Foreign movies

let's restart this one, shall we. :smiley:

my favorite is, of course, amelie (the avatar gives it away, doesn't it?). :D i also really liked il mediterraneo, cinema paradiso, and la vita e bella. of course, i watched il mediterraneo without subtitles and my italian wasn't the greatest so who knows if that was even a good movie or not. :rolleyes:

whoopee!!!! this is so great...i feel appreciated...i mean i feel the movies are appreciated:thinking: well any way its all good...

seven samurai
la strada
la cage aux folles
hidden fortress
yojimbo
M
metropolis
au revoir mes enfants
8 femmes
amelie

gee i feel bad i havent seen all these great movies...time to convince my dad that weve just gotta rent more movies...

btw...if you really love movies...esp foreign and obscure movies...and you live in the bay area(yah sorry guys who dont...) you just have to get yerself over to LE VIDEO!!! the coolest video store ever...blockbuster is nothing(i personally despise blockbuster so...) well yes just a little suggestion:smiley:

You knows what is great about a DVD? Is that you can watch it in french,spanish, and english. I love watching things in russian cause I can learn how to speak it better!

Bondgal2007 said:
You knows what is great about a DVD? Is that you can watch it in french,spanish, and english. I love watching things in russian cause I can learn how to speak it better!
yah i kno its so great...esp cartoons and stuff cause its not that different
o course nothings better than the original lang :D

crazy spinster said:
let's restart this one, shall we. :smiley:
Let's specify "foreign" to our US (and probably UK/English-speaking) visitors. We do get a number of visitors from countries in which English isn't the dominant language.
:smiley:

Oh, there are so many that I admire, I'd leave some out for sure.

Metropolis is a classic, as is
M
Last Year at Marienbad
Orphee (Jean Cocteau, of course)

And there's a ton that I want to see, but haven't had the chance. I'll have to get back with others . . .

My favorite foreign language films...

Au Revoir Les Enfants (I LOVE this movie!)
Life is Beautiful (even though I don't understand it, I love Italian)
Jean de Florette and Manon de Sources
La Belle et la Bete (the really really old one!)
and there's another one... about a young boy who runs away from home... I can't remember the name of it though.

Of course I saw Amélie (french title : "Le fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain") and I loved it !
But I didn't see "8 femmes", is it a good movie ?? My mom didn't really like it !!

The movie Hero (Ying xiong) is really good and it stars Jet Li. Ive seen parts of the actions scenes and its really awesome. The movie hasnt been released in Ameica, i think its coming out this November, but i still saw some of it :rolleyes: Its all in Chinese so i just watched having no clue what their saying. Also the music in the movie is like almost identical to the music in Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, wonder why :smiley:

I like Pedro Almodóvar Films:

Talk to her , All about my mother, Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown...

But In Spain the Cinema Academy critics his very much, because his Movies are a social criticism and ironics.

More Spanish Films:

Belle Epoque is beautiful, Fernando Trueba makes a good Job and Penélope Cruz doesn´t despised to the press of her country that gave her fame.

Alejando Amenábar films are Awesome : Thesis (Thriller and awesome film), Open Your Eyes ( Vanilla Sky Sequel), Nobody Knows Anybody and The Others (with Nicole Kidman)

~Natalia~

Back