care how fast you fall.
And you can’t refuse the call.
See you got no say at all…

The sound of footsteps stops me.
“Wow.” He says, smiling with his lob sided grin. “One of your songs you’re performing.
“Yeah, for Rock Eisteddfod.” I say to him smiling.. The moment he gets closer I grab him by the neck and I pull him down to capture his lips in mine in a heated kiss.
“What was that for?” He asks breathlessly.
“My thank you present.” I say to him smiling.
“Really.” He says cunningly.
“What are you up to Mr. Vaughn?” I say to him suspiciously as I peck him on the lips.
“Nothing.” He says innocently throwing his hands up.
“You’re up to something and I’ll find out.” I say to him giving him a playful death glare.
“Oooooh I’m so scared.” He says to me jokingly putting on an act.
“Well you better be, or else.” I say to him, challengingly, jokingly.
“Or else, what?” He says to me cockily.
“I won’t ever kiss you again.” I say to him jokingly.
“Ooooh now there’s a threat, I better rethink my course of action.” He says slowly bending down to my face.
“That you better.” I say to him capturing his lips in mine once more. He sits on the bed and puts his arms around me. We just sit there for what feels like ages with Michael stroking my hair softly. I breathe in his unique scent and I know I can’t delay it any longer. I feel the hot tears trickle down my face. “Why didn’t you stop kissing her? Why didn’t you push her away?”

TBC

A/N
So now I probably have you guys all wondering with that cliffhanger. You will be confused now on how it is possible but it’s the small details I know the majority of you won’t have picked out in the previous chapters. You all are just going to have to wait and find out.

:love: always
~elle

Sydney asked what I was wondering too. Let's wait for Vaughn's answer.

Great chapter. I don't think there's really a reason that justifies what Jack's been doing, though.

Can't wait to see Vaughn's answer to her question...
Glad that Syd and Serenah are okay...
Hopefully they will figure out what is wrong with Jack.
Thanks for the pm.

A/N
Here is the new chapter sorri about the lack of updates
Enjoy your day!
~elle

Chapter Nine
Believe It or Not

Vaughn’s POV

“Because…because.” I stumble to her. How can I possible put in words why.
“Because, Why Vaughn?” She says to me looking deep into my eyes. Her eyes still glistening from tears.
“Because I didn’t want to hurt her.” I say to her honestly, knowing the reaction I’m going to get though.
“You didn’t want to hurt her?” She says in utter disgust.. She can’t believe her ears. I wouldn’t either if I was in her shoes. “C’mon Vaughn, this is Lauren Reed we’re talking about here.” She says moving out of my arms and turning away from me. I grab her arm for her to face me, she does but she refuses to look me in the eyes.
“She’s not who you think she is.” I say, defending her.
“Am I hearing wrong…”
“No your not. Listen to me. Yeah she can be a total b**ch at times but you don’t know the real her. It’s all just one big façade, inside she hurts just as much as the rest of us, se has the same fears, the same insecurities. Hell if you were to give her a chance to open up to you she could become one of your best friends. Because believe it or not Syd, she knows exactly what you’re going through. She knows what it’s like to live in a family who is falling apart; she is living with it right now, just like you’re. And just like you she never lets on. It’s just Lauren’s methods of not letting on are completely different to your. She wanted to escape herself and be somebody else far from her own self. Whereas you just blocked it out and forget it was happening.” I say to her trying to make her understand.
“I never forget about it. I’m happy yes with my friends. It’s all Love/Hate. I love my life, my friends, you but I hate my father.” She sighs looking at me. “You just didn’t want to break her spirit, you didn’t want to be another person in her life that tore her to pieces. I get it. You did the right thing. I’m sorry.” She says to me, giving me a kiss on the cheek.
“It’s okay, you had no idea.” I say to her kissing her back.
“So how do you know all this?” She says to me, curiously.
“Because one day she let her guard down.” I say to her thinking about it

Flashback

I hear the ringing of the door bell. “God, I wonder who would visit at this time of night?” I say going to the front door to open it. I’m greeted with Lauren standing there soaking wet.
“You’re right, this afternoon” She cries out to me with tears running down her face. “I’m not okay. I haven’t been for a long time.” She says sobbing falling into my arms.
“Come inside. What’s going on Lauren?” I ask her sitting her down on the couch.
“Do you know what its like to want to run far away from yourself as possible? To physically want to change who you really are because seeing the real you is the source of all your pain? Do you know what it’s like to be in a family when one person in your family wished you never exists and the other just doesn’t understand who you are? Do you know what that is like?” I just stare at her, having no idea what to say or do. “You don’t because you are lucky that you have a loving mother and I’m sure your father was as well. You’re lucky. Because that is my life everyday. My family doesn’t know how to communicate with one another without starting a war. Hell my parents don’t even love each other anymore, they only stay together to portray the whole ‘happy family’ to the media. The smiles in the paper, they’re all fake, it’s all a lie, and we are far from a happy family.” She says to me crying in desperation.
“Lauren, what is this?” I say to her, in shock.
“She never wanted me.” She says breaking down in tears.
“Who never wanted you?” Lifting her head up with my fingers under her chin.
“Mum. She never wanted me. She said that dad made her have me. And that I was just a mistake.” She says crying even louder. I clutch onto her body. Her sobs subside a little and she pulls back. “Dad, just doesn’t get me. God I think he wishes I would disappear because he knows I’m the source of all the problems. The fact that I exists is the whole problem.”

End of Flashback

“She was always the way she was to me at school, but after that night when we would always meet in the classroom before school she started being herself again, but the moment she would walk out to the hallway she would turn back to her façade. She just wasn’t ready and still isn’t to face the people and tell them the truth, she wasn’t ready to be completely her forever. She finds it easier to run away from the pain. She is too afraid to confront it.” I say to Sydney softly, she just sits there and listens to me.
“Sounds like you made progress with her.” She says to me cupping my cheek.
“Maybe, but I think you could help her Syd.” I say to her happily.
“Maybe, but will she want it?”

Sydney’s POV

I catch the soccer ball which was about to hit Lauren in the head.
“What are you going for Sainthood?” Lauren snaps at me sarcastically.
“Well I could’ve let it hit you, let me know if that’s what you want. I’ll know next time.” I say to her in a calm tone.
“Thnaks.” She says to me gruffly.
“Well I guess that took a lot of courage.” I say to her honestly.
“Not really, I just said it because I felt sorry you.” She says smirking evilly.
“You know you don’t have to be a b**ch to make yourself be noticed.” I say to her gently.
“It’s not about being noticed.” She says to me hotly.
“It’s about throwing up a huge façade and running away from yourself.” I say to her knowing it is the truth.
“Are you on drugs or something?” She says to me in disbelief but I know it’s because I have hit the spot.
“No I’m not. Deny it all you like but remember you are not the only person who deals with the same things.” I say to getting a faraway look in my eyes.
“He told you didn’t he? And how would you know how I feel? You live a perfect happy life.” She says to me bitterly.
“Believe it or not Lauren my life is far from perfect.” I say to her walking away. But she runs up to me and stops me.
“I’m sorry for what I did and for what it is worth, for what we both go through I’m here to help you out if you’ll help me?” She says to me being nice for the first time and I see what Vaughn saw in her.
“We’re in this together.” I say to her smiling.

~TBC

A/N
Syd’s first performance ein the Rock Eisteddfod will be next chapter and Look out as the Lauren Syd relationship starts to come out. You will also get to see a lot more to Lauren’s story and to give you a clear understanding of the friendship they’re about to make. So tell me, have I actually made you like Lauren and feel sorry for her???

:love: always
~elle

Back