Concerts

Just wanted to see which bands and musicians everyone's seen lately, I've had a pretty busy concert past two years, it's been expensive but amazing. I've gotten to see my two favorite bands 7 times all together in the past two years. The place I work also is attached to a major concert venue and employees get $2 tickets, not bad.

Just in the past two years (2003-2004)

Fleetwood Mac - May 2003, Washington, DC: Second show in on their latest tour. Front row, my favorite band in the world, waited 11 years to see them in concert.
Evanescence - September 2003, Washington, DC: Ben was still in the band back then
Fleetwood Mac - October 2003, Washington, DC: Front row, same seat again. More incredible than the first time, got to play Lindsey Buckingham's guitar.
Barenaked Ladies - November 2003, Washington, DC
Evanescence - February 2004, Washington, DC: $2 tickets here at work, amazing show, saw "My Immortal" live
Fleetwood Mac - June 2004, Hershey, PA
Evanescence - July 2004, Washington, DC: Bigger venue, great show still, saw "Broken" live
Fleetwood Mac - September 2004, Camden NJ: Second to last show on their 18 month tour, great seats, yes I'm a groupie, I'll admit it ;)
Heart - September 2004, Washington, DC: Best show I've ever seen for $2, they were amazing.
REM - November 2004, Washington, DC: Another $2 show, went more so for my mother who drove down from Jersey for it, she's been a huge REM fan for 15 years, it was her second REM concert, we loved it.

Whew, that's about it. I've spent more money on FM shows especially than I care to share, but it's all been worth it. Both FM and Ev are done touring for the time being so now I have some time to pay off my credit card and take a break.. ;)

Anybody else? ;)

i'm hopefully going to see Kylie's greatest hits tour but the tickets are £37.50! :rolleyes:

i don't think i've been to a concert this year, the last one i went to was Nickelback and before that i saw Bon Jovi! :woot: they were both so good!! :D

After 8 years of longing I FINALLY had the chance to see Sarah McLachlan live ... and do believe me she was AMAZING ... live even better than on cd! (8th November that was) preshowing for her was Butterfly Boucher, a really great artist! i so love Sarah and Butterfly!!!
I saw Tom McRae on 20th November (well, I liked his preshow - Rachael Yamagata - more... she's soooooooooooo great!)
Normally I'd seen Within Temptation too in Novebmer but the concert got cancelled :'( but i saw them last year so ... :smiley:

I also saw Jewel but that concert turned out to be a disappointement ...

And i've seen tons and tons of Belgian bands like K's Choice, Arid, etc

let's see... HIM, support Zeraphine (german band)... my first concert: soooooo great!!!
Shania Twain... well...
EVANESCENCE!!!! support Seether: I love them!!!!!! :love: best concert I've ever been too (or heard of :lol: )
Dido: awesome!!
Seether, once again... so great!!!

ok, I think I forgot someone... :blink:

After 8 years of longing I FINALLY had the chance to see Sarah McLachlan live ... and do believe me she was AMAZING .

Isn't it torture waiting to see your favorite musicians in concert? When FM toured in 1997, I was just starting college and my parents weren't going to spend the money for me to see them, I was so mad. But I did see Stevie Nicks on her 2001 solo tour, the seats sucked but I made up for that last year..lol.

I honestly don't really care for Ev's warm up bands, all three times I went. I was excited to see them do "Broken" but that was it. The first show, I saw Cold, Revis and Finger Eleven, who I thought was the best warm up out of the three shows. The second show I saw Atomship and Default, third was Breaking Benjamin and Seether. The only one out of those I even remotely liked was Finger Eleven. But I can really take or leave Ev's warm up acts. I can't wait until they don't have any warm up acts.

I should also mention they came to DC FOUR times during their tour, played FOUR DIFFERENT VENUES. I didn't see them the first time. I saw them at a club, then a concert hall, then an ampitheater. They keep having to play bigger and bigger venues whenever they come back and it's always packed. They love DC, but not as much as we love them :love:

Aww really? Seether and Breaking Benjamin I thought were AWESOME!
Loveee Breaking Benjamin.....Three Days Grace was also there, another favorite band of mine, they were great too!!

Local radio station, Y100, is throwing a concert his weekend...FeAst-ival... Good Charlotte, Jimmy Eat World, Franz Ferdinand, The Hives and Silvertide are all going to be there.....I really want to go, mostly to see Jimmy Eat World.

I saw Evanescence February 04 and Sarah McLachlan July 04.

At Evvy's I didn't really care for Atomship, but kinda like Default. And ahh dude! I love Breaking Benjamin as well as Three Days Grace!!

For Sarah's the opening act, like Dante's was also Butterfly Boucher. She's great! Love her CD. And Holy Irina. Sarah's performancing was breath-taking, fun and wonderful. It was the best night of my life yet! I didn't get the best seats, but even though I was pretty far away, I had a decent view, plus they had screens and stuff. So I guess my seats weren't that bad even though they were high up there. I have to go to another one of her concerts. I do not CARE what seats I get. But next time, I better buy them earlier so I can get better seats!

Agent Verdi said:
Yeah...Simple Plan, Alicia Keys, Chingy, Bowling for Soup and Ryan Cabrera are that that.

I'd rather go to Feast-ival
[post="1092423"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I saw Good Charlotte at the NFL 2003 Kickoff concert here in DC and they were awful live, absolutely awful. I was pretty disappointed becuase I like their music. They're from the DC area originally and they kept doing DC and MD shout outs..lol.

Back