Forums Upgraded!

I upgraded the Hero's Hall vBulletin forums today (3.5.5 to 3.6.4). This was long overdue from both a security and feature standpoint.

This new upgrade will allow us to add and use new features, but it should also allow me to put methods in place to stop the spam bot invasion we have had recently.

I apologize for any of you who unwarily clicked on some of the 'pr0n' links that appeared. At least they were short lived. For those of you who enjoyed those links, well, you will have to look elsewhere. :P

We have a lot of add ons for the forum, like the arcade and such, and other custom code which may or not be adversely affected by this upgrade.

Please let us know if you experience any problems with the forum!

Regards,
Navarre

Most of 'em nowadays were in other languages, or were cleverly disguised. Like that one that got Sherri to click it because all it said was "Movies".

Ack! Quick replies don't cause the page to refresh like before! In fact, it doesn't even show that it's been added! That needs to be fixed somehow.

Bah! It worked for that post, but then it wouldn't let me edit it. The 'Save' and 'Go Advanced' buttons didn't do anything but mock me.

Hmm, I'll see if I can do anything about it.

Update:

I've disabled the AJAX features until we can figure out why they aren't working properly.

As for the rest, the award hack needs to go. It's buggy and unsupported by 3.6.4. Some of the others might need upgrading (or removal if no upgrade is available).

I'll install a replacement to the Captcha Images nonsense to stop the spambots.

The forums have been updated to fix a few issues caused by the upgrade.

The Edit feature has been repaired (Save / Go Advanced)

You will probably notice a few changes. We have a couple of misc new features available to us. Some will be transparent, like our new anti-spam measures and our infraction system (which you shouldn't notice unless you already, frequently receive warnings and post deletions from moderators/admins).

Unfortunately, some outdated mods/plugins had to be removed.

The most notable mods which required removal were the arcade and the auto-birthday thread generator. We will see about adding new, fun things in the future. I apologize for any High Scores or Tournament Championship titles lost by this.

Please feel free to start a 'Happy Birthday' thread in the 'Off-Topic' forum if you see someones b-day has arrived.

Thanks to Sol Invictus for his help and time today.

Cheers.
Navarre

In related news, I'll be around the forums a lot more often. Which is to say, I'll be around the forums. Hero's Journey has definitely taken my interest.