General Questions on Clans, Guilds & Great Houses

Jaraeth

Cadet
Clan: Runs With Scissors
Guild: Peacebringers

Goal: To run as fast as possible while carrying my trusty Shears of Peace!

<trips on a protruding rock in the cobblestone road and falls on his newly sharpened shears>

Healer!!

Since Frosty will be turning this into a discussion on clans, guilds, and great houses, I figured I'd start with my own questions pertaining to that subject...

Will it cost money to create a clan, guild or great house? What will be required to form them?

I know individual players can join a clan and guild, and clans in whole, can join guilds, what about Great Houses? Can individual players join them? Or only guilds? clans?

Do they all require aligning with a particular faction of the Triumvirate? or only Great Houses will bear that requiremnt?

Just a start ;)

~ Jaraeth

Greetings all.

I not sure what I can add to this but...

Being from GS the other simu game it took money to get a place and start a house or a PRO. Dues ect.

Zyllian

I don't mind that as long as it isn't something like original EQ2 where you had to work you behind off (grind grind grind) to keep a guild leveled.

Yeah, I don't mind paying either. For housing or for guilds. In DAoC you had to pay 300g and have a full group of 8 who were willing to form a guild with you, and all agree to the name.

~ Jaraeth

I don't think there should be any startup payment for a clan. Maybe for a giuld but not a clan, since that is more like a extented family than anything. Although this is a subject I honestly haven't read much about, so I really don't know how it's going to be done. I know that it's going to be different that in most games, but other than than.....

Now haven't seen anything about this subject either except for what they are planning to have clan,guild and alliance i think.. But I agree with morneblade that you shouldn't have to pay for a clan since what it seems is thats a family. But there should be a consiquence of some type if you leave it, Maybe a 10-14 day wait before your allowed to join another so that it discourages those clan jumpers out there and makes sure that the clan your joining is something you want to join.

Now with guilds I think maybe a monetary expense should be present since your making a larger commitment and will have more of an impact on the world so it should cost you(or the guild) something to form it. And also the same thing if your clan leaves then you should have some sort of wait before you join another.

And on alliances I would like to see not only a monetary but also maybe and xp loss or a detailed quest that takes you through the world and teaches you the politics of it and all leaders must have help from their respective clans to accomplish this.

Now by no means do I know what its going to be like this is just some ideas I'd like to see.

Back