New Game Opens On TCO Forums

blur

Cadet
Just thought I'd let you guys know, I'm running a new "guess the movie" game on one of the public parts of TCO's forum called 'The Commons'. I post a screenshot, you guess the movie.

You can see the Commons here: Forums - TCO Network

The first installment is called, "Blur's "What Movie Is That?" Contest, Part 1" and future installments will be "Blur's "What Movie Is That?" Contest, Part 2", "Blur's "What Movie Is That?" Contest, Part 3", etc, etc.

In all honesty, the public sections of the TCO Web site are tiny compared to the private forums which the members use "on the inside", but I thought it might be fun to run a contest in the Commons so that HH members who have already signed up as TCO Guests (you all know who you are), could have something to play with us and, indeed, if anyone else wanted to drop by, you're more than welcome.

And for anyone who's wondering, don't stress, we don't take public forum membership to mean that you're suddenly part of our group! Joining TCO is actually a lot harder, and more selective than that!

Come on, there's about a good half dozen HH people already registered on the TCO forum.

What's the matter? You don't watch movies? :smiley:

Offically Supported = SWG ~ EQ2 ~ EvE
Guild Wars used to be official, and it is seeing something of a resurgance.
New Games of Interest: Vangaurd ~ HJ (of course) ~ Pirates of The Burning Seas ~ LoTR
Side games: Planetside, Star Wars Battle Front

Dirk Gently said:
Offically Supported = SWG ~ EQ2 ~ EvE
Guild Wars used to be official, and it is seeing something of a resurgance.
New Games of Interest: Vangaurd ~ HJ (of course) ~ Pirates of The Burning Seas ~ LoTR
Side games: Planetside, Star Wars Battle Front

Cool, not WoW.. /respect

What does "officially supported", "games of interest" and "side games" means?
Has it to do with how much coverage it gets on your forums or is it it more about how many TCO members playing?
..and what makes a game into the "game of interest"-list?

Dyngo said:
Cool, not WoW.. /respect

What does "officially supported", "games of interest" and "side games" means?
Has it to do with how much coverage it gets on your forums or is it it more about how many TCO members playing?
..and what makes a game into the "game of interest"-list?
Officially supported means the group will go out there and actively promote themselves in that game. An officially supported game gets its own forums in the members section, too.

Games of interest is essentially as the name implies, games that are yet to be released, but which we have members sort of queuing up for.

Side games are games that aren't official, and aren't very big, so they don't have their own seperate forum... but you can certainly find TCO members who will give them a play every once in awhile.

To become an official game, there has to be a good number of TCO members dedicated to it over a good period of time to demonstrate that if the TCO council does create forums for it, etc, that it won't fall over tomorrow and the whole excercise was a waste of time.

On the topic of WoW, there are a few TCOers who play WoW, but it's generally within other guilds. There's no TCO body in WoW.

There USED to be a TCO body in WoW but it was fairly.. disorganised and sort of drifted apart, a lot of the WoW gamers weren't using the forum and connected to the rest of TCO. This is something we're striving to avoid with our HJ group. Forum participation and interacting with fellow members regardless of what game they play or have interest in is what MAKES TCO, that's her essence.

Just a minor correction to make, as leader of the GW group.. it's not ever been an official TCO game and has always had small numbers but currently we're trying to be active on weekends, the last few weekends have been a struggle to get folks together but I keep on trying. It's my stress relief from school all week, so it's sort of a delayed gratification and I certainly play even if it is solo.

Also more clarification.. for a game to become official in TCO it needs a following of some kind though no specific numbers are required (this is something that is being developed now with so many new games popping up and is becoming more defined) and must have a constitution for that game that is ratified and approved by Council (seven members..though I think we only have six right now?). Basically Council just keeps everyone together, they moderate the forums and discuss business that affeccts TCO on a whole and isn't game-specific.

Hope that clarifies a few things. Right now are numbers seem to be low in all of our official games but everyone seems to post pretty regularily.. just sort of waiting for the next big thing to come along. SWG more or less failed us and the EQII group isn't recruiting much nor is the EVE group and people are just drifting off letting real life take over for now. Our numbers are still there.. but they aren't readily apparent unless you know where to find everyone.

Thanks to both of you (Blur & Leo)!

If it wasn't for my silly, and perhaps a bit naive, belief that I can build up my own EU based HJ community, I would tried to apply to TCO's HJ devision (or whatever invitation rites TCO goes for ;) ).

That's right, and you know, if it doesn't work out... well, the door's open to talk to you further. You're a cool guy, Dyngo.

Back