Dark and Twisty

Title: Dark and Twisty
Author: Me
Disclaimer: ABC, Can I please have them? I'll be your best friend,?
Summary: Takes off after Merdith and Derek slept together at Prom, minus Burke getting shot and no Denny at all. (Denny never came into the picture...)

A/N: This is my 2nd Grey's fic, my first was a total nightmare...
If it's bad, tell me. If it's good, tell me too.

Chapter 1 (Although it's more like a Prologue)

“Meredith?”
Derek asked her after checking in on a surgical patient. They were in the hallway, surrounded by white walls and white tile.
“Meredith, what does this mean?”
He was talking about what happened at prom. Meredith didn’t answer. She looked down, then to the side. Her hair waved the direction she tilted her head.
“Meredith!” he asked a little louder, hoping to get an answer.
“What? What do you want me to say? Do you want me to tell you that I don’t want to see you? Do you want me to tell you that you have to divorce Addison and pick me? Is that it? You’re just waiting for someone to tell you that you have to stop so you have a reason?”
She was yelling. Tears were forming in her eyes. “Huh?” she looked at him, expecting an answer.
He almost had tears in his eyes. His throat throbbed. He stared at her.
“Whatever, Derek.”
Meredith threw her hands up in the air and walked toward the elevator. She stepped in, alone, and waited for the door to slowly close. She waited a few seconds, and then she felt them coming. She felt the big crocodile tears in her throat, then one down her cheek. She reached over and pulled the red knob to stop the elevator. She slid down the wall of the compartment, crying and listening to the alarm ring.
All she could think about was Prom. How she was on a date with Finn, and he told her he had plans. The way Derek looked at her when they were dancing with their dates. The temptation. And of course, she broke. She broke and it split. The hatred of herself and Derek. The affair he committed. And the problem was… she liked it.
She pulled herself together. Her crying time was up. Meredith stood up and pushed in the red knob. The elevator jolted and slowly continued to go down.

At lunch, the usual seating was always. It was like high school lunch all over again. The cool kids sat at one table, the rejects at another, then the people no one likes, the people who everyone likes, the couple who fight a lot, and Meredith’s table, the mistresses. Whether they were dirty mistresses or sleepers, strippers or lingerie models, and the couple who don’t get in trouble but they guide the mistresses, all 6 of them were there. Christina, Meredith, Alex, Izzie, George, and Callie.
Meredith sometimes regretted sitting at this table. It was beside Derek and Addison’s table. So even when she was eating, that’s all she saw. The perfect couple. Right in front of her eyes. She had to watch them eat and laugh. And flirt and pass light kisses every now and then.
“Meredith, are you okay?”
Izzie asked her.
“Yeah, I’m…fine.”

R&R!

This chapter may cause you to smack the screen and yell at Meredith for being so blind, but, I promise. It will be okay.

I hope evryone got their PM's.

Here we go!!!!

Chapter 2.

“Meredith, I love you.”

Finn told her and took her hand. He lowered himself down on one knee. Meredith was speechless. Right before she said yes, Derek appeared next to her, and Finn froze, like someone pressed pause. “Meredith, I love you.” Derek took out a black box out of his pocket. He opened it and there was a beautiful ring inside. “Will you marry me?” Meredith was confused. Which one could she say yes to? She opened her mouth to speak, and her head spun.

With a sudden urge in her abdomen, she opened her eyes from her dream and ran across the hall to the toilet. She grabbed it with her hands and vomited.

She flushed the toilet and she took a deep breath. Izzie appeared in the doorway. “Meredith, are you okay?” she yawned.

“Y-yeah. I’m f-fine.” She stuttered

“Are you sure?”

“Yeah.”

“Okay.” And Izzie left, going back to bed.

Meredith weakly pushed herself up to her feet. She looked in the mirror. She was sweaty and hot. Her face was pale and yucky-looking. She looked up at the clock. 3:17 am. I might as well get ready for work, she thought. Bailey had to have rounds done by 5:30 am. Meredith rubbed her face. She walked over to the shower, and turned the lever. She tested the water, and then got in. The steamy water relaxed her muscles as it flowed over her tired body. She would never leave this spot if it were possible.

When she got out of the bathroom, George was walking upstairs with 2 cups of coffee in his hands. He offered one to Meredith. She shook her head and said, “Oh, no thanks.” The aroma made her want to throw up again. In fact, it did make her throw up again. She turned around to go back into that bathroom. She got to the toilet just in time for another date to worship the porcelain god.

She vomited once more.

“Meredith, are you okay?” George asked her. He was a bit worried. He heard her throw up earlier, but was too tired to get up and see what was wrong.

“Yeah…” she yelled back. She said it weakly, which made him want to go in. But he didn’t want to go into the same bathroom where Meredith was puking. Izzie walked out of her bedroom. “Izzie, go in there and check on Meredith.” He pointed out to her. Izzie’s eyes widened. “What’s wrong?” she said.

“She’s throwing up.”

“Again?” Izzie shouted.

“Yeah. Just, go check on her.”

Izzie opened the bathroom door.

“Mer? Are you sick?”

Meredith’s head was still hung over the toilet.

“I don’t know.” She whined back.

“Maybe we should take you to the hospital.”

“No, I’m okay.”

“Okay. Are you sure?”

“Yeah.”

Izzie turned around and opened the door, only to find that George was pressed up against the door, listening to them.

“I think she’s okay.” Izzie told George.

Meredith walked out of the bathroom and downstairs.

“Ready?” she asked George and Izzie, who were sitting on the couch.

“Yeah.” They both answered. They stood up and walked over to the door.

The way to the hospital was awkward. No one said anything. They were either tired or didn’t know what to say. Different thoughts were running through their heads. The one thought that all of them had was “What was going on with Meredith?”

When they got to the hospital, they went on with their usual schedules. Bailey yells at someone for being late, hands out charts, and Meredith goes on to find her patients.

Her first stop was a young teenager who tried to skate down a railing on his skateboard. He failed to stand up straight and landed smack-dap on his forehead on the cement.

“I was like, dude! And Toad was like, dude! And I- Ouch!”

Meredith interrupted his story by sticking and IV in his forearm.

“It hurts less if you’re not expecting it,” Meredith told him in a as-a-matter-a-fact way.

“This is Karen, a soon-to-be mother of triplets,” Addison told Izzie, and she shook Karen’s hand. “She needs an ultrasound and a central line to reduce the pain.” Addison continued, and looked at Karen. “Karen, this is Dr. Stevens. She’s going to take care of you.”

During the ultrasound, Karen’s husband walked in. “Hey, honey.” She said. Her face lit up. “Can you tell us what we have here?” her husband asked Izzie. “Well, Fetes number 2 is developing spinal problems.”

“What does this mean?”

“We can operate, and reduce the pressure on the spinal cord.”

“Okay, er, any thing else?” the husband said nervously.

“Fetes number 3 is developing slower than the other two.”

“That doesn’t sound good,” Karen said, her eyes staring at the ultrasound monitor.

“Dr. Montgomery-Shepherd is calling surrounding hospitals to get more information.”

At lunch, they all sat at their usual spots. Izzie beside Alex, George beside Izzie, Callie beside George, and Christina beside Meredith. They were all staring at Meredith. Meredith’s head was down, thinking about this morning. What did her dream mean?

“Meredith, are you gonna eat that?” Alex asked her, pointing to her sandwich. “Alex!” Izzie quietly scolded him and slapped him on the shoulder. “No, go head.” Meredith told him, still looking down. He reached over and grabbed it, taking a big bite out of it on his way sitting down in his seat.

“Christina, you’ve got a patient who has a hole in his heart?” George asked Christina.

“Yeah. I’m helping Burke operate.”

“I wanna help!” Izzie said.

“No way! I asked first!” George argued back with her.

After lunch, the day pretty much went fast. On the drive home, George, Meredith and Izzie went to Joe’s.

“A beer, please Joe.” George said to Joe, as he sat down on the stool.

“Commin’ up, O’Malley,” Joe said as he was finishing up making Izzie’s daiquiri.

“Joe, you want to join us in a game of Who’s Life Sucks The Most?” Meredith asked, and she twirled her hair in her fingers.

“Oh, c’mon. You know my life’s great. I loose every time,” he joked back to her.

“’kay, suit yourself…Joe, I’m not drinking today.”

“Why?” George said, as he took a drink of his beer.

“I’m the designated driver.” Meredith looked down at her soda.
“I don’t feel like drinking.”

On the way home, Meredith didn’t say anything. George had enough of this. “Meredith, what’s wrong?”

“Nothing.”

“Something is.”

“Nothing is wrong!”

“Then why didn’t you drink tonight?”

“I feel sick!”

“Why?!”

“I don’t know.” She said as she pulled into the driveway. She didn’t say anything to either of them the rest of the night.

R&R!
Hopefully you're not too blind to see what is happening!!
(I'm so evil! lol! )

Hey guys! you prbably don't reconize me, but I'm Vic's friend and she sent me the chapter to update because her computer crashed!!! I hope you like it!!! Sorry for the long time!

Chapter 3

Meredith woke up again this morning with the urge to vomit. She rushed over to the bathroom and threw up. This time, no one came in the doorway. She got herself back up after she was finished and walked back over to her room, and back to bed where she feel asleep once again.
But her sleep was interrupted when she woke up to the ‘nauseating’ smell of coffee. George was coming up the stairs, cup in hand. The smell jolted her stomach in all directions. She got out of bed and walked out the door. The smell grew greater in the hallway. She moaned to herself.
“Are you throwing up again?” George asked, his voice was curious and cautious.
“Uh-huh.”
“Ewww….” He said as he went to his bedroom. She went to the bathroom. She opened the door to find Izzie, in the shower. Meredith walked over to the toilet and sat down in front of it.
“Not feelin’ good, Mer?”
“Nooooo.”
“Awww. I heard the flu was going around the hospital.”
Meredith barely interrupted Izzie by vomiting. She didn’t feel like talking. She didn’t feel like throwing up. She felt like destroying the coffee machine for the smell of the beans slowly condensing into liquid beverage. She normally would welcome the smell of coffee, but this morning, she felt like it was taking over her stomach.
“Mer, I think you should see a doctor.” Izzie said, her voice concerned and demanding. Meredith looked over at the almost clear glass to the shower. She saw the distorted image of Izzie, running her hands through her hair.
“I told you, I’m fine.” Meredith said slowly, making sure Izzie understood each word.
“Really,? Is that why you’ve been throwing up and avoiding coffee?”
Meredith didn’t answer. She flushed the toilet and sat her head against the wall. She moaned to herself, hoping Izzie wouldn’t hear.
George knocked on the door. “Are you guys almost done in there?” he said anxiously.
“Almost…” Izzie said. She turned off the showerhead. A silent moment was held, hearing only Meredith’s deep breath. Steam rolled out of the top of the shower. Meredith decided it was time to go out of the bathroom because she honestly didn’t want to see Izzie’s nude body. She stood up, wobbled a little bit, and slowly walked out the bathroom. She saw George by the door.
“She’s just getting out of the shower.”
George sighed. Times like this he was impatient and wished the house had a second bathroom. Or less women.

When they were all ready, with their bags and jackets on, Izzie poured herself one last cup of coffee.
“Izz, please don’t bring that in the car.” Meredith whined. The smell to her was absolutely mortifying to Meredith. It really was a big deal. How else was she supposed to stay awake this morning?
“Oh, fine. Izzie chugged the remaining coffee in the travel mug and smiled.

“C’mon people! Let’s move!” Bailey yelled down the lockers. Alex was in his locker, and looked at Meredith.
“You don’t look so good,” he said as he fumbled with his scrubs.
“I don’t feel so good.”

“Morning, Karen. How are you feeling?” Izzie asked the mother of triplets.
“Okay, I guess.”
“That’s good. Has Dr. Montgomery-Shepherd talked to you about the babies yet?”
“Yes. She said that they’re going to have to run a few more tests and we’ll go from there.”
“Okay… Well, everything looks good. I’ll check in with Dr. Shepherd.”
Izzie smiled and walked out of the room, when deep down, she realized that she really wanted that coffee.

Today Meredith was stuck in the pit. She really hated the pit. The only ever time she liked it was when someone had bicycle spokes poked in the side of someone or two people stuck together with a pole between them. She walked over randomly to a couple in the second curtain. She looked at the woman, who was lying down on the bed. Her eyes were filled with anger, her husband looked guilty.
“So, what’ve we got here?” Meredith asked, although she could’ve figured it out on her own, she just enjoyed hearing people’s stories that were often funny or just plain stupidity.
“My stupid husband of mine was making supper last night and cut off his finger!” the women said, starring at her husband.
“It’s not cut off! It’s still there!” the husband lifted up his hand that was wrapped in bloody gauze.
Meredith squinted. This made her stomach bobble. She grabbed the trashcan beside the hospital bed, took a few steps and vomited. She cursed. Why had this been happening?!
“Are you okay?” the wife asked, her eyes directly on Meredith. Meredith wiped her mouth on her sleeve.
“Okay… Where was I?” she asked, and continued to examine the hand.

“Meredith!” Derek yelled when he saw her walking down the hallway. Meredith trudged faster, aiming for the elevator. “Meredith!” he ran after her, hoping to catch up.
She stepped into the elevator. As the doors began to close, almost a foot apart, Derek’s hand intercepted causing the silver shiny doors to spread in opposite directions.
“Meredith,” he whispered when the doors closed and the elevator dinged. “We have to talk.”
“Stop it. Just. Stop talking to me.” Meredith answered, and she stared up at the meter showing what floor they were on. 3. 4. 5. Derek swallowed hard. Meredith could her his breath shaking, as if he was crying without tears.
“Derek. Leave me alone.” She quietly said when she arrived at the 7th floor. He stared back at her body as she left, watching it sway and shake, imagining tears falling from her face. He stood in the back corner, and closed the doors. He looked up, a tear finally forming within his eyes.

I hope everyone got their PM's!

Back