Chocolate Eyes

-I havn't been updating this fic in forever, but I finally got a huge idea and started to write, so another update will be on Friday or Saturday. If you don't want to read anymore, than tell me and you will be taken off the pm list.

Chocolate Eyes
It had been a long 3 days for the family as they had gotten their daughter back to almost lose her and to gain her back again. The Bristow's were almost always there, never leaving their baby's side, and Vaughn was there every minute he wasn’t on call or in between emergencies. He kept a stack of his medical books in the room and would study while telling Sydney everything he found interesting because she couldn’t open her eyes for very long or breathe on her own yet, but she was awake most of the day.

“I don’t know if this is wise or if you have a boyfriend, but if you don’t, than can we try again?” Vaughn asked one night as he was preparing to leave for his shift. She squeezed his hand but was unable to do anything further. Vaughn sighed though, knowing that he was going to have a little more peace now that he had said those words, which he had wanted to say for so long.

“Vaughn?” Laura peeped her head into the door.

“Yes?” Vaughn got up and stretched and turned to leave.

“Thank you.” Laura said, giving him a hug as he reached the doorway.

“For what?” Vaughn was confused, he hadn’t done anything different than he would have done on any different patient.

“Taking care of her.” Laura said, kissing him and walking into Sydney’s room.

Vaughn passed a sleeping Nadia and took off the jacket he was wearing and placed it on top of her. She snuggled closer under it and smiled slightly in her sleep.

Jack was down the hall on the phone. Vaughn didn’t bother him and turned to leave. He took the stairs to help him wake him up and meet Weiss on the first floor. They were headed to their room when they were meet with Peyton and Lauren.

“How is she?” Peyton asked.

“She’s doing pretty good for how bad she was.”

“I’m glad.” Peyton sounded sincere and Vaughn gave a wane smile. “You holding up okay?” She looked at his rugged appearance and touched his forehead with her palm. “God, you are burning up!”

“What?” Vaughn slurred his words together and felt his world start to spin slightly. He felt confused, he was sick! He hadn’t gotten sick since the flu in 2nd grade!

“We need a gurney!” He heard Lauren call out.

“Hang in there buddy! You’re gonna be okay!” It was like his friend was calling to him through a long tunnel.

“He felt really hot and than just collapsed.” He heard Peyton tell another unknown individual, his eyesight was too blurred for him to see anything.

“Hey!” He tried to talk, but his lips felt like lead and he let himself slip into unconscious.

Several Days Later

Vaughn tried to open his eyes, but they were taped closed and he felt the burning in his throat and he knew that he had a breathing tube shoved down his throat and the pinches in his arms and body let him know he was being kept on all sorts of equipment. He heard the high pitch beeping and knew that someone would be there to help him out soon because it was a machine that signaled when sedated or unconscious patients had woken up because of their blood pressure and heartbeat.

“Hey.” He heard Weiss open the door and several beeps and than the high pitched beeping stopped. The tape was carefully pulled away from the delicate skin covering his eyes and he blinked them open. Everything was still really fuzzy, but he could make out Weiss’s urgent and worried filled face right above his. “Glad you didn’t go over to the other side.”
“So are we.” He heard Lauren and Peyton come into the room.

“Yup, you had us really worried. It was a sudden attack of meningitis, but you pulled through, your immune system was whipped out by your not sleeping but the coma helped you to pull through and you didn’t lose any of your exterminates.” Vaughn moved each of his fingers and toes just to make sure.

“We called your mother, but she just had to leave for a moment, we made her, she needed some sleep and she’s in our room. I’m going to go get her.” Lauren said and Vaughn heard the footsteps leave and the door snap shut.

“I hate to wake you with bad news though.” He heard Peyton say hesitantly. “Elena and Irina contracted it too, they are in isolation still.” He noticed suddenly they were all wearing contamination suits, but his eyesight still wasn’t 100% and neither was he.

“Don’t try to say anything though, it will hurt, but I need to take a small sample of blood, so that we can help use your antibodies so that they can make an antidote. Vaughn, you could be the cure! You’ll get a grant and money and a ton of stuff if this is the case.” Weiss grew more and more excited. Vaughn winced as his voice got louder.

Suddenly all eyes turned to the door as a frail looking Mrs. Vaughn came into the room wearing a huge suit that made her look dwarfed.

Nads :blink:

Please don't forget to review!!!!!!

HELL YER
Ireally want you to finish this
i remember loving it and then there was no more
PLEASE write more
plaease please plaease

Hi, I asked to be on the PM list after the first chapter, but wasn't added. :(

Can I please be added to the PM list since I LOVE this story and would love for you to write more of it. :smiley:

Back