Finding Home

This is my first fan fiction!
It starts out after the third season finale.

Syd is in her apartment frantically trying to pack everything up and bury the last 12 years of her life. Vaughn knocks on her door and she quickly walks over to answer. Vaughn walks in and realizes what she's doing.
"Syd, you can't do this," he pleads anxiously.
"I think i have to. I can't do it anymore... live with the CIA looking over my shoulder... work in the same building as my father, knowing what he's done to me."
"Where are you gonna go? You know they can find you anywhere."
"I'm not trying to hide. I just can't make it easy for them. I have to start a new life... my life."
"But what about us?"
"I've been sitting here trying to convinve myself to stay. Trying to convince myself that by leaving i might be ruining the one chance we have to be together... to be happy again. But i have to leave... i have to see what really is out there. I have to find out who i really am."
Vaughn reluctantly leaves the apartment... knowing he has to let her go.

Sydney arrives in New York. She rents out an apartment and gets a job as a high school english teacher. However, her life in the CIA still haunts her every day. She can feel the presence of a past left unsettled. She thinks about Vaughn constantly and hasn't really found the strength to move on. Suddenly, she receives a knock on her door. She cautiously heads towards the door, bringing back memories of her old life... not being able to trust a single thing. She is shocked to see Vaughn at the door. She hasn't spoken to him in months.

"I wanted to surprise you."
"What are you doing here?"
"It took me four months the realize what i was thinking. To understand what i really wanted. When you moved away, i thought you were giving me a reason to leave, but you were really taking away the only reason i had left to stay. I wanna be with you. We have to be us again."

Syd and Vaughn kiss. Vaughn moves in with Sydney and they have the life they've always dreamed of. One day, Vaughn's phone rings.

"Hello?"
"Hey man.. it's Weiss."
"Hey, how's it goin."
"Good, uh i have something to tell you and i really don't know how to day it so here goes. I just got back from a mission. I was sent to investigate a building in Australia where the CIA thought a Covenant lab for doing research was located. By the time we got to the building, it was abandoned. We still searched through thee buildings and we came across a toddler sleeping in a room underground. We brought him back to the CIA. We took a hair sample from him a put it throught the CIA's genetic database. It rendered two matched... yours and Sydney's"

Please tell me what you think so far. Constructive criticism helps... it was my first try. Tell me if you think i should keep writing or what.

seems iteresting. Moves a bit fast, you know, but that's OK!!!
The ides is good! keep it up, send me a PM please, OK?

Thx

Aquila

In her mind, Sydney accepted that Kendall couldn't possibly have told her everything that happened during her two missing years, she just never realized there was so much to know. Vaughn wrapped his arms around Sydney as they both stood in stunned silence, trying to understand the enormity of the last few minutes. Suddenly the words from the only concrete thing she had of her missing time pierced through her mind. "Everything is stolen... everything." The words had haunted her as she stared at a video of herself and her intentions finally became clear.

"What should we do?" asked Vaughn in an unsure tone
"I guess we have to go to LA. I mean what if he really is our son... we have an obligation to at least find out."
"How can this be... I mean is this even possible."
"Considering i don't remember two years of my life... I'd say anything's possible."

Sydney and Vaughn sat in silence as the plane bound for LA filled with people. They immediately noticed a family sitting to the right of them. Could they actually be a happy family? Sydney was almost angry at the discovery. It disrupted her seemingly happy life. Four months of living with Vaughn and she was convinced she had finally found home again. She hoped for the best, suddnely aware that having a son could seal her relationship with Vaughn and give her the life they've both always wanted. But she knew that things were never that easy. That a successful family couldn't be made overnight.

Sydney and Vaughn held hands tightly as they entered the CIA rotunda they had sworn to forget. Out of the corner of her eye, Sydney could see her father typing at his desk. She knew that he was as unable to look at her as she was him. His latest betrayal was still evident in her mind.

"Where is he?" questioned Vaughn as they reached Weiss
"He's being held in a room underground... Dixon said you guys can see him." These words sounded harsh... as if they were holding a wanted criminal instead of a 3 year old boy.

Sydney and Vaughn entered a small room with a bed in the corner. Neither of them had ever been in this room before and they eyes were immediately drawn to the small boy, sound asleep on a bed.

Tell me what you think. Should i write more?

They each gaze straight at him, trying to find a resemblence to their own face and trying to memorize exactly what he looks like. They find their way to two chair situated close to they bed, all the while, neither releasing the tight grip they hold on the other's hand.

"Do you think he's really ours?" asked Vaughn quietly.
"I dont' know, let's go talk to Dixon."

They began walking through the rotunda, once again feeling the weight of a thousand faces on them as they neared Dixon's office."

"Dixon, will you please help us out," pleaded Sydney
"All we know is that this boy has DNA that matches the both of yours. Also, a partially filled out birth certificate was found inside the facility in Australia. It only contained his birth place and date. According to the certificate, he was born in Paris, France on Januray 14, 2004."

"Oh God, that was during the two years i was gone."

"I don't think they Covenant is interested in branching into day care. Why would they take him?" questioned Vaughn.

"Well it is our belief that Sydney was abducted because the Convenant thinks she can produce Rambaldi's heir. And even though she wasn't pregnant using Rambaldi's DNA, they may have believed the child had some connection to the prophecy. That's as much as we know."

"Does he have a name?" asked Vaughn

"Not that we know of."

"He's awake." sounded an agent monitoring the boy's room.

"Here we go." Sydney responded in an apprehensive tone.

They walked towards the small room where their son was being held. Vaughn placing his arm around Sydney's shoulder, motioned her towards the door. Sydney turned the knob and looked inside. They boy was now sitting on the bed and you could clearly see his facial features and body. His light brownish-green eyes and light brown hair echoed those of this parents. At first he shyly continued to sit on the bed, seemingly unaware of the two figures that had entered the room. All the sudden he got up and slowly walked towards Sydney.

"Who are you?" he asked

"Uh... i'm a friend... I'm going to help you. Can you tell me your name?"

"Um... the men call me boy. Are they coming back?"

"No they won't be around anymore." Vaughn answered

"Can you play with me then?" the boy questioned

Back