Politics Divorce

i'm a child of divorce..it started when i was 13...my dad and mom yell at each other..this was new to me..they never yelled or raised their voices to each before...i would have nightmares that my parents would be getting divorced, i would wake up crying...i say a year later, my parents didn't even really talk to each other...i thought it was normal..little did i know better...we moved to a new town, were i didn't know anyone or wasn't familiar with the town...i thought new start, new friends,better life..a week after moving in..i found out that my dad was cheating on my mom...i was heartbroken..because i was daddy's little girl and he would never hurt us....my mom was willing to go to marriage councoling and forgive him..no he moved out and into a apartment with he's girlfriend..then the next week.. i found out the uncle that i've only known 6 months died of a drug overdose..that was my lowest..i tryed to kill myself twice in that year..but never went though it because my mom need me and i got help...after 2 years i moved back to my hometown and have been happy since...i hardly see my father or when i talk to him, he trys to control what i do...but not nomore...i'm adult and i lived though the bad and good and i found out that i'm not alone.. (y)

my parents getting a divorce was jsut icing to the cake here 2 years ago, that was a rough year but hearing what iheard and seeing what i saw, i am glad they got one, cause if not some stuff would have happened that..........well.......nevermind, but if you guys need to talk about it, pm me or aim me

I'm so sorry agent hidden eyes we're always here for ya. :smiley:

My friend her parents got divorced when she was in first grade, and it was almost the worst thing that happened to her. She had to live with her dad and visit her mom on the weekends. well, i guess her mom got into financial troubles because of a boyfriend, and her dad moved in with another woman, who had 3 children, they were two girls that were older than my friend, and a boy that if you knew him you'd swear he was a chainsaw murderer(because he's just mean to everyone and hits people who didn't do anything, including me on the bus once), also he is in the same class as my friend. But my friend she just hates living with her dad and his girlfriend and her children, they've been together for 7 years now, but they act like the perfect family in public, but they're always yelling at my friend and i feel really sorry for. The demon step-brother doesn't help the situation because all he does is insult her and make life miserable for her, and well her dad and his girlfriend had a fight in which they seperated for awhile, and her dad's girlfriend blamed my friend for the fight and yelled at her until she was crying. Unfortunately they got back together and things haven't gotten any better for her. She wants to leave to go live with her mom, but her dad and her dad's girlfriend keep threatening her saying that she can't go live with her mom and if she does she won't be able to see her mom again(something like that).Her mom tells her though that that isn't true and that her father is just threatening her.

I keep on telling my friend to just move out and live with her mom, but she's just to scared to.

oh my gosh thats really sad that a dad would threten his OWN child...and doesnt see whats going on in tha family since u said they have been together for 7 years....and for the dad's girlfriend to blame it on her for the fight wuttab-tch...thats horrible

i hope your friend finds a better home b/c no kid should live through guilt and a lifestyle thats shes going through

My parents are divorce. I live with my mom and stepdad in the US. I haven't seen my dad in over 14 years cause he lives in Laos with my stepmom (who I've never met before.). I've talked to him once since then and it was kind of awkward.

AliasBabe12 said:
i hope your friend finds a better home b/c no kid should live through guilt and a lifestyle thats shes going through
we all keep telling her to move out, but she's to scared to, i'm worried, and they've talking about moving to Arizona, though my friend is against moving there because she doesn't want to leave her friends and her mom here.Luckily though she is spending the summer at her mom's house.

the_alliance said:
what i do not understand is why people get divorced. why dont the parents at least stay together for the children? nvm, im not even gonna go there.
my parents are divorced. they got divorced because they had different goals for the future, different priorities, and were no longer happy together. they separated when i was three. yes, it's been tough, but because they got out of it early, they're not bitter and they like each other. it's not fair to ask a parent to sacrifice their happiness just so a child will be more comfortable. children need to learn that life's not always perfect, but you can mold your life to be happy. my parents' divorce made me a stronger person, and i'm glad they made the choice to do so.

thanks guys for the wishes :smiley: ...i still have scars to remind me what i have lived though...i'm glad that ur friend is staying with her mom..and should stay there..no parent should threat their child any harm in anyway...its just wrong...tell her to be stronge and don't let anyone treat her that way again...things only get better after the worse...i know (y)

my parents divorced like a year and a half ago. i think it was for the best cause they were fighting all the time and now they don´t even talk to each other but i prefer that rather than fighting.
my sisters and brother stayed with my mother but i stayed with my father cause i like him better.
speaking about my dad there are like 2 womens who are interested in him (don´t ask me why :angelic: ) and i really like both of them. so i could say that i´m happy with my parent´s divorce as awful as that sounds :blush:

Back