Going Home

This is co-written between myself and blondiedays over at SD-1, she is not here, but I have her full permission to post this here, so leave us some feedback, we have more written. And remember to trust us, we know what we are doing and this is an S/V fic...its just a little angsty at the beginning

Title: Going Home
Authors: Queenie (aka Nicole, aka sv4ever07) and Screech (aka Vanessa, aka blondiedays)
Rating: PG-13, just for safety purposes, because you never know…
Disclaimer: Ah, my favourite part. Okay. Just the usual Screech is really Jennifer Garner, so therefore she has a kick ass job (literally), and is dating a sexy sexy man. Queenie is really Melissa George, so she has a kick ass job as well but in reality, she is dating David Anders, though every second weekend, Screech and Queenie swap men. And yes, we both fully acknowledge the fact that we’re insane. Insane minds think alike!! Lol
Summary: Michael Matthews left his happy life 8 years ago for no reason, leaving behind his wife and their 3 children. What happens when he decides that he wants to go back?

CHAPTER 1

Michael Matthews rolled around in the bed, his sleep plagued with dreams he thought were long gone, that even Jessica's gentle touch could not relieve.

She smiled up at him, tears pouring down both of their cheeks as they looked at the newest additions to their family.

The nurse smiled at the both of them as she wheeled the portable bassinets towards them. "I'd like you to meet your sons, Oliver Myles," she said handing Oliver to his mother, "And Joshua Mitchell."

Each held one in their arms, the happiness radiating off them in waves, "Look at their fingers and toes, they're so small and fragile and beautiful."

"Of course they're beautiful," he beamed, "Look at their mother."

Michael bolted up in bed, sweat pouring off of him as Jessica slowly sat up with him. "The dreams again?" she murmured.

He nodded his head as he pulled the blankets back. "Where are you going?" she quietly asked.

"Out to take a walk, I need to clear my head," he mumbled as he pulled a sweatshirt over his head, 'I need time to think.'

He pulled some pants and a T-shirt, grabbed his jacket, kissed Jessica, and headed outside.

Pulling his jacket more tightly around him as he was met with the crisp December air, he began his walk in the Toronto neighborhood where he lived with Jessica.

Walking aimlessly he had a million thoughts running through his head. ‘What should I do? I know I’m hurting Jessica, because I can’t give her my whole heart, but what else am I supposed to do? Go back to her?’ He let out a small chuckle at the idea.

‘The most beautiful woman in the world, and the mother of my children. Any smart man would have stayed with her, or if they were stupid enough to leave in the middle of the night, they would have come back the next day. Especially if she were the love of your life. So what the hell happened? Why did I leave? Why didn’t I go back the next day like my heart was telling me? It’s been 8 years and it hasn’t gotten any easier!’

He smiled as an image of her flashed in his mind. She was smiling down at their daughter, she was 4 months old; 7 months before he left. She was smiling at their daughter with their 5 year old twin boys looking on.

‘What the hell was I thinking? I had the perfect life! An amazing wife who was not only stunning, but had the personality to match, I had 3 beautiful children, and I gave it all up. I left my home and my family and headed to Toronto. I made a fresh start. Why the hell did I need to make a new start?’

Immediately the answer came to mind. ‘I didn’t deserve her. She deserved much better than me. I wasn’t worthy of her, of her love. I needed to leave to give her a better life.’

'How can I leave here though? Jessica loves me, she thinks I love her too...but I could never love her the way I loved my wife, that kind of love is only known once in a lifetime if you're lucky.’

He wanted to smack his head up against a wall, do something, he felt so helpless, he had no clue what he was going to do, he had to make a choice: go back to the miserable life he was living now or go back to the family that was waiting for him at home.

Be miserable, or be happy, he knew what he had to do and turned on his heel, heading back towards his house in the suburbs of Toronto.

He practically raced back towards the house he shared with Jessica, a plan already forming itself in his mind. He quietly snuck back inside, knowing that she would be fast asleep again.

Careful not to wake her, he pulled his suitcase out from under the bed and began to quickly and quietly pack his belongings.

With a satisfied smile, he zipped his suitcase shut and glanced over to the beautiful woman sleeping in his bed. He made his way over to where she was lying and sat down beside her.

“I’m so sorry Jessica,” he whispered, brushing back her hair with his hand, “I wish you nothing but love and happiness.”

Jessica stirred in her sleep and Michael kissed her temple, in an attempt to both calm her and say goodbye.

He made his way downstairs and to the front door. With his hand on the doorknob, he took one last look at his house, a smile on his lips.

“I’m going home,” he said as he walked outside and shut the door behind him.

Please review! :D

Back