Daddy's Girl

Maybe we'll find out the truth about Maggie and who her mother is coughsydneycough in the next chapter. Yes??

Great update. It's good that everything with Nadia is all taken care of now. Thanks for the pm!

To everyone: Thanks for the reviews. Okay this is my all time favorite chapter(with, perhaps the final one coming in before it) so, READ AND ENJOY!
Addicts List(please let me know if you want to be added)
1. sydneymichael
2. leelow13
3. secretagent03
4. luckylass
5. Sydney L Bristow
6. ohiochic2010
7. secret agent angel
8. vaughnsgurl4lf
9. Lost soul
10. aprilsfool6
11. sparklingrainbow
12. secretfriend220
13. xMountineer02300844x
14. alias#1
15. AliasFreak90210
16. SYD96
17. maddy28

Chapter 34

Vaughn

I picked up Maggie from Carrie’s house, and took her home. She was quiet and much more subdued. We watched Beauty and the Beast(my choice, I didn’t want any evil mothers). We had pizza and pop, but she still barely talked, and smiled even less.

“What’s wrong, princess?”

“Mom’s bad, right?”

I nodded.

“And I’m half of her, so does that mean I’m bad too?”

I knelt before her, and placed my hands on either side of her face, “Princess, no. You aren’t bad, that was Mom. You are a different person.”

She pushed me away, “I hate her.”

I knew what she meant, “That’s okay, it’s good to get those feelings out.”

“I hope she dies,” she muttered under her breath, then looked over at me, to see if I would scold her. I didn’t.

Then she burst into tears, and I held her as she cried. Finally she cried herself to sleep and I placed her into her bed. I sat by her bed for a long time and stroked her hair. Then I got up and went into my room, lay down on my bed.

Lauren and I were rarely in bed together, but with her being gone, really gone, the bed felt wide and empty. I rolled over on my back and thought about Sydney, wondered where she was. Before I knew it, the toll of the last couple of days came roaring back and I fell asleep.

I was awoken by the sound of a phone ringing, it scrambled for it.

“Vaughn,” a voice said, though I didn’t recognize it, “get in here, quick.”

“What? I can’t, I’m here with my daughter. I can’t leave her alone.”

“Then bring her in too, just get in here.”

I got up, and roused Maggie. We both got dressed and I drove in, then walked into the Rotunda holding Maggie’s hand. I sat her in my desk chair, told her to stay their and went to find Dixon.

“What’s up? You said you needed me.”

“Yeah,” he looked pained, “Vaughn…”

“Is it Sydney?”

“No.” said Sydney, walking in. “It’s not me.”

I looked at Dixon for confirmation, he nodded, “She’ll be right out.”

“Who?”

But Dixon already left, I looked at Sydney, “Your mom?”

She shook her head, “Maybe. I don’t know.”

She followed me to my desk.

Maggie jumped up, “Sydney!” she cried and threw herself at Sydney, hugging her.

I saw Sydney go stiff, and I pulled Maggie away, “Why don’t you go find Eric?” I told her, hoping that he would have some answers.

“So, speaking of my mother.”

I looked up, wondering what had prompted this.

“Nadia’s my dad’s daughter. Irina…Mom didn’t have an affair with Sloane.”

“You’ve confirmed this?”

She shook her head, “They’re over in medical, running some tests, but Vaughn, I think she’s telling the truth.”

I didn’t say anything, but I didn’t like Irina, and didn’t think the woman was capable of telling the truth. Suddenly all the monitors went black, and the red word “lockdown” appeared on all the screens.

“We must have a high security prisoner,” Sydney said.

I was watching the exit, and as if in a bad dream Lauren Reed appeared, flanked by two guards. Maggie ran from behind me, and climbed into my arms. Lauren stopped before us and Maggie buried her head in my shoulder.

Lauren smirked, “Michael, good to see you.”

“You’re the one who called me in?”

She nodded, “They’re transporting me to Camp Harris for unrestricted interrogation. I wanted to see you before I left.”

I couldn’t believe her, “That’s it?”

“I love you Michael. I always did.”

“Get her out of here,” I said to the guards and they stepped towards her.

“But you always loved that brat more than you did me.”

Maggie gave a sob and held onto me tighter, “She is your daughter.” I snapped at Lauren.

Lauren laughed, “My daughter, what a joke. It was all Sloane’s idea, of course, I didn’t even think it would work. I obviously overestimated your intelligence.”

“What are you talking about?”

“After Sydney was taken, Sloane said that someone could get in, marry you and steal information. I volunteered, but it wasn’t working, because you still loved Sydney. So I pretended to be pregnant, and you married me you sap! But I needed a baby, so I padded my stomach, and hypnotized you to think that I was pregnant. We had to keep you drugged for about the first year of her birth, because she was four months old when she was ‘born’. The doctors, the hospital, everything was supplied by the Covenant.”

“And Maggie?”

Lauren let out a choked sob, “Does she even look like mine? That hair and those eyes, do you see any part of me in that child. She’s Sydney’s you idiot. The baby that Sydney lost, only she didn’t lose it and you were all too stupid.”

I looked at Sydney, who went very pale, Maggie lifted up her head and looked at Lauren, then at Sydney.

“And you wh**e, he always loved you best.”

What happened next happened so quickly that I had no time to think. Lauren, who must have used the revelation to stall for time, had picked the locks on her handcuffs. She grabbed a gun from on of the guards, grabbed Sydney and pressed the gun to her temple.

“Don’t move, or I will kill her.”

No one moved, I had put down Maggie, grabbed my gun from my coat, and pointed it at Lauren in what seemed like half a second.

“Put the gun down or I will kill the mother of your child,”

I didn’t move.

“Put the gun down, Michael.”

I lowered the gun.

A malicious smile spread across Lauren’s face, “My god!” she exclaimed, “You really are a boy scout.”

In a split second, I lifted the gun and fired twice, both bullets entering into Lauren’s skull. She collapsed, and Sydney pulled away. I ran to Sydney, wrapping my arms around her.

“I’m fine,” she rubbed my cheek. “I promise.”

Maggie came running over, and asked Sydney, “Are you really my mommy?”

I looked at Sydney who looked over at Lauren’s dead body, “I don’t know.”

Maggie looked at me, but I couldn’t provide a better answer than Sydney.

:jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: wow!! i knew it was coming but :jawdrop: :jawdrop: wow!! that was perfect!! lauren is dead!!! ** sings 'celebrate good times'** lauren isn't maggies mommy!!! sydney is!!! yeah!!! thanks for the pm!! update soon and pm me!!! thanks!!

Who called it?!? My theory was very true... but the whole drugging Vaughn thing during the first year was good. I'm glad that Lauren is dead now. Finally. It should have happened eons ago.

I feel bad for Maggie. Having a bad "mom"... but Lauren's really not her mom. But still, her 'mother figure' just turned out to be evil. I think she's acting very mature about the situation for someone her age.

So I wonder what to come for Sydney, Maggie, and Vaughn...

Great update!! Thanks for the pm!

OMG!!!!! :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:
Lauren's finally dead. Right? :thinking:
I knew Maggie was Sydneys.
Now Sydney, Vaughn and Maggie can be a family. I hope before this story is over Sydney and Vaughn get married. :thinking:
Thank you for the pm.
:surf:

Yay, he killed the COW! And he really doesn't have to feel sorry about it at all. So glad that we were all right! Maggie is Sydney and Michael's daughter! If I could dance I would be doing Weiss's happy dance!
Thanks for the PM

:jawdrop: I can't believe Lauren told them all that!! :jump: :D :woot: I totally called that!!! Yay!! She has to be Sydney's!! (y) This is definatly my favorite chapter so far! 👍 :Punkrock: More hope for S/V!! :syd4: + :vaughn1: = :love: :love: :lovers: !! Loved this update! Can't wait for your next!! I don't want this story to end soon! :stupidcomputer: :banghead: :mad: Sequel anyone??? ;) 😆 :woot:

lee 🐒

I'm a happy camper now - Lauren's dead 👍 and Maggie has been revealed as Sydney's daughter (all that's needed now to confirm it is a DNA test, but it's already a foregone conclusion)! :kicking:

That really was the best chapter yet - can't wait to see the final one. :D

Back