Eyes Like Yours

Title: Eyes Like Yours
Summary: Three Part Fic
Thanks for reading! You guys are awesome! Reviews are appreciated.

--Part 1--

“Michael, we need to talk.” Sydney said as she nervously walked into the living room where her fiancé of three months sat watching a hockey game.

“Can it wait? The Kings are up three points.” Michael responded without turning around.

“You must love that game more than you love me.” She remarked, a bit too bitterly.

“No, Syd. Don’t be like that.” He got off the couch and walked over to her, wrapping her in his arms. She began to cry softly and he lifted her face to look up at him. “What’s wrong baby?”

“It’s just the hormones, just ignore me and go back to the game.” She pulled out of his warm embrace and went into the kitchen. He stood there thinking for a minute, not believing what he had just heard. Did she just say what he thought she said?

“Syd. Come here.” Michael followed her into the kitchen and found her sitting on the counter eating an apple. He stood in between her legs and gave her a sweet kiss on the lips. “What’s wrong sweetie?”

“Nothing. It doesn’t matter.” She continued eating her apple sadly.

“Sydney Anne. You cannot fool me. Something is up and I’ll find out what, even if it takes me all day.” He snatched the apple out of her hands and she whined.

“I was eating that!” Sydney tried to reach for it, but he held it out of her grasp.

“Tell me, and you can have it back.” Michael waved the apple in front of her but still out of her reach.

She pouted for a few minutes before quickly saying, “Well, I thinkImightbepregnant…”

“What?” He asked as he dropped the apple to the floor, focused on her alone.

“Yeah…” She looked sad. He wondered why but then he realized he wasn’t acting happy like he was supposed to and started grinning madly. Sydney looked at him like he was crazy.

“This is great Syd!” He pulled her off the counter and spun her around in his arms.

“But we’re not married… You’re not mad?” She asked, a small smile tugging at her lips.

“Far from it. You’ve just made me the happiest man alive.” He kissed her tenderly and hugged her tightly. “I love you.”

“I love you too.” Sydney smiled brightly.

~~~***~~~

“Mom, Dad?" Sydney walked into her childhood home, dragging a scared Michael behind her.

“Michael, don’t be such a wimp.” She scolded.

“He’s gonna kill me.” He whined, scared for his life of Jack Bristow.

“My dad’s not that mean. He’d only leave you permanently disfigured so you remember how much he hates you.” She laughed. “Now, stand up straight, don’t stutter, and don’t, under any circumstances, act like you’ve seen me naked.”

“I’m gonna die.” He whimpered.

“It doesn’t matter what he thinks, I still love you.” She kissed him gently and pulled him by the hand into the kitchen.

“Hey mom, dad.” She greeted, kissing each of her parents cheeks.

“Hello Sydney” Her mother greeted. “How are you?”

“I’m good.” She pulled Michael out from cowering behind her and gave him a nudge in her father’s direction. “You remember Michael…”

“Hi.” He said timidly. Jack glared at his soon-to-be son-in-law while Irina smiled warmly.

“To what do we owe this visit?” Jack asked, getting straight to the point. Michael glanced back at Sydney nervously and she stepped forward, grabbing Michael’s hand.

“Well… Um… Daddy, I’m… pregnant?” She looked at the floor and Michael held her hand tightly. Irina looked surprised, but happy, and Jack just growled.

“No.” He said defiantly, after a few tense minutes.

“What?” Sydney asked, while Michael held her back from yelling in Jack’s face.

“You cannot be pregnant.” He clarified.

“Oh, I’m sorry, let me just hop in my time machine and go change it.” She replied sarcastically.

“Sydney…” Jack warned, standing up from his chair at the kitchen table. At the same time Irina stood up too, carefully watching her husband and ready to interfere if necessary.

“No, dad, no. I don’t care what you say, I’m happy and you can’t take that away.” She pulled Michael’s arms around her. “Lets go.”

“Ok, sweetie.” They headed to the door and Irina followed them to talk to her daughter.

“I’m sorry dear, he’ll come around. Just give it some time.” Irina apologized and let them out the door.

~~~***~~~

“Hey Michael?” Sydney called from the top of the stairs in their home. This worried Michael because she had just gone up to take a nap and normally wouldn’t be up for another hour.

“Yeah?” He asked as he walked to the bottom of the stairs. “You ok?”

“Yeah, I’m fine. Will you come here?” She requested, but Michael was already halfway up the stairs.

“Is something wrong?” He asked worriedly.

“No… it’s just… I wanted... here.” She couldn’t think of any words to describe it and so she grabbed his hand and placed it on her six-month pregnant belly.

“Wow, is that…?” He asked when he felt something move.

“Yeah.” Sydney nodded smiling.

“That’s so cool.” He kissed her lightly and returned to focusing on feeling the baby kick and move. “Thank you.” He said looking into her eyes.

“For what?” She looked at him questioningly.

“Making me the happiest man on earth.” He smiled, causing her to blush.

~~~***~~~

Sydney and Michael were cleaning up dinner in the kitchen one night and decided to watch a movie before bed, since neither of them was tired. Michael sat down first and grabbed the remote while Sydney waddled over and sat next to him.

“What we watchin’?” She asked as he flipped through the channel too fast for her to be able to see what was on. “God, would you slow down?” She rolled her eyes, but then burst out laughing.

“Um... What’s wrong with you?” He questioned, wrapping an arm around her shoulders protectively.

“Nothing, just hormones and a dirty mind.” She giggled and blushed, leaning into his shoulder.

“You’re so bad.” He teased and kissed the top of her head.

“Do we have any Cheetos?” She asked halfway through the movie.

“No, you ate them all. Again.” Michael answered smirking, stroking her hair absentmindedly as she lay across his lap.

“Will you get me more?” She asked sweetly, fluttering her eyelashes dramatically.

“Can I get them tomorrow?” He was too comfortable to get up now; he would stay there forever if he could.

“You don’t deny a pregnant woman food.” She sat up slowly, with a little help from Michael because of her seven-month pregnant belly being in the way. She glared at him from a safe distance on the couch.

“Fine, just don’t eat me!” He joked, to which she hit him with a pillow. He got off the couch, kissed her forehead, then put on his coat and grabbed his keys, walking out the door. “Bye love.”

“Yeah yeah, hurry up with the food already.” She turned back to the TV and Michael left, chuckling lightly.

~~~***~~~

Sydney was now eight and a half months pregnant and still grumpy as ever. She made Michael get her the most random foods at the most random times. He did it happily though; it was the least he could do for the woman carrying his child.

She would complain that she was a whale, but he would always tell her she was beautiful no matter how fat she really was. Then she would smack his arm and point out that he called her fat anyways.

One Saturday he was called in to pick up a report from work, since he had been working at home per Sydney’s request. He had to leave Sydney alone, but wasn’t too worried about it, thinking it would be quick and her due date wasn’t for another two weeks.

After three long hours, he came home to find the kitchen and living room empty.

“Sydney?” He called, taking off his coat and hanging it up. “Where are you, babe?” He imagined she might have gone upstairs to take a nap and headed that direction. He found her at the top of the stairs, crying and clutching her belly.

“What happened?” He asked, kneeling down next to her and tried to sooth her sobs. He rubbed gentle circles on her back, whispering condolences in her ear.

“Shh… Sweetie, what’s wrong?”

“I… I… my… water broke…” She sobbed, collapsing into Michael’s arms.

TBC... Revel in the semi-fluff while you can.

I like this story. Will you add me to the PM list? I know it rarely works, so about how often will you update so I can check back? Thanks!!!
Lindsay :angelic:

Thaty was good. Fluffy :D But now fluff will go away...can't wait to see what will happens next. Something with baby :thinking:
So ...if you make PM;s work...please PM me too :smiley:

Ally :P

OO I like this!!! (y)
-But oh no....what's going to happen to the baby or whatever the angst may be!!
Can't wait to find out more!! Thanks for the pm!!

Back