Exodus

Everything was set in sand. Michael was apprehensive about this strategy--It wasn't guaranteed that anyone would come out of it alive. But it was his only option at the moment. And the fraught soon become the desperate.

Irina had it all planned out now. She had decided against going in alone--It would be too suspicious. They would sneak in through the air duct, as discretely drawn on the blueprints as possible. They could observe things from an aerial point of view until they reached the storage room, where Irina presumed Sydney would most likely be held. He simply nodded during her speech, still staring at the desk.
They would leave in one hour.

---

He didn't want to go through with this, she could tell. But she also knew he had no choice. Because she would go with or without him. And when she rescued Sydney, he would be standing in the background mutely, just a pawn in Irina's subconscious plan.

"We leave in one hour."

The preparations would be easy. A jet would be located. Destination plotted. Nothing could go wrong.

The only obstacle was Michael Vaughn.

---

Everything was moving too fast. It seemed as if when he blinked, he was somewhere new. First the storage room. Then a jet. Then a terminal. Then a car. Then a warehouse. Too many places, too many sounds, too many sights… It was so confusing. There wasn't enough time to let anything sink in. There were people there--Talking to him. Telling him again and again what he had to do. Shoved a gun into his pocket. Pointed in a direction. Told him that someone was to pick him up and drop in off in a different location. Reminded him of his goal. He was almost certain he had fallen asleep several times during the stranger's orientation. He opened his eyes, and he was in a car. Blink. Now on a sidewalk. That way, the driver pointed, and he disappeared as suddenly as he had come.
That's when he remembered what he had to do.
And more importantly, why he had to do it.

OMG! U have to have to have to have to write MORE MORE MORE MORE! I toally and completely LOVE it! U are a very talented writer. Keep writing! Can u PM wen the next chapter is up? That would be soooooooooooooooo great! I cant wait to read the rest!

<3, Kailyn

OMG! U have to have to have to have to write MORE MORE MORE MORE! I toally and completely LOVE it! U are a very talented writer. Keep writing! Can u PM wen the next chapter is up? That would be soooooooooooooooo great! :jump: I cant wait to read the rest! Chapter 3 is done and Chapter 4 is up! YAY! :cheers: Check it out! I think that these 2 chapters have been my best. What do u think? Read it and find out! Im starting chapter 5! Im on a roll! Sorry, I had to change my username. I couldn’t post on my other one.

<3, Kailyn

can u please please please with a cherry on top PM me when you have posted the next part? i would appreciate that sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
ooooooooooooooooooooooo much! thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you! :jump:

<3, Kailyn

EME!!!!!THAT WAS AMAZING, this is coming together perfectly and i think i know everybody's plan but ...i dont!ooooo!!!this is too good, im a terrible reader and updater and i havent checked it lately and i just sat here and read it all again!!
Can ya please pm me when the next one is up?! thanks!!!!
and once again great chapter!!

The jet ride was surprisingly pleasant. He did not touch anything offered to him of course, but other than that, it was very comfortable. Irina sat in a seat opposite him across a small, round table bolted to the floor. There was no in-flight movie to lull him off to sleep, and perhaps that was a good thing. He awkwardly ran his hands through his brown locks, shooting a side glance at Irina. She was reading a book--He was tempted to lean over and see the title, but resisted the urge. Leaning back in his seat, he silently picked at the dirt underneath his fingernails. Anything to keep him occupied. Every so often he shot dark glances at Irina, almost to prove that he could.

The plane landed at a private runway, but it was too dark to make out anything but the silhouettes of edifices from the tiny plane window. Two bodyguards appeared out of nowhere and 'assisted' him off of the jet, prodding his back with the muzzle of their guns. Irina was closely followed--two guards were helping her off too.

---

Of Mice of Men. One of her favorite books. She had started reading it when Sydney was born, and she hadn't stopped rereading it since then. Just to remind her.

Once in a while she lifted her gaze from the text to watch her companion, who was shooting her shady looks. She simply cocked a brow and returned to reading. This Michael Vaughn was a very puzzling character, but she shrugged it off. It wasn't every day that someone you knew for went missing. That is, unless, of course, you were Irina Derevko.

After the entire ride in silence, she book marked her page and set it on the silver surface that separated them. They most likely would not be allowed to bring anything it.

Impassive orbs show no emotion whatsoever as the guards lift her out of her seat and shoved her off the airplane. She offered no form of resistance and gave no signal to her partner--She only hoped he would have enough brains to figure out what was going on.

They were jostled into a small building, down numerous hallways, through several trapdoors, and from there, what seemed like an office. It was very bland but well adorned to say the least, with a pricy carpet covering the wooden panels and a mahogany desk set before a austere chair. One or two paintings were hung upon the cement walls, filling the empty spaces that the bookshelves did not. Two guards settled themselves, stiff and on alert, eyes straight ahead.

She sat there in silence, daring to turn to look at Vaughn. He seemed to be silently fuming, hand placed over his now empty gun holster. She could tell his was quite shook up at being here with two wanted personages on the premise and nothing to defend him with. But that probably wasn't all that was on his mind.

The doorknob turned and the door was pushed open. Irina oscillated, placidly but warily eyeing the portal.

---

"She's not here."

"I must have heard you incorrectly. She isn't there?"

"No sir."

"Did you see her at all?"

"No sir. Some guards had been taken out though, sir. I assume someone else has been here before us."

"Damn."

There was a pause.

"Are you in her office now?"

"Yes sir, at least, it seems to be."

"Good. Tell me if any blueprints in the file cabinet by the door are missing."

---

((I liked this chapter... -insane cackle- Lots of action, lots of suspense, lots of drama... Don't you just love me for leaving you hanging?))

Ohhhhhhhh that was sooo good! More than good... it was one of the *best* chapters ever!!! Thanks for the pm cept i was half done before you sent it! :D :lol: :rotflmao: GREAT JOB!

GREAT JOB! great chapter once again and UGH! CLIFFHANGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back