Everyone seems to hate Lauren...

Why do you hate the character of Lauren Reed?

• Because she's married to Vaughn! Vaughn should be with Syd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • She treats Syd with disrespect

• She's winy/annoying

• She's snobby

• The actress's performance is lacking

• I don't hate Lauren Reed!!! I LOVE her! She's the best

• The character hasn't been around long enough for me to say

• Total voters
amy lynn said:
Natalia said:
Well, as an Australian, I find it insulting that everybody keeps saying how bad her accent is when it's mostly Australian! That's actually her voice - Australian mixed with a bit of American. So I'm not trying to insult Americans, but I'd like to know why you all keep saying how bad her (mainly Australian) accent is. We don't all sound like the Crocodile Hunter down here!
Maybe it's because her character isn't from Australia. I guess if her character was supposed to be from there it wouldn't matter.

It also might be because her voice (regardless of the accent) seems a little annoying.

There are so many people's voices (regardless of the accent) that I personally find annoying...and it is in no way a reflection of how I feel about other people with an accent from the same area. And I'm sure I'm not alone in that sentiment. Besides, I hate the character. I'd be willing to bet that it wouldn't matter what her voice actually sounded like...

Of course, I don't speak for everyone else, that is just my opinion.

I don't mean to offend anyone either. I really don't want people to think that it is a reflection of how I feel about people from the same area.

And of course you don't all sound like the Crocodile Hunter!! Just like not all Americans sound the same!

Anyway, I didn't mean for this to turn into some sort of defending of anything. Because it really has nothing to do with the accent that I dislike Lauren.
I guess I'm not Lauren's biggest fan either, but I think that some of her scenes are really funny, and bring something to the show that has been lacking since characters like Marshall and Will aren't around much anymore.
I just think it's awful people are saying things like, "I hate Lauren because of her stupid voice," Or, "I hate Lauren because she has dark eyebrows"!

I just think it's awful people are sying things like, "I hate Lauren because of her stupid voice," Or, "I hate Lauren because she has dark eyebrows"!

I totally understand that. I completely agree...I don't think it is right to hate a character solely because of that...you have to have a more valid reason than appearance or other superficial things...

amy lynn said:
Lets see. Why do I hate Lauren...

First of all, I'm not an S/V shipper. In fact, I can't stand S/V together. So keep in mind that this is not a motivating factor...

I gave the character of Lauren a shot at first, but she never grew on me. The first half of the season she didn't seem very strong to me. When she was "good" she seemed...I don't know...very weak. Next to a character like Sydney (who I'll admit has her 'whiny' moments) she seemed dull and lifeless. All she seemed to say was "stay away from my husband" or the like.

Then all of the sudden she turns evil. Which isn't a bad thing in itself, but I mean, come on...she didn't show any good spy abilities when she was "good" besides that one car chase scene, but even then she wasn't *that* good. Then all of the sudden I'm supposed to believe she's a badass? I don't think so. And now, they've made her character disjointed and there's no continuity whatsoever. It worked with Irina, but this moral ambiguity doens't work for her. First, in Blowback she's all evil and jumping Sark (ick!! :o_O: get off my Sarkie) but then in The Frame she gets all upset over killing her father, whom she supposedly hates anyway. But then in Unveiled she's back to being a badass, killing Cipher and torturing the doctor.

No way. Not believable. Not at all. Oh yes, and they have her doing these things that a real double agent would never do. She is calling Sark from the JTF, and in the last episode she's keeps screwing up, but ends up getting lucky in the end...sort of...cause now the CIA is onto her...

Plot holes and character inconsistancy. Thats what I don't like about Lauren.

Edited to Add:
I wanted to add exactly what Joyie said in her post below. When I complain about the accent, the pouty lips, the too much eyeliner...those aren't the reasons I hate her. They are things that annoy me about a character which I hate (for the reasons previously mentioned)

Oh yes, and I think its okay to be against love triangles in general...and thats a valid reason not to like a character. If JJ wanted S/V to have some more obstacles, I really don't think he should have gotten them together so soon...but that's just me...
yes im not saying that all the ppl that hate lauren reed are bc of these 3-4 things, and i thinks you for actually taking what i said into account instead of just brushing over it oh and joyie or whatever *smiles* why dont YOU tell me? Ok you allready did so READ On *no trying to offened anyone*

People actually hate her voice? I love it.. it's very sexy.

And people think she's whiney? I don't really remember her whining.. if anything, I think she's just baiting Vaughn (who I think she actually detests but stuck with because of her job).

I can see people hating Lauren because she kind of interrupted the "thing" Sydney and Vaughn had (even though I personally think Sydney is better off without him, since she has her most bad@$$ moments when they aren't together)... but...

Ive got nothing against Lauren personally.

I hated that they made her from ENGLAND! (Right, because, you know, Australian and English accents are EXACTLY the same. Spare me.)

As a S/V shipper, i has the superficial dislike of her being with Vaughn instead of Syd... but apart from that.. ive got nothing against the lady.

I wouldn't say I LOVE her but I would definitely say that she is one of my favorite characters. How she got away with deceiving the people so long is beyondmy knowledge, but she did it, which proves that her skills are beyond extrodinary. Having the ability to pretend to be someone she isn't for that long. That is impressive. I just wish they developed her character a bit more before they "killed" her off.

Back