Damaged

Nick has superhuman hearing hearing skills lol

Well, guys like girl parts and more girls, more girl parts lol At least that's how I figure it. I'd ask a male reader if this true but it seems like only Charlie reads this fic and here's not around right now.

I didn't want her reasons for waiting to be religious, just pracatical. I know that not everyone believes in a religion. I just wanted Ky to present some reasons that everyone should consider but I'm not saying that waiting is for everyone, just for her. I never want her to be preachy or judgemntal of those who don't share this belief. Also, Ky is "melting" her cold exterior and it had to be known that she is still a romantic despite what she's been through.

I also love Nick when he's being real and sweet with her. And it's nice to know that you're in happy land lol

I am nowhere near done with it (but I didn't want to be a heavy breathing lurker...hehe)...

But I had to post and let you know that I love it so far! It's awesome. So realistic and believable. I actually feel like I'm in the middle of the story watching the characters.

So, I promise I'm going to read the rest of it, because it's too good not to!

Just had to review though to let you know that I love it ^_^

lol, I see your fingerprints on my window but no worries, I'll wipe them away with my newspaper and windex. :D :lol: ;)

Thank you so much for reading and replying, I really do appreciate it! I really wanted this novel to be real and I want the readers to relate to these characters as well. I suck at writing fantasy maybe it's because I'm not really a huge fan of that genre. :Ph34r:

Thanks again!

So how much longer til I get a new chapter to enjoy? :thinking: I could use another trip to happy land. I'm personally fond of the floating feeling. *nod*

~Mel~

Sorry I haven't been on in awhile but I just read your update because I am a loyal fan... :lol: But I loved it. I liked how Ky thinks that way about premartial sex. And "aw" about Nick. I love him.... lol Update soon please!

*stares at screen*
Oh...My...God...
Alright, so Ive now figured out that I have major issues - seeing as how I just sat down like, oh, three hours ago to read this...and here I am, done with it... *sigh*
PLEASE pm me when you update!
This story is amazing...God, Im practically speechless...
The way you portray the characters makes them seem very alive to me, and I love everyone of them, Even Jacob's who is totally going against what I very strongly believe in.
Anna has got to be one of my favorite characters, because behind her perky, live-it-up spirit shes got some emotionlas things going on too...and then Nick....where to begin? How about with him being a total jerk? But that doesnt seem to do him glory anymore - after everything hes done to try and soften Ky up...
Well, all in all, I am completely loving this story, and your writting ability - please let me know when more is up.
Ash

Hello mah babies! :D For the past week I have been deprived of the internet due to lack of..funds...anyway, all that withdrawal time resulted in TWO chapters getting done. Here's the deal, today I will post one chapter and the next will be tomorrow. Here it is!

Chapter 26
Stroking Angel’s soft fur, Joey watched Lawrence and Hayden as they told her about their date the other night. The four had just finished having lunch and decided to bring their conversation to her living room. With a small smile on her face, she couldn’t help but to feel a little bit envious as she watched her friends. All of her straight friends were either single or married, but Lawrence and Hayden were different. After five years of dating, they still acted as if every moment they spent together would be their last. Their bond is what makes her believe in love and that it is possible to sustain a relationship without losing oneself. Every time that she was near them, she felt blessed, blessed to be in the presence of true love.

Dotingly, Lawrence held Hayden’s hand and picked a piece of lint from his golden blond hair as he continued to tell Joey about the other night. It seemed as if Hayden’s wide smile was plastered on his chiseled face. With his grayish hazel eyes, Hayden gazed at his boyfriend and hung on his every word.
“So, we get there and the place is packed,” Lawrence said.
“It was unbelievable.” Hayden added. “There was a list for the waiting list.”
“Oh I hate it when restaurants have those!” Joey said as she continued to pet the Yorkshire terrier that sat on her lap.
“Anyway, as we were waiting, we saw and overheard this Texan couple that was near the door. This guy was a full-on cowboy businessman with the hat, the boots and even the tie! He was b****ing to his wife about how he hated the restaurant because it was too ‘foo foo’ and it because it was filled with ‘Hollywood Queers’.”
Joey shook her head and groaned. “I cannot stand people like that. What did you guys do?”
“What any couple would have done in our situation,” Lawrence said before looking at Hayden to answer.
Hayden chuckled as he said, “We made out, the prick was so disgusted that he took his wife and as they were leaving we took their table.”
“Overall, it was a good night,” he put his arm around Hayden.
“You are such a quick-wit,” he gave him a small kiss on the lips.
“God,” she took Angel off her lap. “You two are so cute..you make nauseous,” she teased.
“Hey, it’s not my fault that your man hasn’t called you! It is Valentine’s Day for gawd sakes,” Lawrence said.
“Lawrence stop it, ok? He’s probably busy, he’ll call,” she said trying to convince him and her as well.
Hayden reached across the glass coffee table and placed his hand on top of hers. “He’ll call, I know he will.” He gave her a reassuring smile.
“You’re sweet,” she touched his hand, “unlike some people,” she shot a look towards Lawrence.
He rolled his eyes, “Whatever.”
“We better get going, we don’t want to be late,” Hayden stood up.
Lawrence stood beside him. “Late for what?”
“If I told you, it wouldn’t be a surprise.”
“I love surprises!” He beamed.
“I hope you two have a great day,” she led them to the door.
They exchanged quick hugs and kisses before leaving. Taking a moment for herself, she leaned her back against the door. Silently, she waited for her house phone to ring and hoped that it was Harrison. Disappointed, she began to slowly move away from the door before hearing a noise outside.
Curiously, she opened the door and felt her lips curl into a huge smile. Letting go of the door handle, she covered her mouth with her hands and stepped onto the stone porch. Feelings tears of joy forming in her eyes, she removed her hands from her mouth and smiled at Harrison.
Holding a small stereo above his head, he made his way towards her while “With or Without You" by U2 blared from the stereo’s speakers. When he stepped onto stone porch, he lowered the stereo and held it to his side.

They took a moment to enjoy the silence. Wrapping her arms around his neck, she kissed him while bringing him into the house. When she gently pulled away from him, he leaned his forehead against hers as he set the stereo onto the small table next to the staircase. Dropping his left shoulder, he let his messenger gently slide off his arm and rested it against the floor.
Her smile was radiant as she looked into his eyes. “I can’t believe you remembered that Say Anything was my favorite movie,” she asked before giving him a small kiss.
He wiped away her tears. “I remember everything that you tell me and I really hope those tears of joy.”
Immediately nodding, she sniffled. “I’m just-I mean, I never thought I’d feel this way again. No man has ever treated me the way that you have.”
“That’s a real shame, because you deserve the best,” he stroked the side of her face.
Joey closed her eyes and savored his loving touch. Words could not describe her elation. “So, what do you want to do?” She asked before opening her eyes.
His hands traveled down her back and clasped onto her small waist. “Whatever you want.”
“Dance with me?”
“You read my mind,” he kissed her forehead and slowly, they swayed their bodies to the music. Resting her head on his shoulder, she breathed in subtle fresh scent of his cologne. In his warm embrace, she felt protected but most importantly, she felt extremely blessed to be in the arms of a good man. As the song ended, she left a trail of kisses on his neck and planted the last kiss on his mouth.
Withdrawing from her, he held her hands. “I’ve planned a little something for you.”
“I can’t wait to see what it is.”
“Actually, you gonna have to. I need to use your master bathroom.”
“For how long?”
“I don’t know,” he dropped his shoulders, “about ten minutes.”
“And what am I supposed to do?”
“Wait here like the angel that you are until I call you?”
She smiled at being called an angel. “I can do that. It’s the third door on her left.”
“I won’t be long,” he kissed her mouth and with a little bit of hesitation, he went upstairs.
The minute she heard the bathroom door close, she sped into the bathroom next to the kitchen and began primping herself. Using her fingers, she combed through her long champagne blond hair and pulled out tubes of mascara and lip gloss from the drawer below the sink. Quickly but carefully, she applied mascara to each eye and then unscrewed her lip gloss’s wand.
“Joey, it’s ready!” Harrison yelled down to her.
A low curse escaped from her lips as she finished apply her lip gloss. “I’m on my way!” Before exiting the bathroom, she glanced at her reflection and exhaled.

Beneath her bare feet, she felt soft white carpet brushed against her gentles soles as she made her up the stairs to Harrison. When she was in reaching distance, he pulled her to him and tenderly kissed her.
“Mmm….vanilla,” he said after licking his lips. “I didn’t know that you had edible lip gloss.”
Flirtatiously, she smiled, “I also have….” She whispered into his ear.
He arched an eyebrow as she told him. “I did not know that they made that.”
“I didn’t either, until I got them as a birthday gift from Lawrence. Although I never really had a reason to use them…until now.”
His smile widen as he nodded. Touching the side of her face, he told her, “We have all the time in the world for that.”
She had never met a man that understood and knew that foreplay didn’t begin in the bedroom. Taking his hand, she said, “I know we do. So, what’s this surprise you have to show me?”
Getting behind her, he wrapped his arms around her waist. “Close your eyes and you’ll find out.”
Obeying his request, she said, “They’re closed.” Feeling the roughness of his hands against her bare stomach, she couldn’t help but giggle.
“What is it?” He asked as he led her into the bathroom.
“Nothing, it’s just your hands make me ticklish.” Sniffing the air, she caught the fragrant smell of melon and some floral scent that her nose couldn’t recognize.
“Well, I hope you don’t laugh now. You can open your eyes.”
A gasp of pure astonishment came from her lips as she marveled at what he had done for her.
Rose petals were scattered on the marble floor and floated in the bathtub filled of suds. An array of peach colored candles surrounded the porcelain tub and released the sweet melon aroma that greeted Joey when she first entered. Next to the waterfall faucet were two small bowls, one was filled with dark red strawberries and the other contained melted fudge; her favorite dessert.
Never in her twenty years of dating, had she ever received such a romantic and well though out gift. The old Joey would have suspected that such a gift was only given to her with sex in mind. However, she followed her instincts and knew that with Harrison, there were no games, and no ulterior motives. He was just what she always dreamed of and needed; a good man with a kind heart.
Turning to him, she said, “I love it.”
Releasing a sigh of relief, Harrison said, “I hoped that you would.”
“Oh come on,” she held his hands, “with the strawberries and the fudge, you knew that I would.”
“Maybe a little,” he grinned.
“I just feel so bad, I didn’t get you anything. I’m a horrible girlfriend.” She pouted.
“Joey, just seeing your face, and being near you is enough. And you are so far being a horrible girlfriend,” he hooked his forefingers in the belt loops of her jeans and gently pulled her to him. With great fervor, their lips met.
When their mouths parted, she titled her head upwards and ran her fingers through his dark hair. “There’s enough room for both of us.”
He was secretly intrigued and a bit turned on at her suggestion. “Joey, as enticing as that offer sounds; I don’t want you to feel as if you owe me anything. I didn’t do this to just sleep with you.” He placed his fingertips under her chin. “I think we could be something great and I don’t want it ruin. Oh God, Ericsson has been rubbing off on me.”
Chuckling, she pressed her full chest against him. “Harrison, I’m on the same page as you are. I just want to share this with you.”
He took a few moments before speaking. “Are you sure about this?”
“Yes. Did you pack a pair swimming trunks?”
Wearing a blank expression, he answered, “Damn it, all I brought was my man-thong.” He smirked at her.
“Very funny,” she lightly tapped his chest.
“I did pack them, not because I was planning to join you. The hotel I’m staying at has a pool.”
“You didn’t have to explain. Why don’t you,” she put her forefinger over his heart, “go into my room and change.”
“Ok, I won’t take long,” he picked up his messenger bag.
“I know,” she tipped her head.
After watching him leave, she undressed and stepped into the mass of suds. Her nerves were eased and she felt as if she had fallen into a wet warm floral oasis. "Angel Eyes" by the Jeff Healy band began playing as she settled in. Sitting up, she bent her knees and freely moved her hands. She parted her long hair and covered each breast. Playfully, she blew a puff of suds of her palm and smiled when she heard the door open behind her. Her mouth opened when he stood in front of her.

Girl, you're looking fine tonight,
and every guy has got you in his sights
What you're doing with a clown like me,
is surely one of life's little mysteries

So tonight I'll ask the stars above,
"How did I ever win your love?"
What did I do?
What did I say,
to turn your angel eyes my way?

The pullover sweaters and khaki pants that he usually wore did not do his body any justice. His skin was similar to hers; naturally tan and his leg muscles were well sculpted. With his toned arms, he covered his stomach.
“Harrison, why are you doing that?” She asked him.
“I have a beer belly and if I were you, I wouldn’t find it very attractive,” he kept his arms over his stomach.
“Sweetie, I really don’t care,” she scooted forward to make room for him. “Come in, the water is fabulous.”
“All right,” he removed his arms and joined her in the oasis.

Well, I'm the guy who never learned to dance,
never even got one second glance
Across a crowded room was close enough,
I could look but I could never touch

What did I do?
What did I say,

Leaning against his body, she rested her arms on his hairy bent legs and felt his rapid heartbeat against her back. Affectionately, she reached up and stroked his face and told him to relax. He exhaled and apologized to her. Turing her face to him, she gazed into his blue eyes and then, that’s when it hit her; she was in love. She gave him the sweetest kiss.

Don't anyone wake me,
if it's just a dream
'Cause she's the best thing,
that's ever happened to me

All you fellows, you can look all you like,
but this girl, you see, she's leavin' here with me tonight

Tenderly, he ran his fingers down her arms and kissed the nape of her neck. His mouth traveled down the side of her neck where he then brushed his lips against the soft smooth skin on her shoulder. He concealed his smile when he heard a small moan escape from her lips; he had discovered one of her erogenous spots. After giving her sweet spot one last kiss, he captured her lips with his as he dipped a plump strawberry into the bowl of melted fudge. Fondly, he fed the delectable dessert to the woman that he loved.

There's just one more thing that I have to know,
if this is love why does it scare me so?
It must be something only you can see,
'cause girl I feel it when you look at me

The teenage boy in him felt as if he were in a wonderful dream. Here he was, taking a bath with the woman of his dreams and yet, he felt unworthy of her. Then, the man that he had become realized that he was deserving of what he had and that his fantasy paled in comparison to the reality.

What did I do?
What did I say,

It was an unusual spring like day in the city of Boston. The blinding sun was directly above Fenway Park and the air was a cool sixty-five degrees. In front of the left field wall or the Green Monster, Nick and Ky enjoyed a romantic picnic and watched The Goonies on the large video screen. When the closing credits appeared, Nick moved closer to Ky. As she picked a chocolate chip cookie off the plate next to her, he planted a lingering kiss on her cheek.
“What was that for?” She asked before she began nibbling on the cookie.
Dropping, “I don’t know, you just looked so cute and I felt like kissing you.”
“You are too sweet,” she rested her hand on top of his and felt his fingers curl into hers. “And I’m not! I feel like a jerk, I didn’t get you anything and you planned this amazing picnic.”
“Ky, you didn’t know what I had planned, ok? Don’t beat yourself up over it,” he put a reassuring hand on her shoulder.
“Still, I should have known that we were going to do something. I mean, I am your girlfriend.”
He immediately paused when heard her. It was the first time she had called herself his girlfriend and that he belonged to her. “What did you just say?”
Taking a swig from her bottled water, she held her forefinger and answered him after swallowing. “That I was your girlfriend?”
“Can you say that again because I really like how that sounds,” his smile was enormous.
“Why are you making such a big deal about it? You’re my boyfriend and I’m your girlfriend and I’m a horrible one at that,” she bent her knees and looked down at them.
“Would you just stop? You are not horrible!” He lifted her face with his forefinger.
“Really? You plan out this incredibly romantic picnic at Fenway, you arrange for the control room to play one of my favorite movies and you gave me this beautiful platinum bracelet,” she held up her wrist. “And what did I get you? Nothing! Even if I did, it wouldn’t even come close to what you’ve given me,” she sighed. “Besides, what could I get the guy that has everything?”
He locked eyes with her. “You.”
She opened her mouth to speak but closed it. Timidly, she looked away from him. Although she close to the edge, she wasn’t quite ready to take that leap. Her eyes met with his. “You have me.”
“No, I have pieces and for now it’s enough but it won’t be in the long run. Let me into your world,” he cupped the side of her neck.
“Isn’t that what I’ve been doing all along?”
“Well yeah but..I’ve shared a lot with you and you haven’t.”
“What do you want to know?”
Shrugging, he said, “I don’t know. How about your childhood?”
Her heart stopped. She barely spoke of her upbringing and when she did, it was to the only person that would understand, Harrison. “What about it?” She said, while secretly praying that he wouldn’t ask about her father.
“How about your parents?”
She waited a beat before replying. “My mother was incredible. She was funny, smart, loving and everyone loved her. From I could remember, she was never angry and didn’t have a hateful bone in her body. God, she was so ..luminous.” She smiled.
It surprised him to see how calm and soft she became when she spoke of her mother. “She sounded like a great person.”
“She was. I have a picture of her. Do you wanna see it?”
Nodding, he said, “I would.”
Pulling her purse over to her, she said, “It’s really old, I was like two when it was taken,” she took out her wallet and opened it.
“Oh wow,” he admired the photograph. “She was really beautiful.” He glanced at her. “You look like her.”
“I get that a lot. Don’t you love my haircut?” She joked.
“Yeah, you look like the missing Beatle.”
They both laughed. “Thanks a lot!” She put her wallet back in her purse.
“I’m kidding, you look cute,” he playfully pinched her face.
“Ow!” She exaggerated.
“You’re such a baby.”
“Well you’re a jackass,” she zipped her purse shut knowing the question that he was about to ask.
“What happened to her?”
She took a few moments to herself before answering. “She died in a plane crash when I was twelve,” she held back her tears.
“I’m sorry,” he kissed the side of her forehead.
“Me too. I miss her,” she leaned her head against his shoulder.
He wrapped his arm around her. “I would too.”
“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to depress you.”
“You didn’t. How about your fath-.”
She quickly cut him off. “Nick, there are some things that I’m not ready to share with you yet. So please, don’t ask me about him.”
“Ok,” he whispered.
“Nick?” She didn’t face him.
“Yes?”
“I know that you haven’t had sex, but I need to know. How far have you been?”
He knew that this question was going to be asked but he still wasn’t prepared to answer it. Admittedly, a part of him was afraid to answer it.
“Nick?” She asked.
“Do you wanna know what I’ve done or what’s been done to me?”
Reluctantly, she said, “Both.”
Sighing, he answered her. “I’ve had three girlfriends. My first one was Faith, we were in 8th grade. So all we did was kiss. Freshmen year, there was Hilary and we just… touched each other. We only dated for four months. Then, from sophomore year till last summer I dated Stacey.”
“I know her.”
“Everyone does, she’s class president and she’s been homecoming queen every year,” he explained.
“Yeah, but that’s not how I know her. See, during my freshmen year her and her lemmings pushed me and called me a scrub. So, we got into a little… scuffle.”
“Great,” he groaned. “How bad was it?”
“I’m the reason she got a nose job,” she kept face away from his and smirked.
He laughed. “She denies it,” he added. “Anyway, she would only let me touch her.” He didn’t want to reveal anymore but he knew that she wanted to know more.
Sensing his hesitation, she took her head off his shoulder and met his eyes. “What did she do to you?”
“Are you sure wanna know?”
“Yes, I do.”
“She blew me.”
“Oh.” She hadn’t really expected his bluntness.
He could tell how uncomfortable she was. “Ky, just because I went that far with her doesn’t mean that I expect you to do the same.”
“Really? Because..I honestly don’t know if I could go that far,” she spoke with great uncertainty.
“And I’m fine with that. I don’t ever want you to feel pressured or uncomfortable with me,” his knuckles grazed the side of her face. “I wouldn’t push you into doing something that you’re not ready for. I respect you.” He wanted so much to tell her that he loved her but he knew that now wasn’t the time.
“I know that you do and that’s why I belong to you,” she grinned.
“And I belong to you,” he proudly added.
Together, they sat side by side and stared into the distance. They had just reached a new level of emotional intimacy and silently, they decided to enjoy the moment. All of a sudden, a small white puppy wearing a red ribbon ran in front of them. He summoned the little canine by whistling.
“I hope you like your second gift,” he kissed her on the cheek and handed her the puppy.
Ecstatic, she squealed as she accepted the puppy. Immediately, her smile faded when she realized what she had done. “Oh my God, did I just squeal like a mindless twit?”
“It was a squeal,” he tipped his head.
“Promise me that you won’t tell anyone,” she pleaded with him.
Scratching behind the canine’s ear, he said, “Why? I like seeing you happy.”
“I don’t want anyone knowing that I can imitate a barnyard animal,” she fed a cookie to the puppy.
“I think it’s HOT,” he kidded.
Slapping his chest, she said, “I’m serious! Promise me.”
“Fine, your secret dies with me.”
“You swear?”
He put his hand on his chest. “Cross my heart.”
“Thank you,” she turned her attention to the puppy. “I can’t believe you got me a puppy!”
“It’s a mixed breed, a Maltese and a miniature poodle,” he told knowing how she was going to react.
She took a moment to let his words sink in. “You really can listen to me and ogle at my breasts at the same time,” she hugged him. “Thanks, I love him!”
“I knew you would. What are ya gonna name him?”
“Since we’re at Fenway, I’ll name him Remy.”
“I couldn’t have chosen a better name.” He always loved seeing her in high spirits. Quietly, he smiled as he watched the girl that he loved enjoy his gift.

In her arms, Remy slept soundlessly as her and Nick entered her house. She couldn’t help but smile when Nick set down Remy’s bed in the kitchen next to the back door. Gently, she placed the napping puppy on its bed and covered its little furry body with a small blanket. Silently, they left the kitchen together and returned to the living room.
Placing her hands on his sculpted pectorals, she looked into his eyes. “Today was…there are no words.”
His hands slid under shirt and grasped the sides of her waist. He loved touching her soft skin. “I hope it was better than your last Valentine’s Day.”
“Believe me, it was. I’ll never forget it.”
“It’s not quite over yet,” his hands off of her and removed a folded piece of paper from his pocket. “I know that you’re the writer in this relationship but I’ve kept to myself for awhile now,” he unfolded it and hand it to her.
Unsure how to react, she took the poem and put it on the coffee table without even glancing at it. Just like that, she pushed him out of her world, again.

Behind his dark eyes, he felt his tears forming and didn’t try to hold them back. Their entire day was now ruined by her coldness. He had poured his heart out in the poem and she wouldn’t even read it. Never in his life had his heart been so torn, so overcome with pain and anger.

“You did not just do that to me,” his voice was raw with emotional. She avoided his eyes. “Look at me!” Finally, she did. “Do you know how long it took me to write that for you? How hard it was to find words that could describe what I feel for you? I put everything I had into that poem that was my heart!” His voice cracked, he cleared his throat and continued speaking. “You just tore it out of my chest and stomped on it! Do you enjoy doing this me?! Just when I think I’ve finally gotten to you, you just push me away!” Ignoring the hot tears falling down his face, he said, “Is this some sick game to you? I mean, do you even care about me? I know this doesn’t make any sense but sometimes I have to turn around to see if you’re behind him, to know that you’re there! And I’m just tired of it!” Not wanting to hear her reply, he stormed out of the house hoping that she would at least chase after him; she didn’t.

Sitting down on the couch, she let his words register in her mind. Not once did she interrupt him, because she knew that every word that left his mouth was the truth. It was what she needed to hear. Using her fingers, she dragged the poem across the coffee table and read it to herself.
Breaking Through
I never knew what I was looking for
Until I saw you walked through that door
Your beautiful face, I didn’t recognize
Still, I was hypnotized
Then, I became conflicted
My feelings for you, wouldn’t be accepted
Like a fool, I had to pretend
To please my so-called friend
My heart and my mind were always fighting
I surrendered, because there was no denying
That there was nothing I could do
To stop wanting you
So, like a little boy
I came up with a ploy
Just to be in your presence
To feel your captivating essence
I was mesmerized by your beauty
But pained by your brutal honesty
The walls you’ve built seem unyielding
To prevent you from feeling
But inside you’re still broken
Now, your fragile heart is frozen
With time and patience, I WILL break through
All that I ask, all that I need, is to let me love you

Crying, she pulled some tissues from the box on the end table and wiped away her tears. It was the most beautiful poem that she had ever read and it was the only one that she had received. She held it against her heart and wept.

Outside of Ky’s house, Nick sat in his car knowing that he had to go in. Earlier that day, during class, she had dropped a note on his table asking him to drop by. His anger since yesterday had faded, but he wasn’t about to let her know it. During class, he didn’t even look at her. Now, he was in front of her house pondering whether he should enter and accept her apology. He cursed to himself and got out of the car. As he closed the door, a car that he didn’t recognize pulled up next to him.

The driver was a male teenager, about his height, dark haired and he was fair skinned. When he got out of his car, he went over to Nick and glared at him with his emerald green eyes.
As Nick was sizing this stranger up, he then realized who he was. He had never seen his face but from the glare that he received he could only be one person; Chris.
“What are you doing here?” Chris asked.
Folding his arms, Nick replied, “I’m here to see my girlfriend,” he took one small step forward. He had purposely used the term as his own verbal jab.
Scoffing in disbelief, Chris rolled his eyes and said, “Just because you’re trying to get into her pants, doesn’t mean that you’re her boyfriend.” He advanced towards the house.
Nick stood directly in front of him. He couldn’t believe the nerve Chris had. Nick had never hated someone that he never met; until now. “Look, Chris, Ky’s with me now. So, why don’t you just stop wasting your time and leave. Better yet, why don’t go and f*** one of her friends again.”
His eyes became pinched and he scowled. “You don’t anything about us,” he clenched his jaw.
“I know enough,” he moved closer to him, they were face-to-face.
“Get out of my face,” Chris warned.
“You first.”
Chris shoved him. In response, he charged towards him and took him down to the ground.
“Stop it!” Ky yelled as she ran towards them. Using all her strength, she pulled Chris off of Nick. She offered her hand to her boyfriend and pulled him onto his feet. Cupping the side of his bruised face, she asked, “Are you ok?”
Bobbing his head, he answered, “I’ll be fine.” He hissed in pain, agitating his busted lip by replying to her.
“Jesus, your cheek is bruised and your lip is bleeding. I need to get you inside,” she looked into his dark eyes and grazed his bruised cheek with her fingertips.
Getting onto his feet, Chris stared at them in complete shock. The girl that he loved didn’t choose him. “Ky, what the hell are you doing with him?!”
Calmly, she went over to him and kicked him in the crotch. In utter agony, he wailed and returned to the ground. Grabbing his shirt, she said, “You are not a part of my life anymore. And if you ever try to pull this s*** again, I will do more than hurt you.” She returned to a smiling Nick and brought him inside.

“I’ll be right back,” she left him alone in the living room.
As he quietly waited on the couch, his mind digested what had happened outside. She had chosen him over her first love and she had protected him. What she had done was the kindest and most thoughtful gesture that anyone girl had done for him. She returned with an ice pack and a wet hand towel in her hands.
Seating herself on the coffee table, she said, “I always thought that Chris hit like a girl, I guess I was wrong,” she smiled as she put the ice pack in his hand and brought it to bruised cheekbone.
“Hey, I got in a few blows,” he added before sighing. The coolness of the ice pack soothed his throbbing pain.
“I know, he’s gonna have a beautiful shiner on his right eye. This is gonna sting a little,” she held the wet towel over his bleeding wound. She saw him wince and apologized.
“I’ll live. Although I don’t know about Chris, I mean you really gave it to him.”
“No one messes with my boyfriend,” she took his free hand. “Nick, about yesterday-.”
“Ky, you don’t have to-.”
“Yes, I do. What I did was heartless and just cruel, and I’m sorry. I’m sorry that I hurt you,” she placed his hand on her thigh and their fingers curled together. “Your poem..was beautiful and I should’ve read it when you gave it to me. Everything that you did for me was perfect and I ruined it. Can you forgive me?” She gazed at him with hopeful yet apologetic eyes.
“Yes. Besides, how can I stay mad at my scrappy little streetfighter?” He grinned. “You’ve dealt with all the felgercarb I put you through, it’s the least I can do.”
Without warning, she kissed his forehead and then both sides of his face. He closed his eyes and enjoyed feeling her soft pillow lips on his skin.
“Not that I’m complaining, but what was that for?” He asked her.
“For Chris and yesterday.”
“Interesting. If my lip weren’t bleeding would you?”
“Definitely,” her smile was a bit flirtatious.
“Damn it.”
She let go of his hand and pulled a platinum bracelet from her jean pocket. “My mother gave me this bracelet on my twelfth birthday. She told me that she purposely got it in a large size so I can wear as long as I lived. She gave it to me two months before the plane crash,” her voice broke. “I never wear it because it’s just too hard for me. I want you to have it,” she welcomed the tears that escaped from her eyes.
He held his composure and shook his head. “Ky, I can’t accept this.”
“Yes,” she put the bracelet around his wrist, “you can. It’s not my heart but it’s very, very close to it. And just so you know, you never have to turn around to know if I’m there. I always am,” she caressed the unmarked side of his face. He leaned his forehead against hers.

:lol: Only a reader of mine would think that a girl physically defending her boyfriend as sweetness lol I wish someone fine man would feed me strawberries dipped in fudge :blush:

I dont' understand why Ky all of a sudden just wouldn't read the poem. :confused:

Harrison was so sweet though. The bath, the strawberry and fudge. :love: 🤤 Though it is a funny image seeing someone carrying a stero over their head. :lol: :rotflmao:

Nick *sigh* what can I say. Do I believe that he's turned for the better? of course but what's going to happen between Ky and Nick now? He's going to break her down eventually right?

It's so sad that Ky's mom died when she was 12! That's just. :cry:

I love the updates! Sorry for the late review, end of the year brings with it way too much work to do. ;)
--Mandy :angelic:

mystery_chick said:
I dont' understand why Ky all of a sudden just wouldn't read the poem. :confused:

Harrison was so sweet though. The bath, the strawberry and fudge. :love: 🤤 Though it is a funny image seeing someone carrying a stereo over their head. :lol: :rotflmao:

Nick *sigh* what can I say. Do I believe that he's turned for the better? of course but what's going to happen between Ky and Nick now? He's going to break her down eventually right?

It's so sad that Ky's mom died when she was 12! That's just. :cry:

I love the updates! Sorry for the late review, end of the year brings with it way too much work to do. ;)
--Mandy :angelic:
[post="1340726"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Ky's reasons for not reading his poem at first will be explained in the next update. Which will not be a for awhile, sorry all! It'll be at little bit more than a week. I'll be on vacation!

Harrison is fantubulous!

I can''t really answer your questions about Nick. He can be really sweet though :D

Ive been procrastinating on reviewing this because I wanted to be able to give you a good review and I wanted all my other PMs gone first...but now I just feel like a horrible reviewer cause you posted liek two weeks ago, and though I read it I never left you a reply...*hides*
*peeks head out* Is it safe yet?
Alright, well Im gonan use the little bold thingy-ma-bobbers cause there could end up being more than ten...and Im gonna start with the begining of the second update and work backwords...only cause its easier for me...yea, I know, Im lazy...

“Still, I should have known that we were going to do something. I mean, I am your girlfriend.”
He immediately paused when heard her. It was the first time she had called herself his girlfriend and that he belonged to her. “What did you just say?”
Taking a swig from her bottled water, she held her forefinger and answered him after swallowing. “That I was your girlfriend?”
“Can you say that again because I really like how that sounds,” his smile was enormous.
“Why are you making such a big deal about it? You’re my boyfriend and I’m your girlfriend and I’m a horrible one at that,” she bent her knees and looked down at them.

I love how it seems theyre playing opposite ends of the feild. He thinks its something big - because shes getting closer to letting him in, where as from my point of veiw shes just taking it as a title...yet, I dont think they could be any more synchronized with the realization of what they have...

“Besides, what could I get the guy that has everything?”
He locked eyes with her. “You.”
She opened her mouth to speak but closed it. Timidly, she looked away from him. Although she close to the edge, she wasn’t quite ready to take that leap. Her eyes met with his. “You have me.”
“No, I have pieces and for now it’s enough but it won’t be in the long run. Let me into your world,” he cupped the side of her neck.

Alright, this is something I would like to point out - One of the things I love about this story is that you have me contradicting myself, which is what Im doing right here. I just said I believed they were on the same page, where as now I want to take that back - they both seem to have complete different morals and opinions on the matter...which is it already?!

“You didn’t. How about your fath-.”
She quickly cut him off. “Nick, there are some things that I’m not ready to share with you yet. So please, don’t ask me about him.”
“Ok,” he whispered.

I think he touched a sore spot, and yes I know why, but I kinda think he should too. Not that its really any of his business – but for future reference it would be better if he knew rather than mention something and have Ky get pissed at him later on.

“Nick?” She didn’t face him.
“Yes?”
“I know that you haven’t had sex, but I need to know. How far have you been?”
He knew that this question was going to be asked but he still wasn’t prepared to answer it. Admittedly, a part of him was afraid to answer it.
“Nick?” She asked.

And this would be when I got worried… a topic like this isn’t something for an afternoon stroll in the park, and I have a feeling none of us really want to know…Also, the fact that he’s reluctant to answer her cant be a very good sign…

“Do you wanna know what I’ve done or what’s been done to me?”
Reluctantly, she said, “Both.”

*gulps* I don’t think that was a very goos sign either… if Ky really was smart shed leave the subject far away…drag it out to the desert burry it and never come back… but, from what I gather she’s a curious person…*sighs*

“I know her.”
“Everyone does, she’s class president and she’s been homecoming queen every year,” he explained.
“Yeah, but that’s not how I know her. See, during my freshmen year her and her lemmings pushed me and called me a scrub. So, we got into a little… scuffle.”
“Great,” he groaned. “How bad was it?”
“I’m the reason she got a nose job,” she kept face away from his and smirked.

I just thought that was cute, I can only imagine Kys version of a ‘minor scuffle’ seeing as how she acted at the beginning of this story…

He laughed. “She denies it,” he added. “Anyway, she would only let me touch her.” He didn’t want to reveal anymore but he knew that she wanted to know more.
Sensing his hesitation, she took her head off his shoulder and met his eyes. “What did she do to you?”
“Are you sure wanna know?”

Nope…*plugs ears* *covers eyes* I cant hear you…lalalalala…lalalala… moving right along, before we corrupt my innocence…

Ecstatic, she squealed as she accepted the puppy. Immediately, her smile faded when she realized what she had done. “Oh my God, did I just squeal like a mindless twit?”
“It was a squeal,” he tipped his head.
“Promise me that you won’t tell anyone,” she pleaded with him.
Scratching behind the canine’s ear, he said, “Why? I like seeing you happy.”
“I don’t want anyone knowing that I can imitate a barnyard animal,” she fed a cookie to the puppy.
“I think it’s HOT,” he kidded.
Slapping his chest, she said, “I’m serious! Promise me.”
“Fine, your secret dies with me.”
“You swear?”
He put his hand on his chest. “Cross my heart.”

Haha, that was priceless – she squeels and then threatens him… but a puppy *melts*

“It’s not quite over yet,” his hands off of her and removed a folded piece of paper from his pocket. “I know that you’re the writer in this relationship but I’ve kept to myself for awhile now,” he unfolded it and hand it to her.

That’s So sweet! Hes trying so hard – God, why cant every man in the human race be more like sweet little Nick?

Unsure how to react, she took the poem and put it on the coffee table without even glancing at it. Just like that, she pushed him out of her world, again.
Behind his dark eyes, he felt his tears forming and didn’t try to hold them back. Their entire day was now ruined by her coldness. He had poured his heart out in the poem and she wouldn’t even read it. Never in his life had his heart been so torn, so overcome with pain and anger.
“You did not just do that to me,” his voice was raw with emotional. She avoided his eyes. “Look at me!” Finally, she did. “Do you know how long it took me to write that for you? How hard it was to find words that could describe what I feel for you? I put everything I had into that poem that was my heart!” His voice cracked, he cleared his throat and continued speaking. “You just tore it out of my chest and stomped on it! Do you enjoy doing this me?! Just when I think I’ve finally gotten to you, you just push me away!” Ignoring the hot tears falling down his face, he said, “Is this some sick game to you? I mean, do you even care about me? I know this doesn’t make any sense but sometimes I have to turn around to see if you’re behind him, to know that you’re there! And I’m just tired of it!” Not wanting to hear her reply, he stormed out of the house hoping that she would at least chase after him; she didn’t.

Oh god… uh oh…that’s all Ive got to say on this one…*sighs* you cant take something back after you say it…and those – were clearly said…

Breaking Through
I never knew what I was looking for
Until I saw you walked through that door
Your beautiful face, I didn’t recognize
Still, I was hypnotized
Then, I became conflicted
My feelings for you, wouldn’t be accepted
Like a fool, I had to pretend
To please my so-called friend
My heart and my mind were always fighting
I surrendered, because there was no denying
That there was nothing I could do
To stop wanting you
So, like a little boy
I came up with a ploy
Just to be in your presence
To feel your captivating essence
I was mesmerized by your beauty
But pained by your brutal honesty
The walls you’ve built seem unyielding
To prevent you from feeling
But inside you’re still broken
Now, your fragile heart is frozen
With time and patience, I WILL break through
All that I ask, all that I need, is to let me love you

I love that poem…

His eyes became pinched and he scowled. “You don’t anything about us,” he clenched his jaw.
“I know enough,” he moved closer to him, they were face-to-face.
“Get out of my face,” Chris warned.
“You first.”
Chris shoved him. In response, he charged towards him and took him down to the ground.
“Stop it!” Ky yelled as she ran towards them. Using all her strength, she pulled Chris off of Nick. She offered her hand to her boyfriend and pulled him onto his feet. Cupping the side of his bruised face, she asked, “Are you ok?”

We all knew shed pick Nick *nods* just like we all know she loves him – even if she is too freakin stubborn to admitt it!

“Yes,” she put the bracelet around his wrist, “you can. It’s not my heart but it’s very, very close to it. And just so you know, you never have to turn around to know if I’m there. I always am,” she caressed the unmarked side of his face. He leaned his forehead against hers.

Its close, very close…*nods* hes getting there – slowly but surly.

“So, we get there and the place is packed,” Lawrence said.
“It was unbelievable.” Hayden added. “There was a list for the waiting list.”
“Oh I hate it when restaurants have those!” Joey said as she continued to pet the Yorkshire terrier that sat on her lap.
“Anyway, as we were waiting, we saw and overheard this Texan couple that was near the door. This guy was a full-on cowboy businessman with the hat, the boots and even the tie! He was b****ing to his wife about how he hated the restaurant because it was too ‘foo foo’ and it because it was filled with ‘Hollywood Queers’.”
Joey shook her head and groaned. “I cannot stand people like that. What did you guys do?”
“What any couple would have done in our situation,” Lawrence said before looking at Hayden to answer.
Hayden chuckled as he said, “We made out, the prick was so disgusted that he took his wife and as they were leaving we took their table.”

With the way you described these two characters I could just picture them doing something like that – and then living to brag the tale of how they stole the couples seats. That was adorable.

“Hey, it’s not my fault that your man hasn’t called you! It is Valentine’s Day for gawd sakes,” Lawrence said.
“Lawrence stop it, ok? He’s probably busy, he’ll call,” she said trying to convince him and her as well.
Hayden reached across the glass coffee table and placed his hand on top of hers. “He’ll call, I know he will.” He gave her a reassuring smile.
“You’re sweet,” she touched his hand, “unlike some people,” she shot a look towards Lawrence.
He rolled his eyes, “Whatever.”

I just found this whole scene amusing, it was cute!

He wiped away her tears. “I remember everything that you tell me and I really hope those tears of joy.”
Immediately nodding, she sniffled. “I’m just-I mean, I never thought I’d feel this way again. No man has ever treated me the way that you have.”
“That’s a real shame, because you deserve the best,” he stroked the side of her face.

He is So sweet! Omg, Its precious – the way he treats her and all.

“Mmm….vanilla,” he said after licking his lips. “I didn’t know that you had edible lip gloss.”
Flirtatiously, she smiled, “I also have….” She whispered into his ear.
He arched an eyebrow as she told him. “I did not know that they made that.”
“I didn’t either, until I got them as a birthday gift from Lawrence. Although I never really had a reason to use them…until now.”

I don’t wanna know… too late, but oh well *walks away shaking head*

A gasp of pure astonishment came from her lips as she marveled at what he had done for her.
Rose petals were scattered on the marble floor and floated in the bathtub filled of suds. An array of peach colored candles surrounded the porcelain tub and released the sweet melon aroma that greeted Joey when she first entered. Next to the waterfall faucet were two small bowls, one was filled with dark red strawberries and the other contained melted fudge; her favorite dessert.
Never in her twenty years of dating, had she ever received such a romantic and well though out gift. The old Joey would have suspected that such a gift was only given to her with sex in mind. However, she followed her instincts and knew that with Harrison, there were no games, and no ulterior motives. He was just what she always dreamed of and needed; a good man with a kind heart.

And just when you think he cant get any sweeter – voila…

That was amazing, I loved it to bits.
Hope the review will suffice :thinking:

Thanks for the PM, and Update when you get the chance – I cant wait for more.
Ash*

Thanks for the detailed review!

Well, we all knew that how far Ky has been (just kissing) but until this chapter we didn't know about Nick. In their first "study date" he said that he was a virgin. These two have been dating for awhile and I thought it was about time they have the sex conversation. If I were dating Nick I'd want to know and with you as the exception I'm pretty sure the readers wanted to know as well. Since Nikc is very blunt, I had him be abit crass in his answer to because well, I can't imagine him saying oral sex, not a lot of teenagers say the medical term. Oh and they were having lunch in Fenway Park, alone lol not with the Red Sox playing on the field. :lol:

I had to put Lawrence and Hayden in there. "Damaged" is essentially about love and I wanted to show all kinds. Paternal, platonic, and romantic.

It was weird writing that poem lol Being a straight girl writing a poem from a straight guy's point of view was a new experience for me. I'm glad you liked it!

I think every straight woman wants a gauy like Harrison, a guy with a good heart is hard to find..

Thanks again for the review!

A subtle smile touched Ky’s lips when she felt Nick brush his mouth against the side of her forehead. Then, he wrapped his right arm around her and gently pulled her closer to him as they watched television. Sliding her hand into his, she turned her head to him.
“How’s your face?” She rested the side of his jaw with her fingertips.
“Better than before,” he smiled and ignored the stinging sensation coming from his bottom lip. “You’re a good nurse.”
“So are you,” she moved her fingertips to his neck and felt his pulse. “What’s on your mind?”
He never understood how someone can be so intuitive to another’s mindset. “Is this a trick?”
“Noo, you just look you want to say something.”
“I do,” he gazed her. “I’m just afraid that I’ll ruin this moment.”
“Tell me,” she felt his pulse rate rise.
“Ky, why did you do it? Why didn’t you read my poem when I first gave to you?” He could see the hesitation in her dark eyes. “I’m happy that you apologized but..”
She continued his sentence. “It’s not enough, you need an explanation.”
“I do,” he nodded.
She sighed as if to prepare herself for what she was about to say. “I’ve never received anything as beautiful as your poem and everything came before it. Usually, when things go well for me it doesn’t last long.” Her grip tightened on his hand. “I had to hurt you before you did it to me.”
Her statement made him realize why she was so cold to him and to the rest of the world and that it would take time for her to completely trust him with her heart.
She spoke in a slightly shaky tone of voice. “And after just hearing myself saying those words, I realize how truly f*cked up I am.”
He pressed her head against his chest and stroked her hair. “You’re not f*cked up, you’re just scared.”
“Stop sugarcoating it. I’m finally with a good guy and I don’t know how to handle it.”
“This is all new for you, Ky. You’ll adjust to how wonderful I am,” he joked.
She looked up at him. “It’s nice to see that you’ve remained modest.”
“Hey, you’re the one that called me a ‘good guy’.”
“Well, I take it back,” her smile was playful.
He laughed. “Of course you do! Ky?”
“Yeah?”
“I wubb you,” he said in a childish tone of voice.
Knowing what his words really meant, she simply kissed him on the cheek and smiled at him.

Holding Joey’s angelic face in his hands, Harrison smiled at his beloved. Together, they stood in terminal saying their goodbyes while at the same time not wanting to leave each other’s side.
“I don’t want this week to end,” Joey said as tears trickled down her face.
“I know, but we both knew it would. Work sucks,” he groaned.
“Well, you could stay here and I can be your sugar mommy?” She quipped.
“God, I wish,” he wiped away her tears. “But I can’t, I must go back and educated the young minds of North Franklin High.”
“Of course, I’ll miss you,” she kissed his hands.
“I’ll miss you too.”
“I wish I didn’t have a lunch date with my producer.”
“Me too, but you have to go.”
“I know, work does suck.”
“Definitely,” he gave her a lingering kiss on the lips.
She took a moment to catch her breath and thought to herself how he was the best kisser she that she ever knew. “I’ll see ya in two weeks?”
“I can’t wait. Bye,” he gave her a more modest kiss before boarding the plane.
“Bye.” She waved to him as she left.

Nervously, Jacobs paced in front of his bed as he kept his eyes on the black journal that rested on his gray comforter. His curiosity was getting the best of him as he continued to pace and eyed the black journal as if he were a tiger or predators of some sort. While spending the night in Boston, she had brought journal along and somehow it had ended up in Jacob’s car. He knew that had no right to read it, to invade her personal thoughts but before he knew it, he held the journal in his hands and turned to the most recent entry.

Dear Journal,
Tonight, Kolby and I made love for the first time. It was absolutely beautiful. It was the most amazing experience. Never in a million years would I have imagined losing my virginity to my teacher. But as I rested in his arms, I knew that it was right and that I would never regret this moment. God, the practical side of me is telling me that I’m insane but how can something that can be wrong and makes no sense, feel so..right?
Until now, I’ve never been in love so I never understood how some people can just uproot their lives to be with one person. I mean, how could anyone just sacrifice their dreams for love? Now, I totally get it. Selflessness and sacrifice is what love is all about.
I haven’t told Kolby this but, I’m not going to go to school in California next year. Instead, I’m going to stay here and attend Pennington. I can’t imagine being 3,000 miles away from him. I know that I won’t exactly thrilled at Pennington like I would in California, but I rather be unhappy than miserable and missing him. I know that I’m making the right decision because I’m following my heart.

Trish

Setting the journal back down, Kolby cursed to himself. He had remembered what Ky had asked him the day after she saw them together. She had been right; Trish was willing to give up everything for him including her promising future. Now, everything was on him. Before he was given a chance to contemplate his next decision concerning this dilemma, his mobile phone rang.
“Hello?” He answered.
“Jacobs, it’s Nick,” his voice was low.
Sitting down on his bed he said, “Nick? Why are you calling me?”
“Harrison’s flight…the plane..it, um, it crashed. And..ah, I think you should come over here, to Ky’s.” Nick kept his voice steady for Ky’s sake.
Jacobs felt his heart stop. “Y-yeah, I’ll..um I’ll be there in a few minutes.”
“Thanks.”
His eyes were wide but he fought back his tears.“Take care of her, ok?” He said as he grabbed his keys and jacket with one hand.
“I will. I’ll see ya when you get here, bye.”
“Bye,” he threw on his denim jacket felt his heart beating rapidly as he left his house.

Awe, I love Nick!
And Kolby...*sighs* Now hes done it...couldnt he get accused of statatory rape if he pissed her off and she told someone?
Thatd be bad, itd ruin his career...
Now...A PLANE CRASH?!!? WTF!
Please tell me that Harrison missed that plane, cause he decided to stay an extra day with Joey...PLEASE?!?!
Well...that was a really good update.
Thanks for the PM
And PLEASE udpate soon!
Ash

shotput25ash said:
Awe, I love Nick!
And Kolby...*sighs* Now hes done it...couldnt he get accused of statatory rape if he pissed her off and she told someone?
Thatd be bad, itd ruin his career...
Now...A PLANE CRASH?!!? WTF!
Please tell me that Harrison missed that plane, cause he decided to stay an extra day with Joey...PLEASE?!?!
Well...that was a really good update.
Thanks for the PM
And PLEASE udpate soon!
Ash
[post="1388978"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Trish is 18 and it would be kind of difficult for her to prove that they had sex when she was a minor because they didn't. Of course he can still get fired for dating a student of his that has not graduated.

Concenring Harrison, I can't tell you nothing..sorry.

So, I've been out of town now for a few weeks. Which meant that I wasn't able to be reading fanfics, and let me tell you that is not an easy thing to do. After awhile you just really need a fix...anyways, I was so so excited to see this update from you!

A subtle smile touched Ky’s lips when she felt Nick brush his mouth against the side of her forehead. Then, he wrapped his right arm around her and gently pulled her closer to him as they watched television. Sliding her hand into his, she turned her head to him.
*sigh* That is so very cute. My stomach did these little flip-flops when I read that.

“This is all new for you, Ky. You’ll adjust to how wonderful I am,” he joked.
*giggle* He is pretty wonderful, but it was so cute how he joked with her like that. They are just so cute together.

“I wubb you,” he said in a childish tone of voice.
Knowing what his words really meant, she simply kissed him on the cheek and smiled at him.
Awwww!!

“Harrison’s flight…the plane..it, um, it crashed. And..ah, I think you should come over here, to Ky’s.” Nick kept his voice steady for Ky’s sake.
WHAT?!?

Back