Darkfall?

*jaw drop*

*sputter*

*blink*

I remember a friend in Vanguard raving about how cool this game looked, but at the time there wasn't much info on it. I think I just sort of went "Eh, another MMO" and moved on.

Good f'n chripes. A skill based MMORPG with FPS style close quarters non-auto attack combat? That's what I've been screaming for for years! It's like Oblivion. If they live up to even a fraction of those promises ...and if only it wasn't an open PvP game. *sighs*

*jaw drop*

*sputter*

*blink*

I remember a friend in Vanguard raving about how cool this game looked, but at the time there wasn't much info on it. I think I just sort of went "Eh, another MMO" and moved on.

Good f'n chripes. A skill based MMORPG with FPS style close quarters non-auto attack combat? That's what I've been screaming for for years! It's like Oblivion. If they live up to even a fraction of those promises ...and if only it wasn't an open PvP game. *sighs*

If you want a game with safe zones, you could always keep an eye out for Kaos War. That's at the top of my waiting list right now.

Wow... that's pretty awesome too. Damnit! Why are there so many games that interest me "coming soon" and not a darn one of them out now? -.-

Damn. Well that sure is impressive... if they can pull it off.

With all of that I'd love to know how they are going to make it playable without everyone's latency shooting through the roof while loading all the customized everything in the middle of a siege.

Damn. Well that sure is impressive... if they can pull it off.

With all of that I'd love to know how they are going to make it playable without everyone's latency shooting through the roof while loading all the customized everything in the middle of a siege.

Don't know. If they do pull it off, though, you can bet I'll be there crafting my heart out. Which is not to say that I will be, only that I might well be. Personally, I'd love a good SciFi MMO... *sigh* Crazy amounts of crafting are a necessity, but they'd also have to have all kinds of other stuff for people to do, so I wouldn't end up feeling like "just another crafter".

Tyrson and I looked a bit at this one when we were discussing possible games to move on to for good rp experiences. I like it because it reminds me of a more present day Shadowbane.

You can read more at DarkfallOnline

Would be nice to see more info about HJ and how its going to beat darkfall.
I always considered much freedom as good for RP, even though it might cause panic, hehe

However, in the end it's how much I "feel" for the game. WHen I got into sword of the new world and found out it was the stupid click to move, it sort of ruined gameplay for me. You do get used to it, but it's not fun to get such a "bad" feeling the first thing after creating your character. After that I wont matter to me how good the crafting system is...

Some guys from the game Asherons Call have developed Darkfall, they wanted a game that had everything they wanted in it and was lacking from games they had played.

Nice to see how well they are doing.

They have been working on it for a very long time, I have been a member of the form there since "04-14-2004" just not active hehe

That looks amazing. I am definitely putting this on my 'MUST WATCH/PLAY' list.
Thank you!

Player built cities, ships, skill based, naval warfare, open pvp... All exactly what I love and want.

Sign me up. Take my money, please.

As long as I can find a healthy RP guild willing to come defend my sorry butt when I get ganked while trying to craft or RP and I cry, I'm good to go.

I was thinking about open PvP a bit yesterday after reading up on this. I've always said that DRs open PVP was my favorite. I blamed that on the "CvC" rule, that all fighting had to be in character or a GM could step in, thus very little retarded ganking/PKing. But in thinking about it, I think it was a combination, CvC and a tight knit community and ... perma death. Sure, you might have enough favors to take one death should that person you just killed randomly have nasty friends. But do you have enough for two or three deaths should they follow you after the first? What if you don't? Are the clerics going to be willing to raise you, when they find out you were PKing? Are you willing to potentially risk losing your character forever just to get your jollies by sniping that little lowbie killing goblins in the orchards?

So I have a new idea of what I think might make open PvP work in my eyes, harsh enough penalties to make you think twice about picking every fight that comes your way just because you can.

Seven years they've been saying this will come out. It's still, imo, an improvement on Shadowbane but not by much. It'll be interesting to see if it ever makes it to live and what it does to the pvp mmo niche.

Uh... Crafting! Anyway, as I've said, I usually prefer SciFi. Though, as I'm here, one can clearly tell I venture into the realm of Fantasy when no decent SciFi can be found... Or when I'm just bored. Or if I find a magic portal somewhere. That'd be friggen' sweet.

I don't really get the racial profiling in this game, though. Well, in any game, really. People are people, and, though societies make an impact on said people, unless you have a reason for a group of them to be all crazy, it doesn't make sense to have an entire race be good, evil, or neutral. I guess most games to this to some extent, but it's still annoying...

OK, I'm just rambling. I'm bored.

Seven years? This game has been in the works that long? I probably heard about this game long ago, but wasn't impressed at the time. It has since gotten lost amongst a myriad of mmorpg hopefuls. Ho hum.

So I have a new idea of what I think might make open PvP work in my eyes, harsh enough penalties to make you think twice about picking every fight that comes your way just because you can.

Agreed. Just like RL.

I'm still waiting on a fantasy MMO to come out that makes use of EVE Online's system. FFA PvP with the right kinds of penalties and the freedom for players to control portions of the world would be great.

Back