Everyone seems to hate Lauren...

Why do you hate the character of Lauren Reed?

• Because she's married to Vaughn! Vaughn should be with Syd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • She treats Syd with disrespect

• She's winy/annoying

• She's snobby

• The actress's performance is lacking

• I don't hate Lauren Reed!!! I LOVE her! She's the best

• The character hasn't been around long enough for me to say

• Total voters
I think the character is unlikable, even though Melissa George is a good actress. She has room to grow and evolve, but first impressions last, and there's a reason she's unpopular. We can't blame her for marrying Vaughn though, although it would be fun to. :P She'd never even met Syd, and she though she was dead, anyway, why do you people dislike her?

for a number of reasons.

1. she's annoying
2. she's a b****
3. she's married to Vaughn

and there's more

She's married to vaughn
she's a real b*tch
im sure she's a double
she's definitely not trustwhorty

Like alot of people at allalias I am a huge s/v shipper and my instant dislike for the character of Lauren reed is simply for that reason. One hte other hand, I think melissa george is a great actress and even if her charcter breaks up with vaughn I would LOVE to see her STAY ON THE SHOW coz I know she has worked really ahrd ot make it in LA and it would be sad to see her go jsut coz her and vaughn arent together anymore. I ouwld love to see her stay as a member of the interasgecny task force even if her and vaughn arent together anymore

HA HA! Your enemy is back S/V shippers! :devil: Yes, I do love Lauren and would love her even if she and Vaughn weren't together, I'd love her even if she turned out to be evil! I just think she is cool, fiesty, and a classic beauty. Glad she's on the show.

So S/V shippers; catch me if you can! :run:

:lol: Message from a Toronto Cracker :lol:

I agree with Gabs. I don't hate her at all, but she's not my favorite character.

I *still* don't see why so many people won't even consider giving Lauren a chance. She isn't any more *whiny* than Sydney. Just because we have grown to love Sydney and her relationship with Vaughn doesn't mean we should have to be closed-minded and automatically hate anything that gets in the way of their relationship.

"Vaughn should be with Syd" is an opinion, not a reason to hate someone. It's not your show, it's the writers! :P They decide what should and shouldn't be.

"She treats Syd with disrespect" isn't true. She sometimes has spontaneous, negative reactions, but it's only natural. Syd was the one going all "You're wrong I'm right" on her in the third episode. And with each episode, they seem to treat each other more like friends/co-workers than enemies.

"She's whiny." Look at Sydney :lol:

"She's snobby" :blink: She doesn't seem snobby to me.

"The actress's performance is lacking" She's ok to me.. If others don't enjoy her acting that much, that's fine, but is it a reason to attack the character?

I personnaly think she's winny (remember when she says to vaugh in prelude : "you keep Sydney's secrets from me" , she's so childish!!!!).
Plus , she's annoying , and there's no chemistry at all between her and Vaugh!!!
So , I guess I don't like her at all!!!!!!

I hate Lauren Reed. Nuff said. she took vaughn away from syd. she's rude, and that british accent makes it even worse! maybe's she's cheating on vaughn. think about it. sark has a british accent. hint hint :redhair:

marie said:
I personnaly think she's winny (remember when she says to vaugh in prelude : "you keep Sydney's secrets from me" , she's so childish!!!!).
Can you honestly blame her for saying something like that, she's married to him and him keeping Sydney's secrets of all people I really don't blame her. I do like Lauren, she's not my favorite but I like what she brings to the show. Why does everyone blame her for being married to Vaughn, it's not her fault she doesn't know the history between Syd/Vaughn. If you want to blame someone it should be Vaughn for giving up on Syd. And don't hate me I'm an S/V shipper but I think there relationship now with Lauren in the picture makes it better. And after last nights episode how can you still hate Lauren?!

I made a comment about Lauren in a different thread on the AA boards. What I said was that nobody really seems to like Lauren (obviously), and I personally don't care for her myself, although I think the character could have potential. The major reason for Lauren's unpopularity - I think - is the way she was introduced. It wasn't exactly the best way to bring her in. I mean, S/V shippers (and I am/was one of them) were still digesting the news that Vaughn was married. But since Lauren was introduced, she just hasn't really had any patience with anyone, even Vaughn, but especially Syd. Yes, Syd has been a bit on the whiny side, but honestly, this season she has every right to be. And it could be so much worse.
Although I do find myself agreeing with marie about the fact that there just doesn't appear to be any chemistry between Vaughn and Lauren. I don't know, I just can't sense it the way I could when Vaughn was with Syd. Maybe it's just that we have to get used to what appears to be awkwardness in the relationship/situation of the characters and that we have as viewers. It is still a new relationship to us...

:cool:

I am not a great fan of lauren, butI don't mind her, I liked the way they introduced her because it was one in many interestiong plot twists, and in all good tv shows, the main character never seems to be able to have her dream guy; it builds up the emotion. I think Melissa's an OK actress, but she seems more like a soap star to me. I liked the car chase with Syd and Lauren, that was funny; and if Lauren wasn't there it wouldn't have been. When I first watched alias, I was thinking *sydney cries nearly every episode*so i don't think i can call Lauren whiny, but i think they both have good reasons to be upset and angry. Not because I don't like Lauren, but just because it's how the show works, I think that Vaughn will most probably have to make a choice between saving Syd or lauren, and go for Syd...or something like that, maybe he'l have to protect Syd from Lauren...who knows?

Like a few she definetly isn't my favorite charecter but like AliasALIAS said...most people don't even give her a chance...Syd should move on to Will haha :lol:.

At first I didn't care for her. She was too stuffy and by the book and displayed a genuine dislike of Syd. Recently however, she has come to respect Syd ever so slightly and has finally learned the error of her ways thanks to her own boss being such a jabroney. Lauren is coming around and I'm actually warming up to her myself. As for her ralationship with Vaughn, I don't mind at all because for some odd reason, I'd really like to see Syd link with Marshall. Go figure, maybe I'm just strange? As for her accent, I think it's da bomb! As for Melissa's acting, she's only been around for a very short while, so let's give her a chance. (y) I am definitely Pro Lauren for the reason that it adds a dynamic new element to each and every show.

I don't much like Lauren--no specific reason, I think it's more of a personality thing (like if I met her somewhere, I don't think we'd get along), but I do like what she brings to the show. We don't know what she's got up her sleeve yet, and I think there's a lot more to her than we've seen. I can't wait to see what it is, exactly!

I have posted many times that I think it's too bad that everyone hates her just because she's married to Vaughn. I keep feeling like I'm sticking up for the unpopular girl at the lunch table.

I actually cringed when that guy punched her out in "Breaking Point", and I was so happy when she shot him. All not-so-subtle attempts by the writers to get us to like her. She's become a little less stuffy, and more likable, but first impressions last.

I don't hate Lauren Reed but I don't love her either but I don't hate her cause it's silly to hate her cause she fell in love with Vaughn

Back