Everyone seems to hate Lauren...

Why do you hate the character of Lauren Reed?

• Because she's married to Vaughn! Vaughn should be with Syd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • She treats Syd with disrespect

• She's winy/annoying

• She's snobby

• The actress's performance is lacking

• I don't hate Lauren Reed!!! I LOVE her! She's the best

• The character hasn't been around long enough for me to say

• Total voters
I used to be indifferent to her, but she's really starting to grow on me. She's becoming multi-dimensional...she's not the wimpy victim anymore. I bet she's going to be super tough, like tougher than the evil Francie clone, by the time this season is over.

Edited to Add: I'll continue to like Lauren provided that the writers don't make her related to Syd, cause that would just be way too bizarre!

I don't really like Lauren, but I'm liking her a lot better now that I know she's evil. Get her away from Vaughn, and I'll like her even more. And she made me laugh when she threatened Sydney...

IVE BEEN TRYING TO MAKE A LR CLUB like you know IRF and then theres LRF well aa keeps going down and soo ive made one 2 times allready... im gonna do it aggain lmao *runs off to make topic*

the bovious....syd/vaughn :love: they should be together :lol: i dont really hate her. its kinda fun having angst :lol: but i am a syd/vaughn shipper...and i d want them together again....eventually....

I WANTED TO MAKE A NEW TOPIC BASED ON, whats wrong with lauren reed? but seeing as it wont take long i midas well do it here if you dont mind

:eek:fftopic: SORTA

because answer me this ppl....

give me, and all the other LR likers a GOOD reason why you dont like LR, OTHER THAN:

a) The whole sydney vaughn, love triangle felgercarb (im still a S/V shipper though ;))

b) Because she has a FAKE accent (even though its annoying and true lolness)

c) JUST BECAUSE!

please LR haters, tell US why!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lets see. Why do I hate Lauren...

First of all, I'm not an S/V shipper. In fact, I can't stand S/V together. So keep in mind that this is not a motivating factor...

I gave the character of Lauren a shot at first, but she never grew on me. The first half of the season she didn't seem very strong to me. When she was "good" she seemed...I don't know...very weak. Next to a character like Sydney (who I'll admit has her 'whiny' moments) she seemed dull and lifeless. All she seemed to say was "stay away from my husband" or the like.

Then all of the sudden she turns evil. Which isn't a bad thing in itself, but I mean, come on...she didn't show any good spy abilities when she was "good" besides that one car chase scene, but even then she wasn't *that* good. Then all of the sudden I'm supposed to believe she's a badass? I don't think so. And now, they've made her character disjointed and there's no continuity whatsoever. It worked with Irina, but this moral ambiguity doens't work for her. First, in Blowback she's all evil and jumping Sark (ick!! :o_O: get off my Sarkie) but then in The Frame she gets all upset over killing her father, whom she supposedly hates anyway. But then in Unveiled she's back to being a badass, killing Cipher and torturing the doctor.

No way. Not believable. Not at all. Oh yes, and they have her doing these things that a real double agent would never do. She is calling Sark from the JTF, and in the last episode she's keeps screwing up, but ends up getting lucky in the end...sort of...cause now the CIA is onto her...

Plot holes and character inconsistancy. Thats what I don't like about Lauren.

Edited to Add:
I wanted to add exactly what Joyie said in her post below. When I complain about the accent, the pouty lips, the too much eyeliner...those aren't the reasons I hate her. They are things that annoy me about a character which I hate (for the reasons previously mentioned)

Oh yes, and I think its okay to be against love triangles in general...and thats a valid reason not to like a character. If JJ wanted S/V to have some more obstacles, I really don't think he should have gotten them together so soon...but that's just me...

You tell her, Amy! :lol:

That's exactly why I don't like Lauren! Not because she stands in the way of S/V. Or because of the stupid accent. Or the fact that she wears like 5 inches of eyeliner. :blink: :lol: That's just the things that make her annoying. :hmm:

I love Melissa George, and after the car chase scene where Lauren jumped Sark (I thought that was hilarious - and completely devoid of longing stares and heartache), I started to love Lauren!
Her voice is the way it is. That's the way Melissa speaks. After living in London and Dublin, but being an Australian, my accent is pretty messed up too. There are accents other than American, and people who live in a number of countries in their teens and twenties are bound to have a mixture of accents.

There are accents other than American, and people who live in a number of countries in their teens and twenties are bound to have a mixture of accents.

Um, wow. As an American, who is slighty offended at the implication that we're all ignorant of other people's accents, I'd like to say...of course there are other accents in the world. And of course people who live in different countries will have a mixture of accents. In fact, I myself have a mixture of accents, having lived in both the north and the south in the US. Of course, mine had turned into pretty much a non-accent...but that's besides the point...

That doesn't make hers less annoying. Besides, if it were just her accent, I wouldn't hate her character. Plus, I have nothing against Melissa George. My annoyance with her accent stops at the character of Lauren.

amy lynn said:
There are accents other than American, and people who live in a number of countries in their teens and twenties are bound to have a mixture of accents.

Um, wow. As an American, who is slighty offended at the implication that we're all ignorant of other people's accents, I'd like to say...of course there are other accents in the world. And of course people who live in different countries will have a mixture of accents. In fact, I myself have a mixture of accents, having lived in both the north and the south in the US. Of course, mine had turned into pretty much a non-accent...but that's besides the point...

That doesn't make hers less annoying. Besides, if it were just her accent, I wouldn't hate her character. Plus, I have nothing against Melissa George. My annoyance with her accent stops at the character of Lauren.
Well, as an Australian, I find it insulting that everybody keeps saying how bad her accent is when it's mostly Australian! That's actually her voice - Australian mixed with a bit of American. So I'm not trying to insult Americans, but I'd like to know why you all keep saying how bad her (mainly Australian) accent is. We don't all sound like the Crocodile Hunter down here!

Natalia said:
Well, as an Australian, I find it insulting that everybody keeps saying how bad her accent is when it's mostly Australian! That's actually her voice - Australian mixed with a bit of American. So I'm not trying to insult Americans, but I'd like to know why you all keep saying how bad her (mainly Australian) accent is. We don't all sound like the Crocodile Hunter down here!
Maybe it's because her character isn't from Australia. I guess if her character was supposed to be from there it wouldn't matter.

It also might be because her voice (regardless of the accent) seems a little annoying.

There are so many people's voices (regardless of the accent) that I personally find annoying...and it is in no way a reflection of how I feel about other people with an accent from the same area. And I'm sure I'm not alone in that sentiment. Besides, I hate the character. I'd be willing to bet that it wouldn't matter what her voice actually sounded like...

Of course, I don't speak for everyone else, that is just my opinion.

I don't mean to offend anyone either. I really don't want people to think that it is a reflection of how I feel about people from the same area.

And of course you don't all sound like the Crocodile Hunter!! Just like not all Americans sound the same!

Anyway, I didn't mean for this to turn into some sort of defending of anything. Because it really has nothing to do with the accent that I dislike Lauren.

Back