Head Over Heels

Duuuuuude Totally pm me!

i find this totally relatable because sadly i am in love with my friends brother :P

anyways can't wait for more

Gabby

Oklies - Update :D

But, first, I figured I'd answer a question -

So this story...mostly angst?? mostly fluff???

I'd say, it's a pretty even split... however, no promises that all the fluff (that's involved in the split) comes from purely Sydney and Michael... there are other people, too, you know ^_^

Okay, moving right along.

The PM list has been made, and - I refuse, because I'm lazy, to alphabetize it.
So, please - if your name isnt on it (yes, you actually have to look for your name...) let me know, and I'll add you. Or, if you want to be taken off, let me know, too.

k-mila
LittleNicky
ubielecki
shelley g.
Syd&Vaughn4eva
batman
atekamel
hannahb
Faye Vaughn
MH55995
sabbiee_co
Chicketepee
grassyass
freelancer79
luckylass
vartan-lova
aprilsfool6
fire*N*ice
Nancy O
cupcake55
scullymulder1234
SydneyVaughn47
aliasfan212
Sydney L Bristow
syd26
Lovygirl
Phoenixwannabe
tubby
vaughnroxmysox
vaughnsgurl4lf
Bamse
alias_chick_47
frangipani
ASIOagent
sparklingrainbow
wiseman
sydneymicheal
orely18a
undercover_spy
aliasisthebest
ae_gurl293
benzmine
derevkointraining
catfishally
ams4alias
Alwazabrat
freckles3706
funkymonkey
smartgirl2004
fieldstation
Jen-Jen
vaughnshoney
Bubbles
ChrisM
texasalias2004
Sarahmañana
iheartvaughn
Kate_14
6helterskelter6
AliasSydney502
BrownEyedGirl
SydVaughn1001
KAliasGirl
sydney_alias_vaughn
i love vaughny

Chapter Two

The last two weeks of school seemed to go by agonizingly slow. Each day brought them closer to that final day, that final bell, but in a way it seemed that summer was growing farther away with each second that passed.

Part of Sydney didn’t want summer to come. Knowing Michael would be leaving at some point, and still finding it hard to accept that he wasn’t hers anymore. They weren’t supposed to matter to one another, not now; last time was their final goodbye. At least, that’s what they kept telling themselves.

Michael would never admit to all the glances he snuck of Sydney when Rachel had her over, or the times he’d take the long way to class just to bump into her in the hall. It was hard for him to let go of her, even if they weren’t meant to be together. Part of him still held on.

Sydney, on the other hand, used denial as a source of release. Refusing to speak to him unless they were hurtful words, mentally scolding herself every time she thought that she wanted him, almost as badly as he wanted her. She told herself she was being mean, and cruel, but all she was doing was attracting a moth to the flame. Neither of them were capable of letting go.

Finally, after two agonizing weeks, June fifteenth came around and everybody was free for the summer. As Rachel and Sydney were headed out the front doors, Sydney felt someone grab onto her arm, looking up to see Matthew Hudgins’ smiling face.

He had kind of shaggy brown hair, like the sort you’d see surfers sporting at the beach. His eyes were an icy shade of blue, and Sydney could have sworn that in the summer light they began to sparkle. His grip on her elbow was firm, yet soft, and she couldn’t resist smiling up at him in return.

The night of June seventeenth, Sydney had a date.

Not even two seconds after Sydney had agreed to go to dinner with Matthew, Rachel had swung her hand around to smack the back of her best friend’s head. “I can’t believe you,” she snapped, her eyes growing cold.

Utterly perplexed, Sydney stared at her. “I’m not allowed to date, at all now?” she asked sarcastically.

“The seventeenth, this Friday, is graduation.” Rachel crossed her arms in front of her chest. “You know, Michael’s graduation.”

Sydney’s face grew blank, taking on a ghostly shade of white. “So?”

“So?” Rachel screeched. “So, you promised him you’d be there!”

Slowly, she shook her head. “That was a while ago, Rach. He probably doesn’t even want me there.”

Reluctantly, Rachel had agreed to help Sydney pick out the ‘perfect’ outfit for her date. Promising to spend all of Friday morning with her best friend and then having to rush home in order to get ready for her big brother's graduation.

She’d managed to complain about feeling guilty for ditching her brother and having to choose between the two of them at least once every half an hour, only to receive Sydney’s warning glare. Each time, Rachel threw her hands up in defeat, silently gloating that she was breaking Sydney down.

Eight o’clock rolled around and Matthew pulled up in front of Sydney’s house in his father’s black SUV. She greeted him at the door with a kiss to his left cheek, as he scanned her up and down when stepping back.

Her hair was done up nicely, only half of it pulled back into a clip while the rest fanned around her shoulders. She was wearing a denim skirt accompanied by a white long sleeve tee-shirt with a gray camisole underneath, not knowing what the temperature would be by the time she got home.

With a smile of self reassurance, the pair headed off towards the restaurant.

In order to get there Matthew had to drive past the school, which didn’t go unnoticed by Sydney. The bright white sign by the entrance read ‘Graduation tonight! Congratulations class of 2005’. Sydney couldn’t bring herself to look at it any longer, before turning her head to meet the side of Matthews’s cheek.

She could picture what was going on inside the auditorium. Knowing exactly what smile Michael would have on his face when receiving his diploma. How Rachel was mentally cursing her for missing out on his graduation. She also knew he’d be picking someone up and swinging them around by the waist in an act of happiness, and knew that it wasn’t going to be her.

The night went by slowly. Every minute or so Sydney’s thoughts would drift to a place in her mind that was forbidden, now that he wasn't hers. Only one ear was focused on Matthew, while her mind was spinning with the realization that she might never get Michael back.

Finally, it struck her like a rush of wind filling her lungs. Why should she be spending time focusing on him when he clearly wasn’t focused on her? Why bother to torture herself, convince herself that he was everything she needed, when he was everything she didn’t?

Because the pain is needed, she had convinced herself. That was all he was, and ever would be, to her. Pain, heartbreak, and the one that got away.

~​

Sydney had been home for almost three hours before the less reasonable side of her took charge. Without thinking, her fingers idly punched the numbers on her cell phone, and her ear listened to the familiar ring.

“Hello?” His voice still sounded the same, then why did it seem so different?

“Michael?” she managed to say easily, refusing to let too much thinking go to her head.

“Syd, is that you?” he asked quietly, she could have sworn his voice cracked.

“Can… can I see you?”

Sighing heavily, his breath filled into the phone. “Of course.”

She didn’t know how long it took to get to his house, or when exactly she’d ended up sitting on his bed. Sydney did know, however, that this was a place she always liked to be. Their sanctuary where no one else could harm them.

They’d been sitting next to each other in silence for a while. Both refusing to look the other in the eye, their body’s separate enough not to be touching, but close enough to feel the other's warmth.

“You didn’t come tonight,” he finally said bitterly.

“I know…,” her voice trailed off. “I was on a date.”

He stood now, Michael’s eyes staring down at the top of her head as she held it shamefully towards the floor. “You said you’d be there, Sydney. You told me that you wouldn’t miss it for the world.”

Her narrowed eyes looked up at them. The brown ones he’d known and loved now filled with hurt and a sense of betrayal. “That was before you ended things with me.”

Michael sighed heavily. “I still wanted you there, Sydney…”

Sydney looked up at him, slowly rising so that their faces were only inches apart. “I wanted to be there too,” she admitted quietly, her voice barely above a whisper. “I just couldn’t bring myself to do it.”

He stepped away quickly. “Then why are you here now?”

Michael wanted her to say it; he needed to hear it himself. He’d always loved her, and he knew that she loved him. Not that either of them would ever admit it, and not that things needed to be where they were the last time they split up. His pride, his soul, needed the reassurance that she felt the same.

“I needed to be with you,” Sydney whispered, salt water outlining the brim of her eyes.

His heart broke looking at her. “Don’t cry,” he pleaded. “Don’t cry for me.”

She did though, she cried for him, just as he inwardly cried for her. They never had a very open relationship, but she at least deserved the truth. Michael was older than her, he was moving on with his life. She should be too, but they were both stuck in the past.

If she was still there in the morning, he’d make it all right. He’d tell her that his plane left at four o’clock, and that he wanted her to be waiting for him. Right now though, the only thing either of their minds could process was the familiar feeling of the other’s lips on their own.

Their hands roamed territory that both had known from all their previous rendezvous. His lips trailing her neck, her hands running quickly over his chest and back. This wasn’t out of love, it never was with them. It was passion, eros, illusions of the heart.

They let the thoughts slip out of mind, and slowly managed to shed their clothing atop Michael’s bed. A scene both of them had played time to time again, an act both had preformed in the past.

As the couple became entwined in blankets and sheets afterwards, their labored breathing filled the room. Sydney’s hand rested on his bare chest, his hands running themselves through her brown locks.

She turned to look at him slowly, her heart breaking as she did so. “Michael,” she whispered.

A grunt was her reply.

“This… we’re still not together,” she informed him, the pattern she was drawing on his chest coming to a halt. “This was a one time thing.”

Michael clamped his eyes shut, pulling himself together before untangling their limbs. “I’ll see you around, Sydney,” he told her coldly, pulling on a pair of boxer shorts.

“What, wait, where are you going?”

He didn’t turn to look at her. “To shower,” was his answer. “I assume you aren’t staying the night, you know where the door is.”

If she was there when he came back, maybe they could give it a shot once again, maybe they could last this time. The ball was in her court now; she got to call the plays. He couldn’t help but hear, however, the sound of his bedroom door creaking open while the steaming water beat down on his back.

When returning to his room he found the bed neatly made, his clothing folded on a chair. A piece of paper had been placed on his pillow, a note that read, ‘I guess I will be seeing you around, Syd.’ Crumpling it up, he threw it into the trashcan next to the desk.

Not being able to sleep on the same sheets he’d just bared his heart on, he slowly stripped the covers and threw them in the hamper. He then took a clean set from the linen closet, and drifted off into a restless sleep.

~​

Sydney awoke to the sound of her cell phones incessant ringing on her night stand, and sleepily she flipped it open muttering a ‘hello?’.

“Where the frack are you?” Rachel’s angry voice filled her overly tired ear; she looked blankly at the clock. It was five in the morning.

“Um, in bed… where are you?” Sydney asked groggily, rubbing some of the sleep from her eyes as she sat up.

“At the airport, Sydney. Where you should have been an hour ago.” Rachel’s voice came out bitter and stern, snapping Sydney to attention.

“What, wait, where are you going?” she questioned rapidly, dragging her feet out of bed and looking for her slippers.

“Not me, Sydney. Michael!”

Sydney’s heart sunk. “What… are you talking about?” she managed to ask rationally, deep down almost knowing what Rachel was blabbering on about, but needing to hear it for herself. Damn stubbornness.

“He left for college Syd, about a half an hour ago. Michael said not to call you until he was already on the plane. God damnit Sydney, why weren’t you here?”

Alright - PMs in a sec :smiley:
*_Ash

--EDIT--

Chapter Three

:( i don't understand them. they just need to get together. but it would be boring without the angst.

who leaves for college at 4 in the morning?!!

This is not fair Ash.. things aren't supposed to be this way. They're supposed to be happy and together. Please fix it soon.
Great update tho
Thanks for the PM

Michael wanted her to say it; he needed to hear it himself. He’d always loved her, and he knew that she loved him. Not that either of them would ever admit it, and not that things needed to be where they were the last time they split up. His pride, his soul, needed the reassurance that she felt the same.

“I needed to be with you,” Sydney whispered, salt water outlining the brim of her eyes.
:( Why are they doing this??? They both love each other, but clearly are not doing anything about it. Broken up again... but still missing each other. :(

Great chapter! Thanks for the pm.

Why do they both have to be so stubborn!!! :angry:
-They both love each other....they just need to admit it!! (y)
-I agree tho...it would be boring without the angst!!
-Can't wait to see what happens next!!!! :woot:
Thanks for the pm!!

Oh my god, Sydney will be so heartbroken. Why can't they just admit the love they have for each other?!?! It's so frustrating!

(But then what kind of story would it be?)

Thanks for the PM,

~Anja

Back