HE videos

Hi guys...not sure if this is new to you but you can find some pretty cool videos showing the power of HE using HJ assets on the official Hero Engine website.

HeroEngine - Welcome to HeroEngine!

there is a pretty long worldbuilding video and some other effect and character creation videos. It's nothing about HJ but it's still something ;)

I'm pretty sure most of those Videos show Assets and Functionality that we're going to see in the Game, so i'd actually count them as "about Heros Journey". But, well, they're a few Months old and quite known (i'd expect).

Well they're certainly new to me. Yay videos!

EDIT: Wish I'd known about these before. The HeroEngine looks really great and if I'm right that means great things for HJ too when it does come out, so I'm more willing to wait now.

... Although now I rather envy those who get to work with those tools, they just look so... wonderful to work with.

The tools in Hero Engine are fun to work with because of how user friendly they are. It's relatively similar to the Electron Engine of nwn2.
I can't speak for the entire engine of course, just the portion I'm allowed to work with =D.
Although I'm familiar with Ued, I'm glad HE's not operated like Ued.
A while back, Ued or a 3D modeling program was required as a test to work on HJ.

I wouldn't say it sucks, just that its not easily learned functionally.
I tried to do a field from the dotHACK//GU series as a deathmatch. Turned out ok for the first attempt.

I'm even considering making the Sacred Grove from LoZ TP as a deathmatch for my Capstone project next year in Ued. Including custom TP characters to play as. Who knows though.

so you dont have to build a level using UEd as a test to become a HJ GM? I applied a year ago and was asked to do a level with UEd. Couldn't do it though because at the same time I got a job offer which was more important at that time. It would be fun to work with those tools though...but I dont have 15hours/week to spend on worldbuilding :(

do you know if there is someone dedicated to PR stuff @ simu? I used to talk to steph but she has stopped to answer my emails month ago...it's not much fun to do a fansite when the devs arent talking to you...

The engines choices changed in september/october 06.
the Engine choices were

*Unreal Editor (packaged in all Unreal games)
* Neverwinter Nights 2
* Titan Quest
* CryEngine Sandbox (Far Cry)
* Oblivion TES Construction Set
* Source Engine (Half-Life 2)

Or you could use
* Autodesk 3DS Max
* Bryce
* Maya
* Poser Autocad

I wouldn't say it sucks, just that its not easily learned functionally.
I tried to do a field from the dotHACK//GU series as a deathmatch. Turned out ok for the first attempt.

I'm even considering making the Sacred Grove from LoZ TP as a deathmatch for my Capstone project next year in Ued. Including custom TP characters to play as. Who knows though.

Alright, maybe the version at my school just sucks. Or, what we used to have. It was the closest thing to a game engine that they would let us have, but the version they had for us crashed like crazy and the books they gave us didn't have the right steps in them to do half the things needed. Our version didn't have ladder meshes.

It doesn't help that the computers at my school are prone to crashes anyhow... They're trying to at least get us Torque to use instead of Game Maker.

The engines choices changed in september/october 06.
the Engine choices were

*Unreal Editor (packaged in all Unreal games)
* Neverwinter Nights 2
* Titan Quest
* CryEngine Sandbox (Far Cry)
* Oblivion TES Construction Set
* Source Engine (Half-Life 2)

Or you could use
* Autodesk 3DS Max
* Bryce
* Maya
* Poser Autocad
Hmm I considered applying actually because it looked so fun, but I don't particularly know how to work with any of those besides 3DSMax and Maya, and I'm not sure you can actually call those engines.

Guess that's out the window, then.

Yeah, but who wants to use 3DS Max when you could use an engine like Electron?
I'm actually comfortable with using an engine or a modeling software so I'm not really picky.

That is an impressive engine, I just hope that I get to play the game it was made for someday...

Those videos aren't helping with the wait either.

Back