Escape From Insanity Conclusion

White_Rabbit

Mr. Trixter
Escape From Insanity Conclusion

This is a conclusion to my story, Escape From Insanity, read it before you read this one. This part of the story also shows a different way of Sydney being taken into custody by the NSC than in ‘Prelude’. Feedback please, and I might just right a sequel, who knows, maybe some of you think it shouldn’t end the way it does. For those of you who have read the beginning, you’re in for a real treat. Here we go!

Chapter2

“How you doing, Syd?” Will Tippin asked.

“What is this?”

“It’s me, Sydney. I was surprised when I found out the CIA had used the scan they did on me two years ago when they thought I was a double to create those contact lenses, but when I did find out I realized something. I realized the CIA knew I worked for The Covenant now, and that’s how they knew my retina would work. So I was planning to hide, but you were too fast.” He laughed.

“You work for The Covenant?”

“Yes.” He moved closer to Sydney and she used her laser ring to cut through the rope. She stood up, whipped Will in the face with the rope, and held him in a chokehold.

“You are not Will Tippin, you are not Will Tippin! Who are you working for?”

“Sydney!!!” She was shot with a tranq dart. She turned around and saw Sark with a tranquilizer gun. Then she fell

Los Angeles

Sydney lies in a hospital bed, and wakes up to the beep of a heart monitor and to see Weiss sitting at her bedside.

“Hi.” She said.

“Hey. How you feeling?”

“What happened?”

“I can’t believe it either.”

“Will? He escaped Witness Protection?”

“The Covenant broke him out. But we had no idea who they were at the time. Our best, well, my best guess is that he was brainwashed.”

“Oh my god.”

“Yeah, shocking isn’t it?” They both laughed. Dixon entered the room.

“Weiss, good job, you were right. C’mon, meeting room now. Sydney, you too.”

Weiss stood up. “Um, sir, I don’t think it’s a very good idea…”

“I’m coming.”

Ops Center

Director Dixon stood in the middle of the room, along with Vaughn, Weiss, Lauren, Jack, Sydney, and Marshall.

“We have confirmation that Will Tippin was brainwashed, and he still is. Although we have already done tests and some procedures to relieve him of his brainwashing, I thought it would be best if someone went to talk to him.”

“I’ll go.” Sydney said, as expected. “When does the plane leave?”

“He’s here. We’ve got him.”

As she walked down the hallway to the same cell that had held Will before, she remembered how at that same time he had been brainwashed also, and he was framed as a double, a bad guy. She knew she could trust him then, she knew this was Will. Now, although she was unable to admit it to herself, she wasn’t so sure.

“Will?”

“Leave me alone.”

“Will, listen to me. I know you’re probably really scared, but—“

“Scared? You still don’t get it, do you? I’m free, Sydney. I remember plenty of things, how I used to work for you ***holes, and how I used to be fighting against people like Sark. But now, I know who the real good people are.”

Sydney didn’t show the slight relief she was feeling. If he was remembering things, the treatment that the CIA used was working. Then, Will slammed his fist against a wall.

Not for the first time, she felt pity for him. She began to cry and walked away. He didn’t even notice.

Sydney stormed through her office and didn’t even see Vaughn when she bumped into him.

“Whoa, whoa. What’s the matter?”

“I want Sark dead.”

“Syd, we don’t even know if he’s directly responsible for what happened to Will, and plus we’ve treated him, he’s going to come back to normal.”

“I don’t care. Sark can’t be forgiven for what he’s done, and I want to kill him. As I always have, but this time, I’m really pissed.”

~~

“Sydney, what you are proposing is not sensible. It would be a sloppy operation, and we can’t afford to lose time when we are still not in possession of the loophole.”

“Have we figured out a plan to get it back?” Vaughn asked. They were all sitting in the meeting room, having been prompted by Dixon that a strategy had been formed to get back possession of the Covenant’s disk.

“Yes. Unfortunately, since we missed our shot the first time, the Covenant took this valuable opportunity to move the disk to a place where they could put it to use.” Everyone in the room began to get tense.

“Do we know who they are using it against?” Sydney asked.

“No, not at the moment. But we know where it is. It’s being held underground below a bank in Germany.”

“Hey, they move around.” Marshall said.

“Anyway, this could mean that they don’t need to be close to whatever they are trying to hack in order to hack it. But we don’t know for sure. I’ve assigned Sydney to go in as a representative of Meyers Jewelers, looking for a bank your clients can trust in. Your plane leaves in ten minutes.”

~~

Jack Bristow walks toward his car in the parking lot. He realized he left his gun in Weapons Storage at Ops Center, but no matter, he thought, he has one at home.

Suddenly he felt someone push him against his car, and a pistol put to his neck. “Hello, Mr. Bristow.” The unmistakable voice of Mr. Sark was heard through Jack’s ears. “You see, I’m in a bit of a dilemma, and I need you to help me out of it. So, if you would please get in the car?”

“Earlier, I revealed information of the murder of a father I never knew. Andrian Lazarey. The Covenant saw that as a betrayal, and so here I am, running. I’m desperate enough to come to you. I need to win back the Covenant’s trust. I know that your daughter was sent to Germany to steal the loophole, but I need you to swipe it for me so that I can pass it on to the Covenant. You do this for me and I will do everything in my power to stop this information from putting any harm to your daughter. There is a jet waiting for you at this address.” He handed Jack a small piece of paper. “Go to the bank. We’ll execute a brush pass there. I sure do hope you arrive before Sydney does. We will meet again, Mr. Bristow.” He then left the car. Jack sighed. Anything for Sydney. The NSC would try to capture her when she got back. But Sark is bluffing. There’s no way he would stop the murderer of his father being harmed. But I’ll go anyway. We’ll see just how smart Mr. Sark is.

End of Chapter 2

Chapter 3

Germany

“Christina Meyers, Meyers Jewelry. Could you tell me where Mr. Robertson’s office is, please?”

Sydney walked down the hallway, past the door that the receptionist had pointed to. Her hand went to her ear and she turned on her com-mike. “Weiss, are the camera’s down?”

“Hacking into the feed now. This banks tough. You’ve got two minutes.”

She ran down the hall faster. Once she hit the stairwell she took off her heels and ran faster. She reached the basement door and took out her standard lock pick kit, unlocking the door in four seconds flat. “I’m in the basement.”

“Ok, Sydney, fourth door on the left.” That door read ‘Office 47’.

Sydney unlocked that door and ran over to the safe. She put her ear to the safe door, and twisted the lock, finding the combination in 30 seconds. She swung open the door to the safe, finding nothing there. She was just about to tell Weiss when she heard his voice in her ear. “Sydney, I’m…I’m spotting your father in the lobby, and Sark! Meanwhile, you’ve got a minute left, get out of there now!”

Sydney ran down the hallway, half running, half putting her heels back on after sprinting up the stairwell. “Ten seconds, Syd.” She ran faster. “Five, four…”

~~

Jack walked out of the back door undetected into the lobby, to find Sark there. He knew the CIA team had rigged the cameras and made sure they could see him. They would be rushing in any moment now, and they would apprehend Sark. But where were they already?

Suddenly, he felt a tranq dart hit him in the chest. “Dad!” he heard. Sark walked over and took the disk out of Jack’s back pocket. “It has been a pleasure doing business with you, Mr. Bristow.”

Los Angeles

Sydney walked through the office. She approached Vaughn. “So, how’d it go?” he asked.

“You mean besides me finding my father of all people walking through that bank, and Sark stealing the disk from him, and…”

“Well, at least we got him.”

“Yeah. But can’t we just get rid of him already?”

“I wish.”

“So, why did the CIA send my dad in to get the disk when they knew I was going into get it?”

“They didn’t send him in. Sark threatened him at gunpoint in the garage. He had apparently done something that the Covenant saw as a betrayal. Sark decided he wanted Jack to do his dirty work for him and steal the disk, execute a brush pass with him in the bank.”

“But that son of a b**** was too impatient. So he shot my dad and took the disk then. I almost couldn’t believe my eyes. What did Sark do that the Covenant would see as a betrayal?”

“I don’t know, revealing information maybe?” He suddenly looked at her the same moment she looked up at him. They could both see it in each other’s eyes. They knew. The NSC knows, Sydney thought. I’m done for.
But as the day went on at Ops Center, she didn’t get apprehended. Maybe the worst didn’t happen. Later that day, Dixon called a meeting to brief the mission in Germany. He looked shaken.

“Thanks to Agent Bristow, we have obtained the loophole, and analysis is looking through it to see what it’s all about. It seems that it wasn’t just used as a hacking device, it did have significant information that the Covenant had stored on it for their own personal use.”

“What does that information reveal?” Sydney asked.

“It’s a video recording. Of a murder.” He looked down.

“Was there audio?” Sydney asked.

“Yes.”

He turned on the big wide screen in the room and a black and white, rather fuzzy video of a woman dressed in black, with red streaks in her hair, and a familiar smile sitting at a table in an Italian restaurant. She had changed her appearance, but there was no mistake to Sydney. That woman was Sydney’s mother. Then she saw another woman, looking more like Irina Derevko than the first woman, walking through the restaurant. She took out a silenced gun and shot the woman sitting at the table. Dixon stopped the video.

“Now, the woman being murdered was a double of Irina Derevko. We don’t know who made that person into a double, if there is another Helix, or what. But we do know that it was the real Irina Derevko who shot her double. This points to the theory that she is still at large. Luckily, we had an agent stationed there anyway, and we’re tracking her. Once we have anything more concrete, I’ll let you all know.”

Sydney rushed through the parking garage, not able to believe what she had heard earlier that day.

Mom’s still alive. I knew that already, but I wonder how dad feels. This is crazy. I have to find her. I have to. I already asked Dixon and he said it wasn’t necessary or possible at the moment, and I know what Dad would say. I’m going to have to find a way to Italy myself.

But before she could unlock her car, she was pushed to the ground by an NSC team.

I was right, she thought. Vaughn was right. They got me.

End of Chapter 3

Chapter 4

Downtown L.A.

Sydney opened her eyes. She is in a dark cellar, momentarily unaware of where she is. Then she remembered and sighed. Robert Lindsey walked into the room.

“Ms. Bristow, I assume you know why you are here.”

She looked at him with sarcasm in her eyes. His face was a stony cold.

“You are under arrest for the murder of a Russian Diplomat, Andrian Lazarey. Since you have no recollection of this action, and because of request of an NSC liaison…”

Sydney looked up at him again, this time interest in her eyes.

“…We have come to a decision. You can either give us the information on the ‘Loophole’ disk, and we will have you choose whether to have neurostimulation therapy, or to stay in our custody where we will subjectively hold you, questioning you, until we have order from the DCI to release you.”

Sydney didn’t respond.

The door to the cellar opened.

Weiss ran in with a team.

“Hey!! You can’t do this, we have authorizatio---Ahhh!” Robert Lindsey was taken by the team out of the room. Weiss turned around. “Lindsey, just shut up.” He said. Sydney smiled. Weiss helped her up and they ran out of the room.

Ops Center

“How are you?” Vaughn asked.

“Good. So, you mad at Lauren?”

“Not as mad as you might be.” They both laughed.

“Sydney?” Sydney turned around to see her father. “Are you okay?”

She gave him a surprising big hug and she patted her on the back. “Yeah, Dad. I’m okay. I’m sane, at least. For now.” She laughed.

The End.

Back